What's new

ACT [ Unholy Production ] UnHolY SaNctuaRy

Reputation score
Re: UnHolY SaNctuaRy

Yeah, hell, this game is miles away easier than any Castlevania game, which I think was rather nice of the developer. I've seen H-Games with absolutely ridiculous difficulty, the worst offenders being some of those block games (lol, 5 lives, high-speed ball).

This game is really no harder than, say, a Kirby game. You just have to memorize how to get through some of the tricky spots and work out a strategy for the bosses. Hell, you can really get away with just power-rushing the bosses so far (except maybe the first), so it isn't even all that bad.

manty5

Banned
Reputation score

I've beaten I and (I think it was) III and super mario 1, etc. But at the time, I could spend a couple hours at a pop getting through a difficult section. So maybe the difference is that I don't expect to spend that kind of time weaving through various invincible and/or reanimating enemies anymore. Growing up does that to your time schedule.

Last edited:

Passerby

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

actually 100% on game are full ragnarok enemies even the random thngy someone mentioned

bat > Familiar
Zombie > Derp
Orc zombie > Axe armor zombie
Hydra > Tentacles
injustice > Spike throwing guy
Zealotus/Zherlthsh > Whip chick
Red Ferus > Dragon
skeleton & shield skeleton > Derp, but really just generic castlevania skeles.
Raydric > Ghost armor
Raydric Archer > Ghost armor with bow
Dark Frame > Invincible asshole picture frame
Pest > Squirmy nibbly worms
Myst > Fuzzy invincible blob with the shield
Ghoul > Green zombie
Mandragora > 1st Boss, plant
Necromancer > Thunderbolt spamming jerkface on the bridge.

does any left out?
Fix'd
If you want to be nitpicky, the skeletons would need loincloths and little shoes to pass off of RO skeles. If you wanted you could call the shield one a Skeleton General but...eh. Sometimes a skeleton is just a skeleton.
The little worm things that pop out with the pests also aren't really named enemies, just...worms, I guess. I think he mentioned that on the blog as well.

Also, the pixiv links show he's made up a bit of a sprite sheet for a succubus enemy, so there's that to look forward to.

There's actually a sort of rogue's gallery up that shows some enemies he hasn't added yet. The aforementioned Succubus, the pink blob ("ooze"), two combat maids (Alice and Aliza), and bug thing (Look like a thief bug/cockroach, but kinda generic so hard to tell.)
And of course, his post also mentioned "malicious perros", which I guess would be bad dogs. So I'd guess either wolves, or more likely evil poodles. Also mentioned adding a separate animation for the Ghouls...maybe....someday.

If he actually implements all the content he's thinking of adding, I really wouldn't blame him for putting it on DLSite. (Well, maybe a little.) Even so, one of my more favorite ongoing works. And the fact that it's not just a Castlevania clone but a kind of fun one makes it that much better.

Edit: As far as difficulty is concerned, the teleport key can help quite a bit. [LShift]

Last edited:

Yukikaze

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

been a new post on his site but i have no idea what its saying lol

gameguru777

Lurker
Reputation score

If the early animation of the plant and the general looks of the last area are anything to go by... I'm not sure I'd enjoy an ending animation for the last boss. Most likely would be guro of some sort... and that's not cool with me... though others may enjoy it.

Krim

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I remember having played this game a long time ago...
and so far it seems the author has only added one new boss (the dominatrix)...
Man sure takes his time :(

Fiend

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Tip for everyone before last boss every time you save your HP goes back to full and in the room before the final save there are a bunch of lamps that drop the jewels to use your powers so you just farm those till you have enough to spam the powerful cross power and boom she dies very quickly to it so the boss is super easy. You just got to find little tricks like that to get ahead in the game.

lurkersama

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I remember having played this game a long time ago...
and so far it seems the author has only added one new boss (the dominatrix)...
Man sure takes his time :(
Maybe you should pay him more. ;)

Zboczuch

Demon Girl
Reputation score

For the game's difficulty... agreed, any game of the Castlevania series is way harder. Then again, it's not the point of a h-game to be ridiculously hard, now is it?

For paying: I wouldn't mind paying him, but once he finishes the game. Period. Otherwise it might be counter-productive, don't you think? Consider this: you get donated to keep up the work on the game, then - POW - you finally complete it. Then what? Make a sequel? Why bother if you can keep the game a WIP? That's all I'm saying.

EDIT: By the way, I've beaten it. Easy as pie once you get the timing right. Well... except for the dino perhaps. But throw icicles at it and then just whipspam. Won't even notice where its hp bar went.

Last edited:
Reputation score

The third boss's finisher apparently involves turning the main character into Slave Leia.

I am pleased.

TheJester2009

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Somebody apparently ignored his warning. He posted saying that if it isn't taken down by the 31st, he's gonna block foreign ips.

|Alien|

Lurker
Reputation score

Somebody apparently ignored his warning. He posted saying that if it isn't taken down by the 31st, he's gonna block foreign ips.
The Parabolic Hyperbole's link go only to the post where is described the Bad End.

Kyrieru

Sensei
Reputation score

Heres a save just before the last boss, for those of you who can't get to it.

Wolfwood

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I had misread the posts it seems. I just spent the last hour trying to nail the timing right for the Dominatrix fight. I feel so... Saddened when there wasn't another area. Boo me. Anyway, does anyone know if theres any downloadable skins for the game? It would seem that there could be.

Games Dude

Lurker
Reputation score

Game was updated; final boss now has a finisher scene, but I haven't beaten her yet so I don't know if there's more afterwards.