What's new

Abandoned The Hentai Highschool 2 Remake

cyrandl

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: The Hentai Highschool 2 Remake

I loved both Hentai Highschool Games. (even though the second one was buggy^^")

I could code in C# but I'm kinda busy with my own project.
Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks for all the work! I'm curious to see the new Version. :eek:

lord_toker

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Every time I try to go to the next day the game crashes on me. I'm using the latest version and I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong. Thanks.

Here is the error:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'
at WindowsApplication1.Form1.days()
at WindowsApplication1.Form1.Button1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.1434 (REDBITS.050727-1400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Henthighschool2
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/downloads/Henthighschool2beta0.95.15/Henthighschool2.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.1434 (REDBITS.050727-1400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
Accessibility
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Last edited:
OP
Cypress_z

Cypress_z

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

So you know, I'm the writing head for the project, herding the cats that are the other writers. I'm not anywhere near a skilled programmer, and generally have no idea what makes your program crash.

Our forum, however, does have such individuals. If you post your information there, they might be able to help. Keep in mind that we didn't program the previous versions of the game, although the creator of HHS2 does show up occasionally there, and would be your best bet for help with problems.

I will say that although HHS2 is about 95% complete - it's still incomplete, and can be buggy at times. Certain interactions can really screw it up, although I have no idea why.

IceLancer

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

this is a much easier version then the first game is. For any new players there is also a pre saved game which comes with the download so if you want to get some practice on an almost perfect game start from the saved when you download.

I'm unable to join your forum which sucks, there was a few things i wanted to add/ask so hopefully posting here they were be seen. I'd like to add i didnt read over most of the topics so i may repeat an idea/question.

That last 5%, what is it exactly? I've played the game and it seems there are several things not matching up, the most common is the text/images used so far is only for the male characters and currently nothing for the futa principle.

will the cat girl virus be brought back? several of my friends dl'ed the first game simply because of that.

in the first game and second game there were encounters with students where i would have liked an interaction with the student other then just saying: your in trouble, carry on or stopping to watch. in the first game it was normally something a cat girl was doing or some points in the game where a girl was doing/wearing something she shouldn't have been. In the second game it was girl doing/wearing something she shouldn't have been and the exhibitionism club.

will my assistants ever get more skills for helping the player? though iv'e only played it a few times all the way through and used the same teachers so i dont know if the 3 or 4 i didnt pick would have a second skill instead of one skill like most of the staff. On the spy cams ive seen what appears to be student council members or prefects around the school, would it be possible to get them to assist me with something in the school if certain stats/combination of stats are high enough? (such as sex, behavior, fun, moral)

when i look at the students page it says no in clubs to all students, will this be fixed or since it doesnt matter will it be left alone?

the other school on two, which is suppose to be the poorer school, all the prices are the same as the default school. if its in a poorer area wouldnt the prices be different and the pta work differently?

bug thing, sometimes ill only get one weekend day and then a day or two later ill be given the other weekend day. this has messed up some encounters i had where i reloaded but this bug happened and i didnt get the entire encounter again.

might add more later

does anyone have a good strategy for hentai highschool one?

so i just went and downloaded the latest demo from the site at the top of this page and it seems to be way less then 95% done, the v2 link at the top is more complete then the demo.

Last edited:

reaver_87

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Haven't heard from here for awhile. Is the project still going on?

OP
Cypress_z

Cypress_z

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Haven't heard from here for awhile. Is the project still going on?
My apologies for not talking about this for a while, but I've been down with Bronchitis and our lead programmer has been sick as well, so not much progress lately on the new version. It will probably be a good while before you see HHS3.

But feel free to check in with us. We're still working on it.

IceLancer, I'll answer your questions in a while. At the moment, composing long replies is a bit beyond me. It's hard to think when you have to stop and cough before you can write a sentence.

Last edited:

IceLancer

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

thats ok, im also on the other site (same name)

demongod

Lurker
Reputation score

My apologies for not talking about this for a while, but I've been down with Bronchitis and our lead programmer has been sick as well, so not much progress lately on the new version. It will probably be a good while before you see HHS3.

But feel free to check in with us. We're still working on it.

IceLancer, I'll answer your questions in a while. At the moment, composing long replies is a bit beyond me. It's hard to think when you have to stop and cough before you can write a sentence.
hope u and the other person get better soon m8

reaver_87

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

May you have a swift recovery:)

OP
Cypress_z

Cypress_z

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Alright folks. I'm happy to announce that things are rocketing into overdrive over on our forum. There is not one but four games currently in development, several with downloadable demos, one which qualifies as a full game (being a continuation of HHS2)

Here's the list of all projects, past and current.

HHS1: The original game by Poolka. Finished. He is not a member of our site and does not make games anymore. The link is at the top of the thread.

HHS2: Atztek's game, a remake of the first, and basis for most new projects. Finished. Link is at the top of the thread.

HHSC: Abaise's continuation of HHS2, incorporating content that Atztek never got to add. Work is continuing, and new random events will probably go here first. In testing; playable. New demos come out often. Still fairly buggy, as Abaise is basically rebuilding HHS2's base code. This is the latest download (will be obsolete in short order).

HHS+: Atztek's second game, a complete remake of HHS2 with a new system. Demo mode. Events are open for anyone to write, as far as I know, although they are incorporated at his discretion. This is in an early Demo state. (Note, expect this link to be obsolete VERY quickly. Guy is updating several times a week, testing out gaming features. Don't expect a true playable demo; this is more of a display of the framework.) For the latest demo, visit our forum. I'm not even going to try to keep this current beyond this first post.

HHS1R, by Hedonismbot. He is not a member of our site, and has posted on this one himself. You'll have to PM him or look him up to get his game. This is a playable game and a remake of HHS1. You probably won't be able to give him any events as he clearly wants to do his own thing, which is fine. I highly recommend his version to anyone that wants to play it. It is extremely fun and he has some great ideas.

HHS3: The primary project of the site, a complete remake of HHS2 by Zythen with a new system. There are short demos out that are basically just framework testing, but the actual coding won't be done for a while yet, as there is a lot of behind the scenes work left to do. Events specifically for this game are being planned by the writing team, headed by myself. If you want to write events for this game, please see this thread on our forum:

Enjoy!

IceLancer

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

so cypress, about those questions i asked... can i get an answer and if answered in the other forum which topic?

this is a much easier version then the first game is. For any new players there is also a pre saved game which comes with the download so if you want to get some practice on an almost perfect game start from the saved when you download.

will the cat girl virus be brought back? several of my friends dl'ed the first game simply because of that.

in the first game and second game there were encounters with students where i would have liked an interaction with the student other then just saying: your in trouble, carry on or stopping to watch. in the first game it was normally something a cat girl was doing or some points in the game where a girl was doing/wearing something she shouldn't have been. In the second game it was girl doing/wearing something she shouldn't have been and the exhibitionism club.

will my assistants ever get more skills for helping the player? though iv'e only played it a few times all the way through and used the same teachers so i dont know if the 3 or 4 i didnt pick would have a second skill instead of one skill like most of the staff. On the spy cams ive seen what appears to be student council members or prefects around the school, would it be possible to get them to assist me with something in the school if certain stats/combination of stats are high enough? (such as sex, behavior, fun, moral)

when i look at the students page it says no in clubs to all students, will this be fixed or since it doesnt matter will it be left alone?

the other school on two, which is suppose to be the poorer school, all the prices are the same as the default school. if its in a poorer area wouldnt the prices be different and the pta work differently?

bug thing, sometimes ill only get one weekend day and then a day or two later ill be given the other weekend day. this has messed up some encounters i had where i reloaded but this bug happened and i didnt get the entire encounter again.

iamnuff

Tentacle God
Reputation score

i tryed a litte HHS+ but i could not get ANYTHING to happen, i managed to open the school, set the detactives on everyone and buy a dildo.

sex level of the school is 0 because there are no events...

guess its not playable yet

accureye

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

lol man i totally forgot about this game thanks and glad to see a new version hope to see a full version lol

steamhare

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

i tryed a litte HHS+ but i could not get ANYTHING to happen, i managed to open the school, set the detactives on everyone and buy a dildo.

Yeah, it's still nowhere near done. And the more complete version is bugged out... Seems like it will be a while until we can expect something working.

Does the aimless wandering seem like it will quickly become annoying to anybody else, btw? Having to actually walk places instead of choosing where to go doesn't seem like much of an improvement in a game like this.

IceLancer

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

lol man i totally forgot about this game thanks and glad to see a new version hope to see a full version lol
:p glad i could revive this topic then, sadly it will die soon with no actual word from the makers.

OP
Cypress_z

Cypress_z

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I'm hoping to implement events similar to the tentacle and Catgirls events in HHS3, but it really depends on whether or not I can work it in. Right now we're planning to do a bunch of small schools rather than one or two big ones, each one with a few core themes. If catgirls come up as a theme, it'll be used. If tentacles come up as a theme, it'll be used. I'd LIKE to use them, but it really just depends on the school.

Yes, this is something we're working to improve in HHS3.

This is something we've discussed, and the answer is yes.
This really depends on the version you're talking about. In HHS3, students will be noted to be in a particular club or not. The other versions are up to their respective programmers.
It makes perfect sense, and it's a difference I wanted to highlight should we do a "poor" school in HHS3. If you want it altered in HHS2, you'll have to talk to Abaise, whose doing the continuation, or mention that you want this in HHS+ to Atztek.

Abaise is working on the HHSC, so you can test his continuation of HHS2 to see if the bug is still in effect, and let him know if it is. The original programmer for HHS2 is now working on a new system framework for HHS+.

As stated, it's more of a framework display right now than anything else. Atztek is testing it to ensure the bugs are ironed out before adding in events, although once he does I guarantee you events will outright explode for the game.

For clarification: I'm the writing head for HHS3, and HHS3 alone. I do administrate the HentaiHighschool forums, but I did not make the earlier games and don't control the programmers on earlier projects though I can and do make suggestions to them. The programmer I work with most closely is Zythen, who is in charge of HHS3. Zythen has a lot of his programming work done, we're just trimming things down into a reliable core system at this point. Trust me; when HHS3 comes out it WILL blow all the other projects out of the water. We've secretly been writing on a "tutorial school" with a lot of actual content, and when it is released it will be released with a fully playable school with a story to it. Unlike previous projects the events are planned out ahead of time and written according to established guidlines, rather than randomly gathered from a wide mass of events written by different people. There are still random events, of course, but they will take a backseat to story events in this game.

Last edited:

IceLancer

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

:( if they would reply i would ask them, i just assumed you would know stuff as teh head forum person and since you were taking part in making one.

Atztek is the only one that has replied to anything ive asked when it was version specific.

i actually didnt read over my own questions o.o i knew most of them hadnt been answered so i simply copied all of them.

:p so at the magic school (was that in 3 or going to be in one of the others? x.x ) there could be something like a catgirl virus and tentacles. and if yes will it effect the adult staff and/or male students or would something in their system make them immune to it while it is easily able to change the females?

=o and that sounds interesting

Last edited:

iamnuff

Tentacle God
Reputation score

so is HHS+ hentai highschool 3? because i have downloaded 3 diffrent demos from the hhs forum... and i have no idea what is what, (the one i was talking about is the one where you have to go to each area manually,

i have played hhs2 remake(?) where you press "next day" and spend your weekend learning to pick locks and hack computers.

so what is hhs3 like?

OP
Cypress_z

Cypress_z

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

:( if they would reply i would ask them, i just assumed you would know stuff as teh head forum person and since you were taking part in making one.
I know everything there is to know about HHS3, but very little about earlier games, other than anyone who has played them extensively would know. I know a bit more about HHS2 since I wrote a few events for it and followed it from the beginning, but I am not a programmer and know zip, zilch, and nada about bugs in those games, other than to say I too have experienced them. Of the new projects, I watch them carefully but am not directly involved with their creation. I am only directly involved with HHS3, and I am the writing head for that project.

:p so at the magic school (was that in 3 or going to be in one of the others? x.x ) there could be something like a catgirl virus and tentacles. and if yes will it effect the adult staff and/or male students or would something in their system make them immune to it while it is easily able to change the females?

=o and that sounds interesting
Quite possibly. I'm not going to give any specifics about something that hasn't been written yet, but it's very likely it may work that way.

so is HHS+ hentai highschool 3? because i have downloaded 3 diffrent demos from the hhs forum... and i have no idea what is what, (the one i was talking about is the one where you have to go to each area manually,

i have played hhs2 remake(?) where you press "next day" and spend your weekend learning to pick locks and hack computers.

so what is hhs3 like?
I'm not surprised you are confused. There are six projects altogether, most made by entirely different people.

The first was made by a guy named Poolka, and we refer to it as HHS1.

The second was created by an individual named Atztek, and is the HHS2 remake you've played. Most projects branched off from this one.

Hedonismbot has created a remake of HHS1, which I refer to as HHS1R (The Hentai Highschool 1 Remake).

After leaving HHS2, Atztek has started work on a new project he calls HHS+. This is currently in a test status.

Another project aiming to continue the old HHS2 game is HHSC, or the Hentai Highschool Continuation, by Abaise.

The game I am currently involved with making is Hentai Highschool 3. There are a few VERY early demos of the framework on the site made ages ago. Right now, the actual framework itself is mostly complete, but needs to be trimmed down. Event writing is the primary concern right now, and the writing team is hard at work trying to create a starting school. We're at about 45% done with it right now.

The game is not ready to play, but when it will be I can tell you more or less how it will go.

It's somewhat similar to HHS+ (Atztek based his new code off of what he saw Zythen working on) but will be much more streamlined. Gameplay will be more like HHS2 than HHS1, but will also be unique in a variety of ways.

The biggest difference between previous versions and HHS3 is that the events are designed by our writing team ahead of time, instead of being made up peace-meal by a ton of different people. So every school is a story with multiple branching paths, leading to a different ending and different experience every time you play. These paths are based on the idea of "light" and "dark", so your school could end up with happy exhibitionist nymphomaniacs or end up as a dark den of rape and depravity depending on your choices as a player.

IceLancer

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

=o well that sounds interesting

>=3 cant wait