What's new

Wolfenstahl

iamnuff

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Wolfenstahl

The bosses didnt have grapples cause they wanted faster paced gameplay for the bosses
Well, if they wanted faster paced gameplay, then maybe they should have rethunk the fact that all the bosses (but especially the last one) seem to constantly spam their dash-attack, forcing you to chase them across the map, then dodge as they do it again, then chase them again.

I spent like ten minutes on that last boss, just constantly leaping over her slide attack, running over to her, hitting her once then jumping over her slide attack again.

it was tricky, but once i'd worked out her pattern, it was more tedious than anything else.

Wolfenstahl

Demon Girl
Reputation score

@iamnuff:
Good to hear that you've found a solution.
I have no idea why long file paths are causing this error.
GM8.1 (the software that has been used) is really really weird in my opinion.
I'm happy I don't have to use GM8.1 any longer.

I also really don't recall the old "bugs" and fixes at all.
I was just happy that I managed to fix all major issues back then, and move on to new game projects.

Regarding the last boss:
Yes, she's very annoying.
And yes, the game is far away from being perfect.
It was our very first game project and we had been doing lots of mistakes because we had no previous experience.

I really liked the grapple system in Paperheads as well as the sprite animations. Is another game like that a real possibility in the future? Basically, something perhaps more in-game hentai focused.
Actually, yes.
Our current game project will hopefully (we need to test if it works out) have animated hentai CGs during gameplay.
Which means, if the heroine gets grabbed you get to see a very large high quality animation.
But we still need to test it out in order to confirm that the game is still playable and not eating up too much resources.
(worst case we're going to do small sprite animations)

The grapple system itself should have similarities with the one from Paperheads.
Though we plan to throw out the "annoying" and "confusing" parts of it, and improve on the good stuff.

We pick up the work on the game at the end of october or start of november.
It's temporarily on halt because of Crescentias previous arm injury, long story short: she's already better but we need some time before we can work on the game again.

Shadowgungc

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

You know since the grappling system was such a big thing in paper heads I always thought the bosses should have employed really tricky grapples and be resistant to being wailed on making it a decision to sex them up the hit them where they hurt, or to take your time and rope-a-dope them down.

ServerSurfer

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I liked the concept of the grappling, just didn't like the execution. It should be simplified. Just slightly less buttons. Better if the escape commands were only direction inputs of: up, down, left, right.

Wolfenstahl

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I liked the concept of the grappling, just didn't like the execution. It should be simplified. Just slightly less buttons. Better if the escape commands were only direction inputs of: up, down, left, right.
That's exactly what I had in mind.

In theory the system I want to use this time looks like this:
(no 2 phases anymore!)
You need to input the depicted directional buttons in order to escape.
The more correct buttons you input, the more the escape bar fills up.
Pressing the wrong button slightly decreases the bar.
If the bar is full, the heroine manages to escape.
I also thought about including 2 difficulty levels for this.
Easy: 2 directional keys (left and right only)
Normal: 4 directional keys (left, right, up and down)

The heroine takes slightly a bit damage over time, so the longer the grapple goes, the more damage she gets.

Also you can toggle grapple damage on and off in the options menu.
For everyone who wants to watch the grapple for longer time periodes.

Plus... one thing I'm currently thinking about:
A button that you can mash at will in order to damage the enemy.
The more you mash it, the more damage you deal.

But... I'm not so sure about this because of several reasons.
(especially because you can toggle grapple damage for the player off... so getting into a grapple is actually beneficial to the player, since you can't be damaged but you can kill off enemies very easily... especially bosses "if" they have grapples too... which would either be a reason to not give bosses grapples... or I need to come up with something else)

Last edited:

iamnuff

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Well, Wolfenstahl had a pleasure meter, though it didn't seem to do anything.

Maybe if you have that fill up, then the character orgasms and becomes helpless (can't struggle to escape for 10 seconds or so, maybe some enemies continue grappling you for the duration or perhaps some just drop you to the ground, force-breaking the grapple?)

1: it makes grapples more interesting,
and 2: it provides a downside to getting grappled.

maybe have the "deal damage in grapple" be a separate button, like it is now?

so up/down/left/right to escape, and X or something to deal damage, make it so that attacking(or having your pleasure bar hit 100%) drains your stamina so that you can't attack anymore.

This means that if you get into a grapple and lose all your stamina, all you can do is try to escape, then get away and wait for it to recharge.

maybe you can crouch with the down key, then press another button to sit down, which makes your stamina restore really fast?

Not something you can do in a fight, but something to reduce frustration when running about the map.

Maybe another button when sitting to make her masturbate, to drain the pleasure bar? (lots of Run and Rape games have this feature, and sometimes it's really well done)

Personally, I am very much FOR the bosses having sex attacks.

After you've seen it a couple of times, the standard enemy grapples lose their shine, but the bosses are unique (and usually have a far more interesting character design anyway) so their attacks are much more interesting.

frankly, the whip girl from Wolfenstahl is by favourite part.

Last edited:

Wolfenstahl

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Well, there has been no specific animation for climaxing when the pleasure meter is full, simply because the enemies already had a climax animation.
But other than that, having a full pleasure meter decreases HP and stamina (as far as I recall).

maybe have the "deal damage in grapple" be a separate button, like it is now?

so up/down/left/right to escape, and X or something to deal damage, make it so that attacking(or having your pleasure bar hit 100%) drains your stamina so that you can't attack anymore.

This means that if you get into a grapple and lose all your stamina, all you can do is try to escape, then get away and wait for it to recharge.
That's precisely what I had in mind.
Though there's no stamina or pleasure bar on the new game.
(but there's an MP (Mind Power) bar that serves both purposes, kinda)
If things don't work out like this, we probably need to include seperate bars for each one.

(well, there is already an HP bar, MP bar and a "guard-meter" bar... including too much bars is not a good idea)

Personally, I am very much FOR the bosses having sex attacks.

After you've seen it a couple of times, the standard enemy grapples lose their shine, but the bosses are unique (and usually have a far more interesting character design anyway) so their attacks are much more interesting.

frankly, the whip girl from Wolfenstahl is by favourite part.
Yeah, bosses appear only at certain points in the game, so it stays fresh.

Btw. just to prevent misunderstandings, we're not working on Paperheads anymore.
("Paperheads" is the games name, "Wolfenstahl" is one of the developers (that's me))
But I'll make sure to include all the feedback and stuff in the new game.
Or at least as much as possible.

And this time around, I'll probably release a demo-version early on.
That should help with getting more feedback and adjusting things in early developement.

P.S:
I totally forgot to mention that I've got a character popularity voting currently running on the blog.
More informations about it on the blog.
(Link is on the first post in the topic and in my signature below)

Last edited:

iamnuff

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Well, there has been no specific animation for climaxing when the pleasure meter is full, simply because the enemies already had a climax animation.
yeah, I was talking about one for the player character though, something to effect her instead of the enemies.

Btw. just to prevent misunderstandings, we're not working on Paperheads anymore.
("Paperheads" is the games name, "Wolfenstahl" is one of the developers (that's me))
Yeah, I meant to say "paperheads" instead of "wolfenstahl" but I fucked it up

Jesus

The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

the grapple system in ph was good, but i found it too easy sometimes. if the new system youre doing will save you work that's cool.

Fenril

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

So I've got a question. Are you using a specific framework program to run Paperheads? Because yesterday I tried to have both the Stage 1 program and the Stage 2 & 3 program running at the same time and when you do that, it can seriously slow down everything on my computer (and it's no slouch of a computer, either).

Also, is there some sort of way to tell the game to run even when in the background? Because the game action will freeze if it's anything but the currently active program if you have multiple windows open.

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

So I've got a question. Are you using a specific framework program to run Paperheads? Because yesterday I tried to have both the Stage 1 program and the Stage 2 & 3 program running at the same time and when you do that, it can seriously slow down everything on my computer (and it's no slouch of a computer, either).

Also, is there some sort of way to tell the game to run even when in the background? Because the game action will freeze if it's anything but the currently active program if you have multiple windows open.
the game was split into 2 programs because there were too many resources for it to run on lower spec computers,

the second thing was just a checkbox in the system settings in game maker

Wolfenstahl

Demon Girl
Reputation score

@iamnuff:
I'm not sure if we'll include something like that in the current game.
What's currently planned is, that the heroine and the enemy cum at the same time.
(also there is no pleasure meter planned, so it doesn't work anyway... but it would be a different story if we implemented a pleasure meter... I mentioned on my last post why we don't plan to include one this time)

But I'll consider it for the next game where we'll implement a pleasure meter.
I think I've seen it in some other game, but I'm not quite sure about which game it was.
The enemies fuck the heroine, the pleasure meter builds up slowly, and they cum in her several times.
Once the pleasure meter is all filled up, the enemy and the heroine cum together.
Something like that?

@Jesus:
I hope that it will save us a bit work and that it works out as intended.
Often things sound better on paper (in theory) than in reality.
So we might have to make adjustments here and there.

I've done Paperheads in game maker 8.1 and the problem is that graphics with a size above 1024 x 1024 pixels cause a lot of issues.
(also it's not recommended to use too big graphics in general, this also includes large player sprites and stuff... a couple of them works, but too many can cause a lot of issues...)

But I wasn't aware of this since it was our first project.
The real issues started showing up when the game was pretty much done...
So it was too late...

That's basically one of the main reasons why it's running slow, even on good computers.
And it's really not recommended to start both applications at once.

The main reason why I needed to do something hilarious like splitting the game into 2 applications was because I could have either:
- deleted more CGs and animations out of the game
- reduced the resolution of EVERYTHING in the game (and it's already been reduced by half btw.)
- doing a completely new "remake" game with new graphics that address these issues right from the start

And yeah... that's why I aimed for having 2 applications instead...
As hilarious as this might sound, that was the only way how I could fix it back then.
(I'm way better at programming stuff now, but still I would NOT call myself a professional programmer by all means)

As far as I know, there is no way to let Paperheads run in the background while not being the currently active program.
Though I could make future games so that they keep running even when not selected as currently active program.

@Azurezero
I know you only want to help, but the stuff you say is sometimes really confusing, and mostly not very helpful to anyone at all.
Can you please leave the answering of more specific questions to me?

Also, please stop making assumptions about different things.
It's also a bit weird to have someone constantly mentioning what I might have thought or not thought about specific things.

SimplyDex

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Sorry for the necro, but I would like to ask if there was a sex animation gallery?

thswherizat

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

You know, if you want to ask a question, just ask the question. Don't make a waste post as a preface.

El Fuerte

Sex Demon
Reputation score

You know, if you want to ask a question, just ask the question. Don't make a waste post as a preface.
Hmm, Right you are = /
(Ps: Your Profile Picture looks interesting, where is it from? = D)

So, here comes the long Text about my Fan Question XP
(Hope you don´t mind = /)

HEY! Just a question Please! Do you have actually an "Bunny-Girl Demi Godess"? I really Like Bunnies = D I am imagining if there would be a Bunny Demigodess she surely would (should?) be cheerful, shy and fearfull this would be sooo cute! XD

Well, my current favourite animals are after all: 1. Ratel (Honey Badger to be more specific) (Honig Dachs) 2. Cheetah (Gepart) and 3. Hare (Well Bunny too but Hare´s are bigger and faster ... and somehow wilder XP) . . . and cooler . . . and cuter XD

Well a Cheetah is already there, (Chiira)

But although my favourite Animal is the Honey Badger
(because I found out that there is NO possibility in the Animal World to hurt a Honey Badger because of it´s VERY durable Fur and Skin, Not even Arrows, Spears and machetes are enough to pierce it´s skin)

BUT that´s not all The honey Badger is also complete imune against any (Animalistic)-Poison the worse that could happen to the Honey Badger would be that it faints for a hour until the effect of the poison wears off
+
This Animal is listed in the Guiness Book of Records as THE bravest of all Animals since the Honey Badger even challenges Lions and Water Buffalos AND because it´s unpassable Skin and it´s feisty and perhaps even aggresive behavior mostly even Wins
A Honey Badger doesn´t know Fear at all! He he! XD

Well, like I wanted to say in the beginning,: Altough this Awesome Animal is my Absolute number one, I somehow doubt that it will appear as Demigodess among your Characters . . . well I would love too see it appear but, I somehow don´t think that you will do one . . . right? = / Well If you DO then please Say so >.<

But I guess it will be more likely to see a cute Bunny / Hare Demigodess . . . so Why not? Or is there already one? = D

Ps: Which other animals do you have actually as Demigodesses? (Aside of the entire Rainbow colored Wolf Pack we already know) ; P

nintendochamp

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I'm not sure how often Wolfenstahl checks this forum, but I write for him often and know his characters well enough to at least name a few other types. Now remember, not all animal hybrids are demi-goddesses, however I believe most, if not all, of them presented so far have been.

Besides wolves and cheetahs, there are the bears (polar and grizzly), a hyena, and a puma. Now mind you, these are the ones that have been publicly shown already. I'm sure Wolfenstahl will see this thread updated again soon, so he can offer a far more complete answer but I hope my answer helped a bit.

El Fuerte

Sex Demon
Reputation score

I'm not sure how often Wolfenstahl checks this forum, but I write for him often and know his characters well enough to at least name a few other types. Now remember, not all animal hybrids are demi-goddesses, however I believe most, if not all, of them presented so far have been.

Besides wolves and cheetahs, there are the bears (polar and grizzly), a hyena, and a puma. Now mind you, these are the ones that have been publicly shown already. I'm sure Wolfenstahl will see this thread updated again soon, so he can offer a far more complete answer but I hope my answer helped a bit.
Well I also knew these Demigodesses ^_^

But there always appear new ones that we didn´t knew until that point and Wolfy stated one time that Wolf God or something like that Created quite a lot of demigodesses And since he is the God of all Mamal Animals . . . = )