What's new

ACT [Vanja] Rise of the lord of tentacles

UnknownFox

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Re: Rise of the lord of tentacles (!!NO LINK TO THE GAME DOWNLOAD WILL EVER BE PROVID

I gave the demo a shot and I admit the animations as far as the sex goes, not to bad. However with the clunky movement and glitchy actions it doesn't seem worth the money to buy it, especially not at $25. Demos are ment to give a taste of what to expect.......I don't like what I would be expecting.

DolphinBlow

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Rise of the lord of tentacles (!!NO LINK TO THE GAME DOWNLOAD WILL EVER BE PROVID

@foamy111
It's not a glitch, it's a feature :D you dodged so hard, you avoided the entire game.

All kidding aside, this is a problem with Vanja's games and I don't think she fixes the glitches either. Fortunately there are other ways to beat that boss without ducking down, when the tentacle comes for you just run back to the wall on the left, I'm pretty sure the tentacle wont reach that far so all you have to do is follow it back and start attacking when in range again.

(Insert attempt at bad metaphor here) :p
Yes I really did try to..
You fall through the floor when you press against the wall aswell, so I find that boss hard considering how glitched the game is.

Texas

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

This game is pretty awful with controls. the only redeemable quality about it is that the H content it ok. wish i could get it for free instead of 25 freakin dollars. so many other games out there that sell for less that are wayyy better -_-

Kirshz

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Also messed with the demo, yeah, the animations are actually pretty decent, sure the movement is clunky but I've gotten used to it.(including infamously sliding around backwards as the sprite remains perfectly stiff)

I'm not really willing to shell out the cash for it either, maybe if I'm really particularly curious.

And honestly, I think it's for the best that no one should simply mention having hold of Vanja's games in general, or else one is just going to get PM Cluster Fucked to the point that even someone like me gets sick of it, of course that kind of backfires since those people would probably swarm back to spamming the thread then effectively killing it....not like there's much discussion about the games in the threads themselves half the time anyways.

UnknownFox

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Out of curiosity though, does anyone actually own this and if so, is it actually improved from the demo we have tried?

Raxon66

Demon Girl
Reputation score

The gameplay is pretty much alike throughout the game. If you didn't like the demo, I'd advise you to skip it.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I enjoyed this game, and very much liked all the animations the game offered. I didn't encounter much problems during the gameplay, but the controls could definitely be better.

jacktheriper said:
Did see something interesting tho

You can pay her to draw a pictures for you, 25$ for one character and 125$ for a 4 sheet comic. I just figured i point it out i guess...
Yeah her commissions rates are pretty fair, many artists available for commissions won't even give you the lineart for the same prices. Personally I have never felt the need to commission artists, though, at least not yet.

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

*sigh*

I have a huge weakness for Vanja's art style. It's really a shame her games are so poorly programmed/animated, because if they were up to snuff as far as not getting stuck in walls, character doing what it's commanded to do, etc, I would totally give her my money. As it is, I'm tempted to pay her to play the full versions, but I have to stop myself because I know that the art style isn't worth it, no matter how much I enjoy it.

M N M

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Tried the demo. Its not that bad, if some of the buggy movements and getting glitched out the screen were fixed i'd say it would be a decent H game.

Last edited:

cacapost

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I wouldn't mind getting a pm link to the full game *wink* if anyone has it.
This was bound to happen.
Better just shut down this thread while theres still time. :/

OP
The Lurkers Shadow

The Lurkers Shadow

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

This was bound to happen.
Better just shut down this thread while theres still time. :/
He's probably just being a smart ass to get a few chuckles out of the other members reactions, don't take him too seriously.

Last edited:

Texas

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

DID SOMEONE SAY THEY WERE HANDING OUT LINKS?!?!?! ;P

mohawklogan

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Odd. I didnt have a single problem with the demo, Other then the boss was far to hard for me. I might have been able to do it if i had more patience but i dont.

MohawkLogan:cool:

Last edited:
OP
The Lurkers Shadow

The Lurkers Shadow

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I'm showing what that poster above me was talking about by being a cheeky monkey :D
Like Texas has shown, you will get some who get bored due to lack of hentai content they want coming out or some other reason that has got them a bit stir crazy who will mess about in the threads. As long as you don't take them seriously everything should be fine. :)

Now with the topic in mind Vanjas price for a membership is steep, but if you have never joined before, it's actually a very good price with the amount of games currently on her site worth playing. If you think about it there is roughly about 5 games worth getting, if you look at it as 5$ for each of those games it seems less steep.

Her comics are pretty nice too, the art style is strangly appealing for some reason if you add that into the mix a 1 month subscription seems fair.

As a final note, while I agree its a high price to pay while there is so much better and free content around think on this, you probably have spent more on cash items on some 'Free' MMO somewhere along the line only to have it go down the drain when the game closes or you leave and never go back.

Lozagal

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I'm not the biggest fan of Vanja going into tons of forums trying to sell her shitty art. She is being the Ubisoft of hentai games.

wazzup

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I'm not the biggest fan of Vanja going into tons of forums trying to sell her shitty art. She is being the Ubisoft of hentai games.
I disagree... more like the EA of hentai games. DRM and whatnot. Screw you EA, I'm playing ME3 through different means.

Now with the topic in mind Vanjas price for a membership is steep, but if you have never joined before, it's actually a very good price with the amount of games currently on her site worth playing. If you think about it there is roughly about 5 games worth getting, if you look at it as 5$ for each of those games it seems less steep.

Her comics are pretty nice too, the art style is strangly appealing for some reason if you add that into the mix a 1 month subscription seems fair.

As a final note, while I agree its a high price to pay while there is so much better and free content around think on this, you probably have spent more on cash items on some 'Free' MMO somewhere along the line only to have it go down the drain when the game closes or you leave and never go back.
Well this is all really has to do with a person's willingness to pay. I'm kind of curious why Vanja doesn't submit her games to dlsite or something. I'd assume there are bigger profits there, since it ties in the Japanese audience as well.

Last edited:

ZhouTai

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I disagree... more like the EA of hentai games. DRM and whatnot. Screw you EA, I'm playing ME3 through different means.

Well this is all really has to do with a person's willingness to pay. I'm kind of curious why Vanja doesn't submit her games to dlsite or something. I'd assume there are bigger profits there, since it ties in the Japanese audience as well.
Because DLsite takes a 33% cut last I checked, which explains high prices on low quality games. I even suggested she try some of her older games as a test to gauge public reaction but shes not up for it, there were other reasons but that was months ago.

Raxon66

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Dl Site also requires all artists to put mosaic censoring on sex graphics. When she's already got her own website which seems to work perfectly well, I can understand why she's not interested in using other places.

The Lurkers Shadow said:

Thanks for being another one than just me pointing that out :)

I like Vanja's art a lot, as other people have mentioned here too, but sure, it might not be for everyone's liking.

Ayra

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Wellll... I probably did myself a disfavor. As soon as I finished the Kurovadis demo, I tried the demo of this. So I went straight from a fast-paced, polished action game to an extremely slow paced, limited and bugged platformer. This didn't help in making good first impressions...

The art style is nice and the storyline was acceptably enjoyable but the 'game' part is lacking. The thing is, to be entertaining it doesn't have to be as polished or developped like Nightmare Sphere or Kurodavis or Unholy Sanctuary: It just has to be a bit better than it currently is in order to be enjoyable.

I think something similar to Mushroom Princess/Kinokohime would be perfect for Vanja's games: It's a simple platformer with few bells and whistles, but it's enjoyable, functional and not frustrating to play. It wouldn't require a ton of programming effort either to improve it to that level. I'd certainly be willing to buy her games if they had her artwork with a functional game engine like that. As it currently stand, I'll pass. I'll admit falling through the floor twice didn't help much, though.

Raxon66

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Personally I'd love if she could make more games like the Witchcraft one, that's my absolute favorite so far :)

Minis

Demon Girl
Reputation score

hi,

i see no link asking.... but maybe some1 here would be generous and send me a pm with a link to this game ?