What's new

ACT Abandoned [The Zeta Team] Project X: Love Potion Disaster (Latest Build: "NExT" 2019-01-29)

Bluflare

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Re: Project X: New update v5.5 released 8th August 2014

"I have to be honest, after releasing the version, with or without bugs, I feel a lot more relieved now.
I'm going to make a little FAQ about things I've seen around:

3.- Why theres no custom rapes this time like tentacles, horses, etc?: In this Stage, and to change the things a bit, we bet this time for more elaborated rapes and more quantity, I will explain myself, the duration are larger and much more fluid, with different poses in the same rape, we designed costumes and gender bend for the characters, we added new fetishes putting some emphasis in what people asked for, theres two bosses, with two rapes each one, not just one, and they are pretty complex, they arent simple loops, we added custom sfx for some of the enemies, so yeah, this time you don't have custom rapes for all, but hey, I think you got some GOOD ones, at least I love them myself, other thing is if they fit your tastes or not.
This literally screams lazy honeslty I love the way each person had something different with the elaborate rapes, and this honestly makes the gallery boring for me now because everything is exactly the same.

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

Only major concern right now is the Mansion lagging like a bitch for what seems like most everyone. Other than that, I'll see what they do once stage 5 is out and they have animations for Blaze and Cream (though that may be a long while :p)

Deekin

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Anyone having lag issues in the Mansion should disable the BGM. No really, that's the actual cause of it. If you don't want to have to go through it in silence, you could re-enable the BGM right after and it will use the title screen theme instead. This will only last until you hit a loading screen though.

Update is mostly solid, aside the new way the galleries are handled being pretty terrible (not unlocking them, I mean actually using them), the ghosts being able to hit you when their invulnerable (which can fuck you if you were trying to jumpkick them and they decided to move a pixel up/down and go invuln and then rape you) the (minor nitpick) kind of lazy looking redrawn sprites in some places (For example, the Sonic rape where you're on your back looks like recoloured Zeta sprites each time because of the shoes) and of course, the music issue.
Will look forward to the next update as per usual. I hope that at some point there will be a CG gallery (including the GO animations and loading screens).

textbook703

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I thought it was a superb update. Best stuff I've seen yet from the Zeta team.

+I really enjoyed the music in this one. Feel like the musicians behind games often go unnoticed, so it's important to provide them with the praise and support you'd provide front-runners like artists and designers. Also, hanging bridge song rules.

+The individual art styles in this stage ended up meshing well. On the forest level for example, the chaos were neon, the spiders were jungle-colored, and there was a random jungle horse... I mean the horse has several of my favorite animations, but jungle horses aren't a thing haha. Point is, the enemies previously felt like ideas that were totally separate from the level design. This level's enemies felt very cohesive and similar, like they'd be on a team together.

+I've tugged it so many times to the incubus and succubus that later in the day, I felt like I was pissing acid. Big fan of the incubus and succubus (and also the werehog). Though the incubus animation is a little confusing; I think he should have fewer details. When two high-detail characters are fucking, and they're already kinda weird shaped, it can be hard to understand what's going on. Still great though.

[if you don't know what I'm referring to with the acid piss feeling, click here]
I'm only putting this here because I thought that I had an STI for a while, and this forum is probably full of people with similar, uh, masturbatory habits. If you ever masturbate, and then your dick hurts and it feels like you're going to piss no matter how hard you try to piss, you're normal and don't worry about it. Turns out, if you masturbate too much in too short a period of time, your urethra will get inflamed and cause you severe discomfort and considerable pain.
-Music issue sucks but isn't hard to fix. Idunno the logistics behind it but I imagine they could just release a new version with the song swapped for a different one.

-The werehog should have had longer cum animations when knotting. I wanna hear that pumping noise more than just 2 or 3 times.

-Definitely, definitely needs to be a "fast-forward through the rape animation" button, or a straight-up "skip" button.

-The nightmares (big neon/black things) are too large, and often will obscure animations, especially on the hanging bridge level.

-I don't get the point of the ghost girl's room.

-The birthing scene was kinda gross. That's an extreme fringe fetish, and I don't think it should be in-game by default (or at least it shouldn't be associated with a mandatory, unavoidable enemy).

Darkarbiter

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I thought it was a superb update. Best stuff I've seen yet from the Zeta team.

+I really enjoyed the music in this one. Feel like the musicians behind games often go unnoticed, so it's important to provide them with the praise and support you'd provide front-runners like artists and designers. Also, hanging bridge song rules.

+The individual art styles in this stage ended up meshing well. On the forest level for example, the chaos were neon, the spiders were jungle-colored, and there was a random jungle horse... I mean the horse has several of my favorite animations, but jungle horses aren't a thing haha. Point is, the enemies previously felt like ideas that were totally separate from the level design. This level's enemies felt very cohesive and similar, like they'd be on a team together.

+I've tugged it so many times to the incubus and succubus that later in the day, I felt like I was pissing acid. Big fan of the incubus and succubus (and also the werehog). Though the incubus animation is a little confusing; I think he should have fewer details. When two high-detail characters are fucking, and they're already kinda weird shaped, it can be hard to understand what's going on. Still great though.

[if you don't know what I'm referring to with the acid piss feeling, click here]
I'm only putting this here because I thought that I had an STI for a while, and this forum is probably full of people with similar, uh, masturbatory habits. If you ever masturbate, and then your dick hurts and it feels like you're going to piss no matter how hard you try to piss, you're normal and don't worry about it. Turns out, if you masturbate too much in too short a period of time, your urethra will get inflamed and cause you severe discomfort and considerable pain.
-Music issue sucks but isn't hard to fix. Idunno the logistics behind it but I imagine they could just release a new version with the song swapped for a different one.

-The werehog should have had longer cum animations when knotting. I wanna hear that pumping noise more than just 2 or 3 times.

-Definitely, definitely needs to be a "fast-forward through the rape animation" button, or a straight-up "skip" button.

-The nightmares (big neon/black things) are too large, and often will obscure animations, especially on the hanging bridge level.

-I don't get the point of the ghost girl's room.

-The birthing scene was kinda gross. That's an extreme fringe fetish, and I don't think it should be in-game by default (or at least it shouldn't be associated with a mandatory, unavoidable enemy).
Thought I was the only one when that same peeing feeling considering that I have bad.....masturbatory habits. Also, that birthing scene was ugly. After seeing that, I lost all will to jack it for that entire day. (I do it at least 3-4 times everyday)

blued

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Is there a gallery somewhere of the various loading screen pictures? Most of the time they load too fast for me to do more than glance at them.

an anonymous

Banned
Reputation score

Is there a gallery somewhere of the various loading screen pictures? Most of the time they load too fast for me to do more than glance at them.
no loading picture gallery mode jet but you can try to screenshot
that's how i catched most of them:)

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I really like the whole "reincarnation" unbirthing scene. It was very sexy~.

textbook703

Reputation score

I really like the whole "reincarnation" unbirthing scene. It was very sexy~.
I just don't see how childbirth -- something that is almost unanimously thought of as a terrifying and undesirable risk implicit in the act of sexual intercourse, and that is INFAMOUS for being thought of as repulsive -- could possibly be sexy. When people watch childbirth videos for med school, or just normal sex ed in a lot of places, they complain that it's easily one of the most disgusting parts of the whole experience. I mean, you're watching someone's body being twisted, stretched, and ripped into absurd, incomprehensible forms (outside the very specific context of childbirth).

Yeah yeah, different strokes for different folks. But this is an extreme fringe fetish. I'd rate it up there with gore, scat, and vomit. Hell, childbirth even fits the definition of gore: "gruesomeness depicted in vivid detail" (gruesome is defined as "horrifying and repugnant").

I don't think it should ever, ever be associated with mandatory content in a game like this.

reddo

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

I just don't see how childbirth -- something that is almost unanimously thought of as a terrifying and undesirable risk implicit in the act of sexual intercourse, and that is INFAMOUS for being thought of as repulsive -- could possibly be sexy. When people watch childbirth videos for med school, or just normal sex ed in a lot of places, they complain that it's easily one of the most disgusting parts of the whole experience. I mean, you're watching someone's body being twisted, stretched, and ripped into absurd, incomprehensible forms (outside the very specific context of childbirth).

Yeah yeah, different strokes for different folks. But this is an extreme fringe fetish. I'd rate it up there with gore, scat, and vomit. Hell, childbirth even fits the definition of gore: "gruesomeness depicted in vivid detail" (gruesome is defined as "horrifying and repugnant").

I don't think it should ever, ever be associated with mandatory content in a game like this.
But when you say "in a game like this", you are already talking about a game with a huge variety of fetishes that is pretty much trying to please everybody. Including those with fetishes you dislike.

Accept that not all things are meant specifically for you and ignore whatever it is you don't like. I am not particularly fond of this fetish, too, nor do I like many of the others present in the game, but Zeta and the others wanted to include them and they can do that. And in the end, it doesn't bother me in the slightest, nor should it bother you. It is not even mandatory, as you can avoid it easily. They don't even detract from the rest of the game.

This is also not the first game which tries to include a huge variety of fetishes. One would assume everyone should already be used to seeing things that don't target them by now.

Also, the only kind of game that should reaaally try not to include "fringe fetishes" are those being made for money. Which is definitely not the case here.

graysock

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

smells like piranha plant all over again, hope this time they don't buckle from the whining.

Personally I don't care about this fetish, hell I didn't even noticed it because the bosses are quite easy to beat. :p

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Didn't jellyfish birth?

R

Ryka

I love the birth. It finalizes the end result of a proper ravaging. Would it please you a little more if it were egg birth?

TalonHK3

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

I love the birth. It finalizes the end result of a proper ravaging. Would it please you a little more if it were egg birth?
Nope I like it as it is. After all this is a game all about horny monsters wanting to knock up anything that moves so something like that makes perfect sense.

DarkWarpalg6

Sex Demon
Reputation score

It did take me by surprise when I was playing as Tails, first animation was a relatively innocent and affectionate fuck, then it's OMG TAILS IS A GIRL AND JUST GAVE BIRTH. Personally, I thought it was hilarious, even more than the awkwardness of Sonic raping Tails.

R

Ryka

Honestly? The only gripe I would jump in is that Amy doesn't have a more satisfied face while being ravaged by her crush.

ElLurker

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Honestly? The only gripe I would jump in is that Amy doesn't have a more satisfied face while being ravaged by her crush.
This, you'd think she liked getting knotted and knocked up by him.

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

True, but on the other hand, she wants to bang Sonic, not get ravaged and impregnated by possessed Were-Sonic.

textbook703

Reputation score

But when you say "in a game like this", you are already talking about a game with a huge variety of fetishes that is pretty much trying to please everybody. Including those with fetishes you dislike.

Accept that not all things are meant specifically for you and ignore whatever it is you don't like. I am not particularly fond of this fetish, too, nor do I like many of the others present in the game, but Zeta and the others wanted to include them and they can do that. And in the end, it doesn't bother me in the slightest, nor should it bother you. It is not even mandatory, as you can avoid it easily. They don't even detract from the rest of the game.

This is also not the first game which tries to include a huge variety of fetishes. One would assume everyone should already be used to seeing things that don't target them by now.

Also, the only kind of game that should reaaally try not to include "fringe fetishes" are those being made for money. Which is definitely not the case here.
I don't know why everyone has to jump to the extreme on topics like this. I'm not saying that I spewed vomit all over my monitor when I saw the birth scene. I'm not saying that I'm incapable of simply ignoring it -- and anything else I don't like -- and continuing on my way, enjoying the game in spite of those things. I'm merely saying that I don't think fringe fetishes should be associated with mandatory enemies in a game.

(And yes, you can dodge all the rapes in the game if you spam two directions as you jump and then attack in midair. The point is that I don't want to engage that enemy because one of its rape animations is, to me, a repugnant turn-off.)

Sifer2

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Sucks that Rockcandy left cause Zu is gone. Though strangely Evil Zu is still around lol. Seems like without him they cut back some on the animations reusing the same for everyone which is disappointing.

New stage was also annoying. Besides the framerate drop those Ghosts have beaten the sandworms as most annoying enemy. Enemies are also so tanky it just takes a while to fight through so many of them.

Did like the new boss fight though. I agree you would think Amy would have a unique animation on Werehog Sonic grabbing him an not letting him go or something haha.