What's new

What happened to sprite sex H-RPGs?

MajinLuffy

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Re: What happened to sprite sex H-RPGs?

I think KHTA means the big pro visual novels games you can find in DLSite Pro or Getchu (that have big prices to match). No idea how much they sell, but my guess is a lot, seeing how every month there are a ton coming out even though they cost an arm and a leg...

HentaiWriter

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I think KHTA means the big pro visual novels games you can find in DLSite Pro or Getchu (that have big prices to match). No idea how much they sell, but my guess is a lot, seeing how every month there are a ton coming out even though they cost an arm and a leg...

in 2014, the vast majority of the top 30 or so were a mix of;

-RPGs
-Platformer/sidescrollers
-CG sets

I don't think I found any visual novels in the top 30, actually :p

I'd say visual novels are a lot bigger of a sale outside of internet sites, generally people buy those in Tokyo at least in physical form a lot of the time, but the last time I was there was over 10 years ago so maaaaybe that's changed lol

KHTA

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Actually, platformers nowadays get the most money, then rpgs, then visual novels, if you check DLSite sales. :p
I meant VN in general. I never base my facts off of a single area.

edit: damnit what MajinLuffy said.

MajinLuffy

Reputation score

Yeah, that's why I wrote DLSite Pro. It's different from Maniax, products are not listed together, and visual novels are mostly there. In Maniax the VNs are mostly small ones from circles like softhouse-seal. Here:

Sadly, instead of downloads it says points, and I don't know how does that work, if it's related with downloads, how many points per download or purchase if so, etc, etc, that's why I can't say how much they sell as a fact, other than the one I mentioned: lots of new ones come out every month. You can check in Getchu the releases per month.

Granted, we are talking mostly in the doujin/indie area, and those VNs are not really part of that scene, but I think it's still valid. If sprite sex was better in the "time spent/revenue" department than CGs, those companies would deliver a lot more (and probably better polished) sprite sex games.

KHTA said:
edit: damnit what MajinLuffy said.
xD

Darkstrain

Reputation score

just look at the games from alicesoft (they are mi favorite h-company) they barely use basic animations, for walking characthers or attacks yet the art (the second selling point of the game besides gameplay) is all 2d CG.

it's not stagnating it's just cool XD