What's new

OP
Zepheral

Zepheral

The Dark God Of Lesbians and Memes
Reputation score
Re: The "I wish" thread

Y u no give me good sprite artist?

Theres good yaoi stuff if you know where to look, but yeah, its definitly niche.

Last edited:

The Fuck Boy

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I wish taxes didn't exist for food and clothes, but society says otherwise.

OP
Zepheral

Zepheral

Reputation score

I wish people are easier to deal with, most just like to get drunk on my job......

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I wish people are easier to deal with, most just like to get drunk on my job......
Zeph left out that he worked as bartender.

Awkweird_Dude

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I wish the legend of becoming a 30yr old wizard was true. If it's real, then I wish masturbating didn't count.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Sometimes I wish I could turn back time, impossible as it may seem.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I wish this hadn't been some bullshit cash-grab .

Such disappoint.

OP
Zepheral

Zepheral

Reputation score

I wish this hadn't been some bullshit cash-grab .

Such disappoint.
Jesus that game looks great, I wish it wasn't a cash grab too.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Majallis' game is moving on slowly but surely so far

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Yeah, but it's target audience is obviously people who like having their male PC get dicked (it's a bitch to get an opponent in a sub stance without killing them, but they'll mount you at the drop of a hat [because why would the dodge or defend actions prevent that?] and enjoy trying to get out of a grapple).

That's not my thing, though it's nice that they are adding stuff for the player to be dominant, there's no reason I should have to use cheat engine to manage it (and even then you're more likely to outright kill your opponent).

And on top of all that, I'm pretty sure majalis thinks new-half are futanari as I've yet to find an actual herm image they've done. As you know I'm a futa kind of guy.

All that said, if you're enjoying it then that's cool. But it can't replace a full-on futa game for me... yet.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

I never understood that. But then to each their own.

Personally right now, I would like to be able to code and make games. But then I always realize I don't have the motivation to do it anyway.

If only there was some really easy to learn/use platform to make games in

Byzantine2014

Tentacle God
Reputation score

RPGmaker maybe? It seems to be more or less simple-ish; or maybe try Unity engine for 3D game types. Map editors that come with games are usually fun to play around with too

Enrolling in a course could help with anything more, might also get you motivated to do it! :)

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

I've tried Unity

First thing the tutorial told me was to open notepad and code something specific as if it's the most normal thing in the world.
That's exactly what I can't do and avoiding that is exactly why I thought I'd try Unity. Because it said it was a platform you could try without knowing coding stuff

Havent tried RPGmaker yet, probably should

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Not only does unity require you to write your own scripts, but you also need to learn C# if you want to make any serious games with it. And C# isn't exactly the easiest language to start with

If you want to make anything beyond what RPGmaker is capable of(and even if you just want to use RPGmaker to its full potential), you'll have to learn at least some coding. Personally I'd probably recommend... Well, it depends on what you want to do, exactly. But as far as programming goes, Python is pretty good for first language(especially if you don't plan to be a "serious" programmer anyway), and pygame is supposedly pretty good for making games.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I'd start with Twine because everyone and their grandma can write in Twine, Rags and RPg maker are more rigid in requiering a lot of things, but letting you do a lot more.

Ultimately, its all about what you wanna do vs the flexibility and ease of the program. Sure, you could program an entire battle mechanic in C# But why would you want to when theres a bunch of easy ruby (rpg maker) scripts flying about.

Ultimately if a smart but almost uneducated in programming person like me can do some pretty good work with RPG Maker, thats a good starting point.

(you should be able to handle things like 'If I open the door, the wind gets in, if I don't open the door, the wind stays out' and more complicated logic puzzles like that, but beyond...

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

(you should be able to handle things like 'If I open the door, the wind gets in, if I don't open the door, the wind stays out' and more complicated logic puzzles like that, but beyond...
^ This, coding is mostly logic statements (bugs typically come from illogical statements, incorrect formatting, or grammar) and learning what term the specific language uses in place of what you'd think it should be.

Honestly I'd advise trying to manipulate code that's already working as a starting point. I've never actually tried to learn any languages but because I'm lazy and don't mind cheating I've managed to pick up alot of the basics by modifying games to make them easier. (Or in certain cases [adorevia] make the game actually work).

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

As I said, sometimes the window jams, sometimes you open it the wrong way, and sometimes you MISTAKE A FUCKING ] FOR A } AT THE BEGINNING OF IT ALL AND WASTE THREE DAYS CAUSE IT KEEPS THROWING OUT RANDOM ERRORS.. haah.. haah.. rubber duck.. rubbber duck. Ok.

I'm happy to admit that I can't do higher end coding well if at all, but with a proper program to help out, its just logic puzzles, if I were to give a final suggestion, -start- by making a part of the game that you think will be by far mechanically the hardest, for one, intros should impress, for two, now you know if you can.

Admittedly, in my case that ended up with me making an intro 10x more complicated than it neeeded to be, but thats another aspect of programming, you got like 10 ways to do what you want at any given time often, your decision what'll work best, but nothing will save you the one thing most budding gamedevelopers don't expect.. hours over hours of time.. like today I spent over an hour writing on ma game and I consider that light, relaxed fluff work.