What's new

RPG Maker The Humbling Experience. [English H-Game] [Public V0.2] [V0.3 Patreon] UPDATED!!

Xil

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Re: The Humbling Experience. [English H-Game] [Public V0.1(Updated!)] [V0.15 Patreon]

Can we use an old save or do we have to start a new game for this one?

OP
G

GreyInu

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: The Humbling Experience. [English H-Game] [Public V0.1(Updated!)] [V0.15 Patreon]

Can we use an old save or do we have to start a new game for this one?
Old save files should be 100% compatible.

Have fun!

Shadowen

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I'm just getting an "RGSS3 Player has stopped working" error whenever I try the 0.1 public demo. I have no issue playing other RPGMaker games. All my drivers are up-to-date, I also tried extracting the .rgss3a file in case that would resolve it with no luck. I'm using Win10 64-bit in Japanese locale, and the game is not unpacked in either of the Program Files directories - if this info helps at all.

OP
G

GreyInu

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I'm just getting an "RGSS3 Player has stopped working" error whenever I try the 0.1 public demo. I have no issue playing other RPGMaker games. All my drivers are up-to-date, I also tried extracting the .rgss3a file in case that would resolve it with no luck. I'm using Win10 64-bit in Japanese locale, and the game is not unpacked in either of the Program Files directories - if this info helps at all.
Hi Shadowen, I'm not sure why you are getting this error because I really can't reproduce it, I've tried with 3 different computers on 3 different Windows and it works fine.(Windows 10 included)

So, I've made some digging in the more usual causes for the error to appear and I found a very interesting comment in the RPG Maker forums, see if it helps you and let me know:

" Basically, in almost every case where that happens there is another background program involved that blocks the execution of the game.exe (which is the RGSS3-Player in question).
The usual suspects are the antivirus programs and similiar access restriction programs like internet security suites, parental guidance programs or anti-malware functions.

And the behaviour of those programs can change even without you manually updating, because all of them should automatically load updated virus/malware definitions whenever something new is out.

My first suggestion is to check their logs - everyone of their logs, because if one of them is responsible then that case of blocking will be logged. However, some of those logs are scattered - I remember one case where the user posted again one week after a negative search that another part of the antivirus had a different log, and that was responsible.

As soon as you find the responsible program, you need to whitelist the game.exe inside that program to prevent that from happening again."

If it's too long, it basically says to check that your antivirus or similar is not meddling with it for some reason.

Shadowen

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I figured it out, it seems the issue is with the RGSS301.dll provided with the game & my system.

I did try disabling all AV & security, as well as adding exceptions for the directory & game.exe to these programs to no avail. I use Windows Defender & Malwarebytes Antimalware only.

However, seeing as I've been able to run other games which use .rgss3a data files and RGSS301.dll under \system\ it really made me puzzled. So I tried copying a RGSS301.dll file from one of the other games (after backing up the one you provided) and the game now works.

So with an alternate .dll file I can get the game running, but the images are not displaying correctly - such as the left arm is cut off when I view the menu screen, if I look at her casual clothing I only see her hip, I only see half the '18+warning' screen on a new game, etc... so it's obviously not working correctly due to incorrect .dll being used.

So obviously something with the original .dll is being blocked/interfered with by something in my computer, but I have no idea what.

One curiosity is the .dll you provide is 2,509 KB in size, while the others from other games are all around 1,061-63 KB. I do believe I have all the RTP's installed - VX RTP, VX Ace RTP, 2003 RTP, & XP.

Demontom

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I just wanted to say that I'm really enjoying THEx. You've made a genuinely likable character in Kelly, so I'm thoroughly enjoying the game and am looking forward to seeing more!

Duruband

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I figured it out, it seems the issue is with the RGSS301.dll provided with the game & my system.

I did try disabling all AV & security, as well as adding exceptions for the directory & game.exe to these programs to no avail. I use Windows Defender & Malwarebytes Antimalware only.

However, seeing as I've been able to run other games which use .rgss3a data files and RGSS301.dll under \system\ it really made me puzzled. So I tried copying a RGSS301.dll file from one of the other games (after backing up the one you provided) and the game now works.

So with an alternate .dll file I can get the game running, but the images are not displaying correctly - such as the left arm is cut off when I view the menu screen, if I look at her casual clothing I only see her hip, I only see half the '18+warning' screen on a new game, etc... so it's obviously not working correctly due to incorrect .dll being used.

So obviously something with the original .dll is being blocked/interfered with by something in my computer, but I have no idea what.
WOW thank you so much, I had exactly the same problem and simply switching the dll file from a random other game made it work! I'm gonna play and test it now to see if I have the same stuff with the images.

Edit: I have the exact same thing, almost all scenes are outside of the border of the screen, still loved playing the game though.

Is it true that the end at the moment is the second full day? I did all the quests and only got 3/5 stars and the rest of the locations are closed

Last edited:
OP
G

GreyInu

Demon Girl
Reputation score

WOW thank you so much, I had exactly the same problem and simply switching the dll file from a random other game made it work! I'm gonna play and test it now to see if I have the same stuff with the images.

Edit: I have the exact same thing, almost all scenes are outside of the border of the screen, still loved playing the game though.

Is it true that the end at the moment is the second full day? I did all the quests and only got 3/5 stars and the rest of the locations are closed
I'm using a High-res dll, that's why if you change it it will revert back to original resolution. Still shouldn't cause any issues like this, I'll keep trying to find out what exactly is the problem.

And the end of v0.1 is the the second full day, the end of v0.15 is halfway through the third day when you have 3 out of five stars, plenty of side-quests to do though.

tontoman

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Stuck I think at the end of the 2nd day. I think I got all the stars (forgot to count), but maid says still have places to check to make sure it's safe for the kids.
Could really use hints or pointers on the map. It's a big area, so you tend to forget where you've been or not (especially if you don't do it in one sitting) and if you've assume you've been somewhere and you haven't..... go around forever.

But really like the story, it's humor and lightness and the slow change. Some fresh air in the many RPG games out there.

Edit: ironically 2 min after posting this, went back and it was the amusement area and the house where you meet the prostitute. Something like that could use a sparkle or something outside the front door (it's an unremarkable building). Otherwise you have to literaly have to try each and every door on every map and remember them all (if you miss one, have to start over when you reach the end). Sparkles you just have to visit every map and look.

Last edited:

chriska

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Someone has a save at the first meeting with nico? thanks!

suiton

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Big fan of the looks of the main character and I like the very slow and gradual corruption. Glad she hasn't done any hardcore or anything (in demo anyway).

hornylittleorc

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Has anyone made a walkthrough? I feel like there are so many options I am deffo missing some odd stuff - I feel like there are lots of old/fat/homeless guy action I must have missed.

Mr. Awesome78

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

On the third day here is what I've done (without trying to spoil it for anyone)

Been to the health spa.
Been to TV studio show.
Been to castle place and had a dance.
Done the two town hall jobs.
Did the comic store job.
Done the corset scene.

Police station, diner, mall are closed. Got three stars for third day.

Can't figure out how to get the two hospital jobs to appear though. Are they definitely in this demo or have I missed something else?

PS: Really enjoying it so far. Main character is witty and sexy, and packed with an awesome bush :D

Quist

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Been to the health spa.
Been to TV studio show.
Did the comic store job.
Done the corset scene.

Can't figure out how to get the two hospital jobs to appear though. Are they definitely in this demo or have I missed something else?

PS: Really enjoying it so far. Main character is witty and sexy, and packed with an awesome bush :D
From what the nurse/receptionist stated on the initial encounter, the hospital jobs are apparently available after the doctor's left for the day/during the evening/night. I've no idea how you make it evening/night, though.

Last edited:

hornylittleorc

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Been to the health spa.
Been to TV studio show.
Did the comic store job.
Done the corset scene.

Corset scene? I can't seem to find that one

Brian100

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I can't get into the medieval fair on day three.

Mr. Awesome78

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Corset scene? I can't seem to find that one
It's the building where you go on the very first day and find the boy with the prostitute.

Go there and you get a scene with one of the students.

Brian: Do some of the things I've done and then try go there. Once you get there the guards tell you that you must be in costume. Accept and then once you have the costume you can enjoy the scene in the fair from the guy in the tent.

PS - To the dev of this game...

You've done a great job so far. Much like the game from P and P who make Lily of the Valley, you've created a game which teases and is very sexy. This is something a lot of the writers miss out on and go straight for the hardcore stuff. Or they seem to be obsessed with blow jobs. Don't get me wrong, in real life they're are amazing, but bj after bj in a video game is pretty kack.

Last edited:

hornylittleorc

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

It's the building where you go on the very first day and find the boy with the prostitute.

Go there and you get a scene with one of the students.

Brian: Do some of the things I've done and then try go there. Once you get there the guards tell you that you must be in costume. Accept and then once you have the costume you can enjoy the scene in the fair from the guy in the tent.

PS - To the dev of this game...

You've done a great job so far. Much like the game from P and P who make Lily of the Valley, you've created a game which teases and is very sexy. This is something a lot of the writers miss out on and go straight for the hardcore stuff. Or they seem to be obsessed with blow jobs. Don't get me wrong, in real life they're are amazing, but bj after bj in a video game is pretty kack.
I cant seem to trigger it., did I need to do something else first?

Mr. Awesome78

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I cant seem to trigger it., did I need to do something else first?
Hmm. I just went along and it happened.

You already saw then scene in the bedroom with the 3 students and the teacher yes? Well the next day you see the maid outside the hotel and she tells you...

TV station is fun, 2 jobs at the town hall, speak to everyone at the medieval fair, 2 jobs at the clinic (which I can't trigger) and some other stuff.

When you walk into the boutique/brothel place, the student should be in there talking with the shop assistant.

Or perhaps a choice in the bedroom with the three student girls matters? Did you scream at the guy walking in the room, or did you choose to cover the student? I chose to cover the student and perhaps this has a different outcome. No doubt the dev will give some insight if he pops on again.

TheMagister

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I think you mean the health club (the gym) and not the clinic. I feel like the dev should maybe change the naming because it is pretty confusing but there it is.

Also, I would assume the corset scene is only available if you covered up the girl in the bedroom.