What's new

RPG Maker The Endless World - Beginning [FULL GAME]

dinaida

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: The Endless World - Beginning [FULL GAME]

@Hazze
Can you help me?
Expert Kraflar said that if I answer correctly all the questions I receive information 1 point. You can learn how to properly respond? I have tried a variety of options and did not get 1 Information Point
Thanks

keith3

Demon Girl
Reputation score

@Hazze
Can you help me?
Expert Kraflar said that if I answer correctly all the questions I receive information 1 point. You can learn how to properly respond? I have tried a variety of options and did not get 1 Information Point
Thanks
@dinaida
I don't remember myself, but you should be able to limit the questions to only 16 options. The key is to try each of the 4 options to each question and read Kraflar's response. If you chose the right response Kraflar should somehow acknowledge that, though I believe for 1 response he's not as ecstatic.

Also if you screw up the first time around he'll hint at most of the answers in the following conversation.

@hazze
Though you aren't updating this game anymore, I thought I'd still provide some feedback to the creator for the future. I'm only providing a couple examples I bothered remembering (didn't document anything), so this is primarily for general ideas rather than a list of every single issue I noticed. Overall, kudos on attempting such a complex storyline, but attention to detail becomes more important. If something happens that screws over a player in a 10-hour game, they're less likely to restart compared to a 2-hour game.

One of the primary reasons I downloaded the game in the first place was because you mentioned you authored 2 books in the past. While I could tell there was more focus on the story than some other works, I was slightly disappointed by the number of spelling/grammar errors (Edit: I realize english may not be your native language so I am ignoring this) and story inconsistencies.
  • How come kindergarten boys are fluent in english compared to men? I get that part of the story said a few are chosen who are smarter than the rest, but every single kindergarten spoke the language as a normal person would.
  • Why did men in the hunter's district still fight me if I wore the expert's leather? If it was an issue of getting too close, why didn't the district guards rape me if I was right next to them? This isn't a big deal, but again takes the player out of the world you've created.
  • Where'd rando girl go? After telling me about a hidden meat location she just disappeared like some kind of deus ex.
  • It's slightly awkward for Meretrix asking Sorv about her mother. Her dead body's literally 3 screens away - as a character that would be walking between the river and his cave in the village every day you think he would've noticed.
  • I don't know how the fire past the t-rex gets triggered, so unless there are hints I missed, that could've been more obvious. As a game dev I felt someone wouldn't add dialog, new monsters, and 3 whole screens (with one having a completely different style) for teh lulz, so all I could do was visit it once a day every day until something happened.

Game breakers.
  • I still hit the Sorv special task bug :(. Might've been cause I decided to start all 4 missions on my first night like a previous post said, but after reporting about Bonatievour/Kindergarten/Armor every single time I went to him I had nothing else to report and no further conversation happened. This made me really sad cause I usually go for perfect games and I had all 9 recruits and the fire magic.
  • In the first magic cave it's possible to get stuck between 2 event tiles near the entrance. One indicating that you can't exit the cave and another indicating that you should sleep. But since the bed is behind the event tile you can't do squat about it except hope you have an extra save.
  • I know there was ample warning, but if you start Bonatievour's mission before finding a way to get to hunter's district during the day, I believe you can also screw yourself cause you're not allowed to sleep until you get to the snake. I'm not as sure of this cause I gave up before walking around everywhere.

Last edited:
OP
Hazze

Hazze

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

@dinaida

I don't remember the exact questions and answers, but I really believe that it can be solved by minding Kraflar's comments. Basically the ones which make him angry or unhappy you can cross out and just focus on the others.

keith3

Thank you for the feedback and few answers to your comments.

As for the number of spellings and grammar mistakes - the problem is, that in a book it's MUCH easier to proof read at the end, because you just go page by page... Here are at least some lines which I probably haven't read slowly after I read them. I work on the project mostly alone so I have to wait for players to point me some errors...

With boys in the kindergarten is simpler than it seems. With men at the beginning I wanted to get some speech effect, but later on with more complex dialogues I realizied it might be too difficult for the players to follow - especially in some quest pointers. I gave up on the manner just for the game purposes. Sorry if it hurt consistancy.

With men still attacking I would call it a coding mistake rather than story one... I don't remember how it was, but my guess is that I just forgot to adjust it in the right way.

Random girl dissapears after she mentions a dangerous area and if I remember correctly Meretrix even hopes that the girl won't go there... Random girl dissapears because she clearly went to the hunting area alone and was eaten...

As for the mother - well, it might not be so obvious... If you are going to shop and returning from it, do you enter a house which is on the way every time just because it's there? If Sorv was familiar with what's in the cave he could just skip it on the way.

I don't remember how fire triggers with 100%, but I am almost sure that it just requires women language, as Meretrix needs to be able to talk with Igna right after the girl wakes up.

As for the game breakers. Really sorry that these are in there...

As for the third part with Bonatievour there is a hidden way to get through it in the game, but no hints are there, but I believe it might be triggered somewhere in the Women Dormitory.

keith3

Demon Girl
Reputation score

keith3

Thank you for the feedback and few answers to your comments.

As for the number of spellings and grammar mistakes - the problem is, that in a book it's MUCH easier to proof read at the end, because you just go page by page... Here are at least some lines which I probably haven't read slowly after I read them. I work on the project mostly alone so I have to wait for players to point me some errors...

With boys in the kindergarten is simpler than it seems. With men at the beginning I wanted to get some speech effect, but later on with more complex dialogues I realizied it might be too difficult for the players to follow - especially in some quest pointers. I gave up on the manner just for the game purposes. Sorry if it hurt consistancy.

With men still attacking I would call it a coding mistake rather than story one... I don't remember how it was, but my guess is that I just forgot to adjust it in the right way.

Random girl dissapears after she mentions a dangerous area and if I remember correctly Meretrix even hopes that the girl won't go there... Random girl dissapears because she clearly went to the hunting area alone and was eaten...

As for the mother - well, it might not be so obvious... If you are going to shop and returning from it, do you enter a house which is on the way every time just because it's there? If Sorv was familiar with what's in the cave he could just skip it on the way.

I don't remember how fire triggers with 100%, but I am almost sure that it just requires women language, as Meretrix needs to be able to talk with Igna right after the girl wakes up.

As for the game breakers. Really sorry that these are in there...

As for the third part with Bonatievour there is a hidden way to get through it in the game, but no hints are there, but I believe it might be triggered somewhere in the Women Dormitory.
Thanks for the comments Hazze. And if I wasn't clear in my last post, I did enjoy the game (otherwise I would not play through it). But I'm hoping to help make your future games better :)

I noticed in the credits only you and (I think) your artist were beta testers. In the future I'm sure Patreons and ULMF forums would be happy to help beta test and fix issues for you as well, so you can produce a better quality final game.