What's new

RPG [mirrormoon] Utawarerumono

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score
Utawarerumono is a tactical strategy RPG-type game. Think Fire Emblem or Advance Wars. The original game is in full Japanese, but the good folks at Mirror Moon released a translation patch some time ago.

Here is my upload of the game: (edit: Defunct.)
Code:
[url]http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TH39ORUX[/url]
[url]http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Z00QQJE6[/url]
[url]http://www.megaupload.com/?d=L695OJNM[/url]
Thanks go to Ichigo for a new link:

And here is the translation patch web page (just download it from the HTTP link at the top, the patch will do the rest for you):

The game actually has a pretty good storyline from what I recall (this is another game that I haven't played in a while, and just got the ability to upload due to my external HD arriving in the mail). Gameplay is interesting; move units, attack enemy units, click your mouse at the right time in order to do combo attacks. The thing that makes this different from FE or AW is the isometric camera. It didn't really detract from gameplay but I wouldn't say it added all that much either. The thing I really liked about it was the combat system. Instead of just doing one or two attacks whenever you used the attack option, there would be homing circles that would zoom in on the enemy. If you click at the right time, you would extend your character's attack by one hit, and if you had a max vitality bar, the last click would do some sort of super move.

Something I forgot to mention... The H is introduced between levels, in the 'Text and CGI' format of many other games. There's no H in the actual gameplay, which makes Utawarerumono more like a full fledged game with some H instead of the other way around. Oh yeah and there's actually a for the game (it was released as a non-adult game for the PS2) if you need more information/help. In addition there's a mini-game called Utawarriors that's an arcade style isometric beat-em-up type game. I don't have it and I've never played it so can't give much beyond that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Twisted

Mega Ultimate Jungle Girl 2000 Redux Z
Reputation score
Re: Utawarerumono

Actually, YESY/Soylations released the patch....
Unless this is a different one.

Great game, fantastic anime, and I need to watch the OVA...

OP
A

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

I've never heard of YESY or Soylations. Mirror Moon is a fanbase; as far as I know, they released the patch on their own, for no profits. Which is why it's free. Is that the same thing?

@Zerospace: Utawarerumono is a unique enough word that a quick google search will return NOTHING BUT images/web pages relating to the actual game. I suppose you could argue that you could get results based on the anime as well, but... it's simple enough to distinguish between the two.

BurningGold

Lurker
Reputation score

If it's anything like Advance wars then I'm going to love it.

Where does the hentai come in?

Twisted

Reputation score

I've never heard of YESY or Soylations. Mirror Moon is a fanbase; as far as I know, they released the patch on their own, for no profits. Which is why it's free. Is that the same thing?
YESY is a fansub group, they did one of the better subs for Utawarerumono's anime, and Soylations is the subgroup they made for translating the game. I don't know if they're planning on subbing the OVA or not. ><

Rin Umiko

Reputation score

It's a merged project of the two groups, mirror moon and soylations.
Does this one have voice acting?

OP
A

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

@Rin I don't remember. I think so, but I'm not 100% sure. If it doesn't, I am sure that there is a downloadable voice content file somewhere (though this scenario might be for some other game that I'm thinking of).

@Twisted Well I know MM is pretty much dead. If Soylations is involved with MM or is following the same trend, I'd expect not.

If I get some free time today I'll modify the post to give more info.

Last edited:

Twisted

Reputation score

I don't recall there being voice acting. It's been a while since I've played it, though, and I seem to have lost the DVD... ><

Rin Umiko

Reputation score

As it happens, I found a voice patch lying around

Host: megaupload
Size: 990Mb compressed, 1.18Gb uncompressed
Password: vnsharing.net

Be warned, the H-scenes are not voiced since they are omitted in the PS2 version. So, you won't get to hear the girls' moan.

Twisted

Reputation score

I never really saw Utawarerumono as a hentai game, either. There's very little hentai content compared to the immense length of it. The story was very developed as well. It feels like calling it a hentai game would be insulting. >_>

OP
A

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

There, see =P I was right. I knew there was a massively sized voice patch lying around somewhere. Thanks for the link =)

Games Dude

Lurker
Reputation score

I hate to ask a dumb question (especially if it's reviving the thread) but I just need to know.

I know the Playstasion version has no hentai, and the computer version does, but does the original anime series have hentai? :confused:

OP
A

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

pretty sure there's a hentai anime series, not sure if there's one without the h as well.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

I hate to ask a dumb question (especially if it's reviving the thread) but I just need to know.

I know the Playstasion version has no hentai, and the computer version does, but does the original anime series have hentai? :confused:
No. The only anime of it I've seen is a non-hentai one.

Games Dude

Lurker
Reputation score

Thx for the info... I kindof already ordered the box set :) just curious, thanks.

OP
A

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

well oddly enough I can't find the site that gave me my first few nuggets of information for the game (the one that gave me the idea that there was a hentai anime version) and further googling hasn't revealed any evidence of an anime series with any H, so I'd tentatively agree with PA, but still leave room for the possibility of aforementioned series.

Twisted

Reputation score

There is:
The NC-17 PC Game
The PS2 Port w/ Voice
The 24 Episode TV Anime Series
and a 3-Part OVA in the making(Episode 1 is out)
The only one that has hentai in it is the NC-17 PC Game. The PS2 game skips the hentai scenes, the TV Series hints at the sex scenes but doesn't show them, and has non-explicit nudity.
The OVA is seemingly going to skip the scenes as well, but has explicit nudity.

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

Disclaimer: Possible Spoiler Warning in the following technical issues.

x_x

Game crashes a not insubstantial way into the game. Fairly shortly after I've become Ouro. I've tried reinstalling and repatching with no success. Reluctant to try redownloading the whole thing, can anyone think of anything else that can be done?