What's new

ACT Abandoned [The Zeta Team] Project X: Love Potion Disaster (Latest Build: "NExT" 2019-01-29)

HristValkyrie

Reputation score
Re: Project X: New update v5.8 released April 8th 2015

Lol

Anyway. What ever happened to Rock Candy's character Zu?

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score

Rock candy fell out with zeta and all years back

Miles Kjeller

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Rock Candy is still active on the forums and is working with another artist to get Zu updated.
I believe she'll only be in Evil Mode and Arena though.

Fenril

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I don't even remember what Evil Mode is, or how to access it. Wasn't it removed a long time ago?

Miles Kjeller

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

From what I gather, it's just a harder version of the main game.
Don't quote me.

y0sman

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I believe it was a mode where you wouldn't have any clothes on at all, so if you got hit you wouldn't have the opportunity to escape. I can't remember if it was planned to have different bosses, or if some parts of the game would just be a little different (like the exact location for fighting a boss).

Resaiyu12

Lurker
Reputation score

If i recall the stages/bosses would be the same, the only difference is you were naked (can't resist grabs), and the story (the girls were corrupted by Venus already, so now they're trying to spread her will)

AnonTheHuman

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

A bit late as of now but there was a post yesterday stating they need funds (214 dollars) to continue hosting the site. So, if you got a dollar to spare, throw it their way and we'll have the project X forum for another 2 years.

HristValkyrie

Reputation score

So in 2 years will people have to fork over more money for the forums again?

Looking forward to a preview of the next stage when that time comes.

Miles Kjeller

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

So in 2 years will people have to fork over more money for the forums again?

Looking forward to a preview of the next stage when that time comes.
The donations are completely optional, to help shore up the fact that I host the forum and site out of my own pocket.
Just asking for a little help this time round.

EDIT:
The first goal was reached.
Discovered my provider has a hefty discount at 3 years, so I've added further "stretch goals" if anyone still wants to chip in.

Last edited:

ThatWeirdGuyWithaWeirdHat

The Gentleman Thief
Reputation score

Has anyone else noticed the Project X game devs are being unusually silent? Zeta has barely said anything about any recent progress and NoPenNameGirl hasn't even been on the forum since February.

R

Ryka

Silence is a good thing when diddling with game development. It shows progress is busy being made.

Rayzeroa

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Yeah it's when you hear footsteps outside, a car door slam and then an engine start you should feel worried.

It is nice being included in development but I'm assuming it's boring repetitive stuff or tweaking which doesn't really lend its self well to an interesting update post.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Has anyone else noticed the Project X game devs are being unusually silent? Zeta has barely said anything about any recent progress and NoPenNameGirl hasn't even been on the forum since February.
Well, seeing as everyone was BITCHING UP A STORM when they'd tease everything they were doing...

Maybe, just maybe they've figured out how to not upset internet spazzez

zetar02

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

There is no alarming, we just did a Discord server for the group of PX, and we all are chatting there and giving some notices there, or lil anim loops of the progression. So, sorry guys, the game is not cancelled, althought seems some of you really wants to see that. Better luck next time. :eek:

AnonTheHuman

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

There is no alarming, we just did a Discord server for the group of PX, and we all are chatting there and giving some notices there, or lil anim loops of the progression. So, sorry guys, the game is not cancelled, althought seems some of you really wants to see that. Better luck next time. :eek:
I think I'm able to understand how you came to the conclusion that some people want this game to bite the dust. But, I assure you there would be more people that would be sad to see the game die than people who would be glad to see that the game no longer has support.

Also, yes. It is still alarming to some degree that there's been little to no communication. You certified that work is still taking place on the game, which I'm relieved about, but the fact that communication is next to nonexistent (the last update about the development of the game was on February 6th from what I've been able to gather) is a problem. This is putting aside updates on the forum itself or other aspects that aren't directly tied into the development of the game but they're still appreciated nonetheless.

Let's get a few things straight. Long times between posts aren't inherently bad. A plentiful amount of updates about the game and few updates about the game both have their pros and cons. I also know you and the team have lives outside of this project and aren't being paid a stable amount of income for the work you're doing on Love Potion Disaster. There's also the fact that creating posts and up-keeping the site takes time and/or money.

However, when fans of the project like me are kept in the dark for long periods of times with no warning beforehand or so much as a glorified sign post saying "hey, we're still working on the game," it should be expected that some people will start questioning what's going on and become antsy.

we just did a Discord server for the group of PX, and we all are chatting there and giving some notices there, or lil anim loops of the progression.
Also, ^^^ this. Just having a post like this or in some format of "(this much progress has been made) for (reason)" on the forums (or someplace else) every now and then would be a godsend. No, I'm not asking you to stick to an insane update schedule like Zell and go into every technical aspect of what's going on, but having an update once a week, hell even a month, it would definitely quell the impatient/skeptical ones and there would at least be some coherent form of schedule that could be looked forward to by the true fans and members of the community of Project X.

If I was incorrect about any info or retarded during some points of this post, feel free to chew me out/correct me.

Last edited: