:mad::mad::mad:

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Re: The Reputation Hilarity/Insanity thread

Oh, I see what happened. Pervy saw that you pointed out his triple posted and saw that he was neg repped and put two and two together. So strange for someone so clearly intelligent to be trapped by correlational thinking.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I thought you were talking about the same Pervy that I was thinking about, and then you said Intelligent and now I have no idea what you're on about.

Go home toxic you're sober.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

It is rather harsh in a way, isn't it? I've seen random users cuss and attack game authors for bugs or delayed releases and recieve far less of a backlash for something thats, basically, an unwritten rule no one new here can know about, and I'm apparently not the first one to fall for. Add to that a controversial topic, fun times.

Smarter people than me have gotten trapped in correlation, statistics is a bitch like that. No offense, wounded animals bite back and all that. *chuckles*

As for Mamonos smack talk, intelligence is of course hard to measure based on a few forum posts, but an indicator could be if you are able to switch up your phrases, or keep repeating the same word multiple times in a single sentence, without stylistic intentions.

Geesh, so much for first impressions. I should propably hug someone soon to make up for that, eh?

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

This is the everything else section. These are the users who run the board and make a community for the silly terrible side project of the H section to grow like a tumorous lump, but it's benign, and thus we ignore it. This is where people who have known of each other for years can discuss actual things with some class. The H section walks the line of tolerable before being banned; the line walked in this section is one of tolerable before being called out on their behavior. I'd say the community at the H section is less comparable to us than they are Yahoo/Youtube commenters, and I'm a mod there.

Crawdaddy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Also, from my observation, the turnover of comments is just too fast to be able to hypermoderate in the H-section, as opposed to here, where the rate of posting is slower. I could be wrong, though.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

This is the everything else section. These are the users who run the board and make a community for the silly terrible side project of the H section to grow like a tumorous lump, but it's benign, and thus we ignore it. This is where people who have known of each other for years can discuss actual things with some class. The H section walks the line of tolerable before being banned; the line walked in this section is one of tolerable before being called out on their behavior. I'd say the community at the H section is less comparable to us than they are Yahoo/Youtube commenters, and I'm a mod there.
Interesting analogy. a tumorous lump that the forums are famous for as it keeps throwing hentai at people, theres a bizzaro fiction story for you right there. Another thing I can't know as outsider.

That said, to bring this thread back on track, I must say that my slight knee jerk towards Ranger Princess was inspired by extremly hostile a response, on this everything else discussion.:

Hello logical fallacies and corporate shilling. It's nice to see you again. Now go back to the hellpit abyss where you belong.
I do hope thats not a regular tone on discussions/rep thingies around here.

Crawdaddy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I do hope thats not a regular tone on discussions/rep thingies around here.
We have some members here who are quite into being suspicious about The Man, and don't like it when people confront them with rational arguments that not everything is part of a secret agenda.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

We have some members here who are quite into being suspicious about The Man, and don't like it when people confront them with rational arguments that not everything is part of a secret agenda.
Nothing wrong with being suspicious, or asking questions. What annoys me is that they never question their own information first. *shrugs*

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

HEY NAO! I get all my information from top of the line, remote controlled drones!

But yeah, you're going to get chewed up pretty good here, esp in the rep department, if you're new and discussing something controversial.

Just know that:
1. It's NOT ok to -rep RP
2. It doesn't have any impact if you -rep anyone since you're in the red so it doesn't count, and even if you were in the green your rep power is so low you can't affect most of the users here. That's why most of us will sign our reps!
3. You are going to get -reps that make no sense at all.
4. You are going to get -reps from people that don't like your argument, but can't refute it.
5. Eventually you're going to run into one of our 'brick wall' posters (I dunno, am I considered one yet?), the nickname is in reference to what arguing with them fells like talking to.

R

Ryka

Rep does matter in a meta-physical level. Just like positivity and negativity affects nature around you. Please review this science experiment for more conclusive results on how positive and negative behaviors can affect ever living thing around you.

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Also, from my observation, the turnover of comments is just too fast to be able to hypermoderate in the H-section, as opposed to here, where the rate of posting is slower. I could be wrong, though.
You have no idea.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

HEY NAO! I get all my information from top of the line, remote controlled drones!

But yeah, you're going to get chewed up pretty good here, esp in the rep department, if you're new and discussing something controversial.
(List of stuff)

You forgot that, sometimes. You'll just randomly get a blank positive rep or negrep.
Sometimes on a post that is completely generic and has nothing you consider rep-worthy in it

It just happens, sometimes.
Also sometimes people will be really mean to you in negreps just for the sake of trolling, they seem to get a kick out of it

Honestly, I'd say just don't pay too much attention to the rep system, it's not so much a system to show how well liked you are, and more just a way to leave anonymous comments on eachother's posts

Crawdaddy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Sometimes on a post that is completely generic and has nothing you consider rep-worthy in it
Yeah, in those cases it can be that someone has just thought that you've been consistently making good posts, and so the uprep you as a poster, but not necessarily the actual post they're repping on. I've done that, though I always sign mine.

Honestly, I'd say just don't pay too much attention to the rep system, it's not so much a system to show how well liked you are, and more just a way to leave anonymous comments on eachother's posts
True, but it can get frustrating in terms "what did I do now?!" Especially the blank ones. And the anonymous abuse, of course.

R

Ryka

I caught wind a long time ago of a certain "yakuza" if you will that is responsible for a good amount of negreps around the forum. Most likely there are those people and their opinions do not matter much. Do not feed their ego.

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

I caught wind a long time ago of a certain "yakuza" if you will that is responsible for a good amount of negreps around the forum. Most likely there are those people and their opinions do not matter much. Do not feed their ego.
Such conspiracies and delusions of grandeur.

Status
Not open for further replies.