Reputation score
Re: Unnamed side project

Can't decide what hair color?

Use ALL of the colors!

Justicex88

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Which brings me to my question. As you can see, I'm once again stuck at the age old question of "what hair color can I use that isn't red".
Red. Why would you NOT want red?
. . .Aside from the obvious answers.

Twisted1

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

I vote for blue. Or perhaps a dark color, like black or a dark green.

BlueLight

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Red head... and just because i'm silly, i also vote for white head.

OP
Kyrieru

Kyrieru

Sensei
Reputation score

Red. Why would you NOT want red?
. . .Aside from the obvious answers.
Because it's my favourite hair color for female protagonists, and whenever I design characters I tend to default to it to the point where it would get repetitive for everyone else -__-.

Master_Bei_Shun

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Could become your shtick...

This months red headed protagonists is!

Justicex88

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Because it's my favourite hair color for female protagonists, and whenever I design characters I tend to default to it to the point where it would get repetitive for everyone else -__-.
I wish people could sense my sarcasm on the interntz. What I MEANT to say was, "I love red heads too. You should definitely go with that color."
-5 Internets for me.
+5 For red heads, amirite?

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I wish people could sense my sarcasm on the interntz. What I MEANT to say was, "I love red heads too. You should definitely go with that color."
-5 Internets for me.
+5 For red heads, amirite?
totally :) redheads=win

MajorKagami

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Make them MontherFucking Rainbow!!!
0625cc8a4ab3716a7010d7ea8da9a376.jpg
they are like skittles, rape the rainbow.

Twisted1

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

lmao i like the blonde...but oh my...is it just me or does ginger and purple here look like a genderbent gary/blue
I can sorta see it... But I certainly wouldn't have seen it without your help. Thanks ever so much, lol...

On topic: I don't think the hair color will really matter. Your art style is pretty awesome, and your games tend to be a lot of fun. Just pick something and go with it!

OP
Kyrieru

Kyrieru

Sensei
Reputation score

I think I'm gonna go with the blue, for now. I've already done a bunch of H animations, but colors can be changed anytime if I change my mind.

Here's a WIP in the walking animation. It's pretty much done, just need to tweak a few things.

Right now I'm thinking about what the gameplay is going to be like. The umbrella was more or less just an arbitrary character design choice.

My in-universe explanation for why she uses an umbrella would be that powers emerge in certain people, but they manifest into whatever the person happened to be holding at the time, be it a sword, umbrella, toaster...dildo, etc. That object then becomes the only means for that character to use their powers.

As for what those powers are in-game, I've yet to decide. Beyond the obvious choices of using the umbrella to float, or travel in gusts of wind, I want hitting the enemy to open them up to different kinds of interaction, (like jumping on a koopa in mario) rather than just doing damage. However, it's somewhat difficult to come up with something that isn't like mario, or bubble bobble, or kirby, or Mario 2.

Nothing to do but brainstorm as I make H animations.

Zodiark69

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I think I'm gonna go with the blue, for now. I've already done a bunch of H animations, but colors can be changed anytime if I change my mind.

Here's a WIP in the walking animation. It's pretty much done, just need to tweak a few things.

Right now I'm thinking about what the gameplay is going to be like. The umbrella was more or less just an arbitrary character design choice.

My in-universe explanation for why she uses an umbrella would be that powers emerge in certain people, but they manifest into whatever the person happened to be holding at the time, be it a sword, umbrella, toaster...dildo, etc. That object then becomes the only means for that character to use their powers.

As for what those powers are in-game, I've yet to decide. Beyond the obvious choices of using the umbrella to float, or travel in gusts of wind, I want hitting the enemy to open them up to different kinds of interaction, (like jumping on a koopa in mario) rather than just doing damage. However, it's somewhat difficult to come up with something that isn't like mario, or bubble bobble, or kirby, or Mario 2.

The ability to use a toaster as a weapon. If only... D:

Zanara

Lurker
Reputation score

One ability could be knocking an enemy into the wall to use as a platform. Perhaps a spike-topped enemy, or some sort of sticky one. Perhaps another type of enemy, when hit in a certain way, will have slime/web/tentacles go flying off that will stun or snare other enemies near it, allowing you a few seconds to run past them and avoid an otherwise difficult fight. Part of teh challenge there could be luring the stunner enemy to the right place to use it.

MajorKagami

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The ability to use a toaster as a weapon. If only... D:
I 2nd the use of toaster as a weapon. also I enjoyed the changing the colors it almost made me feel like I could do something myself. maybe if I do it enough I'll be able to make them. I'd be willing to change your sprites colors for you if you wanted to make character color a choice.

NinjaPerv

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Unnamed side project - walking walking

Wow looks great so far!

dudlol

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Been wondering if you'd died, your blog was so quiet. Then I find this and am filled with anticipation.

Blue hairs hot. Umbrella utilities could include using it to vault gaps, hopping on it to cross dangerous terrain. Enemy interactions like knocking them into the air and using it to bounce them back up like a trampoline? Also possibly closing it on small enemies to trap them. And use later as keys or attack drones or something?

Could use it as a shield pretty simply by opening it, but I assume that was the plan already?

If the focus of her powers were an umbrella, perhaps she does wind magic type powers? Would open up a lot of travel and crowd control abilities. Could use opening the umbrella to hook onto ledges for climbing too. An opened and upturned umbrella could make a justifiable boat, like in cartoons.

Sorry. I like making suggestions. Ignore if they suck.

Last edited:

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Been wondering if you'd died, your blog was so quiet. Then I find this and am filled with anticipation.

Blue hairs hot. Umbrella utilities could include using it to vault gaps, hopping on it to cross dangerous terrain. Enemy interactions like knocking them into the air and using it to bounce them back up like a trampoline? Also possibly closing it on small enemies to trap them. And use later as keys or attack drones or something?

Could use it as a shield pretty simply by opening it, but I assume that was the plan already?

If the focus of her powers were an umbrella, perhaps she does wind magic type powers? Would open up a lot of travel and crowd control abilities. Could use opening the umbrella to hook onto ledges for climbing too. An opened and upturned umbrella could make a justifiable boat, like in cartoons.

Sorry. I like making suggestions. Ignore if they suck.
also handle hooked on a cable to make a zipline

OP
Kyrieru

Kyrieru

Sensei
Reputation score

Ziplines and flying in wind will probably happen, using it as a shield might.

However the main mechanics won't actually revolve around the umbrella being an umbrella all that much. Your primary means of attack are jumping on enemies, and hitting enemies with the umbrella puts them into a state wherein you can pick them up and throw them. (The fact that it's an umbrella is just aesthetic)

Some enemies will be impervious to one or the other, or require a combination. There will also be some enemies that can only be killed by certain items being thrown at them, or in combination with environmental elements. (being thrown through water, against a wall, etc)

UrineOnU

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Ziplines and flying in wind will probably happen, using it as a shield might.

However the main mechanics won't actually revolve around the umbrella being an umbrella all that much. Your primary means of attack are jumping on enemies, and hitting enemies with the umbrella puts them into a state wherein you can pick them up and throw them. (The fact that it's an umbrella is just aesthetic)

Some enemies will be impervious to one or the other, or require a combination. There will also be some enemies that can only be killed by certain items being thrown at them, or in combination with environmental elements. (being thrown through water, against a wall, etc)
Does she have a angry mood,sad mood,and joy mood where you can fly and one you can heal, that you trigger by taping on the bottom screen?And if the umbrella eats the enemies you get more power for the moods you trigger?