Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
XUnity Auto Translator & Reipatcher:

Github:
Releases:
Manual:
bbepis said:
This is a plugin that is capable of using various online translators to provide on-the-fly translations for various Unity-based games.
It does (obviously) go to the internet, in order to provide the translation, so if you are not comfortable with that, don't use it.
Simplified how-to for average users:
1- download the latest release (XUnity.AutoTranslator-ReiPatcher-<version number>.zip) from the Releases link above
2- extract "SetupReiPatcherAndAutoTranslator.exe" to the Unity game directory (where the "<game>.exe" you use to launch the game is)
3- run "SetupReiPatcherAndAutoTranslator.exe"
*** this creates a few directories and a "<game>(Patch and Run)" shortcut
4- profit: run <game>(Patch and Run)... You're done!
Depending on your connection speed, it may take time for the translations to be fetched and displayed, especially the first time(s) you run the game.

Now for the important part:
I believe most users are unaware they can easily edit/refine/modify all the machine translations used by XUnity.
These translations are saved in your hard drive, in the "/AutoTranslator" folder created in step 3 above.
Any text box you see in-game, will have its contents transcripted there; note that does mean you need to run and play the game first. Unseen or skipped text won't be saved.

How to implement your own (English) translations:

- Go to <game directory>\AutoTranslator\Translation\en\Text (after you played some. For fun, for context and for the files to be generated)
- duplicate "_AutoGeneratedTranslations.txt" (copy it to the same folder with no overwrite)
- rename the new file "MyTranslations.txt" (or whatever you like as long as you do no change the .txt extension)
"_AutoGeneratedTranslations.txt" is now your backup file, and where you can fetch (copy/paste from) additional lines you may have missed before.
Opening "MyTranslations.txt" (in notepad, preferably notepad++) will show lines like this:
Code:
オープニングあり=With opening
貴族の娘=Aristocratic daughter
牧草地=Meadow
村娘=Muramusume

If you are unsatisfied with MTL (you should), you would change it to this:
Code:
オープニングあり=Show prologue
貴族の娘=Noblewoman
牧草地=The Meadows
村娘=Village girl
Note: Context helps a LOT, so be sure to take notes in-game.
Edit and save "MyTranslations.txt", and now the game will use these new lines instead of the ones in "_AutoGeneratedTranslations.txt".
You can now share "MyTranslations.txt" for anyone and everyone to benefit from your efforts and/or to help you improve/advance what you have already done.

Notes:
You can use as many txt files as you like in \AutoTranslator\Translation\en\Text. You can have "Menus.txt", "Stats.txt", "Battles_dialogue.txt", etc. Splitting the original file into several smaller ones helps the process.

Notepad++(is free and) has:
- a 'Sort' function (in Edit/Line Operations)
- a 'Find in files' function you can use to spot duplicates and do replacements
- You can also download the 'Compare' plugin from the Plugins menu, for further help (like keeping _AutoGeneratedTranslations.txt in one tab and copy/paste from it on the fly, as the game is running. Notepad++ will notify you when a file was modified)

Refer to: for advanced procedures and instructions.

TL,DR: you can share your \AutoTranslator\Translation\en\Text\Mytranslation.txt (+_Substitutions.txt)
This way, others will benefit from the improvements you've made. What's more, if you've duplicated the whole original file, internet connection is no longer required (meaning no further text can be found without an existing translation).
Most of the time that would require judicious use of _Substitutions.txt to deal with text displaying variables (ie "you are 69% to the next level!")

Last edited:
OP
S

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Just tried it with the game 1098R
The Ducati 1098R motorcycle? I don't think it runs on Unity.
Jokes aside, you need to run the game 1st. The plugin catches text boxes while the game is running. Anything you haven't seen in-game, won't show up in _AutoGeneratedTranslations.txt

And I notice I didn't state that simple fact. Will edit OP, thanks.

PlebMan7210

Reputation score
Hello!
I've tried your instructions and read and also tried the methods from the github.

However, the Auto Translator on the game that I am trying to translate doesn't seem to work.

It simply does not take any time for it to try to translate the game, resulting in no Auto Translator Folder being created.

Do you have any solution for me?
Is there any other way of translating the game?
Thank you very much

Game:
https://ulmf.org/threads/translation-request-thread.7901/post-1112939

OP
S

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Do you have any solution for me?
Is there any other way of translating the game?
Thank you very much
This was asked in the game's thread, here's the best reply: https://ulmf.org/threads/diizerumai...-summer-rural-sex-rj283590.14117/post-1112101

I don't have any interest in the game itself, but it's one of these very few lightweight Unity games; as such, a good test case if anyone wants to look into it further (and help the XUnity team).
Consider using a regular text hooker (AGTH or one of its successors); I'm not too knowledgeable about them, but someone shared a text hook in the aforementioned thread.

Bryanis

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Look like the dev make a litle something (well, he patch something up since peoples asked) about game using IL2CPP . But it's a (probably in equivalent of beta mod) and is based on (a more unity mod loader).

So, better get ready to backup your game and learn how to use the other tool first. And the mod he offer only work with IL2CPP unity game, if the game is not using IL2CPP, it won't work (just use the normal way).

And, just found out about it so really didn't had time to test things.

maddogrd

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
I'm trying to use on itazura kyoaku but won't work it does on reals other game. Ant advice on how to get work.

Bryanis

Reputation score
This tool only work with Unity. A game from 2015 isn't liekly to be working with unity. You'd better try other tools. Well, text hooker more than anything. There might have been a fan mod translating interface on HF back then but it's down for good.

Plus this ain't really the kind of game disccused on this forum. I'll sugest going to forum like AS to ask for help as this kind of game is more their cup of tea than ulmf members. No guarantee thought

derakino999

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
@maddogrd
On what other real's game? It worked on a non-unity game you say?

@Bryanis
I can't find any info on that on his git, where did you get that from?
I wanna research

Last edited:

Bryanis

Reputation score
About the il2cpp mod thing ? on a thread where someone asked about reipatcher not working on a game - and it was because of the il2cpp thing.
the actual thread. Sadly, no info about how to use it. I tried getting melonloader and the il2cpp mod but never got to make it work on any game I tried, so I probably do something wrong or the mod isn't really effective.
Anf there a new version of the mod in issue thread

maddogrd

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
pretty sure it is a unity game started to use unity with it and itazura kyoushi. But can't get it to translate this but can get kyoushi to translate. But thank you for reply will try there.

Bryanis

Reputation score
So, thread #140 there someone who mange to install it on a game, here the guy answer about how to install the mod for melonloader :

thanks!!! for the mod! how to install this?

It really should just be unzip directly into game directory after having installed MelonLoader. And MelonLoader has a managed installer.
Indicating that he must have use the install version of Melonloader (and not the non install version), then unpacker the lastest version of the mod directly in the game folder.

However, the mod isa beta version, so it will likely not work for some game.

derakino999

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Yup. I've tried both zip and installer melonloader then reipatcher, and it didn't work on either lorena and land of ruins and notears action.
I believe both throw me a different error, though.

Bryanis

Reputation score
Tried with lorena, Snow brandia and the sequel, no chance on any of them -_-
Either we miss something or the beta mod is just not up to the task for the moment.

noman

Lurker
Reputation score
LMAO I came here to try and translate Lorena as well. Sad. Fortunately, it's a FPS game, so it's far from playable even if you can't read moonspeak.

Bryanis

Reputation score
LMAO I came here to try and translate Lorena as well. Sad. Fortunately, it's a FPS game, so it's far from playable even if you can't read moonspeak.
Well, it does have puzzle like part as well as archievement, so not reading can be a pain, and considering the amount of text you got in town, I'm pretty sure it'd be really great to manage to have a (machine) translation.

derakino999

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
I couldn't even manage to make ZTtanslate work (which is OCR based) on this one.
What in the fuck

Eh if worse comes to worst,we still have one last card to play...textractor!
.....right?

hentfreak

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Yeah i wonder why some Unity based games are just not working with this tool:

For example this game here:

Normally it just starts auto translating but not here.
i can not even Open the Autotranslater inside the game ( I change it to DeepL from google Translate)

Do i have to change something in the config file?

Bryanis

Reputation score
Yeah i wonder why some Unity based games are just not working with this tool:

For example this game here:

Normally it just starts auto translating but not here.
i can not even Open the Autotranslater inside the game ( I change it to DeepL from google Translate)

Do i have to change something in the config file?
Some unity game use another coding - you can see it quickly if there a "IL2CPP" folder in the game database folder. Unity auto translating tool have a hard time working with these game. Dunno about the one you linked, but maybe that's the reason (if so, any game with this coding won't get translated with the tool ... probably. Not the tool dev or very knowledgfeable in coding so just trying to point some things out).

OP
S

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
For example this game here
Ugh. This circle did use different Unity text methods before. Which Xunity cannot hook for the time being.

...just popping my head up to say I can't help either.
But I'll gladly add to OP relevant information on that matter and the ways to solve it, if any.

derakino999

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
You might want to try using this tool again on those same games it didn't work before, i have been testing it and it works now, there was a recent update.
1. Download MelonLoader installer
2. Execute it and select the game
3. Download the plugin and extract it in the root directory of the game
4. Execute the game so MelonLoader creates the necessary files