The Lone Survivor (Tyagor) GM'd by dragoon93041

OP
dragoon93041

dragoon93041

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: The Lone Survivor (Tyagor) GM'd by dragoon93041

Aria North: HP = 70/98, PP = 34, EP = 25/34, CP= 77 Status: Fine

Unfortunately for Aria, Aspia was using her fists, which Aria had always had trouble dealing with. Also, Aria had forget the knots on her sword. It looked a little hopeless until the sword blazed with white fire. The knots and scabbard were burned away, allowing her to draw it. That same fire, however, meant that her attack on Aspia caused her to burn as well. However, she did manage to knock out Aspia with her a full swing

The other two remained a problem. Habi's voice was once again getting into Aria's head although this time, at least, she managed to shake it off. Ilara was a problem, though. She may have looked meek but she produced a spell that sent a wintery blast through Aria, chilling her to the bone and causing her body to respond a little less strongly. The cold soaked even farther than that, though. Her mind was getting numb and it was getting harder to think. She could hear the crashing getting closer, however.

Attack roll: 84 + ... you know what, it doesn't matter. You hit. Even with a -20 to attack for doing nonlethal.
Damage: 6 + 6 + 31 = 43
Aspia is knocked out.

Habi: Siren Song
Resistance: 30 + 2 vs 19 + 19 ARIA WINS

Ilara: Cone of Cold
Casting: 15 + 19 vs 30 SUCCESS
Damage: (5 + 1 + 3) * 4 = 36 (Ignores Half of AV)
Aria takes 28 damage!
Resistance roll: 19 + 6 vs 30 ARIA FAILS
Aria gains 1 stack of Weakened (-10 to all non-damage rolls and Dodge)
If she gains 1 more stack, she will be unable to speak or think clearly or use Powers or cast Spells.

Last edited:

Tyragor

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

"N-no! Aspia, don't!" Aria cried out as she stepped back, trying to frantically pull her blade free. When the flames ignited burning away the ropes Aria wasted little time delivering a quick and decisive blow to the side of her head, bringing her down. Aria attempted to dance out of the way of the sudden wave of frost but felt it impossible. She shuddered, feeling her limbs stiffen against the blistering cold. "I-Ilara stop!"

The song, would that disable her? She had to make a decision fast, else risk losing momentum. If the song enraptured her again it would be over, but that chill could not be ignored, what if Ilara had other tricks up her sleeve.

"Forgive me!" she cried, launching forward to deliver a quick blow with her blade to take Ilara down. She did her best to focus on the fight at hand, attempting to shut the song out.

Keeping up Blade Dance, attacking Ilara non-lethally.

OP
dragoon93041

dragoon93041

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Aria North: HP = 62/98, PP = 34, EP = 25/34, CP= 77 Status: Fine

Note:
Two mistakes made:
1) Battle Dance has done, up to this point, 8 damage to Aria.
2) Aria should have failed the resistance roll against Habi's song.

Ilara went down quickly, crying out as the fire burned her. Just as she turned to face Habi, however, the song burrowed into her skull. She couldn't think of what to do next. She had a sword, so she was fighting someone but her opponents were defeated already. She tried to think of something but couldn't. She didn't even notice Ahael's disappearance.

A warhammer's head tore through the ceiling above them but even that wasn't enough to get Aria to do something. Just as Aria decided that maybe this wasn't so bad and Habi looked so hot anyway, the hammer descended and smashed Habi into paste. A woman in plate armor, minus the helmet, descended. She had green skin but looked, other than that, completely human. "You eejit. Ahael's nothing but trouble!" She looked at the red mess she had made. Then she picked up her hammer and made a mess of the room. The idol was destroyed, the summoning circle was broken to bits and the pages were the only things left of the bookcase and most of those were dust. The woman was yelling profanities the whole time. Then she finally noticed Aria. She visibly forced herself to calm down."Oh, one more? But you're not naked. Who are yew and wha' happen' here?"

Tyragor

Reputation score

Aria prayed that she would be okay as the sword delivered a decisive blow to the side of Ilara's head. Aria took a breath and turned to Habi, moving to race towards her, she had to-...had to...huhn? The fight was over. "S-sorry Habi!" Aria bowed her head, feeling the wave of confusion wash over her, no, this was right, right? Habi was her friend so the battle was over. "Y-you did really well," Aria praised, blushing faintly, rubbing her arm nervously. Habi was so pretty, even just thinking about her made Aria feel so...giddy and light inside.

The sound of the crashing did little to rouse her, besides a cry of horror as Habi was smashed into the ground. "A-ah!" she cried out but paused. Was she under the damn spell again? She made a face, inching away from the gore as she watched the berserk green skinned woman tear about the shrine, smashing the relics and icons.

Provided the spell ended with her abrupt and violent death. "I-I am not an eejit!" she protested. "I-I know he is now! W-who do you think took out the other two?" Aria hesitated, glancing towards them, stepping over protectively. "I am not with them, who are you? What is going on in here!"

Defensive Stance

Defensive Stance – The character forsakes all attacks for the round, but gains a +10 bonus to Dodge. The character gets a free attack on any creature that attacks them in melee and misses

OP
dragoon93041

dragoon93041

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The woman came closer. As she did, Aria could see how much the woman towered over Aria. She bent down to look at Aria's face, then turned to look at Aspia and Ilara. She seemed to be looking for something. Then she nodded and shoved Aria to the side as she raised her warhammer. There was no contest of strength. Aria might as well been trying to stop the rush of an ox and Aspia's head was burst open like a melon. She then walked over to Ilara and narrowed her eyes. She looked closer and sniffed, then wrinkled her nose and shook her head. She turned back to Aria and spoke slowly and clearly, though with quite a heavy accent. "My name is Glas. You are in the wrong place. Have you seen a slimy devil named Ahael?"

Tyragor

Reputation score

Aria faced the woman down, panting softly from the exertion of the fight prior as she tried to shake the weakness from her limbs. She paused as the woman began to surge towards her.

"N-no! Wait! Stop!" Aria tried her best to stop the woman but she was tossed aside by the powerful warrior, forced to watch helplessly as Aspia was slain by her brutish savior.

"Wait!" she cried, those two didn't seem like they were here against their will, but Ilara was innocent.

Aria moved over trying to step between the woman and Ilara, ready to try to protect the helpless girl at any cost. "She isn't like the other ones!" she cried, certain she could reason with her.

"I am Aria. Glas. Ahael? Yes I...he was here moments before, he's been appearing in my damn dreams. He disappeared when you showed up!"

Prepared action to attack with Power Attack +10 to hit/damage -10 Dodge if Glas tried to harm Ilara.

OP
dragoon93041

dragoon93041

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Glas looked Aria in the eyes. Then she looked at Ilara. She leaned forward, using her oversized hammer to rest her weight on. "He's learned to do that? That's no good. Alright... Aria. That one behind you was under Ahael's control for far too long for my liking. Now, I could just repeat what I did before but if you attacked me I'd be forced to respond in kind and that's no good. I was just here for Ahael."

"So here's what we are going to do. I'm going to let her go. You watch her carefully. I can smell Ahael's stench all over her and it isn't going away any time soon. If I catch her away from you still smelling of Ahael, she goes the way of the other two. And then I'll find you and punish you for making me waste my time. Either that or you just let me take care of her now
." She stuck out a huge slab of a hand "Take my hand and save her or don't and save yourself a lot of time and energy."

Tyragor

Reputation score

"I...I don't want to fight you. Not just because you'd reduce me to paste, and not just because I t-think you're not a bad person, b-but because we should be on a team." Aria was completely resolute, but she couldn't help but tremble faintly with nervousness. Glas seemed to be a fighter on a whole other level than her. "T-that's fine, I accept. If she turns out to enact the will of that scum and there's no other choice, I'll p-put her down." She did not promise this lightly and stressed the no other choice part, but she would keep her word.

Without hesitation Aria lowered her guard and took the giant slab of a hand. "T-thank you," she knew Glas did not need to take a chance on her.

"What happens now? Can we track him down? What is going on here exactly? Was it all a trick? An illusion?"

OP
dragoon93041

dragoon93041

Tentacle God
Reputation score

"I don't know much but I know these things create some kind of field." She pushed the rest of the idol over. "It probably messed with your head. And yeah, he was here. I can tell. Now... now you leave. I'm going to knock this entire place down and then keep hunting.." Glas carried Ilara a safe distance away. It took Aria a moment to realize the storm was gone. In fact, there wasn't a cloud in the sky. Glas went back to the building and, true to her word, began to knock chunks out of it.

Ilara began to stir. "Where am I? What's going on?" Her eyes were unfocused and she seemed to have trouble staying up when she sat up.

Tyragor

Reputation score

Aria nodded, not wasting time arguing and hurried away, carrying Ilara with her. The storm was gone, confirming her suspicions, did that mean the dreams were done with too?

She watched, wondering what the hell had that kind of power as Glas began to one man demolish the place. What a shame, all her hard work, it was a cozy little place, couldn't it have been re-purposed? Aria's school of sword-fighting nuns, she smiled vainly in-spite of herself.

"O-oh! Ilara," Aria turned her attention to her. "Please don't move, you were being controlled by Ahael, it's over now, we got away from there. Are you alright? I-I had to attack you...you gave me no choice." She moved a hand to sit her back, or help her against something. Inside a desire burned, wishing that she could heal Ilara's injuries and give her some strength back.

She would feel a light inside suddenly spring forth, energy spreading through her body and leaving through her fingertips, towards where she had burned Ilara. Gasping suddenly, did she...did she do that?

I've been playing as if Aria does not know of her 'powers' if it's alright with you 3EP here on Lay of Hands for her to heal Ilara or we can wait for a more appropriate moment to bust it out.

Last edited:
OP
dragoon93041

dragoon93041

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Aria North: HP = 62/98, PP = 34, EP = 22/34, CP= 77 Status: Fine

The light washed through Ilara, then stopped. There were sparks, a lot of them, purple and blue in nature. The white light grew brighter and the purple and blue were forced out towards Ilara's extremities. The white light began to 'push' the other 'colors' out of Ilara. Some kind of liquid extruded from Ilara, a purplish slime. As the white light continued, more of it was pushed out. Finally, it was done. The white light had completely purified Ilara's body.

Then the slime began to stir. It moved and strands began to attach to one another. It massed and formed... a second Ilara? The slime Ilara looked confused. She was nude, of course, and slightly transparent. She looked at Aria through her hand. "Is this a dream. What happened? Where are the others? Why can I think again??"

Tyragor

Reputation score

Aria stared at her hands, at the scene that unfolded before her. She felt warm, not like she did when she was assaulted but unlike any other feeling she'd had before. She was...glowing? A certain radiating contentment at having done the act. As time passed it began to recede but the sensation remained.

There was little time to reflect on what happened, a clear translucent version of Ilara formed in front of her. "A-ah!" Aria stumbled back for a moment, hesitating. "T-...y-you....Ilara...!? Is that...you?"

...was this the real her? "No...tihs isn't a dream, someone came to kill...Ahael, and killed the others. It's just us now. I don't know...were you under their control? I did...something I don't know exactly what..."

She stared perplexed at the strange...person? Creature?

OP
dragoon93041

dragoon93041

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Ilara looked back and forth between her body and Aria. Then a strange look entered her eyes. She murmured something under her... breath, I guess, though she didn't have lungs any more. Then she frowned. "Extraction via purge. Variable was... succubus magic saturation. Magical talent corrupted. Ah." She was talking to herself for the most part, until the last bit where she shook her head and looked at Aria. "Thank you- uh, thank you very much. I think you saved my mind." The confidence in her tone Aria had heard just a moment ago was gone.

Tyragor

Reputation score

Aria stared intently at her for a long moment, studying her, trying to figure out what the hell was going on. "Purge...? Succubus magic? What are you talking about...? What is going on?"

She noticed the change, warily watched her, remember what Glas had told her. "So you're alright now? This is who you are...? I'm happy to have helped I'm just lost, who were they, what was happening to me?"

OP
dragoon93041

dragoon93041

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Ilara twisted her body shyly "O-oh, sorry. Sometimes I just get a little too much into things when I'm doing work." She gestured to the... rubble. Glas was gone. "Er, well, that's where there used to be a small church, until Ahael came. He killed the men and enslaved Aspia, who was the only woman there. She, in turn, enslaved me when I was lost. I was journeying to find my master, who disappeared seven months ago. Habi, I think, came from another cult of Ahael nearby."

She sighed and took a few gooey steps closer to Aria."Apparently Ahael needed a better connection here so they used me to house a kind of... splinter of his personality. He used me to cause storms. We must have enslaved over a dozen women when they came to seek shelter. Ahael took each of them."

She looked at her body, studying it from another angle "There was too much of Ahael inside of me. When you did what you did, you purged Ahael and me. Ahael's splinter is gone but I'm still here. I'm not sure how to enter my body." She turned to Aria and grabbed her hands. "But thank you so much. It was so horrible, having to do his dirty work."

Oddly, despite the gooey texture, Ilara's slimy body actually felt pretty nice to touch. The goo was as warm as a normal person's body and the slime seemed to fizzle lightly, creating a kind of pleasant tickling sensation.

Tyragor

Reputation score

Aria nodded. "That's okay, I understand, work though? What is it that you do exactly?" she asked curiously. The explanation filled in most of the holes she'd been missing and yet it didn't make her feel better. Aspia was an innocent, and now, she was dead. Saving Ilara was a slight bright spot to focus on but it did little to keep her from feeling upset about the whole thing. "The storms, I had a feeling, they were so strange to be so persistent and sudden. I feel like such a rube."

She sighed wearily. So many women, that monster escaped.

"W-wait so, I tore you from your body!? I th-thought...oh dear. That's...c-can you not...renter or...?"

She did not resist as her hands were taken, sighing. This was so imperfect! None of this was what she wanted. She moved to give Ilara a hug. "Think nothing of it, I'm glad that I could...in some way help." She moved to pull back slowly.

"So, then, what can we do now...you mentioned your master? There has to be some way to return you to your body right?"

OP
dragoon93041

dragoon93041

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The hug left Aria rather drenched but other than that, it didn't seem that it had any effect. "Yes, my master is an elemental wizard, having master every one of the 'natural' elements. I've only managed to master water so far." She frowned and examined her body more closely. "I think... maybe if we find someone who is more experienced in purging succubus energies, they might be able to disentangle my body's energies from Ahael's. I have no idea where to find someone like that, though.." She sighed.

Tyragor

Reputation score

Aria blinked and tried to brush some of it off. "Ah, wow, he sounds like an incredible man, and you can manipulate water? That's rather incredible. Do you think he could shed some light on what I just did there...? As far as I know I've never been able to use a power like that before."

She paused for a long moment and then nodded. "Truthfully I've never seen much of the land outside of my small village until I set out not too long ago. I know nobody like that either, but perhaps we could seek answers in the city? If no such person lives there surely someone within will know where we could seek one out?"

Succubus magic though, she shivered once. "Do you have any other idea where we might even begin looking? Who even uses such magic?"

OP
dragoon93041

dragoon93041

Tentacle God
Reputation score

"Your abilities appear to stem from Holy Magic. That system is outside of my expertise. While magic relies on formulas, spirit power relies on a user's innate feel for their power. It is easier to work with but can be limited, at least by magic standards. And... perhaps we should seek out a church. They might be able to do something. Do you have any idea where we are? I've been in a fog for quite a while."

Tyragor

Reputation score

Aria blinked in shock. "Holy magic? You're sure? But that's...I've never even heard of...why?" She considered the woman's words carefully. "A church then, they might hold answers for...whatever it is that I did," she declared finally.

"Oh, Um!...Well, we're a few days out of a small town. I found myself waylaid by the storm of their strange place, and a few days further from my hometown. In truth, I've not visited many places, having lived in my home for the entirety of my life. One moment..."

Aria did her best to draw out on the ground the relative position of the places she'd been, the village she was born in, the one she discovered full of monsters, the place she was in before coming here.

"In truth I'm seeking the people lost in my own village, but I have so little to go on." She sighed wearily.

"I don't mind seeking answers to your issues, maybe I'll find some answers to myself. These strange powers, this blade I discovered and its own strange abilities."

She shrugged helplessly.

"I feel so lost."