What's new

[3D Lotus] Skunk 4.1 #1 サイロスの灯台

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozimandias

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Re: (3D Lotus) Skunk 4.1 #1 サイロスの灯台

Downgrade means it looks worse than before =)

especially their faces
We have an understanding difference here :D

In IT/Computing (my profession) the term "downgrade" has a specific meaning. It means to reduce performance, specifications, costs, features, options, performance and so on. In other words technical rather than visually pleasing.

What you are talking about is more the artistic side of things, and personal taste (totally valid considerations IMO). The operative words I would use here would be "better" or "worse", as they probably have no direct technical impact. Sorry, I am a techie, so I think like one.

@Anon_Ymous:

Two new posts, basically saying it should be available on DMM and DLsite 30th April. I can't wait.

Well, I want something to get my hands on and play with.

I know this guy is pretty unconventional with his project management style, and plays his cards close to his chest, but I wonder where the time testing, bug fixing and optimising was put in.

Or do we take him at face value: "get yourself a $1,000 computer and you can play this game"

Right now, this particular jury is most certainly "out" :eek:

Cheers,

OZ

Sess-

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

We have an understanding difference here :D

In IT/Computing (my profession) the term "downgrade" has a specific meaning. It means to reduce performance, specifications, costs, features, options, performance and so on. In other words technical rather than visually pleasing.

What you are talking about is more the artistic side of things, and personal taste (totally valid considerations IMO). The operative words I would use here would be "better" or "worse", as they probably have no direct technical impact. Sorry, I am a techie, so I think like one.

@Anon_Ymous:

Two new posts, basically saying it should be available on DMM and DLsite 30th April. I can't wait.

Well, I want something to get my hands on and play with.

I know this guy is pretty unconventional with his project management style, and plays his cards close to his chest, but I wonder where the time testing, bug fixing and optimising was put in.

Or do we take him at face value: "get yourself a $1,000 computer and you can play this game"

Right now, this particular jury is most certainly "out" :eek:

Cheers,

OZ
downgrade also applies to visual/graphical side just aswell. still calling their faces a "downgrade" definetly applies to nothing but personal taste instead of a graphical downgrade based on the current pictures.

Ozimandias

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I stand corrected, you can technically downgrade visuals... run them through a pixellation engine, reduce resolution, and number of colours for example?

But this case seems to be purely artistic appreciation?

:)

shrraga

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Sooo... it's up for sale now, and has 6 downloads.

Kirshz

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Sooo... it's up for sale now, and has 6 downloads.
It also has DRM, just like with the last game, I don't recall how quickly the last game was cracked but seems some of us will have to wait.

At least there's a trial up now, so it's something to mess with in the mean time.

Edit:The Trial is also quite large at 794mb.

Edit 2:I can actually run the demo fine on my crappy laptop that's using Intel Integrated Graphics, so the game isn't as demanding as we thought.

Last edited:

Sess-

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

if the protection hasnt changed since the last game, its merely a "protection". it just unpacks the game as hidden files to the same folder as the protected exe and runs those when you play and then deletes them after you quit the game, not much to crack on that, just copy the game files to a different folder while the game is running and unhide them.

now if i just remember how the card game worked, guess i gotta play a bit of the third game first...

Last edited:

Kirshz

Tentacle God
Reputation score

now if i just remember how the card game worked, guess i gotta play a bit of the third game first...
I don't remember if it was in the 3rd game, but from poking the trial of the 4th game, there's now a "help" button that can be clicked on during battles and it shows a bit of a diagram of what cards are strong against which.

Possibly new, but there's now the "read" option which can be selected upon landing a critical hit, it highlights three cards which helps narrow down on predicting what card they'll use next..

TentacleZombie

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Well, shit, bought it, can't play it. Forgot I ran into the same problem with Skunk III where the authenticator keeps telling me I'm using the wrong username/password.

Guess I'm going to have to wait for someone to make those hidden files available as well.

cloudk

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Well, shit, bought it, can't play it. Forgot I ran into the same problem with Skunk III where the authenticator keeps telling me I'm using the wrong username/password.

Guess I'm going to have to wait for someone to make those hidden files available as well.
I had the same problem, redownload the game it will work.

mikshe

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Have you tried to "crack" it by just copying missing files from demo?

Ozimandias

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Well, I finally have a demo to play with!

It will run on a 15.6" laptop with a Pentium B980 2-core processor at 2.4GHz and some dumbed down version of HD2000 onboard/chip graphics. The architecture is Sandy Bridge. It certainly does not seem to need a Core i-x processor, or independent videocard from what I have seen.

By "run" I mean perform just as well as previous versions.

Sess- was right in that the graphics do seem more technically polished than previous versions, even if you don't like the artistic side.

Personally, I couldn't see anything wrong with the faces, as has been mentioned, but I did notice that the humanoid characters seem to have too large (disproportionate) hands :D

Although the engine seems the same as previous versions, there are a lot more features and options that I have yet to figure out.

I will try it on a netbook later on...

Cheers,

OZ

EDIT:

To save hunting around you can get the demo here:

Last edited:

tentakuru

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

It's hilarious how some genuinely thought this game was going to require a beast of a PC to run. I can run the demo on a virtual machine with only two cores and a couple hundred megs of VRAM. :)

The demo is pretty short, you play as a monster, walk around by clicking, interact with a few people to get items (which I don't think you can use yet?) and fight one of the heroines in the same kind of RPS battle we've seen before. If you win, you get a short H scene with the girl. If you walk through the gate, the demo ends.

The models are more detailed than we've seen before, and the H scenes hinted at the end looked really good, so I'm really hopeful this gets cracked and uploaded soon.

Anon_Ymous

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

The demo is pretty short, you play as a monster, walk around by clicking, interact with a few people to get items (which I don't think you can use yet?) and fight one of the heroines in the same kind of RPS battle we've seen before. If you win, you get a short H scene with the girl. If you walk through the gate, the demo ends.
The girl joins you once you beat her, swap characters by clicking on their portraits in the top left. She can use the items you find in chests and she can takl to the random dudes standing around to get some more stuff.

tentakuru

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Odd, I could have sworn after beating her I had empty portraits in the top-left. I'll have to have another go.

Nastynassy

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Cant wait to play it =)

defcab

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

The world area interface is bugged at non-widescreen resolutions, with certain things being placed off the sides of the screen.

At 4:3 you can't access:
- Starting character.
- Camera/settings window. Neither are important.

At 5:4 (e.g. 1280x1024) you can't access:
- The first two characters.
- The inventory screen.

This only affects the story mode interface. Everything else works correctly at 1024x768 and above.
The first character is not required to complete the game, but you need to switch back to him to get a scene.
The second character is required to progress, so the game is basically broken at 5:4.

Workaround for non-widescreen monitors: Change to a widescreen resolution before starting the game. Change it back after the game has started (keeping the width the same) to letterbox it to the correct aspect ratio. This isn't necessary once story mode is complete.

A patch apparently came out today. This probably isn't fixed. Downloading now.

Last edited:

Ozimandias

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

The world area interface is bugged at non-widescreen resolutions
Given the hardware spec, I would say "unsupported" rather than "bugged", as I don't think that any attempt has been made to run it on anything other than an i7 laptop with independent video card.

Already, we have a bugfix, and I have this feeling that there will be several more before we have a stable version. Aspect ratios were not mentioned BTW.

Even in the short demo, I notice that the black monster's legs disappear into rocks, chests and the like... I am not sure what causes that?

I tried it on an eePC netbook, and the video on that certainly wasn't up to it. Lots of lags and the flash player not responding.

Cheers,

OZ

Anon_Ymous

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

if the protection hasnt changed since the last game, its merely a "protection". it just unpacks the game as hidden files to the same folder as the protected exe and runs those when you play and then deletes them after you quit the game, not much to crack on that, just copy the game files to a different folder while the game is running and unhide them.
Seems like some people have the game now. Mind giving this a try? Worst case is it just doesn't work, there's nothing to lose. Then again, not much to gain either, since you can play it already.

Ozimandias

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Seems like some people have the game now. Mind giving this a try? Worst case is it just doesn't work, there's nothing to lose. Then again, not much to gain either, since you can play it already.
There is no point, the DRM is by DLSite and the previous game was released just over 3 years ago.

I recall from a while back that this method no longer works on the current DLSite DRM.

:(

RealNiqqa

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Hmm... So to anyone that bought it? Is it worth it?

Because I am planning to buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.