What's new

Re: Aylia's Story - English H-Game Goodness!

Yeah, I can see things that make Bogwort a fun character, like humor and irony, sort of getting lost there.

But seriously though, considering how much everyone else likes the character I feel you're very likely heavily outvoted on that matter.

I like Bogwort quite a bit from what I've seen, but maybe I'd agree with the choice thing. I think it would be funny if the goblin got a great spectator's seat to most of the action and were responsible for all sorts of situations happening to Aylia, but never actually was able to do the deed himself. Depending on your choices of course, he should get some action somewhere down the line.

I like Bogwort quite a bit from what I've seen, but maybe I'd agree with the choice thing. I think it would be funny if the goblin got a great spectator's seat to most of the action and were responsible for all sorts of situations happening to Aylia, but never actually was able to do the deed himself. Depending on your choices of course, he should get some action somewhere down the line.

lets hope Yummy was thinking the same way.

Sry I I didn´t spelled right what I wanted to say . . . :eek:

What I wanted to say is: I am not very found of Bogwort "as a Lover" if you understand = /

He might be damn funny and somehow even a little bit Kawaii . . .

But in my opinion he wouldn´t be a very good couple with Ay-Chan = /

Just my opinion :D

But in my opinion he wouldn´t be a very good couple with Ay-Chan = /

Considering them both being from different species, who of them - Bogwort or Aylia is making zoophilia during sexual intercourse?

Zoophilia? = o :confused:

I presume he means bestiality.

And if goblins are a "human animal", let's say Homo Viridipaulobastardis scientifically, then that would be a no, it is not.

Or even if humans and goblins were biologically unrelated, he's a person not an animal.

Nothing to do with bestiality.
It's called interracial, since both Aylia and Bogwort belongs to the species, that are able to think, speak, learn, have a society and shit like that.
You could switch that to the simple "monster", which is actually pretty close to bestiality, since Bogwort is a goblin. Same goes to orcs and other similar mainstream "master" races.
I really hope there will be no orcs in the game, otherwise I want Aylia able to equip bolter.
Edit.
Still, to call something a monster, you need it to act like a monster. Say, minotaur -- a simple-minded creature, who's life is dominated by basic needs and goes no further, since it lacks of intellect. That would a be proper "monster", that is very close to the bestiality. As for previous line about Bogwort being a goblin, it's less "monster" and more interracial, because he has high intelligence compared to example above.

Last edited:

Yes, in our real human world it's not easy to estimate fantasy creatures.

I personally wouldn't classify such a relationship as bestiality even if they are different species, since they are both reasoning and conscious individuals who can think and speak about consent and whatnot.

Bestiality is only if there is actualy "a bies" in other words a being not able to use it´s brain in the extengt the Humans are able the (This includes other "thinking" beings like Elves, Orks and Felynes)

But I don´t agree with the Minotaur part = o

What if there is a Minotaur Girl (just a Girl with Cow ears, horns, hooves and a cute Cow-Tail) that can think (more or less . . . probably less . . . ) as much and effective as Ayla herself?

I think it depends on us, on how WE make 'em
A good example is the Manga "Monster Musume" Where even a Lamia, a harpie, a centaur and Spider-Woman live together with a guy in a house because of an culture Exchange :D (They mostly cause the poor guy more trouble than he deserves but still)

If I want to make a Story with a Lamia as protagonist what would stop me doing it? I could even make this Lamia a serpent-Scientist :p

Sooo, would a Lamia Scientist still be a "brainless nonthinking beast" ?

actually where stops the part "animal" and where begins the part "Monster"?

When a Girl has the body of a Snake the waist down? Or when a Human being stops acting like a human? What factor makes a beast actually a "beast"? The appearence or the way of acting and thinking?

Since all these creatures where just inventions and creations of the human mind does they really have any restrictions to rules and mater? Aren´t they rather more just restricted to our mind? ;)

I always loved Fictional beings that we normally call "Monster" or "Demon" I am currently even writting a story about a world where they coexist with the humans . . . although there are quite often conflicts between the races . . . but guess who are the "true" ones responsible for the conflict between Human and Monsters:

If we think of the Monsters just like another Race like Elves are, then aren´t we foolish Humans the ones that provoke the conflict?

The poor MOnsters just want to live in peace . . . :(

But then there come some Religious people and say: Look at these! These are not Human! So it is bad! Let´s kill all non human beings because only the humans are holy beings . . .

Humans always has been like that . . . anyone remembers how rasistical everyone was (and still are a lot) against african who ARE in facts just Human :D

So with beings that not even look exactly like human . . . it´s way easier to reject them just because they are not "human" but everyone that watched "Akame Ga Kill" Knows that even the "Human" can be "inhuman" :p

sry if I got it a little bit to long . . . It´s just an very interesting matter that I always liked to Imagine :eek::rolleyes::)

Response to El Fuerte.
Be warned, that spoiler contents wild theories, wet dreams and in short idiot's(me) babbling.
But I don´t agree with the Minotaur part = o

What if there is a Minotaur Girl (just a Girl with Cow ears, horns, hooves and a cute Cow-Tail) that can think (more or less . . . probably less . . . ) as much and effective as Ayla herself?

Okay, dude... First of all it's a cow girl, half human and half cow with human side dominating, which means, that she belongs to thinking species. Yeah, there can be a racism towards cow girls, because they have horns'n'hooves, but they're basically humans.
If you're are talking about consequence of a human breeding with minotaur and having a baby... Then it's depends on which side is dominating.
You can be stupid as a brick, look like a minotaur yet able to think, speak, count to four and understand simple sentences and that already makes you non-animal creature, so it leaves you with monster and subhuman. Why subhuman? Because, obviously, humans are dominating and any creatures lives by human rules.

I think it depends on us, on how WE make 'em
A good example is the Manga "Monster Musume" Where even a Lamia, a harpie, a centaur and Spider-Woman live together with a guy in a house because of an culture Exchange :D (They mostly cause the poor guy more trouble than he deserves but still)
Same shit... They're half humans, at least from what I've seen in hentai, related to Monster Musume.

Sooo, would a Lamia Scientist still be a "brainless nonthinking beast" ?
It's still heavily depends on it's behavior and features.
Let's take Lamia as an example.
1. Lamia Scientist, with intellect and human side dominating.
He/she is a scientist, which means, that there is a whole society of either Lamias, or she lives and works in human world. You can't consider her as an animal, because she is a part of a certain society.
2. A wild Lamia, with basic needs and animal part dominating.
That's either animal or a monster. Again(!), it's heavily depends on it's behavior. If say... That wild Lamia think, knows/can learn how to talk, but still being dominated by natural instincts and can't be changed, you call it a monster.
If it's creature, that cannot do anything to think, communicate, create, sees human as a potential food or/and danger, you call it an animal.
It's quite tricky and you can talk about all day and will have many different theories.

actually where stops the part "animal" and where begins the part "Monster"?

When a Girl has the body of a Snake the waist down? Or when a Human being stops acting like a human? What factor makes a beast actually a "beast"? The appearence or the way of acting and thinking?

It can be both of the above, actually. But the first have a certain exceptions.
If Lamia is a part of human world, it communicates with humans, lives near/together, has rights and other human privileges, you can only call it an animal because of it's animal part, which would a racism towards Lamia, an insult or something like that.
Yet, still, the most powerful trait, that allows you to draw a line between human, monster and the beast is humanity, since these creatures are made in human mind. I think: it has something I do in it, some thing in us are alike, which means I can trust them to the certain level. Of course the look of the creature might scare you, for example, if you see a real Wookie, you probably will try to stay away from it, maybe observe from the distance and try figure out if there is a way to communicate.
Since all these creatures where just inventions and creations of the human mind does they really have any restrictions to rules and mater? Aren´t they rather more just restricted to our mind? ;)

Humans are used to live with rules, laws, restrictions and shit like that, so, yeah, creatures in their mind are restricted by many things.

But then there come some Religious people and say: Look at these! These are not Human! So it is bad! Let´s kill all non human beings because only the humans are holy beings . . .

I sense a grim dark future of the Warhammer 40k.
No idea why would you bring religion in here, but, meh, whatever suits you.

Humans always has been like that . . . anyone remembers how rasistical everyone was (and still are a lot) against african who ARE in facts just Human :D

Still am.

So with beings that not even look exactly like human . . . it´s way easier to reject them just because they are not "human" but everyone that watched "Akame Ga Kill" Knows that even the "Human" can be "inhuman" :p

You don't need to watch anime to know that. Enough to just turn on the news.

sry if I got it a little bit to long . . . It´s just an very interesting matter that I always liked to Imagine :eek::rolleyes::)

Use spoiler next time.

Some people are definitely more sensitive to beasties than others to the point where even meta-human types are considered off limits. Ever read the spin on the Frog trying to coerce a Princess to kiss it so it can turn into a prince? Only that never actually happens and the Frog is just a perv?

Food for thought on beastiality.
A kiss is a mild sexual action but the story of the princess kissing the frog is a fairytale that is often considered appropriate for children. Of course, in our minds the frog isn't a frog but a prince that is cursed. Still, the act of kissing a frog is certainly still somewhat on the darker side especially given the fairytale is for younger consumers. Is there a subtle message here? It is not only that she does kiss the frog but she does so on her own accord (except for the versions where she does it accidentally I suppose.)

Now consider some of the other classic tales. Beauty & The Beast? The Little Mermaid? Or a bit newer, Shrek?
Often we see love between two others, even cross species and if it isn't explicit straight away then it is acceptable. But when you think about it, the behind the scenes stuff for babies has to happen and we just sweep it under the rug and not worry about it. However if you were to take note then yes, sex happened or will likely happen.

Often it is just a matter of where you draw the line and what you find too far out of your comfort zone. Mass Effect lets you have sex with aliens for instance. In the Witcher series Geralt can have sex with non-humans as well. Beastiality is in all sorts of media to varying degrees.

Some people are definitely more sensitive to beasties than others to the point where even meta-human types are considered off limits. Ever read the spin on the Frog trying to coerce a Princess to kiss it so it can turn into a prince? Only that never actually happens and the Frog is just a perv?

A kiss is a mild sexual action but the story of the princess kissing the frog is a fairytale that is often considered appropriate for children. Of course, in our minds the frog isn't a frog but a prince that is cursed. Still, the act of kissing a frog is certainly still somewhat on the darker side especially given the fairytale is for younger consumers. Is there a subtle message here? It is not only that she does kiss the frog but she does so on her own accord (except for the versions where she does it accidentally I suppose.)

Now consider some of the other classic tales. Beauty & The Beast? The Little Mermaid? Or a bit newer, Shrek?
Often we see love between two others, even cross species and if it isn't explicit straight away then it is acceptable. But when you think about it, the behind the scenes stuff for babies has to happen and we just sweep it under the rug and not worry about it. However if you were to take note then yes, sex happened or will likely happen.

Often it is just a matter of where you draw the line and what you find too far out of your comfort zone. Mass Effect lets you have sex with aliens for instance. In the Witcher series Geralt can have sex with non-humans as well. Beastiality is in all sorts of media to varying degrees.

Actually bestiality means act with mindless animal/beast, however furry is another story, so if someone encounters mindless mutant dog = beastly, if someone encounters dog who speaks and thinks = furry
more about what is considered beastly and whats not http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showthread.php?t=26043

Last edited:

A kiss is by no means a mild sexual action, unless you're talking about a kiss on the genitals or some such. Sex is, by the most basic standards, any interaction involving genitals. Touching a woman's breasts is technically not a sexual interaction (it's often part of sex, obviously, but the act itself is not strictly sexual) and a baby suckling its mother isn't having sexual relations with her. A kiss, obviously, even less so.

Bestiality then can be condemned for several reasons, but it ultimately boils down to having intimate interactions with something lacking intelligence (including consent) and (arguably) personal hygiene. Much like other fetishes like scat, watersports and even to a lesser degree anal sex it's often seen as interaction with something inherently disgusting, and humans typically dislike being confronted with things they consider disgusting.

Fairy tales like the Princess and the frog or Beauty and the beast are as they are because it challenges those sentiments, the actions of the princess and beauty are seen as 'pure' because they act selflessly and emphatically toward others regardless of appearances (the frog, and the beast both don't have the issue of lacking intelligence, which helps) the fact that they are animals rather than ugly humans is a trick because we tend to find animals more beautiful than hideous humans (for example most people won't find other mammals to be visually disgusting, while a wart covered human would be)

As for Shrek, he's honestly just a green human with funny ears, there's an edit to the film where they made Shrek look like a human and there's little difference, just that inquiries have shown that people find the human Shrek a lot more revolting in his normal actions (burping and farting etc.)

As for furries, most people will see them either as people or as animals, and the fetish is generally considered on the same level as bestiality (the genitals are often animalistic, which doesn't help) as people don't see them as animalized humans but humanized animals, due to the sheer number of animal traits often exceeding the human ones. The further implications of body horror ("it's not meant to look like that") doesn't really help with acceptance either.

On a more lighthearted note, if all else fails just use the duck test, works with everything. If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and talks like a duck then for all intents and purposes it's a duck. Two out of three is where you can safely draw the line (it talks like a person, walks like a person but doesn't look like a person means people will often still closely associate it with a person, though need less of an excuse for negative association) Works with the classic 1000 year old loli vampire as well, it's much easier to overlook the body size when the person inside at least acts the part (though in fiction it rarely does... why even bother? -_-)

Actually bestiality means act with mindless animal/beast, however furry is another story, so if someone encounters mindless mutant dog = beastly, if someone encounters dog who speaks and thinks = furry

Not entirely accurate, furries are anthropomorphic humans (peter rabbit being the classic example). A talking dog is still straight up bestiality, though it's an arguably more acceptable version since were not talking about fucking something without intelligence (and thus no consent) To go back to the earlier example of Beauty and the beast, the beast is clearly a furry (he has mostly human traits, limbs, stands upright etc.) while the frog from Princess and the frog is 'bestiality' assuming the Princess kisses it on the naughty bits.

Last edited:

This debate comes up at my tabletop games from time to time. Usually, there's somebody that asks "hey, is it cannibalism if I eat so-and-so when they die?"

Never fails to derail the game for twenty minutes while people haul out dictionaries and throw definitions at each other.

Psst, please, do not derail the thread.

No debat need because aylia is not human.

Wait what??? Is she an Elve? = o

Are you serious? Damn, brother... did you even read the prologue? I'm truly not sure how you would not know she is an Eliandre (elf)... :p

@Capid: Welcome to the Aylia's Story thread, where in lieu of the lack of released updates by the lazy ass developer, the discussion hits every tangent possible. Honestly, if I can drag things out for another year, I may be able to usurp the throne from the Dungeons & Prisoners thread in terms of the most off topic thread in the ULMF H-game section :D

@ments: That has always been my interpretation of "bestiality" as well. The beast is mindless (in terms of rationale thought). That's also why I believe laws were created against bestiality, was because it was seen as a form of "rape," as an animal could never consent. In Aylia's Story, anything that performs true sexual actions against Aylia or her rivals is classified a "humanoid" in my lore. Munchkins, while little bastards, are still humanoid in appearance and possess rationale thought. Things like slime monsters, rock beasts, etc. all possess rationale thought and take a somewhat humanoid appearance.

Perhaps this would still apply to some people's interpretation of bestiality, but not by mine. I definitely have no worries about Bogwort engaging in sex, as he is a goblin that is very human-like in appearance, and no one could argue he doesn't possess rationale thought. Hell, if anyone is raping anyone, it'd be Bogwort > Aylia, he's the perverted bastard... but, he's more of a trickster. He'd rather connive his way into Aylia's panties than force her.

Since I'm posting, might as well put in an update. Was glad to see someone copy the progress chart. I'll be updating it next week with my progress (after I release Hunter's Quest). I am moving along in the game. It's frightening that it is already JULY THIRTEENTH, fuck me, where does time go... but, we'll see if I can't get chapter 1 out the door soon(ish). My hope is that the progress chart showed just how much work I've put into this sucker, and alleviated some of the fear that I'm just putzing around doing nothing... well, maybe some days... I read this thread almost every day, so keep up the discussions, I love reading them!

Back