What's new

Tentacle Lair Evolution!

Courage Wolf

The Admin who is Raid Boss
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Tentacle Lair Evolution!

3C, its right in front of us, We've earned it and lets not forget that Zelari is our pawn, we have no reason not to use her in this manner especially if shes already wet and willing

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score

Hrrrrmmmmm........ The brave canine speaks wisdom :p

C3.

Chameon

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

-Coughcough- I apologize, I like this riddle. Reverse the ruins? We've already done two of them. Demon's hand? Hrrrm.....I apologize if I'm not as in depth whilst I think over this matter, this is listing and shall be contained in a spoiler

1: We need energy, desperately. This energy high is a short term thing. At the same time, this energy high -is- a short term thing, if we have Zelari sit back and pleasure herself right now, we're going to lose the high and any advantages it might bring. Furthermore, I suspect it would be possible to gather far more energy later if we hold off now by simply making her meet with her lover. After all, denial is a way of improving excitement.
2: Pardon me if I seem mistaken, but the ruby seems like it'd drain more energy to use, 3 seems like it'd take away some force. Mind you, it's likely that it is the most rewarding path as such unless you consider the trap, but further on, consider that she referred to Gemini, the twin lovers, so focusedly. I suspect that the Ruby might be more of a trap, and that using it might mess us up, although this could just be my paranoia speaking.
3: Demon's hand. Demon's hand. Any of those three gems could be a demon's hand by any means, red, yellow, or black. Reverse the runes taken literally would mean that they're set opposite themselves. Black would be freedom, yellow would be draining, and red would be binding. I don't like red due to this, at all. Favoring our own color sounds pleasant, in this scenario, but at the same time, the way it was said..it sounds like she was stating that fortune favors the bold in this scenario.
4: Uncomfortable with it though I may be, her statement does imply that we should go down the binding route, the red route. We've already freed her (Freedom Keyword), and we've already suffered the energy draining (Draining Keyword), which means that binding would likely turn out to be the route that we're -supposed- to do next.
5: We -really- don't have the energy to continue on this trap at the moment. We're -asking- to be revealed if we go much further in this trap. Too many negative factors plausible. Devils/demons tend to be portrayed as red more often then black. She seemed to look upon the tentacle as a lesser god, so black is unlikely to be the color, and whilst yellow might make sense, red is far more often then yellow in this scenario.
6: She states, again and again, go with yourself in the poem in regards to the maze. This states that black may yet be favored, and I'm feeling direly uncomfortable in regards to red, something about it is clicking as 'death one way or another.'
7: If we go lust mad whilst in lockdown further down the maze, I wonder, would it backfire in the same way? No offense to anybody involved, but 0 energy supposedly means we lose control completely, and that means that we'd be able to gather this energy if either of the puzzles backfired whilst we were on the high.
Much as I feel I am making a mistake in this scenario...

1A

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Fuck it, C3. Get her to whack it fast, we need to get back to lootin' that runestone!

freeko

Banned
Reputation score

There really isnt much of an option here. There is a missing runestone and now I would assume we have it. The only real decision here is to examine the stones to see if they were placed in the proper slots.

c - 3

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Voting for C3 as well, reasoning below.

Okay, had some revelations and other clues PM'd to me, was too tired to get it all down yesterday, and have been busy with work until now.

The captive in the illusion was a humanized Zelari. She had some connection to what happened inside as well, but it's not certain how much she's aware of it, and by extension, of us. Regardless, she's a half hinch from dropping to her knees and diddling herself anyways, so tipping her that way isn't likely to expose us any more. We should check her mind to see how aware of us she is, if her awareness makes it impossible for us to remain unnoticed after that, we can use this to show our domination over her openly, make her an open ally.

The gems and the runes are different, though interconnected on one level. There are also three sets of runes we've encountered with this door. The first is the runes around the gems that we learned the three incantaions from, the second is the open palm/closed fist pair we've encountered examining the maze, and the third was embedded into the altar inside the illusion, marking offering/sacrifice. I think Chameon has the right idea, with the ones on the physical door being the master list, meaning we still have one more set to find, and thusly, decision to make. Pretty sure we already handled the trials for the two gems that were already set, so all that's remaining is to see what the final has in store for us. I would much rather use our own gem to plsce in the empty socket, but it already fits gemini so well, I'm pretty sure it's on the right place. Maybe change the red and yellow, red fit's taurus better, in my opinion.

DeMatt

Lurker
Reputation score

Eh, I'll go C - 3 as well. We've still got a modicum of control; driving Zel back to Cambor will probably end that, and not getting any energy is even worse.

As to the gem... I can't think of any reason to shuffle the gems around. Mind you, this puzzle's been going over my head the whole time.

OP
tora

tora

Demon Girl
Reputation score

C3 – Get off, then get on with it! Use the red stone’s path after swapping with Yellow!

extra: probe Zelari’s mind to see what she knows.

Current Status:

Small Young Black Tentacle
Health: 40/50
Energy: 125/1500

Overlord Energy 75
Abilities: Stealth I, Infest I, Symbiosis I, Aura Sense I, Perception, Influence, Ovipositor
Host: Zelari – Harpy, light damage, recovering (unaware, symbiosis active, egged)
Items: Astral Ruby (carried, charged)

DATA:
Time: Morning
Allies: Hul’jet (Floor 1 Sigil Crypt); of Zelari: Cambor “Blades” & Ket (F2 North, both egged)
Known Entities: Runestone (F3 North), Slateblue Spawn and Necromancer (F3 East), Green & Blue Spawn (F1 South?), Demonic Aura (F2 West), Three Dead Orcs (F1))
Zelari again shifts her position, trying her hardest to ignore the sensation as she studies the engraving. She continues stubbornly as minutes pass, your energy high fading all the while. With a groan of frustration she finally reaches one wing tentatively below her waist, and realizing your tenuous position, you goad the harpy further.

Tendrils drift teasingly to life, moving just enough make an itch that she can’t scratch. Her wing rubs across her mound, eliciting a small gasp as it feathers over her clit. Her passion ignites, and you fan the flames. A small movement here, a stray thought there, and soon her insides bloom with swelling lust. You sip the first sweet drops of her nectar, savoring the taste as your vitality returns.

“Aaanngh!” she cries, half-whimpering as she vainly tries to find relief with her wings. Legs shaking, she sinks to the ground and begins rummaging through her pouches with one claw. Drips of fluid splash across the ground as the overpowering scent of female arousal assaults you.

You slip a tendril through her cervix, caressing the inside and then sending a small surge through the egg to accentuate your point. Her body responds on instinct, sucking covetously against the tendril. You can feel heart beating as she finally produces a smooth wooden dildo from her pouch.

Without hesitation she plunges its length inside herself. “Aaaah–ahh!” A shiver of pleasure races down her spine. Chasing after it she thrusts up and down, gently spreading her lower lips as she presses on deeper. Awash in her love, you decide to help her.

Three tendrils snake down toward the wooden head. The first links into her, to better gauge her response. The others guide the toy with deft precision, bringing it up against each fold before finally leading it to her most sensitive spot. She reels with pleasure, riding it on a one-way trip to bliss. With each rhythmic contraction she comes closer. One wing rubs her breasts while the other attends to her clit, moaning with each stroke.

Her body responds in a concerto of sensation that you conduct with finesse rivaling any maestro. As the final thunderous movement you thrust all your tendrils up against her walls, striking at her weakest point and then tracing separately along her smooth walls. You join her in ecstasy, living each moment in slow motion. Her eyes roll back. Legs splay apart. A stream of girl-cum sprays out from her quivering snatch and you can see every drop as it flies and then spatters across the floor. You draw out the moment for as long as you can, immersed in a high better even than the last.

Your tendrils drift languorously, tracing lines across the wet walls of your host. This is how it should be. You idly probe your host’s mind for traces of awareness, breathing a sigh of relief when you find none. There’s confusion over the remnant visions, but nothing that implicates you. Content, you bask in the energy washing over you.

It’s only some time later that you fully recover, attention drawn by the gate. Red lines of fire race from where Zelari’s juices touched it, growing stronger as the wetness seeps across the floor towards it. The runes spring to life, and you barely have presence of mind to summon forth the red gem before the first light strikes you. Zelari also bolts upright, acting on your suggestion to place the topaz at the top.

As she touches moves it into place the light turns yellow, striking you full on as the circle of runes completes. Blistering heat buffets you as you’re flung into the astral sphere, a black expanse of nothing. The only defining feature is a gateway ahead where the horizon should be. Your host stands tentatively; apparently the ground is solid, if not visible.

She takes it about as well as you’d expect.

“What the bloody hell is this? Who the fuck makes a gate keyed on getting off!? Worthless, prepubescent, self-fellating perverts! I’ll make their fetid livers into a feast for the fucking rats!”

With a leap you’re airborne, closing quickly on the gate. A small golden orb catches your eye a field’s length away, shooting up from the gate and exploding into rays of yellow light. With a lurch you hurtle earthwards, blinded by the burst. Zelari recovers before you do, skimming mere inches above the ground before again taking to the air.

Your vision returns to find a large mirror framed in runes. What you see makes your blood runs cold. On the harpy’s stomach lies a clearly visible black tentacle. Frantically you probe your host’s mind for a reaction, searching for some sense of recognition and finding only puzzlement.

You follow her gaze to the mirror, where her reflection looks not confused, but jubilant. It’s eyes glow with golden energy as it peels from the mirror, its body becoming a black shadow stretching across the yellow rows on the ground. In exaggerated motions it stretches towards Zelari, touching her check lightly. It feels warm, numbing. The harpy half-considers responding in kind before recoiling as a trail of blood flows from the spot into the shadows body. She lashes out with a shriek, talons rending the shadow’s dancing form in a futile tango.

The shadow’s eyes narrow in delight as bloody abrasions open on harpy’s legs. Diaphanous feathers sprout from its body, growing more tangible with each crimson drop. It lashes out again, but Zelari is quicker still. Two beats of her powerful wings and you’re soaring above the abomination. “That ought to buy some time,” you think in unison with your host.

But what can you do against a being of pure shadow? Magic might work, but neither of you have a talent for the arcane. Remembering back to the previous trap, you reach out with your senses searching for some clue. Unlike the previous encounters, this foe has a definite aura, a golden corona of energy. Perhaps if you can get closer—

Your host has other plans. Quietly cursing in defeat, Zelari speeds once more towards the gate. You sense a sudden shift in the room’s aura, rushing underneath you. The harpy screeches to a halt at your warning, barely evading the claws of the shadow-being materializing in front of her. Trying desperately to keep her distance Zelari hops backwards, but this time the shadow pursues with alarming speed. It’s touch is faint, but the wave of exhaustion spreading from it is overpowering. You can feel the energy flowing from you as the shadow grows to more closely resemble your host. As Zelari recovers it flashes you a malicious grin of needle-sharp teeth. The gate groans ominously behind it, doors swinging inward.

“No you DON’T!” shouts the harpy, slinging one of her pouches into the crack between the doors and jamming them. A cold current rushes through the opening, a tiny sliver of reality piercing through this shadowy hell.

You finish your analysis at the same time, piercing through the shadow’s astral corona to reveal a horrid grey-skinned creature underneath. Gnarled fingers end in vicious claws, while pupilless yellow eyes dart back and forth. Where it’s chest should be lies a gaping blood hole lined with teeth, sucking your host’s life essence through web-like strands connected to her wounds. Behind, it’s skeletal back connects it to the mirror through a thick golden strand looping around its neck like a noose.

As the creature advances you consider speaking to Zelari directly through your link, then realizing that you don’t know what you’d say. It is a possibility.

The gate is close, if only you can escape…
1.) Share your astral vision with Zelari.
2.) Break the mirror!
3.) Use your influence in the astral to call for help.
4.) Leave your host, head for the gate yourself!
5.) Try something else! Maybe one of the incantations?

On any choice you can suggest a more specific strategy for better effect.

Chameon

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Ladies and gentlemen, it's spoiler time with the maniac newbie Chameon again.

1.) I don't like it, but this is a weird place. If we can do this as a half action, she wouldn't -really- have any reason to suspect us. Apologies ladies and gents for the strange way of putting it, but we were just teleported to a new place and are fighting a creature of shadow. It could -well- be placed as just another hallucination if we're cautious in our way of putting it, or perhaps a 'vision', so add celestial voice sounding hope or something to the vision for the sake of 'An angel helped me'.
2.) I do like this option, but at the same time, it feels slightly off. It feels too obvious to me. Pardon, but we're fighting a faceless creature that draws life energy from other creatures, in a trap most probably set by our trapmaster. There are two obvious endings I can see to this, 1: We kill the creature by smashing the mirror, which is something any adventurer would expect. 2: We double the number of creatures by smashing the mirror and effectively destroying our sense of self.
3.) The only two we know that can help are Torin and Hul'Jet. At the same time though, this option feels like it's the biggest trap of the five. Think this one's nasty? Imagine trying to fight three of it when our little 'message' gets caught as it goes out.
4.) This option feels wasteful and like a needless drain on resources. Furthermore, the Harpy has some useful tricks that we may need later.
5.) This is my own personal thought here. I do apologize. If we were to do number one and, I don't even know if this is POSSIBLE or not, but I figure it might be worth trying, redirect the energy drain into the egg we've -already- set in Zelari, the creature would have a much smaller amount to drain and, at the same time, would be fighting an angry harpy that could see where it was. I'm not entirely sure how or if it would work, but in the previous scenario (see Torin draining -alot- from us) we showed we could push energy outward as well as taking it, so would it be possible to redirect where the energy is being taken from that way? I imagine it would be a minute drain on us, though.

I vote for my 5 if it's possible. If not, I vote for 1, taking priority on trying to find out as much about the scenario as possible, perhaps attempt to remember what this creature is, it -is- our dungeon after all.

the_taken

King of the Impossible
Reputation score

Ladies and gentlemen, it's spoiler time with the maniac newbie Chameon again.

1.) I don't like it, but this is a weird place. If we can do this as a half action, she wouldn't -really- have any reason to suspect us. Apologies ladies and gents for the strange way of putting it, but we were just teleported to a new place and are fighting a creature of shadow. It could -well- be placed as just another hallucination if we're cautious in our way of putting it, or perhaps a 'vision', so add celestial voice sounding hope or something to the vision for the sake of 'An angel helped me'.
2.) I do like this option, but at the same time, it feels slightly off. It feels too obvious to me. Pardon, but we're fighting a faceless creature that draws life energy from other creatures, in a trap most probably set by our trapmaster. There are two obvious endings I can see to this, 1: We kill the creature by smashing the mirror, which is something any adventurer would expect. 2: We double the number of creatures by smashing the mirror and effectively destroying our sense of self.
3.) The only two we know that can help are Torin and Hul'Jet. At the same time though, this option feels like it's the biggest trap of the five. Think this one's nasty? Imagine trying to fight three of it when our little 'message' gets caught as it goes out.
4.) This option feels wasteful and like a needless drain on resources. Furthermore, the Harpy has some useful tricks that we may need later.
5.) This is my own personal thought here. I do apologize. If we were to do number one and, I don't even know if this is POSSIBLE or not, but I figure it might be worth trying, redirect the energy drain into the egg we've -already- set in Zelari, the creature would have a much smaller amount to drain and, at the same time, would be fighting an angry harpy that could see where it was. I'm not entirely sure how or if it would work, but in the previous scenario (see Torin draining -alot- from us) we showed we could push energy outward as well as taking it, so would it be possible to redirect where the energy is being taken from that way? I imagine it would be a minute drain on us, though.

I vote for my 5 if it's possible. If not, I vote for 1, taking priority on trying to find out as much about the scenario as possible, perhaps attempt to remember what this creature is, it -is- our dungeon after all.
I'm with this guy. That's clever.

UjisatoGamo

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

I am glad i've finally had the time to check back in on this!
A ton of interesting things going on here, and yet so many possibilities!
I really dont like option 2, just as Chameon said, it sees too obvious. It makes me think the mirror is more an anchor for the light tether, breaking it could loose the beasty. As of right now we might be able to simply outrun it if we keep at it, or simply tipping the mirror over so its faces the ground could hold the creature...idk on that stuff though ;p
Option 1 is the ticket, we all know full well Zel is an extremely competent adventurer and with our helpful hints she can more than likely pull something off. ^_^
O! and the idea of the holy voice from beyond thing has some great potential, slowly start making Zel believe we are actually her guardian angel or some such harpy religion equivalent. Having her trust in us more and more would make the final Infestation take over all the easier, heck she may even give her self up willingly in a tight spot.
Chaeon, just making sure that im reading your option 5 comment correctly. You are wanting to use our egg as an energy decoy or bait to protect Zel from being weakened/drained and able to fight the true creature at full strength? The old switcheroo, so to speak. If it doesnt get used here, saving this plan for later is a must.

Chameon

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Chaeon, just making sure that im reading your option 5 comment correctly. You are wanting to use our egg as an energy decoy or bait to protect Zel from being weakened/drained and able to fight the true creature at full strength? The old switcheroo, so to speak. If it doesnt get used here, saving this plan for later is a must.
Yep. I'm not sure if it'd work or not though, we might need an evolution I haven't even -heard of- to do this style of thing, and it seems a bit advanced to force about. Furthermore, we don't 100% need -that- spawn in particular, and I'm sure another one wouldn't kill us to make a new one. Although I don't doubt that it partially drains her energy on its' own, I'm -sure- that the amount it drains is negligible currently, and as such it'd be like the difference between draining a generator for the creature and the creature trying to feed on an eight-watt bulb.

Also, glad to see another newcomer to this game, and glad my comment was taken so by more then just my mind. Normally posts I make at 4 AM are...less then lucid.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Agreed, that's bloody brilliant, if we can manage it. The egg is enough of a separate creature that it shouldn't be able to drain either of us once we've changed the connection. That still leaves us rather bored once we do that though. Once I get home from work, I'll see what else I can come up with to add to the scenario.

xgkf

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Ditto. Chameon's idea.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Theres something!

Let's try out this incantation of draining, if we can spare the attention. Would help to get some of the energy back and away from it, i think.

EDIT: Or maybe binding, reduce it's abilities even more. just definitely not freedom. even if this is the creature we're here to recruit, we want it cowed before we release it in any case.

Last edited:
OP
tora

tora

Demon Girl
Reputation score

5, fallback 1 – Link the creature to the egg, share aura sight and invoke the runes if that doesn’t finish the job!

Current Status:

Small Young Black Tentacle
Health: 30/50
Energy: 245/1500

Overlord Energy 75
Abilities: Stealth I, Infest I, Symbiosis I, Aura Sense I, Perception, Influence, Ovipositor
Host: Zelari – Harpy, light damage (partially aware, symbiosis active)

DATA:
Time: Morning
Allies: Hul’jet (Floor 1 Sigil Crypt); of Zelari: Cambor “Blades” & Ket (F2 North, both egged)
Known Entities: Runestone (F3 North), Slateblue Spawn and Necromancer (F3 East), Green & Blue Spawn (F1 South?), Demonic Aura (F2 West), Three Dead Orcs (F1))
The creature dashes at you, far faster than it was a moment ago. On instinct Zelari dodges. The creature doesn’t relent, but the scant reprieve gives you an opening. As the skeletal claw extends you seize it, exerting all your will to direct its link through Zelari and onto the egg inside of her. The creature appears confused, then doubles over in pain as black pseudopods burst from it’s illusionary visage.

In the same moment you share your vision with Zelari, speaking to her mind, “See things as they really are!” She hesitates, taken aback. You feel the egg crumble inside of her, leaking a trail of slimy black fluid. The creature gazes up with hate-filled yellow eyes. As much to distract your host as to respond you say, “Quickly! You must act now!”

It’s all the prompt she needs. With one lightning slash she shreds the web binding her. In the next moment she’s upon the creature, lacerating its flesh with a flurry of blows. It reels under the assault, sinking into the ground and reappearing several paces away. Zelari charges in for the kill, only to scream in frustration and pain as her talons pass through the grinning abomination and return covered again in grey threads.

“Get back!” you warn.

“Who the hell are you!” she cries. The creature strikes her again, moving straight through her attempted defense.

“Think of me as a guardian angel. Head for the mirror, quickly!”

Your host accedes, but she’s not happy. “Pits of Geddoth! Not a fucking celestial!” As much as you agree with the sentiment, you can’t be distracted now.

“Not quite, but now I need your help. This astral trap binds both of us.” She calms a bit, and you leave her for the task at hand. Focusing inwards, you try to recall anything you could use against the creature. Glimmers of memory congeal into fleeting images, straws dropped in a boundless field. Scenes once forgotten pass you by, now carried back by the shards recovered in the astral maze. You remember Yorin’s words: “But what of humans, my lord? The trap of Narcissus could ensnare even those bold enough to pass the maze.”

Yes, entrap those self-absorbed fools for an eternity! Self … absorbed? Acting on a half-formed hunch, you invoke the spell of absorption. The mirror’s runes glow, and energy begins flowing from both Zelari and the golden strand. Her mind races, and even as you complete the spell she acts.

“Chal.” The words echo across the demiplane. The drain on the harpy stops, replace by a shining blue corona. One leg yanks the grey threads, unbalancing the creature. She dives. An avenging angel swooping down from heaven, the harpy strikes with back-breaking force.

Unfazed by its obscenely twisting spine the creature retaliates. A claw pierces Zelari’s side. She buckles. “AaaAAARH!” Pain fills the link. You reach out to assist only to freeze before the stygian glacier of her intention. In silent tone it seems to voice a single mantra, “I will survive.”

Shooting into the air and diving again, this time she strikes the horror’s shoulder. With a sickening pop it’s arm flies off. The harpy grabs the golden collar, smashing the creatures head repeatedly into the ground with one leg while ripping off its links with the other.

“Rot-infested carcass! I’ll rip you apart limb by fetid limb! I’ll decorate the walls of this bloody darkland with your entrails and feed the remains to the yen-slugs!” The cord snaps and you feel a massive influx of energy. The abomination’s eyes bulge in panic as the color drains from its flesh, ichor raining down under the harpy’s assault. Your lost energy returns as the spell of absorption works its magic. More still flows through your host, her corona flaring with every blow she lands.

A bloody carcass lies where the creature once stood. As the adrenaline fades Zelari swaggers towards the gate. It too seems to admit defeat, slowly opening the path to the outside world. You steal a glance back at the mirror, where three more of the grinning creatures return your gaze.

The demonic presence is strong, even Zelari senses it. The whispers surround you, “Free me.” “Let me help you.”[color], curving around the cool walls in a moire pattern. Faint gasps join them from farther ahead, and the scent of juniper wafts through the antechamber. Around the corner you can see a smooth vase painted in pictograms.

Zelari advances, crouching to listen at the bend.

The trap is bypassed, your goal now lies before you. How do you prepare?
1.) The fragments of memories you discovered may contain vital clues. Try to piece them together, focusing on who or what was imprisoned.
2.) As above, but focus on yourself and your previous reign, context to this scene.
3.) Focus your aura sense on the whispers and get a better sense of what lies ahead.
4.) Search Zelari’s intentions and memories, communicating if you feel the need.

–and if you have other preparations you want to make say it now–

Chameon

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Ugh. That backfired severely, I'm almost embarrassed.

1: Knowing what we're up against is important.
2: Knowing -why- we're up against it, or why it might dislike us, is also important.
3:See 1.
4: Zelari -really- isn't liking us at the moment. Number 4 could really backfire, at the same time though, we need to gain more information.

I honestly don't know. 1 or 3 could be an ace in the hole for the immediate future against the demon, and stop us from getting killed, but at the same time, numero 4 is important to avoid us getting vivisected when Zelari really wants answers if she does find out about where/what we are. Furthermore, this is one of those occasions where it really -is- important to focus on the details, so a single option feels best to me, personally.

4 is what the coin says.

Sorry guys for leading you gents and ladies away from attacking the mirror. It honestly felt too obvious to me, and since the first trap was maintained and plotted by the master of traps, I figured they all were. Apologies.

OP
tora

tora

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I wouldn't say that, the egg strategy saved you from a pretty heavy hit. With each hit making the creature stronger that's a bargain.

freeko

Banned
Reputation score

Did I not say something about isolating the harpy just yet a long time ago? This is why. You almost need to dominate the harpy now before doing anything else or you get into a situation where you are basically only able to pick how you get annihilated.

If whatever is around the corner can help you dominate the harpy, then I am all for it.