What's new

Tentacle Souls

Genius700

Sex Demon
Reputation score
Re: Tentacle Souls

Check the village. For evolutions, I want sleep goo. Ya'll can vote for the rest of 'em.

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score

I agree with the Arouse III, I also say we invest in Tenta Arts II, Infest II or Ovipositor I &/or II; so we can begin our tentacle empire.

ArchAngelGundam

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

1 and evolve Magic Sting III. We use it enough times, might as well beef it up.

OP
Shadow

Shadow

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

I just realised that restoring all your energy when you die is just going to be a massive incentive to keep dying. So I don't think I'll be doing that again. ;)

Anyway, sorry for the delay (again) but here's an update.

Option 1, with the evolution of Arouse III is the choice.

----​

You sit on the icy ledge of this cave, pondering events. For the first time in quite a while things actually feel peaceful; the cave is abandoned (unless it's full of invisible terrifying monsters, which frankly you feel shouldn't be ruled out) and the only company you have is the wind whistling around the walls of ice.
So you decide to take the opportunity to develop a new evolution (you feel oddly refreshed by your recent death). The now familiar contortions and burning sensations wrack your body, but in short order you develop the ability to use a new spell, Arouse III.

Satisfied, you slither along this frozen cave, towards the exit you know leads to the snowy plateau outside. You make it with no further incident (remarkable in itself) and take a peak outside.

Well, it's stopped snowing at least. On the other hand, there's no movement at all; tents lie collapsed in the snow, strips of fabric fluttering sadly in the wind, but there's no sign of any Harpies - or the people who fought them.

You squirm through the snow towards the wreckage, hoping to find some clues about what happened after you died. The last thing you remember is the Barioth pouncing on the Harpy King and dragging him off the side of the mountain... but what about the people who were left? Meera, who'd fought so hard? Had they all been taken or... converted by the Harpies?

A thorough examination of the wreckage doesn't turn up any clues, which is worrying in and of itself; if your allies had simply left to go to another part of the mountain, you'd expect them to have left you a message (or maybe not, if they don't know you can come back to life via the Archcrystals...). But surely they'd have salvaged what they can from the village? The material the tents are made from is probably vital in these freezing conditions, yet so much of it has been left here.

You sigh sadly, gazing at the ashes where the enchanted flame once stood in the center of the village. It seems like there's nothing to be done.

A roar snaps you out of your misery, and you look up, sharpish. Two Blango are reversing down the narrow path that leads higher up the moutain, reversing away from... you don't know. It's humanoid, heavy-built and thuggish looking, with a shiny grey skin and mouth full of fangs. It's prodding at the Blangos with a blue triple-pronged lance, trying to skewer them. They're retreating, but growling and snapping at the figure all the same.

Interesting...

-----

Option A) Seize the intiative and use Magic Sting II to blast the muscly figure straight off the narrow, slippery path he's standing on.

Option B) Strike down the Blangos with magic, then have a chat with this new fella. Maybe he knows where everyone's gone.

Option C) This isn't your fight; retreat back to the caves and go exploring for loot in those.

Option D) Strike either the Blangos or the figure with Arouse III and watch the hilarious consequences.

Health: 30/30
Energy: 50/80
Morality: 10/100 (Hero)

Evolutions:
- Thunder Bolt I (^, but Thunder element).
- Water Bolt I (...ditto).
- Ovipositor I (Allows you to lay eggs within the orifice of a host. At low levels, these eggs are weak and may not hatch properly. Further upgrades reduces this risk. Each egg costs 10 energy to plant, but the hatched tentacle is autonomous and commanded by you).
- Dread I (Releases pheromones that make organisms more afraid. The higher the level, the stronger the effect it has, and the better it works on people (lower levels are effective mostly against animals).
- Teleport I (allows you transport small, inanimate things back to the Dimensional Nexus, or wherever you set up a lair in the future. Further upgrades allow you to move bigger, and eventually alive things. NOTE: This spell will never be usable on yourself).
- Confusion I (Launch a magical blast that can disrupt the brain-waves of a foe. Useful against well-armored creatures that aren't very vulnerable to normal attacks).

- Firebolt II (Like Magic Sting II, but Fire Element).
- Scale Armor II (tougher scales, reduce damage taken).
- (Lust) Slime Ooze II (your slime induces lust in those that contact it).
- (Sleep) Slime Ooze II (you sleep makes those that touch it sleepy. Very... sleepy).
- Perception II (20 Energy. Use body language and other subtle, chemical clues to put together a general hint of what someone is feeling at any given time. Is that a molecule of sweat? They're nervous. Are their fingers tapping? Clearly impatient.)
- Aura Detect 2.55 (20 energy. Your sense of auras is refined, and you can see them from a great distance and judge their power levels more accurately. Also allows you to faintly detect Cursed auras).
- Stealth II (20 energy required. Become even sneakier).
- Swim II (20 energy required. Can you guess what this evolution does?)
- Body Shock II (20 Energy required. A powerful wave of magical energy runs over your skin. Akin to picking up a live electrical wire. Obviously limited to close-range combat, though).
- Tentacle Arts II (20 Energy required. Recover HP through sex).
- Infest II (allows you take over more advanced hosts, and survive in them for longer).

- Growth III (30 energy required. Grow to a chunky, 6-foot long python, complete with split heads.)
- Magic Shield III (30 energy cost. Lasts longer and tougher to break than Level II).
- Magic Sting III (30 Energy required. Costs 5 energy to use, but a direct hit will send most foes flying off their feet).

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score

A snow troll getting raped by monkeys?
That's absolutely sick!

D it is

Also evolve aura sense, maybe that'll give us a clue where our friends have gone

Dracador

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I'd love to be a nice guy, but D is far too amusing

Lurker_01

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Bah come on, while its funny to act random, anyway in any Cyoa you know the right decisition else if you dont want something bad happen..
and we already taken the heroic route, lets be a polite,nice tentacle overlord and dont take these templations, also as we probably will not get any info if this amusing thing happens

OP
Shadow

Shadow

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Option B) is is!

-----​

You rise up out of the snow like a cobra, your purple, sinuous body gleaming in the feeble sunlight. Without pause you fire two Magic Sting II's, one at each Blango, and each is successfully sent tumbling off the mountainside, accompanied by an amusing little squeal.

You turn your attention to the large chap who was trying to skewer them.
"Hello!" you begin, trying to inject some cheer into proceedings. "I was wondering if -"

Which is unfortunately as far as you get before fatty spots you and roars, beating on his chest like a gorilla. The sounds booms across the mountain, and his jowls wobble unpleasantly from side to side.

"Erm, OK -" you attempt to try reason again, but the figure charges at you, his thick club-like feet smashing through the snow at terrifying speed. Instinct kicks in, and you automatically loose a Firebolt I, catching him right in the face. A couple of his fangs shatter and he recoils, screaming horribly... but all you've really done is made him angry. He shrugs aside the pain and comes charging at you again, blue spear swinging menacingly through the air. A fraction of a second is all it takes for you to decide one death is enough for one day, so you burrow into the snow, trying to hide yourself.

You're pleased to find the snow quite deep but also quite solid, as you squirm your way down into the freezing cold. You feel the footsteps stop just in front of you, followed by a pause, as though your aggressor is trying to work out where you went...
Something cold and metal spears through the snow just an inch to your left, and your resume your burrowing with renewed vigor, forcing your slender body through the tightly-packed snowflakes, forging a path ahead.
A flurry of stabs suddenly materialise all around you - it seems the thug is skewering the ground in a frenzy, in the hope of hitting you. Thankfully, all of them just miss, so at least he doesn't actually know where you've gone. Which is just as well, as your burrowing has brought you into contact with the rocky ground beneath the snow. You decide to slink along this icy-cold but otherwise dull rock, and make your way along it and up what you fervently hope is the narrow path higher up the mountain. Anything to get away from this crazy guy.

Your slow squirming beneath the snow does indeed take you up the narrow path... or at least part way up it, as you find out very suddenly when one of your heads pushes clear of the snow and finds itself dangling over an empty abyss. Below you see faint wisps of cloud, some green-ness (fields?) and something shining - water? The empty space calls to you, but you resist it, and look behind you. The grey-skinned humanoid (...Ice Orc? You're not quite sure) has abandoned his stabbing and is digging up the snow with his hands. From his loud sniffs, and the fact his furious digging is slowing moving towards you, it seems he can follow your trail...

Bugger.

-----​

Option A) Strike first from within the snow with magic (maybe Arouse III, to incapacitate him?).

Option B) Resume your cold shuffle under the snow up the winding narrow mountain path, and hope he looses you.

Option C) Throw yourself into the empty space off the mountain. Whatever's down there has to be more fun than this snowy hell-hole, and you're small enough to land with very little damage.

Option D) Other.

HP: 30/30
Energy: 50/80
Morality: 10/100 (Hero)

Evolutions:
- Thunder Bolt I (^, but Thunder element).
- Water Bolt I (...ditto).
- Ovipositor I (Allows you to lay eggs within the orifice of a host. At low levels, these eggs are weak and may not hatch properly. Further upgrades reduces this risk. Each egg costs 10 energy to plant, but the hatched tentacle is autonomous and commanded by you).
- Dread I (Releases pheromones that make organisms more afraid. The higher the level, the stronger the effect it has, and the better it works on people (lower levels are effective mostly against animals).
- Teleport I (allows you transport small, inanimate things back to the Dimensional Nexus, or wherever you set up a lair in the future. Further upgrades allow you to move bigger, and eventually alive things. NOTE: This spell will never be usable on yourself).
- Confusion I (Launch a magical blast that can disrupt the brain-waves of a foe. Useful against well-armored creatures that aren't very vulnerable to normal attacks).

- Firebolt II (Like Magic Sting II, but Fire Element).
- Scale Armor II (tougher scales, reduce damage taken).
- (Lust) Slime Ooze II (your slime induces lust in those that contact it).
- (Sleep) Slime Ooze II (you sleep makes those that touch it sleepy. Very... sleepy).
- Perception II (20 Energy. Use body language and other subtle, chemical clues to put together a general hint of what someone is feeling at any given time. Is that a molecule of sweat? They're nervous. Are their fingers tapping? Clearly impatient.)
- Aura Detect 2.55 (20 energy. Your sense of auras is refined, and you can see them from a great distance and judge their power levels more accurately. Also allows you to faintly detect Cursed auras).
- Stealth II (20 energy required. Become even sneakier).
- Swim II (20 energy required. Can you guess what this evolution does?)
- Body Shock II (20 Energy required. A powerful wave of magical energy runs over your skin. Akin to picking up a live electrical wire. Obviously limited to close-range combat, though).
- Tentacle Arts II (20 Energy required. Recover HP through sex).
- Infest II (allows you take over more advanced hosts, and survive in them for longer).

- Growth III (30 energy required. Grow to a chunky, 6-foot long python, complete with split heads.)
- Magic Shield III (30 energy cost. Lasts longer and tougher to break than Level II).
- Magic Sting III (30 Energy required. Costs 5 energy to use, but a direct hit will send most foes flying off their feet).

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score

A. Either evolve Magic Sting III and send him flying off the mountain, or just use Firebolt II. He's an ice type enemy so I assume he would have a elemental weakness towards fire. Either way should either kill him or hopefully get him to back the fuck off of us.