What's new

ACT Abandoned [The Zeta Team] Project X: Love Potion Disaster (Latest Build: "NExT" 2019-01-29)

jur07dbe

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
Re: Project X: New update v3.5 Released 14th May 2012

I've always considered Zu being an out of place character. She doesn't look like any of the other either. Does RockCandy have such a big ego?

SilentSilth

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

...Yes.

Xerther

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Rockcandy probably contributed to the project somehow and therefore has demanded and/or been offered to have the character (zu) implemented into the game so that he is not forgotten.

SethK

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

If I remember correctly, Rockcandy was offered to have her in the game in exchange for the bestiality animation he did awhile back. There was a debacle over it because it was, according to Zeta, supposed to star.. Zeta. He instead put one of his own characters in it, and according to him, she never specified who she wanted in it. They fought (Publicly on both ULMF and on the Project X forums), and at the outset Zeta was planning on pulling Zu from the game because of it.

I don't know if they ever resolved the issue or what, but Zu is still part of the game, so...

Papanomics

Lurker
Reputation score

They probably chose Zu to be fair to RC.

Honestly, development on Zu wouldn't have stopped despite her not being included in the game. They would have just cut that data out of the demos until it was finished.

Amy, Cream ect work and sprites are not going to be ignored, they are just not going to be included after this update.

I see no reason to worry, but strong agree with Amy > Zu.

You've got big and busty, Rogue.

Ample and resistant, Zeta.

Small bodied victim, Zu.

Submissive male, Tails.

Seems fair.

piss_taker

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Its not coming isn't it? :(

Learch

Lurker
Reputation score

That's what she said! Ohohohohoho...

It'll be some time. These people work slowly, mostly because they have an insane bottleneck with spriters (they have like 2, so it takes a lot of time because of that). Also, the spriters work INSANELY hard on details, so it always comes out good.

Cappy

Reputation score

I've always considered Zu being an out of place character. She doesn't look like any of the other either. Does RockCandy have such a big ego?
To be fair, as somebody who works hard on the game, is it such a big thing to ask that his one dedicated character be included in main development. I mean, Zeta is around after all. She's out of place, but I think that's intentional, to add a non-sonic character for those interested in non-sonic characters.

Papanomics

Lurker
Reputation score

No child, I'm afraid not.

Another month, another botched demo launch. I think they do it on purpose.

Last edited:

SethK

Reputation score

Meh. Once it's out, it's out.. Life may have come up and forced one of the development team to delay their portion.

Papanomics

Lurker
Reputation score

It's about to be ten months since the last update.

Shit sucks. Hard.

EcchiExpress

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Shit sucks. Hard.
Forget the last update, when was the last stage update? Over 2-3 years ago? Pretty ridiculous, can only hope that their new development plan will speed things up and stop getting sidetrack with extras

SethK

Reputation score

Shit sucks. Hard.
I agree. Especially since it's been waaaaaaaaay too long since the last stage update let alone the last demo update.

But, they're not selling the game. It feels wrong to bitch and whine about it when they're making a free game in their spare time, and a good quality one to boot.

Papanomics

Lurker
Reputation score

It feels wrong to bitch and whine about it when they're making a free game in their spare time, and a good quality one to boot.
You're right, it does feel wrong...

But that's never stopped me before.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Papa learned his lesson about what can be criticized after paying for crap.

Papanomics

Lurker
Reputation score

If it took 3 years to get stage three done, I see this game being left incomplete halfway through.

They aren't timely and they aren't reliable. How the hell was this going to be released in February if they still had so much work to do?

I don't want to get the ass kissers mad, but even if it's a free game, have some sense of ethic.

TalonHK3

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

"The game is already done, but, we had to fix last time hour bugs, and Im implementing the dialogs that are 571 FILES, yes, youre reading well, 571 file sprites in dialogs, and that takes a hell of a time to make and code, i can release the game without the dialogs, but after exposed them in the screenshots and not release the new version with them, all will complain, so, all have to wait some more."
From Zeta herself

alphaikazuchi

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

"I play the game for the story, what can I say?"

-Said no one ever.

The Lurkers Shadow

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

"I play the game for the story, what can I say?"

-Said no one ever.
Not quite no one ever. I did enjoy the story involved in this game so far and as a game without the H-content, its quite fun for me, reminds me of old style beat-em ups like Streets of Rage. The characters each having their own strengths and weaknesses adds an interesting element to it for me.

This game may or may not take as long as Duke Nukem Forever to finish but chances are, unlike Duke people won't end up sorely disappointed once it's released in full.

Papanomics

Lurker
Reputation score

So Neoeclipse just posted something about their domain and such. Most of it I ignored until he said "I can't say exactly, but it will be in this month."

Good news, but chances are...

See you in three weeks.

Last edited: