What's new

ACT Abandoned Legend of kai

Incognito

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Just wondering if theres a new update that I've missed. Though I have found a couple of new sprites here:

in this sprite pack numbers 6/29/43 are the ones of kai.

I know 29 was in the first trial release of Legend of Kai.

Edit by Slicer:
Fairly standard action platformer. The goal is to get to the end of each level while beating any enemies in your way and avoiding traps. This would all hold true except that the dev decided to be a prick (or maybe was just plain bad at making games) and make it so you did almost no damage to anything upon hitting them with an attack, everything's hitboxes for attacking you are insanely large jumping has to be pixel perfect and this thing is just one big steaming pile of abandoned garbage. At the time we wondered why it was abandoned but now looking back I can see why.

Last edited by a moderator:

demongod

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Legend of kai

Just wondering if theres a new update that I've missed. Though I have found a couple of new sprites here:

in this sprite pack numbers 6/29/43 are the ones of kai.

I know 29 was in the first trial release of Legend of Kai.
umm i'm curious do u have links to the download for the actual game

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

No, those have nothing to do with the game. The first two can be seen in Mugen if you have the proper Kuromaru and Ki. The third one is not yet implemented, but it too is supposed to be in Mugen sometime

OP
Incognito

Incognito

Demon Girl
Reputation score

But the 2nd kai image was in the first upload of the kai game.

posted in the old thread by Kakka still works.

OP
Incognito

Incognito

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Maryel you must have amazing eyesight I really cant see the differences sorry

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

It was. But it came from the Plant creature in Mugen that was designed specifically to rape Ki and later adapted into Kuromaru. Or so I think

OP
Incognito

Incognito

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Ah right just seemed like its was for Legend of Kai looking at how long the scene is/well animated.

brachna

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

That tentacle plant creature (Roper) is also one of the enemies in original Quest of Ki. Might be that he was released on sun-aegis long time ago too.

There was no update to this game, since late December 2010 (it was posted on this forum). On May someone asked Dru to respond if he's even alive. He responded, explained that he's busy and might return to game in July. Or so I gathered from machine translation.

By the way, this is not a flash game, it's developed by using Action Game Maker.

zale

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

But the 2nd kai image was in the first upload of the kai game.

posted in the old thread by Kakka still works.
how do you save in that game i keep geting rape and sent back to the start

rydin32

Sex Demon
Reputation score

how do you save in that game i keep geting rape and sent back to the start
That game is what we call "Nintendo-hard". There are no saves. There are no continues. When you die you go back to the beginning!

myr

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

This game makes 0 sense. Whole thing is glitchy looking and i can't even tell what i can and can't stand on. I get the controls but not knowing where i can jump or even being able to see the environment clearly kinda kills this for me...Maybe this is a problem with my comp? I can't imagine I'd be the only one complaining otherwise lol.

Last edited:

rydin32

Sex Demon
Reputation score

This game makes 0 sense. Whole thing is glitchy looking and i can't even tell what i can and can't stand on. I get the controls but not knowing where i can jump or even being able to see the environment clearly kinda kills this for me...Maybe this is a problem with my comp? I can't imagine I'd be the only one complaining otherwise lol.
You're not the first person to complain about that. I scanned through the old thread and it seems like no one found a fix for it.
Perhaps you could try the older version?
(link taken from the original thread)

Original thread: http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showthread.php?t=2484

Last edited:

myr

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Thanks. is there at least a trick to it you might be able to share? lol I've always liked kai since I first saw her in mugen. Had no idea she had a game. Made it to the 3rd...level i guess?...and i have no clue what to do lol

rydin32

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Well if you cant get the game to display properly it is going to be next to impossible to play. The updated game (newest version) starts off with a few tutorial levels before getting into the actual stages (Ive never played the original. It would not work on my computer.) The stages are quite challenging and cannot be completed on a single run through. Once again I recommend checking the original thread as people have posted walkthroughs there.

zale

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

can anyone make a hack ver were it dosent sent you back or anything like that i would be realy happy

Last edited:
OP
Incognito

Incognito

Demon Girl
Reputation score

why its a very easy game once you work out the routes just explore the ways of getting around the enemies

MajorKagami

Tentacle God
Reputation score

supposedly you can use cheat-engine to give your self like 99 lives but Cheat-engine hates me and I can't get it to do so.

brachna

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I take it you are using Windows XP? The game had messy backgrounds for me on XP as well, on Windows 7 it is running like it should. No idea why, perhaps it is the problem of Action Game Maker.

Qwaar

Reputation score

Yeah seriously, does anyone know the address for lives in this game, I'm having a hell of a time with CheatEngine on this. A hacked version would also be loverly.

Crossbow1701

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

mm so downloaded the on on this thread and is there a way to pass the second lvl? I get the key but then nothing. unless its not really a game per-say.