What's new

ACT Abandoned [The Zeta Team] Project X: Love Potion Disaster (Latest Build: "NExT" 2019-01-29)

ThatWeirdGuyWithaWeirdHat

The Gentleman Thief
Reputation score
Re: Project X: New update v5.8 released April 8th 2015

I don't make sprites anymore, so I don't animate, I code the animation and assemble the game, I sometimes do some anims or help the spriters, but let's say I leaved as the quality control in those terms.
Yeah spriting is what I meant.

You could probably use a dummy animation to actually go ahead and get the coding done, and when it's actually done you could just plug in the animation to the existing coding, smooth out the kinks, and it'd be ready.

Or is that not how it works? I don't code so I really wouldn't know.

AnonTheHuman

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

So do you code AND [sprite]? It seems like quite a lot for just one person.
To answer the rhetorical question, it most likely is. Also, the playtesting. Can't forget about that.

About the animations regarding Zeena and the secret enemy, how are they more complex than the average enemy? Does it have to do with extreme length, adding in many fetishes, etc?

Last edited:

zetar02

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Yeah spriting is what I meant.

You could probably use a dummy animation to actually go ahead and get the coding done, and when it's actually done you could just plug in the animation to the existing coding, smooth out the kinks, and it'd be ready.

Or is that not how it works? I don't code so I really wouldn't know.
Nope, you never know how many frames the animation will have, when a loop start or end, or where to put a sfx in the right moment, until you don't see a gif of the prototype of the base animation, you can't make even a single idea of how is going to be or work.
To be more clear, I tell my spriters what animation I want, but not the pose, or the content extra itself (like cum, big bellies, blinks, zooms, an alt pose) I leave them freedom to do it, so you will never know what it looks like until you see it finished.

zetar02

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

To answer the rhetorical question, it most likely is. Also, the playtesting. Can't forget about that.

About the animations regarding Zeena and the secret enemy, how are they more complex than the average enemy? Does it have to do with extreme length, adding in many fetishes, etc?
They are Zoomed, or with a big resolution, all in all, it covers all the screen, you will not see the usual sprite game characters, you will see them BIG, like the plant boss, and the frames are very high, meaning you will see a very fluid animation, one of the Zeena rapes are like... 200 frames or more... so you can get an idea.

Evilmonkey3

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Nope, you never know how many frames the animation will have, when a loop start or end, or where to put a sfx in the right moment, until you don't see a gif of the prototype of the base animation, you can't make even a single idea of how is going to be or work.
To be more clear, I tell my spriters what animation I want, but not the pose, or the content extra itself (like cum, big bellies, blinks, zooms, an alt pose) I leave them freedom to do it, so you will never know what it looks like until you see it finished.

You might not hear it often, but thanks. You're super cool and stuff, and we (I) appreciate y'alls work.

Zepheral

The Dark God Of Lesbians and Memes
Reputation score

They are Zoomed, or with a big resolution, all in all, it covers all the screen, you will not see the usual sprite game characters, you will see them BIG, like the plant boss, and the frames are very high, meaning you will see a very fluid animation

I mean....... please continue doing a great job, your game is great.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

Looking forward to this updating, I've found it to be a pretty good game so far so I have reason to believe it will keep being good

Good things come to those that wait.
And also to those that don't wait, because they'll also find the new update and get to play it just like everyone else
What I'm basically saying is don't worry about things too much, the only thing it does is give you more stress

axellworld

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Oh yeah, we have a 2 years anniversary of any update here )))! "I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people." - Isaac Newton.
These victims have been paying for two years for fairy tails about non existing job to not existing team. And they're still writing something like that now:
"...please continue doing a great job, your game is great..." - what job? Fooling halfwits like you?
"...You still got people who love your game and wait for it..." - relax man, they know that when review money from donation for nothing )).
And what about our swindlers? Look at that:
"...And whats with the money? We asked for donations, we arent forcing people to donate..." - how cute!!!
When somebody ask to send him a $1000 for creating a cancer healing spell for you - he does not force you to pay money for that, he asks you. But this is called fraud and in some countries you can go to jail for that.
ADMINISTRATION! Having lost all credibility these scammers use your website to deceive people!

Nightverge

#1 Hero
Reputation score

I've been lurking the PX:LPD since way back. While release times and dev participation may fluctuate all over the place, there is one certainty:

The fanbase and community loves drama. It's probably best if we just leave this thread alone until content comes out, everyone will be happier that way.
Fuck's sake you guys.

Can we just discuss the game itself, or not at all?
I for one am hoping for more tentacles, because there can never be enough.

AnonTheHuman

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I for one am hoping for more tentacles, because there can never be enough.
Agreed. Maybe even the secret enemy will have some tentacles.

We'll find out soon...

axellworld

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Can we just discuss the game itself, or not at all?
I for one am hoping for more tentacles, because there can never be enough.[/QUOTE]

Man it's not discussing the game. It's discussing your hopes, am I wrong? )

kittenmittens

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I've found it to be a very interesting phenomenon that people will more readily attack things that are being delivered for free than things they've had to pay for. Investing your money into something directly connects you to the product, you become a part of the decision making process in a way. People feel obligated to defend things they've put money into because otherwise they've made a bad investment. When they're just getting it for free they'll happily shit on it. Very ironic facet of human behavior.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

At least your shitposts can be comprehended by someone that's got a slight grasp of the English language. That other guy and his diarrhea though...

Can't we just ban him? He brings nothing of benefit to this forum (or anywhere else, I suspect).

zetar02

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Oh yeah, we have a 2 years anniversary of any update here )))! "I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people." - Isaac Newton.
These victims have been paying for two years for fairy tails about non existing job to not existing team. And they're still writing something like that now:
"...please continue doing a great job, your game is great..." - what job? Fooling halfwits like you?
"...You still got people who love your game and wait for it..." - relax man, they know that when review money from donation for nothing )).
And what about our swindlers? Look at that:
"...And whats with the money? We asked for donations, we arent forcing people to donate..." - how cute!!!
When somebody ask to send him a $1000 for creating a cancer healing spell for you - he does not force you to pay money for that, he asks you. But this is called fraud and in some countries you can go to jail for that.
ADMINISTRATION! Having lost all credibility these scammers use your website to deceive people!
Hoahoa, look at that, what are you trying to demostrate?
You're someone really butthurt to complain for something that you didn't put a cent in, aren't you? If you would had the time to look around instead trolling, you should know already all the work that was done, so, no one will believe already that shit of job 'undone', is all on my forum, oh right *facepalm* you can't see it, you're already banned. Sad, sad.
I wonder what face will you put when the next update get released, so keep saying stupid things, is kinda fun actually seeing how you're trying so hard to convince the people about something false and get on your nerves, look at your forum reputation, you don't convince anyone. xD
Don't worry, you will see soon Tails getting his ass nailed again and enjoy it. Have a good day~

AnonTheHuman

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I've found it to be a very interesting phenomenon that people will more readily attack things that are being delivered for free than things they've had to pay for. Investing your money into something directly connects you to the product, you become a part of the decision making process in a way. People feel obligated to defend things they've put money into because otherwise they've made a bad investment. When they're just getting it for free they'll happily shit on it. Very ironic facet of human behavior.
That's completely true, but for some reason, Project X just seems to have the unfortunate luck of attracting completely toxic people. More so than any other h-dev I've noticed.

TalonHK3

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

That's completely true, but for some reason, Project X just seems to have the unfortunate luck of attracting completely toxic people. More so than any other h-dev I've noticed.
Furries are the puncjline of the internet, mobians (sonicfurs) arte the punchline to furries who they should be friends with. So Project X getting targeted by insecure people is expected especially with such a long time between updates.

Nightverge

#1 Hero
Reputation score

Looking at his profile, 9 out of 10 posts were bitching about this game. I just realized I've been feeding the trolls again, my bad folks.

ZETA! Any thoughts on the few ideas we crapped out for stage 6? They're on page 158 of this thread, and somewhere on the PX forums

EDIT: Thx anon, I fat-fingered the hell outta my keyboard.

Last edited:

AnonTheHuman

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Looking at his profile, 9 out of 10 posts were bitching about this game. I just realized I've been feeding the trolls again, my bad folks.

ZETA! Any thoughts on the few ideas we crapped out for stage 6? They're on page 156 of this thread, and somewhere on the PX forums
It's fine. The next time the person pops up it would be better if everyone just collectively ignores it.

And uhh... on the off-chance of me sounding like a prick, you sure it's page 156? Mostly just arguing on that page from what I'm looking at.

Last edited: