What's new

RPG Maker The Endless World - Beginning [FULL GAME]

SerphLantern

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: The Endless World - Beginning [FULL GAME]

Got a couple more bugs for you to squash.

After finishing the kindergarten quest, I could report the success to Sorv over and over again. It could be related to talking to Brunna about the creepy kid's request after completing it.

Also, Sorv was talking about a special task and mentioned teaching combat tricks, but nothing ever happened, even after completing 3 tasks for him.

Worst bug I found were invisible men blocking the path to the hunter's area in the rain when trying to escape, so everything south of the main area was blocked. That way I was only able to recruit Kid, Brunna and Merelior and consequently got a game over trying to confront the guys at the exit.

TheByQ

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I'm not sure why would the problem occur for you... If you have a save directly before the event, could you try it again and see if the outcome is the same again? Sorry for the trouble.
No problem, I do have a save right before that point. The bug is still there, but I just noticed that it does not happen if you pick the "I was only wondering who you are" option. It happens only if you tell him that you were looking for him. Probably that's how I got past it in the first place.

Funny thing is, when I tried to fix it (or at least find a way around it), it took me about 30 minutes to realize that I'm editing my backup copy instead of the game I'm actually launching.

Attachments

Akumanoko

Demon Girl
Reputation score

A few things...

If you try to watch the hunters go out while the girl by the campfire is away trying to lure you into a trap, the event gets stuck.

I can report completing the kids quest to Sorv however many times, and nothing happens.

Sorv mentions giving me a special task the next time I see him, but then he never does.

And finally a question, how the heck DO you 'awaken' the main character's 'fighting spirit'? I'm guessing you have to do this to beat the armor maker in a fight, but I haven't found any way to do it...

EDIT: This is all in version 1.02, by the way.

OP
Hazze

Hazze

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Got a couple more bugs for you to squash.

After finishing the kindergarten quest, I could report the success to Sorv over and over again. It could be related to talking to Brunna about the creepy kid's request after completing it.

Also, Sorv was talking about a special task and mentioned teaching combat tricks, but nothing ever happened, even after completing 3 tasks for him.

Worst bug I found were invisible men blocking the path to the hunter's area in the rain when trying to escape, so everything south of the main area was blocked. That way I was only able to recruit Kid, Brunna and Merelior and consequently got a game over trying to confront the guys at the exit.
First thing - I believe is already fixed in version 1.02 and further.

Special task - changed triggers and recreated them from a scratch, although I haven't tested them myself, these should be working comfortably, allowing players to take the special mission.

Third thing - I believe you mean that you got a comunicate like 'There are men and I can't get too close to them', yes? - If that was the issue it should also be fixed now.

All these issues will be solved in version 1.04. I will be uploading it shortly - in like 30-40 minutes, after I tend to all the reported issues first.

No problem, I do have a save right before that point. The bug is still there, but I just noticed that it does not happen if you pick the "I was only wondering who you are" option. It happens only if you tell him that you were looking for him. Probably that's how I got past it in the first place.

Funny thing is, when I tried to fix it (or at least find a way around it), it took me about 30 minutes to realize that I'm editing my backup copy instead of the game I'm actually launching.
Which version do you use? Because I believe I was already fixing something about it for the version 1.02 or 1.03... It it's not too big of a problem, could you check if it's solved in the newest versions? sorry to bother you yet again tho...

EDIT:

A few things...

If you try to watch the hunters go out while the girl by the campfire is away trying to lure you into a trap, the event gets stuck.

I can report completing the kids quest to Sorv however many times, and nothing happens.

Sorv mentions giving me a special task the next time I see him, but then he never does.

And finally a question, how the heck DO you 'awaken' the main character's 'fighting spirit'? I'm guessing you have to do this to beat the armor maker in a fight, but I haven't found any way to do it...
I will check the issue with the two quests breaking each other right away. I probably missed the fact that players might NOT follow through with the respective quests before starting other one... My bad if that's the case...

Again - reporting Agraar's mission should be working in the versions 1.03 and further. I believe the issue is already fixed. Inform me, if it's not.

And also, as mentioned just few lines above: Special task should be now working properly...

As for the fighting spirit -
there are two battle skills to be learned in the game. One requires the bugged so far Sorv's special task. However this skill DOES NOT work against Darut... I, won't however give walkthroughs on the forum, so can't tell you about the way to obtain the other skill, or how to beat the Expert in question. If you REALLY need this information feel free to PM me on this forum, then I will give you the answer.

Last edited:

Darkstrain

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

i just started playing your game... and the first thing i hear is the chrono cross ending theme (the music box version)... and since that is my favorite track(of my favorite) i stopped playing and listened to it for a while... you have good taste in RPGs XD.

EDIT: and inmediatly after typing this i go and recognize every soundtrack... XD i inmediatly liked the game... you really like chrono cross (hi five)

Last edited:
OP
Hazze

Hazze

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

i just started playing your game... and the first thing i hear is the chrono cross ending theme (the music box version)... and since that is my favorite track(of my favorite) i stopped playing and listened to it for a while... you have good taste in RPGs XD.

EDIT: and inmediatly after typing this i go and recognize every soundtrack... XD i inmediatly liked the game... you really like chrono cross (hi five)
Well, sure, I do like CC and old Square games ;). I still hope you will enjoy not only the sounds ;)

Good luck with the game :D

TheByQ

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Which version do you use? Because I believe I was already fixing something about it for the version 1.02 or 1.03... It it's not too big of a problem, could you check if it's solved in the newest versions? sorry to bother you yet again tho...
Oh, I was using 1.01, I didn't know there are newer versions. I did not expect an update so soon. And you don't have to apologize, if I didn't want to help I wouldn't report the bug.

So, I downloaded version 1.06 and it's gone. It happened again on my first test but that's it, I reloaded the game, tried again and the conversation did not appear. Good job with the bugfixes.

OP
Hazze

Hazze

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

A rather important information:

If any of you encountered troubles during the group battle against four men, during the escape part, which made you stuck, I've just uploaded on the blog a new version which should get rid of this problem.

Fortunately there weren't many complains, so I hope everything went smooth for most of you.

Anyhow: Has any of you actually finished the game?
Maybe someone wants to confirm that the issue isn't all that common?

brofalla

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Talking with Kaflar:
Did all quests concerning Bona (last one: "meaning of his name");
when I select Bona in Kaflar's Mission selection, it returns me to the start of the conversation (Selection: Information, earn info...) without a text, which tells that this questlinie is finished (Agares linie at least has it).
Edit: No plan what I did, at least now there is suddenly a message that this quest is finished xD

Not sure if bug:
Started kindergaten quest -> convinced this child, which you recruit for Sorv
-> then went to Sorv and reported this quest to him -> returned to this child and identified myself as Sorv -> finished quest @Kaflar -> When I select special task @Sorv Meretrix just walks away

game version 1.06

Last edited:
OP
Hazze

Hazze

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Talking with Kaflar:
Did all quests concerning Bona (last one: "meaning of his name");
when I select Bona in Kaflar's Mission selection, it returns me to the start of the conversation (Selection: Information, earn info...) without a text, which tells that this questlinie is finished (Agares linie at least has it).
Edit: No plan what I did, at least now there is suddenly a message that this quest is finished xD

Not sure if bug:
Started kindergaten quest -> convinced this child, which you recruit for Sorv
-> then went to Sorv and reported this quest to him -> returned to this child and identified myself as Sorv -> finished quest @Kaflar -> When I select special task @Sorv Meretrix just walks away

game version 1.06
Glad everything works fine with Bonatievour part ^^

I'm not sure if I follow the second part...
Genrally you are writing about the fact that Sorv's special mission doesn't work? or something else?

I've just adjusted the trigger, so in the next release it should work again, if someone has troubles with it. Tho, I will hold the next release a bit, maybe some news from anyone, who actually finished the game comes, so I will be able to evaluate few things again.

brofalla

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

In my current save, when I select the option for special task, Meretrix instantly walks away (2 spaces like when she ends the conversation with Sorv), conversation is over and nothing happens.

Will test again with the next release ^^

fedEss

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

How awesome is this. An erotic story by an actual writer that follows whatever decisions you make? With logical effects. I love this, can't wait to find more time to play this more often.

Also found a little bug. In the area above the 'Village Entrance' with the 2 dinosaurs, if you walk straight up from the village and then to the right you walk through the cliffs. And if you stand in the right upper corner of that platform and interact you get some conversation that you're obviously not meant to see yet.

Thanks for this and good luck with the stories you're hopefully still planning to make :D

OP
Hazze

Hazze

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

In my current save, when I select the option for special task, Meretrix instantly walks away (2 spaces like when she ends the conversation with Sorv), conversation is over and nothing happens.

Will test again with the next release ^^
The issue will be solved in version 1.09. Unfortunately, I can't upload it right now, and I will do it later in the evening (in like 8 hours from now I think). Sorry for the delay as I know that few people are waiting for this fix.

How awesome is this. An erotic story by an actual writer that follows whatever decisions you make? With logical effects. I love this, can't wait to find more time to play this more often.

Also found a little bug. In the area above the 'Village Entrance' with the 2 dinosaurs, if you walk straight up from the village and then to the right you walk through the cliffs. And if you stand in the right upper corner of that platform and interact you get some conversation that you're obviously not meant to see yet.

Thanks for this and good luck with the stories you're hopefully still planning to make :D
Glad you enjoy the game :)

Just to make it totally clear... Can you give me the first line of text you get in the wrong time? And if I understand you correctly you are able to walk through a wall, yes? Where exactly? In the passage map just left from the first starting cave?

As soon, as I am done with all the fixes and adjustments I will most likely take a week or two of break from RPG Maker and then I am back to work on the new content :)

With that said, I would like to remind you guys that if you wish to support my work you are more than welcome to visit my PATREON page at: patreon.com/user?u=2443258&ty=h&alert=2 ;)

fedEss

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

"I don't feel well without Trish around" is the first line (with the interpreter arrow thingies around it that i cant use here)
It's 2 maps left of the area with the entrance to the starting cave
see screenshots
oi65.tinypic.com/16aeemx.jpg

Also I tried pledging a little 5 dollars/month for now, but I don't have a creditcard, so I was like meh I'll finish the game first. It's really uncommon here in Holland to have a creditcard because you never need it and it costs money to own one. I think this is a problem for more people. Don't expect help from me here though, dunno what's a good alternative. Maybe Paypal or something. Also you only posted a few days ago so I'm sure once this gets more attention your patreon will grow too ^^

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
Hazze

Hazze

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

"I don't feel well without Trish around" is the first line (with the interpreter arrow thingies around it that i cant use here)
It's 2 maps left of the area with the entrance to the starting cave
see screenshots
oi65.tinypic.com/16aeemx.jpg

Also I tried pledging a little 5 dollars/month for now, but I don't have a creditcard, so I was like meh I'll finish the game first. It's really uncommon here in Holland to have a creditcard because you never need it and it costs money to own one. I think this is a problem for more people. Don't expect help from me here though, dunno what's a good alternative. Maybe Paypal or something. Also you only posted a few days ago so I'm sure once this gets more attention your patreon will grow too ^^
Oh, yeah...
'Funny' thing that I've missed it...
The dialogue in there is actually... not meant to be in the game at all. I've left these few lines, just in case I will need an alternate version of some events, but so far I did not need them...

The issue will be fixed in version 1.10 when it's out. I've already fixed it in the project.

Anyway: Guys, was anyone able to actually beat the game and can confirm that it is possible to finish the game? :) Or should T rather expect more and more game-breaking bugs reports for the time being? :)

EDIT: Oh, and about the Patreon - I believe they support PayPal too :) But I'm new there so I might have misread something :)

But of course - finish the game first and if you still wish to support me then I will be REALLY grateful ;)

Last edited:

fedEss

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I believe they support PayPal too
Tried again but i really can't. Seems the problem is it being NSFW
patreon.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203913739-Can-I-make-a-pledge-using-PayPal-

Dr_Maricon

Lurker
Reputation score

Hi, first off: love the game; but I'm stuck at the first bonateviour mission. I'm supposed to retrieve the viper but I can't move past the women district, the guards won't let me pass wheter I wear the leather strat or the vine bracelet.

Is there something I'm missing or did I fucked up my progression by saving after a bug occured :v ?

Xil

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Not sure if this is the same bug but. When choosing one of the options when talking to Sorv, you end up outside his area and he keeps asking who sent you and you answer, but that keeps repeating in a loop and there's no way to get out of it.

Also, if you choose to never again speak to Sorv and later decide to leave the village, you still have the option to fast travel to Sorv even though you're not supposed to.

I collected 5 women for the end part but I still can't get past the four guards at the exit. What are you supposed to do there? Can't find anything in the village except the girl you save from the two men who later says she needs to take a breath.

If you choose to not talk to Sorv again, how are you supposed to get past Trish for Durot's armor?

And what's the deal with the woman who makes you lick her pussy? When you meet her a second time she just tells you to go away, are you supposed to be stronger in order for something to happen?

That's all for the moment really, I don't want to give my opinion on the game itself until I finish it, but I still can't figure out how to get past the four men.

OP
Hazze

Hazze

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Tried again but i really can't. Seems the problem is it being NSFW
patreon.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203913739-Can-I-make-a-pledge-using-PayPal-
Yes, You're right, the pay pall option won't work here. If you wish to support me anyway, I hope we can think of an another solution somehow :)
For now enjoy the game till the end ;)

Hi, first off: love the game; but I'm stuck at the first bonateviour mission. I'm supposed to retrieve the viper but I can't move past the women district, the guards won't let me pass wheter I wear the leather strat or the vine bracelet.

Is there something I'm missing or did I fucked up my progression by saving after a bug occured :v ?
Glad you like the game, as for the part you are at:
If you lack Expert's leather you are not really stuck, just go to the women dormitory (above your sleeping place) and check the event there twice to get an item, which will let you through during the day time.

Good luck

Not sure if this is the same bug but. When choosing one of the options when talking to Sorv, you end up outside his area and he keeps asking who sent you and you answer, but that keeps repeating in a loop and there's no way to get out of it.

Also, if you choose to never again speak to Sorv and later decide to leave the village, you still have the option to fast travel to Sorv even though you're not supposed to.

I collected 5 women for the end part but I still can't get past the four guards at the exit. What are you supposed to do there? Can't find anything in the village except the girl you save from the two men who later says she needs to take a breath.

If you choose to not talk to Sorv again, how are you supposed to get past Trish for Durot's armor?

And what's the deal with the woman who makes you lick her pussy? When you meet her a second time she just tells you to go away, are you supposed to be stronger in order for something to happen?

That's all for the moment really, I don't want to give my opinion on the game itself until I finish it, but I still can't figure out how to get past the four men.
As the issue with Sorv is quite common I will rewrite it tonight and you can expect the version 1.10 tonight, probably in an hour or two. Unless I decide to test the issue few times, then it might be a bit longer... Anyhow the fix should be available soon.

Will check the issue with fast travel soon and fix it right away, thank you for the information.

If you have 5 girls with you (excluding yourself) that's the required minimum to beat the men. And if you have less women you can't beat them - In both cases you can just walk around the village for a while, and the men will eventually be gone without a fight.

ALSO: Be sure to have the newest version of the game, as there were already two fixes to the event with the four men, check the logs on my blog for more details.

I believe that other than through Sorv, you can only make it past Trish with Myerda beaten.

Actually losing for the second time to Myerda makes you unable to recruit her, that's why she tells you to just go away. Yes, you have to be stronger to beat her.

Hope you can beat the game. Let me know, how do you like it once you're done ;)

Take care guys :) And check for the upcomming version 1.10 later!

EDIT:Maybe some of you have already noticed it. But the version 1.10 is on the blog. Hopefully it solves all the issues with Sorv.

Last edited:

Donald Faction

Demon Girl
Reputation score

i can't find Sorv am i missing an area?