What's new

A very hesitant attempt

Mr NunSense

Lesbian Admirer
Reputation score
Re: A very hesitant Attempt...

And you look at them works which you showed us and you can't say"its not bad"?

LustFire

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Common psychological issue with artists. When you see a big future ahead of you, you're gonna create self-criticism, which is very ironic. I call this behavior a form of defense mechanism.

If I can put my personal perspective in the mouth you're talking about, I guess it looks like it is protruding, but I call that acceptable anatomy variation. Still, if you have a style you like, don't be afraid to arrogantly pursue it.

Mr NunSense

Lesbian Admirer
Reputation score

If that's the case then i hope he finds the style/s he like to work with one day. Let me know Vic when u find it/them. :cool:

OP
Vicissitudo

Vicissitudo

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Common psychological issue with artists. When you see a big future ahead of you, you're gonna create self-criticism, which is very ironic. I call this behavior a form of defense mechanism.

If I can put my personal perspective in the mouth you're talking about, I guess it looks like it is protruding, but I call that acceptable anatomy variation. Still, if you have a style you like, don't be afraid to arrogantly pursue it.
It may look like that but it isn't.
I probably steamed out some details of my life some pages ago. I it's about a year that I am coming out of a very "dark" moment of my life. Missing goals, meeting failure, to make it short. I have lost my self esteem and I am struggling to make my life different but, in order to do so, I have to constantly demand a lot from myself. For my job, my difficult familiar situation and other stuff...

Problems we all have, I'm not a snoflake nor I think to be so but my personality makes me react like that. Sometimes I am stronger and I can be positive, other times I have some drawbacks and I can't do anything about that.
Blame if you want, I don't really care...it's just me...

Right now I just want to improve...probably that's another way to steam out...I don't know...

Last edited:

LustFire

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

I'm also gonna add something wild here. Maybe you should expect less criticism here and focus more on finishing erotic artworks. I read what you posted about "not wanting to compete", and unfortunately I can't relate. If you just want to feel happy for yourself, then sorry if I'm misunderstanding. I have a competitive blood.

I was gonna say "it's fine to vent out your problems", but I'll be frank right now. You should control yourself more. This is a Hentai forum, and there are very clear expectations between the artist and the entire community. Don't misunderstand what I said, because I'm only hoping I provided you a motivating perspective or a new direction.

OP
Vicissitudo

Vicissitudo

Sex Demon
Reputation score

I'm also gonna add something wild here. Maybe you should expect less criticism here and focus more on finishing erotic artworks. I read what you posted about "not wanting to compete", and unfortunately I can't relate. If you just want to feel happy for yourself, then sorry if I'm misunderstanding. I have a competitive blood.

I was gonna say "it's fine to vent out your problems", but I'll be frank right now. You should control yourself more. This is a Hentai forum, and there are very clear expectations between the artist and the entire community. Don't misunderstand what I said, because I'm only hoping I provided you a motivating perspective or a new direction.
You are right. Probably I should stop post here until I master my skills more. I don't want to disappoint expectations nor spam with my personal stuff. My apologies.

Mr NunSense

Lesbian Admirer
Reputation score

You are right. Probably I should stop post here until I master my skills more. I don't want to disappoint expectations nor spam with my personal stuff. My apologies.
Cut with that BS Vic and keep posting like you did untill now. Your ladies looks fine

Sin

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Vic you are a human being, you.. we have ups and downs, it's ok, take some time away, but don't give up.

Remember we are supposed to draw because we love to do so, because we need to get it out, to feel the relief of creation. If you've lost your urge, then just live life until if and when it returns.

I honestly love your art, and appreciate having known you and your art.

Perfeccia Ars

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Keep posting, it's your thread, and the easiest way improve is to get feedback on work and keep at it.

Because let's face it, you say "when I master my skills more" but we artists are shit at judging our own work, you might end up spending 1, 2 or 3 years thinking that you're still not good enough.

Anako

Reputation score

It is very important to get feedback if you want to improve. Actually negative feedback is a lot more useful. It helps you notice your mistakes and make changes in the way you draw before you make some bad habits.
The only thing is, if you actually want to improve, you should post to some forums where you can find professional critique. But this doesn't mean that you should stop posting here.

chrisroxxx

Cthulhu
Reputation score

It is very important to get feedback if you want to improve. Actually negative feedback is a lot more useful. It helps you notice your mistakes and make changes in the way you draw before you make some bad habits.
The only thing is, if you actually want to improve, you should post to some forums where you can find professional critique. But this doesn't mean that you should stop posting here.
Actually, that's quite a nice idea. Why not drop all your stuff on hentai foundry, that way you might even get critique/advice from artists' you deem better than yourself.

Just my 2 cents, trying to be helpful for once. :)

StickJump

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Damn dude you have a good potential. Keep working and you'll be a really good artist!

OP
Vicissitudo

Vicissitudo

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Cut with that BS Vic and keep posting like you did untill now. Your ladies looks fine
Vic you are a human being, you.. we have ups and downs, it's ok, take some time away, but don't give up.

Remember we are supposed to draw because we love to do so, because we need to get it out, to feel the relief of creation. If you've lost your urge, then just live life until if and when it returns.

I honestly love your art, and appreciate having known you and your art.
Keep posting, it's your thread, and the easiest way improve is to get feedback on work and keep at it.

Because let's face it, you say "when I master my skills more" but we artists are shit at judging our own work, you might end up spending 1, 2 or 3 years thinking that you're still not good enough.
Actually, that's quite a nice idea. Why not drop all your stuff on hentai foundry, that way you might even get critique/advice from artists' you deem better than yourself.

Just my 2 cents, trying to be helpful for once. :)
Like the first one
Damn dude you have a good potential. Keep working and you'll be a really good artist!
Thanks to you all guys, I appreciate your comments!
To make it very short I am sometimes very hard with myself and critic badly every single thing I do (not only related to drawing). I won't stay here explaining why I act in this way since is something quite personal.
Also I would like to say that I extremely appreciate when someone critics my works. Always.
It helps me see things I didn't noticed.
It helps me to grow up and improve my skills.
It helps me to stay grounded and humble since there is always something to learn and even the most unskilled artist on earth can surely teach me something.
The only critic I can't stand is that one which comes from myself. I am sometimes like that, be patient because sooner or later I will fall for it again.

Anyway, to stay on-topic, since someone made me notice this is an hentai forum, I started working on a new sketch!
Actually lately I've watched A LOT of tutorials and tried to practice and improve some aspects I was lacking about. I feel it helped me a bit!
If you have a chance try to search Proko on Youtube, I find all his tutorials very interesting and simple to understand.
It's surely a great help to anyone who is learning to draw but also a good brush up for those who already do! :)

Take care guys and thank you for being kind with me!

Last edited:
OP
Vicissitudo

Vicissitudo

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Very little update. I'm exploring new methods to shade objects.
Now working on hair base shading.

Crawdaddy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I gotta say, I absolutely love your hair texturing/shading. And the structure to it, the way to falls in very natural curves is amazing as well.

And, since you know by now that I like that, I gotta compliment you on the nose. Very cute. ;)

Dragontear

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Unhelpful as it may seem, definitely agreed, quite cute and aesthetically appealing, and can see how much you're improving! ^^

Takes quite some skill to make a semi-realistic looking face, and avoid any sense of 'un-canny valley' too.

OP
Vicissitudo

Vicissitudo

Sex Demon
Reputation score

I gotta say, I absolutely love your hair texturing/shading. And the structure to it, the way to falls in very natural curves is amazing as well.

And, since you know by now that I like that, I gotta compliment you on the nose. Very cute. ;)
Thank you mate! I'm glad I was able to make a progress in that direction.
I still have a lot to work on noses, lips, eyes etc but perhaps these tutorials are helping me! :)

Unhelpful as it may seem, definitely agreed, quite cute and aesthetically appealing, and can see how much you're improving! ^^

Takes quite some skill to make a semi-realistic looking face, and avoid any sense of 'un-canny valley' too.
Thank you Sir, I am glad you appreciate but I have to amend you since, as I said hundred times, there are not unhelpful critics! Thank you for your comment! :)

Also don't be shy to point out anything that may look weird to you!

Here another mid-step. I am trying to place mid tones trying this different shading method.

LustFire

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

I see that you're applying some nice details with body fat. I made some red marks, some of them being personal, stylistic recommendations.

Major issue is the whole arm on the forefront. It's confusing me with the angle / perspective of the whole body. I think in general, your shapes need improvement to match the foreshortening.

Oh, and don't forget about the leg behind. Every little bit in an artwork can count.

Crawdaddy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Well, now that you mention it, I'm skeptical of the rather large thigh gap she's displaying. It's one thing in an upright position, but in a sideways lying position, gravity would probably do a lot to close most of that gap.