Tarum III - Space Station The Dividing Line

OP
Rule 34

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Tarum III - Space Station The Dividing Line

"Good. Fine. Now, if Thall could come down- What now? Thall has broken out into a series of excited chirps and whistles. As soon as she hears this, Mara floats up to him - and joins him shortly after. It takes them more than a minute to turn on their translators. When the message comes across it's shell shocking.

"It's an Ashotur ship! An Ashotur Mako, fully functional!"
---
Vix finds itself in an empty laboratory. Big tanks on the wall across the window held some kinds of experiments long ago, and several metal tables are screwed to the ground. It all has been cleaned neatly before departure.

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Draven's cool exterior was shed the moment he heard the Telarin chirping away. He'd understood what they were saying long before the translators went on, but had waited to be certain. Now he walked over to them.

"You have GOT to be kidding me. The Ashotur were all wiped out! What the hell is a fully functional Mako doing here of all places?"

Draven doesn't seem to be thrilled, the exact opposite of how Thall seems to be. "Alright Thall, I recall the general mentioning to you that anything we found was to be run past you, so... what the hell are we going to do with this thing."

Another thought occurs to him suddenly. "Is there any chance this thing could be brought back online for one of us to use? Or god forbid, something still alive inside? My sensors can't penetrate it's hull, which is most disturbing."

OP
Rule 34

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Thall and Mara bring the ship into view, supported by jets out of their boots. The whole ship resembles a big Terran shark. It's shell is not out of a solid metal, but rather some kind of steel textile, extremely tightly woven. As they touch the ground Thall runs a hand over it. He turns around as he notices Draven approaching.

"I don't think one of us would be able to use it. Have you ever destroyed one in battle? They're filled with water, and from the parts we found, programmed in their own language. As for if there's something inside - well, I can't tell you. Something about the hide scrambles my sensors."

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

"Open it?" Kars suggests from above.

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"I have, and you beat me to it Kars."

He looks at the thing then says, "although we've never tried to cut one open before. Who knows if it will self destruct if we try that."

A blink to Thall and he adds, "being's I don't breathe I probably could operate it, assuming I knew their language well enough, which I don't unfortunately."

ShadowWolfSBI

Chief Spam Hunter Why Are You Making Me Do This
Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"There might be a way to bypass any security on it. I say we leave it intact for now, and examine it closer later," Viper comments, while checking his rifle's power level. After the pirates, he was going to be somewhat cautious about the rest of the station.

OP
Rule 34

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Cut open? NUH-UH!" Thall spreads his arms as if to protect the ship. After a moment, Mara joins him. Thall looks over to her for a moment - as if he was surprised. "This may very well be the LAST piece of Ashotur technology that exists. It has to be protected at ANY cost."

Caulder

Is completely fucking irrelevant. And he's a bitch
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"My ass" Vance says, his arms crossed as he walks towards the group "Who knows if this thing is actually intact inside, or maybe it has a bomb in it!" Vance says, his facial features forming into a scowl "I, for one, prefer not to risk it. I say we figure out a way to push it out of here and out into the debris field"

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Draven seems to consider for a moment. "If I were them, I would have rigged the thing to explode if any aggressive attempt were made to enter it, such as cutting it open. I find myself having to agree with Thall here though. Cutting it open isn't an option."

A moment as he considers Vance's stance too. His reply might surprise the Telarin.

"No, they are right. If we can gain anything off of this ship later it's worth trying. Besides, if it were rigged to explode simply as a weapon, it would have gone off by now."

He stares at the ship for a long moment then finally says, "if we're going to keep this thing Thall, we need to find something to put it in later so it won't get damaged during transport. It's too large to fit inside most of our ships safely. I defer to the two of you as to how best manage that, but I will say, if that thing comes online and starts trying to kill us, I won't hesitate to render it inert. Deal?"

OP
Rule 34

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Thall considers the options. "Hmmmm. Okay. If the Mako comes online and opens fire you're free to shoot to kill. If it opens and there is an Ashotur in there - or an Andaar, they were able to fly these things - and comes out and after after us, kill it, but spare the ship. I think we can leave it that way."

ShadowWolfSBI

Chief Spam Hunter Why Are You Making Me Do This
Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Viper seems to consider the options for a moment, then speaks up. "Would it be smart to have someone stay behind to watch it, just in case bringing the station back online causes it to activate, or wakes up anything that might be inside?"

Caulder

Is completely fucking irrelevant. And he's a bitch
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Vance sighs, his comm still on "I'll stay behind. I am the person most suited for guard duty" Vance says, a smile creeping over his face "If something does come out of the ship, and proves hostile, I'll crush it's skull" he says, cracking his knuckles and chuckling "I need a break from moving around anyway."

Tsuki

Lurker
Reputation score

The Nerkat set down beside the others. Sanya busily searched the ship for the helmet and air supply stuffs. They certainly weren't where she thought she left them aaand AH HAH! She finished suiting up, and exited through the air lock to join the others... and OOO A MAKO! She stared at the supposed-to-be-nonexistant ship.

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

((Chibi is asking me to assume temporary control of her character until she gets home, so I will be posting for both Draven and Krysta for now.))

The Shining Star settled down with a slight thud, and after several moments, Krysta emerges from the hatch, decked out in her space suit. She took a quick look around, not really knowing what this talk about a Mako was all about.

"Alright, I need to go find this stations medical bay. I have perishable food and medicine in my cargo, and it needs to be unloaded as soon as possible. Anyone willing to go with me to get the infirmary back online?"

Draven looks up and nods. "I can head over with you, but I'm uncertain if we can reactivate the medical facilities of this station without activating the station's main power first. We can try though. One would think a place like this would have a back up power supply for the medical bay. Are we carrying anything now, or coming back for it after securing the facility?"

He hefts the rifle upward, preparing to move out. "I guess that's where I'll be Nadia, sorry. Watch yourselves though."

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

(((I'S HOME!!!)))

"Thanks man." She beamed at him, "I'll need someone to protect me from any hidden nasties. And no, we'll wait until everything's online before we do that. I want to keep them as climate controlled as possible before we start moving."

Last edited:

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Draven nods then briefly runs back into his ship, coming back out with a small data pad. "Alright then, let's move out. Everyone else, watch yourselves, I have a bad feeling for some reason."

Turning to Krysta he adds, "ok, let's do this."

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

"Awesome mist man." She turned and started off through the door into the main area.

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Draven smiles at this. He hadn't been called that before, and he barely suppressed a chuckle. He follows her out the doors, making certain to keep an eye on every angle possible.

A sudden thought occurred to him, he didn't even know who the hell she was or what her name was. Once they were far enough away he spoke.

"So... forgive me, but I didn't catch your name. Mine is Draven Naros."

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

She stopped dead and started giggling, "I have such bad manners. My name is Krysta Trin, I'm obviously the medic for this mission." She reached out a hand to poke him in the chest... and blinked as her arm went through him. "Looks like you won't be needing me though." she chuckled.

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

He chuckled at this, having forgotten some humans would poke out like she had, and decided to surprise her a little more. As she would go to withdraw her arm, he allowed the area where she had poked to solidify enough to trap her arm there, and pretended not to notice.

"I figured you were the medic after your statement back there. Glad to have you aboard."