What's new

ACT Patreon Active [Anon42] Crisis Point: Extinction

Aran1265

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Crisis Point: Extinction - Metroidvania H-game - NEW PUBLIC UPDATE! (April 25th)

I dont see why thats an issue at this point. We already have to play through each new version start-finish, at least we would be able to come back to the stage we were at on the current version.
Im no expert but regarding the teleporter system, wouldnt that be simple to make it cross compatible between versions? "Player has unlocked this teleporter = 0/1" ?
This has been explained already in the past by Anon. Here's the quote

The problem with doing it now isn't as much that it would literally not be compatible so much as the development of the game isn't done in a 100% linear fashion. Because of the monthly beta updates, rooms that were previously available might get reworked, or a boss fight will be added to an old room that used to be empty, and the ways that a save system could interfere with the player experience due to that are innumerable. They could end up skipping a brand new boss entirely because their old save is past that point, or they could have an upgrade earlier than they're supposed to (example being the Spread Shot I recently added. It was available at the end of the latest two demos, but you aren't actually supposed to obtain it in-game until a bit later.)

There are certainly things I could do to try and get around it, but it's effort that I could be spending elsewhere in development, which is the main reason I decided on the checkpoint system. It was an easy way to work in a 'save' system that's only applicable to that specific run of the game. I mean, yeah, I could just wipe saves on startup, but I doubt anybody would be any happier about that lol.
Adding teleporters at this point would amount the same as configuring save slots, since certain areas needs specific unlockables to be playable.

Sides, the game takes tops 30 minutes to clear once you know the layout.

Valgo

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Re: Crisis Point: Extinction - Metroidvania H-game - NEW PUBLIC UPDATE! (April 25th)

Good thing there's already thick tentacles in the game then, huh? :p These guys serve a different purpose than just to fuck her though.

@AltairPL - Thanks! :)

@Valgo - Holy shit we are at 50 pages, aren't we? Hot damn. Thanks everybody! I'm so glad this game has been that well received.

To answer your questions, first: There is no walkthrough for the latest public update (currently v.10), but there IS one included in the v.11 release, which, again, is coming out in just 4 days. You can wait for that, or if you'd like I can just PM you a walkthrough of everything in v.10.

Second: There is no save system currently, just checkpoints. I'm still thinking through how to implement a save system, but I want to have some things decided before I go adding it. Plus I'm also concerned about save compatibility between versions of the game, and I don't want to have to worry about bug testing something that diverse. Starting in v.11, though, there's a set of temporary teleporters that can warp you to certain spots in the game (like the Wire Shot room) along with all of the gear you'd need by that point, so it's sort of like pre-made saves. I'll be using those until the game has an official save system.

Hope that answers your questions! Let me know if you have any others!
Thanks man but I'll just be patient then.
By now I found the platform anyway I just didn't made it past the second fly hive because I suck without a controller :D
I'll try it again with one.

Last edited:

Aran1265

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Then I'd suggest using j2k ( ) to convert controller presses into key presses until the game natively takes the controller, you can even save your profiles in there, so set it up once and you're all good :p

Mistix

Lurker
Reputation score

After following this thread ever since the start of the game I have to say that this game is going places!
Keep up the excelent work anon42.
Also about the two face douchebag that thinks he/she can tell game devs or even less farther, the people of these forums how they should run their creations/inovations should remove that stick up that ass of yours and keep it to yourself.
Ever cared to check Fairy Fighting? If you like hardcore shit and if that's going to be your never ending taste, then by all means stay for all eternity on that thread. I'm sure you'll find lots of folks there that will agree with your tastes. However even in fairy fighting, you'll see several of us here also there cheering for the work of eluku, even though his fetiches are quite of the scope for most of us.
So yeah, just to point out that we're not the problem, YOU are!

sorrow4444

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I think this game looks great, cant wait until you finish it so cheers

Sorry for my bad english

OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I dont see why thats an issue at this point. We already have to play through each new version start-finish, at least we would be able to come back to the stage we were at on the current version.
Im no expert but regarding the teleporter system, wouldnt that be simple to make it cross compatible between versions? "Player has unlocked this teleporter = 0/1" ?
The quote Aran1265 posted pretty much sums it up. If I were to implement a rudimentary save system right now, it would basically be pointless towards the game's development, because it would have nothing to do with the final version of the save system - it would be something that couldn't cause me any issues with compatibility between versions, much like the "teleporter unlocked = 0/1" thing you mentioned. It would work fine, but it would be removed entirely and replaced later on, so there's not much of a purpose to it. Thus, teleporters were born!

@Valgo - Good news then, because v.11 has inherent Gamepad support! My customizable controls system had a horrible bug in it that prevented it from working between versions, so you'll have to re-customize them when v.12 comes out, but other than that they work great. The only caveat is that you can't customize the analog sticks, the left one will always be tied to movement. You can put movement on the dpad as well, though.

@Mistix and sorrow4444 - Thank you both! I'm glad you enjoyed the game :) (And sorrow, no worries, your english is just fine!)

Now that the replies are done, it's time for the exciting part: The v.11 public release!

For those of you who wanted a walkthrough, make sure you check the download - there's a .txt file in there explaining the quickest path through the whole game so far!

UPDATE v.11 CHANGES
-Implement Gamepad controls
-Add in 'teleporters' to skip past old content (go left from starting point!)
-New enemy (breast expanders) - with Warped Soldier, Tentacle, and Insect animation variants
-Introduce new area
-Create more content (areas)
-Fix more minor issues

As always, minor issues will be listed at the bottom of this post. v.11 was primarily focused on animation work. There was a lot of animation to do for the new enemy, and I'm still missing their modified Slime scene, but hopefully you'll agree they were worth the effort! For right now, the Breast Expansion state will end after a sex scene or a specific amount of time, but in the future there will be a specific animation for when it ends that involves Alicia lactating out the liquid that's making her breasts bigger. (For those who don't like lactation, don't worry - there will be an option to turn it off! Her breasts will just shrink with that option off.)

Now then, on to v.12!

UPDATE v.12 GOALS
-Add in Water functionality
-Finish 2nd boss fight
-Add new enemy
-Update Map system to allow for bigger map
-Finish misc Breast Expansion animations
-Create more content (areas)
-Fix more minor issues

v.12 will be primarily focused on the 2nd boss fight and creating new rooms in the new area. Unfortunately there aren't too many new rooms in v.11 - largely because Water is a very important element of it, and it's not in the game yet - so I'll be focused on making sure there's a lot of stuff to explore. For those of you who are wondering, because the Breast Expanders now exist in the game, I'll do my best to make sure every new enemy has both their normal AND BE animations done when they are released. I can't guarantee this will happen (especially in the event of enemies that have unique BE scenes, rather than just an edit of their normal scene), but I'll do my best to make sure it happens. I don't think it will happen with the new enemy in this update, though. This is going to be a busy month.

As always, thank you so much to all of you for the support and feedback! I hope you enjoy v.11!
-A42

Minor Issues for v.11
-Make Flies wait to spawn until nest is onscreen
-Add animation for cumshooter shooting cum
-Force Shot explosion can now pierce through enemies
-Well-timed kicks will now shove flies back
-Powerup icons added to map screen
-First boss will now change color when health is low
-Alicia's "hurt" voice effects no longer overlap
-Being KO'd while grabbed by a Latcher, but breaking free, no longer causes mobility glitch
-Improved color of Alicia's mouth during H-scenes
-Very slightly lowered Warped Soldier damage (4 per bullet instead of 5)
-Added more checkpoints in the Summit
-Spread shot doors added
-Fly nests now have a chance of dropping pickups, just like normal enemies

Last edited:

Valgo

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Re: Crisis Point: Extinction - Metroidvania H-game - NEW PUBLIC UPDATE! (May 25th)

Had fun with this update. I just wish the new 'enemy' would do something else with the character instead. Not a huge fan of unnaturally large breasts.

The hangin animation is pretty hot though. :D

Aran1265

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

The quote Aran1265 posted pretty much sums it up,
o.o...

But seriously, keep going at it, the game really is showing a lot of potential!

Also don't do like kyrieru and burn yourself off :p, nothing wrong with taking your time!

(Please don't hurt me Kyrieru, I love you)

Really enjoyed the new zone and the fact that talking to the NPC multiple times can give multiple answers. Also fancy door is indeed fancy.

I also noticed if you get grabbed by a monster right after getting breast-enbigenned (Yay english), you won't be taking damage during the H scene. Nothing catastrophic, but pointing it out gives me a warm fuzzy feeling, go figure :x.

Last edited:

Slam Sector

Sex Demon
Reputation score
Re: Crisis Point: Extinction - Metroidvania H-game - NEW PUBLIC UPDATE! (May 25th)

There's an error with the gamepad control setup - whatever I set to be subweapon switch does nothing, while down (crouch) does both. Just a heads up.

Also, neither the default thumbstick movement (nicely done, on that, by the way, the deadzone is just fine) nor the assignable directional buttons can move the map cursor, although WASD still do.

Last edited:

Jesus

The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Great update. Huge tits arent my thing but i really like how it works in the game. maybe there could be a certain enemy that does more damage if theyre enlarged. i would say it would fit well with the limpets but they are "environmental' in the same way
I also noticed if you get grabbed by a monster right after getting breast-enbigenned (Yay english), you won't be taking damage during the H scene. Nothing catastrophic, but pointing it out gives me a warm fuzzy feeling, go figure :x.
enbigened lol. yeah i noticed this too, you also cant struggle free from the breast-enbigener (that is what its called now) or whatever enemy grabs you after.

Stranger

Lurker
Reputation score

am I the only one who cant find any of the breast expanders? and I am playing the v11 because I downloaded it directly from the post, it has the teleporters etc. where are those guys???

edit: found them

Last edited:

Jesus

The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

am I the only one who cant find any of the breast expanders? and I am playing the v11 because I downloaded it directly from the post, it has the teleporters etc. where are those guys???
*enbigeners :p

from "CPE v.11 Walkthrough.txt"

"-Head down from the Spread Shot. It will bring you to a large, open room. Jump off the ledge you're on, and immediately go left. Jump through the thin platform below you.
-Use the Wire Shot on the block on the bottom right; this will pull it away, allowing you to enter the room to the right. You will find yourself back in the Overworld.
-Head down to the very bottom of this room, and enter the door on the left. In this room, go up and destroy the cracked wall on the left. Continue going left as far as you can, entering the door on the bottom left in x11, y20.
-Go through this room and enter the door on the bottom right. Jump over the small gap, and grab the Force Shot upgrade here if you wish before dropping down.
-On your left is the 3-button door. Use the Spread Shot upgrade to hit all 3 buttons at once, which will open the door and allow you to enter the new area."

sorrow4444

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Jajajajaja thanks for the english complain

MOCKBA LWR

Reputation score

Yay, I'm satisfied with this game. About "checkpoint", it works well and logic. I believe unfinished graphics and animation. A soon to complete. Look. I have an idea, you have to do three types: Alicia dressed, half-naked and naked. Take care how you dress for logic between the sexual scene. Can you know.

I'm adorable in jungle area. :D

Well, I'm curious. I asked, you can borrow a protagonist of Alicia between animate? I helped to do done with graphics, you'll work in less time.
What do you think about this?

Respect.

"I'm sorry for my bad english" ...Afresh.:(

RedAmbition

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Loving the game so far! its really coming along well, keep it up! I am interested to see how it develops. Love the new update, especially the expanders, interesting approach to that. not what I had envisioned at all. Theres alot of potential here, have you considered making multiple stages of breast expansion or are you going to just stick with what you got? Also the wasps are excellent! love the bulge at the end. Not sure if you're into it but you could easily throw egg laying in the mix as the animation already looks like oviposition. Will you add mutliple wasps at once? would be interesting. I have this idea and maybe its just me but I think it would be hot to see our lovely heroine with enlarge breasts being taken on all fours from a wasp behind while 2 more arrive and begin pumping her enlarged nipples. Can't wait to see what else you do with this game. Thank you.

Valgo

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Look. I have an idea, you have to do three types: Alicia dressed, half-naked and naked. Take care how you dress for logic between the sexual scene. Can you know.
Now that is an idea I like.

OP
Anon42

Anon42

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I have an idea, you have to do three types: Alicia dressed, half-naked and naked. Take care how you dress for logic between the sexual scene.
Now that is an idea I like.
Sorry guys.. That is most definitely not happening. For every new state of clothing I add, I need an ENTIRELY new set of animations for everything, and it takes a boatload of time to get it all done. It's already a huge hassle with just the half-nude set, and adding unique animations for each clothing in the H-scenes as well is just... bluh. If I tried to do that I would be stuck at a standstill in development for a while just trying to get it all caught up, and I really don't want to do that.

@RedAmbition - Definitely not gonna have multiple stages of breast expansion. As it is, every enemy will already have an altered (or entirely new) scene when in breast expansion state, adding yet another stage of it would be the same as adding in a fully nude state like the guys above were talking about. As for the wasps, they WILL have egg laying, I just haven't added it in yet (there will be an option to turn this off, for those of you who don't like it). I'm considering multiple wasps, but I haven't finished deciding yet. It's certainly possible though.

@MOCKBA LWR - Thanks for the offer, but I'm not interested in bringing on more people to work on this game. I'm glad you like the game enough to want to contribute, though!

@Jesus - Not being able to break out of H-scenes while in BE state is very much intentional. If you'll notice, Alicia blushes in every scene and has a more.. pleasured.. look about her face when her breasts are expanded. In other words, she fuckin' wants it - there's a plot reason for it and everything :p

@Slam Sector - Thanks for the heads up. The first one is something I actually only discovered a few days ago, and I've already fixed that - the second one I didn't even know about, though. It only took a moment to fix, so thanks!

@Aran1265 - How could I not notice someone so sexy? ;D For real, though, thank you! Burnout is definitely a very real thing, and I have been feeling a bit of it, which is probably why I'm behind on this update - but I have a responsibility to this game and the people that are supporting me. As much as I'd love to take it slow sometimes, my wallet can't afford it, and I really don't want to disappoint anyone. Thanks for the well-wishes, I'll be just fine!
(Also, you're never supposed to take damage in H-scenes unless you start struggling, which you can't do while in BE state. So yeah.)

HentaiWriter

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I think people get confused/don't know the difference between pixel art, flash animation, and 3D stuff a lot :p

I get a lot of similar requests to have different outfits for my game, and yeah, like yours, it's hand-drawn, so adding in even just one new outfit or a change to it = redoing every animation in the game, by hand.

Now, conversely, 3D graphics-based games can allow multiple outfits because in those games, animation is done through rigging/skeletons, and so a person can make art for a character in their 3D graphics program, then give them a "skeleton", and animate them however they want this way.

Then, the clothing/physics on the character will match the character's movements, and so adding in another outfit just needs you to sculpt another outfit and then attach it to the character, so to speak. This means you can have new outfits without having to redo any animations.

And then you've got the in-between, Flash animation, where the art is hand-drawn, but it's got a skeleton/rigging in it, so again, you can just draw a new outfit on top of the girl and have the same animation sequences, and boom, you're done.

Now, the con to 3D graphics is that you have to "sculpt" the character, which is an incredibly time-consuming process compared to hand-drawing one frame, so it's basically a lot of work at the start of making a character compared to less work later on.

Flash is in the middle; people sometimes enjoy hand-animated art over the sometimes un-realistic looking Flash animation, etc.

But basically, yeah, for games like Crisis Point, since it's all hand-animated, they can't just drop in another outfit without a boatload of new work. :p

Valgo

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Sorry guys.. That is most definitely not happening. For every new state of clothing I add, I need an ENTIRELY new set of animations for everything, and it takes a boatload of time to get it all done. It's already a huge hassle with just the half-nude set, and adding unique animations for each clothing in the H-scenes as well is just... bluh. If I tried to do that I would be stuck at a standstill in development for a while just trying to get it all caught up, and I really don't want to do that.
Oh I am well aware. I was just pointing out that I'd like it, not that you should put it into the game. There are nice things and then there are nice things that aren't worth the effort.

mayaktheunholy

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Now, conversely, 3D graphics-based games can allow multiple outfits because in those games, animation is done through rigging/skeletons, and so a person can make art for a character in their 3D graphics program, then give them a "skeleton", and animate them however they want this way.

Then, the clothing/physics on the character will match the character's movements, and so adding in another outfit just needs you to sculpt another outfit and then attach it to the character, so to speak. This means you can have new outfits without having to redo any animations.
Only if you are using a full 3d engine. Those of us "3d guys" who use pre-rendered sprites like what HoTB and my work use are pretty much in the same boat as 2d artists. While in some cases you "only" have to add clothes (which is still time consuming as you said) and re-render, you are still bloating the file size (larger sprites to begin with and we usually use more frames), and obviously you have to wait that much longer for the extra animations to render. Don't really think we come out ahead. Not arguing or anything, just pointing it out.

As for the game, I have been watching this for a while and played an earlier demo. I just wanted to say, it is developing nicely, I can see a lot was added since that early version. If I could I would join the Patreon campaign.

Couple of bugs I noticed:
The controller I am using is not recognized at all. It is a generic (as in not Sony) Playstation style USB controller. Not a big deal, I am used to using Joy2key, just wanted to let you know.

After watching the game over scene for the first boss, I went back to actually fight it and this happened:
FATAL ERROR in
action number 1
of Other Event: Room Start
for object objBoss1_Block:

Unable to find any instance for object index '121819'
at gml_Object_objBoss1_Block_Other_4

(sorry if these are known issues, don't have time to read the whole thread and I didn't see either of these since the update)
Didn't play all the way through, will let you know if I find anything else. Keep up the good work, look forward to more.