What's new

torkenstiem

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Trainer Games

Difference as I see it is that in trainer games main character does the corrupting instead of being corrupted. Both usually show the same thing, but from different perspective - 3rd person in trainer games and 1st person in "corruption" games.
ah, so it just depends on what role the MC is, thx :)

Kasreyn

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

whats the definition ofa trainer game again? seems like it all boils down to turnin the "trainee" into a slut, a devoted slut to one master but still, aint that the same as corruption?
Well, there seems to even be disagreement on that point, at least, I constantly see a certain type of people whining about a game even having the *option* of the game including a "public favors" mode (ie., where as a sign of the master's total control over and degradation of the slave, they are forced to sexually service third parties). Some people, if they had their way, would apparently expunge this entire option from the genre.

So if you dig deep enough into any genre of ANY media offering or artwork - game, movie, music, doesn't matter - you will always find these disagreements about what "counts" and what doesn't. There really isn't an objective definition of this that I know of.

Departing from torkensteim and responding to the thread in general:

This all ties back in to why I think it makes more sense to go with an inclusive standard, even one that risks being over-broad, rather than an exclusive standard that might weed out some borderline-trainers. At least for now, that is, while the genre is still pretty sparse (can it even be called a "genre" when there aren't even two dozen games in it yet?). We can afford to get picky later once we have the good fortune to be up to our upper lips in trainer games. Beggars can't be choosers, and right now we are beggars.

Personally, I subscribe to threads like this and others because of certain interests, but those interests overlap. I don't insist that an H-game must be a "pure" trainer with no other elements. Who knows, maybe someone will make a game that has both the trainer element and some other element, Z, that I also happen to like! Now, imagine for a moment: what if the board for element Z also chose to enforce an unrealistic, purist stance that "only pure-Z games are real Z games"? The result would be that neither the trainer board, nor the "Z" board, would include the "trainer-plus-Z" game - which means it would have no chance of gaining any traction in either area, and I, a fan of both elements, who am subscribed to BOTH threads, would still fail to learn about a game that miraculously fits my needs perfectly. This would be the ultimate fail, both for game devs and for fans.

This is why I say any game that has a significant portion dedicated to some sort of trainer element (I'd personally say a quarter or more of total playtime) is worthy of at least being mentioned in a thread like this as "semi-trainer" or "partial trainer" or some such. "Includes some trainer elements". Don't people already do that on non-smut video game messaging boards, where they describe a game like it's a food recipe? "Well, it's a FPS, but there's also a role-playing element and it has a deckbuilding minigame..." Well hold on a minute there, cowboy, which is it?? The answer is, it's all three, and it deserves mention on all three boards, obviously, that way anyone who has an interest in any of those things can find it.

Sorry for the tl;dr but I really find this purism completely irrational, sorry.

dullman

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Difference as I see it is that in trainer games main character does the corrupting instead of being corrupted. Both usually show the same thing, but from different perspective - 3rd person in trainer games and 1st person in "corruption" games.
I wouldn't agree with since for me the trainer game is something like slavemaker in which we have many stats and options in which gives us different output (in the case of of slavemaker it will be a kind of character training end or type of slave). And second your division between 1st person and 3rd person is kinda misleading since in good trainer game we also able to train our main character, the real difference is kinda that for corruption game the focus is on 1st person whilst in trainer game the focus is on 3rd person (but it doesn't mean that the 1st person perspective isn't in game).

Basically i do not know any good trainer games besides slavemaker (since princess trainer etc. is too linear to be called trainer game for me and the russian game which is popular i never tried since mentioned cannibalism is somewhat keep me from trying it).

AltairPL

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I wouldn't agree with since for me the trainer game is something like slavemaker in which we have many stats and options in which gives us different output (in the case of of slavemaker it will be a kind of character training end or type of slave). And second your division between 1st person and 3rd person is kinda misleading since in good trainer game we also able to train our main character, the real difference is kinda that for corruption game the focus is on 1st person whilst in trainer game the focus is on 3rd person (but it doesn't mean that the 1st person perspective isn't in game).

Basically i do not know any good trainer games besides slavemaker (since princess trainer etc. is too linear to be called trainer game for me and the russian game which is popular i never tried since mentioned cannibalism is somewhat keep me from trying it).
Well, maybe wording of the second part of my post is kinda unfortunate, as it was meant as extension for the first part - to be exact 1st/3rd person division was aimed at corruption only and not other aspects of the game, like training, etc. . That said, I believe our points of view are exactly the same, or at least very close, and the misunderstanding comes from a fact that my English skills could be better... way better ;).

EDIT: Hmmm, after thinking about it for a while I think I know what you meant. When I hear "corruption game" I automatically think about playing as female MC with story or player's decisions corrupting her bit by bit. But there are some games where MC does the corrupting by means other than training the "victim" per se (drug, mind control, ...) - so yeah, my answer for torkenstiem's question probably wasn't the best, all things considered. Heh, that's the main reason why I hate genres, categories, and similar crap, and I usually divide things to the ones I like and ones I dislike :D.

As for "Jack-o-nine-tails", which is probably "the russian game which is popular" you mention, IIRC, cannibalism is easily avoidable if you don't take your slave to the butcher and don't think about where does the the meat on the market comes from ;). Game is pretty good by itself and few guys at hongfire are working hard to make it even better - tweaks, content, you name it... I'm not a fan of cannibalism as well, but I think I can recommend it to you with clear conscience.

Last edited:

torkenstiem

Tentacle God
Reputation score

so yeah, my answer for torkenstiem's question probably wasn't the best, all things considered. Heh, that's the main reason why I hate genres, categories, and similar crap, and I usually divide things to the ones I like and ones I dislike :D.
its ok, i like what you said. i think my favorites are where you only play asa female MC that can be blackmailed, tricked, drugged, etc. until she turns into a complete slut, then i get bored at that point. i havent really found a game like that, that can get me to the end of it unless its gotta good storyline.

Kasreyn

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Do you think someone, a mod maybe, could update the OP to include the fact that PT:G is completed?

Sketch Turner

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I'm currently working on a trainer game based on Final Fantasy 7 where you train Tifa. The demo is here:

/posts/heartlocked-demo-5468961
just add this on the end of the patreon link

Kasreyn

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Looks good! I'm a big FFVII fan so I'll check it out. I assume you'll be bringing Aerith and Yuffie in on the fun?

May I make a suggestion? Remember that in the plot of FFVII, Hojo in the board meeting said he was planning to "breed" Aerith because his experiments would take longer than her lifetime. Later he turns himself into a Jenova monster. There are lots of options here, including: Hojo becoming a monster and raping Aerith, or Hojo attempting to force Aerith to mate with his other "beloved specimen", Nanaki. (Dunno if you are interested in including a bestiality / preggo angle though.)

I also like the idea of Tifa being broken down and trained as not only a sex slave but a fighter, perhaps a Turk. There's something delicious about the ex-AVALANCHE terrorist being forced to serve the company she hates! :)

dragoon93041

Tentacle God
Reputation score

There's a few other ones that have come out, including Korra and Rogue but they really aren't worth mentioning since they are incredibly unfinished.

tropic

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Update on SM

mega[Dot]nz/#F!r4hVmKxD!_u18hvM94USq2DpEUmTndw

Kasreyn

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Does anyone else think Loganid's "The Dark Lord's Trip" would count as a trainer? It appears to be a sort of Akabur-verse Disney Princess trainer, built into an RPG Maker type shell. Early days yet but looks promising.

RealKorra

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

i'm speaking to the Mindbreak Studios's person who are in charge of Korra Trainer game, just lots of discussions with the game and all. i even have offered my help with the game.

EggsBenedict

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Would be nice to get an update on Korra Trainer. I still think SunsetRider's Korra art is the best and closest to the original I have seen but I'm fine with different art styles as well.

Devilbringer

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Anyone know of any good sim brothel games where you train girls? I have tried
my slave brothel

Slave brothel 3D

and a few patreon games.

EggsBenedict

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I've only really played old ones like SlaveMaker which I'm guessing you have already played.

There is a stealth Riven Trainer in Noxian Nights but that isn't really the same thing since you just get one girl.

I like trainer games more than slave maker games most of the time, it feels more personal to focus quality content and scenes to slowly break 1 girl rather than having generic scenes for many girls. Plenty of room for both types of games tho :D

black990

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Anyone know of any good sim brothel games where you train girls? I have tried
my slave brothel

Slave brothel 3D

and a few patreon games.
Try jack 0 nine tails there are 2 version: Classic and a modded version by hongfire the last version is 1.7.3 (there is a 1.7.4 version but it may be a bit buggy)

black990

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

So until now the first page does not contain:

Library Story: and
Super Mom:
The patreon page of Korra trainer:
Something Unlimited

my slave brothel Brothel management:
Slave brothel 3D Brothel management:

Slave Lord a slave management game:

TDLT is it a trainer? :

And the Corruption game Adventures of Tara!:

Missing anything?

Last edited:

SunsetRiders7

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I would classify Something Unlimited as a trainer game.