What's new

Yumina the Ethereal

Reputation score
Re: Yumina the Ethereal

THE QUEST IS A LIE. I went to Floor 15 five times and killed everything in sight. Dull Gryphon was a no-show.
Around the 15th level =/= only on the 15th level. I don't remember which floor I specifically found it on, but look for a blue distortion from floors 10-20.

ShinVeritas

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Whenever you accept a quest, the game will tell you if you are on a floor that has monsters/items/etc pertaining to your quest. The exception is the "kill x generic monsters" quests.

EDIT: Ethereal Power is an all-purpose stat that raises that character's overall combat ability. More Ethereal Power = more damage dealt, less damage taken. I am also led to believe that Ethereal Power is the "best" stat since the Ethereal weapon evolutions are by far the most obscure weapon evolutions to obtain and nothing else in the game seems to boost it.

Last edited:

Runesave

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I handled that quest around floor 17, a big blue GRYPHON ON THIS FLOOR notice showed up the second I entered. Thanks for clarifying the Ethereal Power thing, I'll start using Yumina's ability points on it.

Why is the game punishing me for winning the student council? I had to slog through the dungeons and memorize AI patterns to scheme perfect 55-67 ults on bosses! Then they ship me off to space with tons of robot science shit and everybody is cool with this. WHY? ALL I WANT IS TO FLIRT WITH THE MIKO TWINS AND EX-PRESIDENT. SEND ME BACK PLEASE.

Sable

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Using Glint of the Dark (kirara) in the battle against de miko sisters crashes the game too... happened several times until I noticed that was the cause

ShinVeritas

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Hey peoples, I'm back. And guess what I brought with me?

Translated straight from the JP wiki, here are Ethereal Weapon Evolution ability requirements for Akashima Ayumu. There are a total of six stages of evolution for each character's weapon, and to get a certain stage, you need all the skills at that stage. For example, Ethereal Stage 5 of Ayumu's weapon (Shadow Lightning of Nirvana) requires:
Vivid Feelings LV7
Wedge of Forgetfulness LV7
Indomitable Spirit LV8
Divine Blade LV7
All Resistance abilities (Infernal, Nature, Blizzard, Dark) LV7
Steadfastness LV6
Flash Step LV6
Unfettered Will LV7

Akashima Ayumu
Vivid Feelings LV3, 3, 3, 5, 7, 9
Wedge of Forgetfulness LV1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 9
Indomitable Spirit LV2, 2, 3, 6, 8, 10
Divine Blade LV1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 9
All Resistances LV3, 3, 3, 5, 7, 9
Steadfastness LV2, 2, 3, 5, 6, 8
Flash Step LV1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 8
Unfettered Will LV1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 9

I'm working on an Excel spreadsheet for all the weapon evolutions including the other three branches besides Ethereal (Attack, Defense, and Balanced). Expect that to be done... at some point. If an English wiki pops up somewhere I'll throw it on there instead.

Last edited:

nyczlazyazn

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Some quests are real pieces of shit to finish. Specifically 7 chimeras. Fucking things never show up. Should have made any trash mob kill quest blue like everything else.

Runesave

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Stuck at floor 3 of tower dungeon, apparently the floor has a portion to bottom right that is inaccessible. Ran around the edges multiple times to no avail, might be that using a glass screws the dungeon over...

lv21 party, doing Phantasmal Golem quest and Distortion Dwellers quest. I have truesight glass' 'Disabling Disguise' buff on. Crudely edited image attached

EDIT: Skipping back to an old save, then completing Distortion Dwellers first before entering tower seems to fix the problem? Didn't get the same bugged floor this time.

Attachments

Last edited:

Nekohunter

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Does this game have new game + that carry forward your previous stats? I hate to rework again or need multiple safe file to unlock all the CGs....

nyczlazyazn

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Also, be wary of opening treasure if you're too far down without saving. I was on the 20th floor of path of cracks and opening a treasure box errored the game out.

ShinVeritas

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

There is indeed a New Game+ feature, but it's not what you would expect. You carry over everything, and can breeze through the game on Normal as many times as you want.

However, you cannot fully clear the game without advancing the difficulty to Hard, and then Super Hard. While you can do NG+ on Normal, it is not recommended to do so only for the sake of clearing routes. Doing NG+ on higher difficulties effectively turns it into a new playthrough, except you happen to have more skills available in the beginning.

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

For those experiences crashes using Glint in the Dark on the Shrine Maiden fight, JastUSA released a patch addressing that recently:

They also released another patch which adds English Subs to the epilogue video.

JonkoSlunko

Demon Girl
Reputation score

downloaded all 16 parts of this game but no matter what I try I keep getting the "the same volume can't be used as both the source and destination" error, anyone know exactly how to fix this?

TitanAnteus

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Is it OK if I skip the 18+ scenes will I miss anything?

OP
G

Grandork

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

So, it seems that Audience Change does not work on gear?

darklink1011

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Is there a crafting system in the game? Or can I go ahead and sell the material labeled items.

2Din3D

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

no, there's no crafting system

AFAIK, some of the materials are used for quest, other than that you can sell it.

CMIIW

2Din3D

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hey peoples, I'm back. And guess what I brought with me?

Translated straight from the JP wiki, here are Ethereal Weapon Evolution ability requirements for Akashima Ayumu. There are a total of six stages of evolution for each character's weapon, and to get a certain stage, you need all the skills at that stage. For example, Ethereal Stage 5 of Ayumu's weapon (Shadow Lightning of Nirvana) requires:
Vivid Feelings LV7
Wedge of Forgetfulness LV7
Indomitable Spirit LV8
Divine Blade LV7
All Resistance abilities (Infernal, Nature, Blizzard, Dark) LV7
Steadfastness LV6
Flash Step LV6
Unfettered Will LV7

Akashima Ayumu
Vivid Feelings LV3, 3, 3, 5, 7, 9
Wedge of Forgetfulness LV1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 9
Indomitable Spirit LV2, 2, 3, 6, 8, 10
Divine Blade LV1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 9
All Resistances LV3, 3, 3, 5, 7, 9
Steadfastness LV2, 2, 3, 5, 6, 8
Flash Step LV1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 8
Unfettered Will LV1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 9

I'm working on an Excel spreadsheet for all the weapon evolutions including the other three branches besides Ethereal (Attack, Defense, and Balanced). Expect that to be done... at some point. If an English wiki pops up somewhere I'll throw it on there instead.
I've made the full translation for the ethereal, if you need it ~~
Not going to make the other, cause not interested :p

Forget to include: you need certain character level for every weapon level. For weapon level 1, you need character level 11, weapon level 2, character level 21, and so on.

Tested.

Attachments

Last edited:

Runesave

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I've made the full translation for the ethereal, if you need it ~~
Not going to make the other, cause not interested :p

Forget to include: you need certain character level for every weapon level. For weapon level 1, you need character level 11, weapon level 2, character level 21, and so on.

Tested.
Could it be the English ver of Yumina uses different factors for weapon evolutions? According to that chart my Ai doesn't even reach a Stage 1 evolution when I beat the game (0 points in Suppression and Stagnation, had 87 ability points I forgot to spend) but ingame she has reached "Blue Thunder Gun: Glacial Bullet" already. Right after in NG+, I added "Bewilderment" and "Confusion", skills not listed in the chart, her weapon leveled up to "Blue Thunder Gun: Deep Waver" instantly after. Confused here.

NG+ keeps everything you earned, including dungeon progress, skills, storage. However at hard difficulty your first enemies will be lv26 already. The interesting thing is that scene-earned skills can be gotten again with a huge boost in level (Sincere Brainwashing Lv1 turned into Lv4).

The only material requirement quests in my first playthrough was 7 Cockatrice Eggs, 2 Stone Golem's Heartstone & 15 Stone Golem Fragments, then NG+ 20 Legion Feathers. An interesting thing about quests that make you kill X of a monster is that you don't have to kill the monster on the floors mentioned: Ripoona wants 7 Chimeras in the tower dungeon floors 1-5 dead, you can go to Mizelt Tomb floors 10ish and oneshot them instead until you clear.

Selius

Tentacle God
Reputation score

why am i not getting the harem ending

i have sex with all the chapter bosses but i always get the graduation ending

2Din3D

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Could it be the English ver of Yumina uses different factors for weapon evolutions? According to that chart my Ai doesn't even reach a Stage 1 evolution when I beat the game (0 points in Suppression and Stagnation, had 87 ability points I forgot to spend) but ingame she has reached "Blue Thunder Gun: Glacial Bullet" already. Right after in NG+, I added "Bewilderment" and "Confusion", skills not listed in the chart, her weapon leveled up to "Blue Thunder Gun: Deep Waver" instantly after. Confused here.
In this game, you can get 4 kind of weapon depending on your skill tree: offensive, defensive, balanced (between those two), and ethereal.
My previous post only translating the skill needed to get the ethereal one. The easiest way to spot that it's ethereal is, your weapon gives bonus ethereal status.

Perhaps your Ai didn't get the ethereal one, but most likely offensive or balanced.

You can read it fully in japanese here www20.atwiki.jp/yumina/pages/78.html

Google translator helps a little :x