Tarum III - Space Station The Dividing Line

OP
Rule 34

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Tarum III - Space Station The Dividing Line

Thall hmms. "If you don't mind I'll create a better working environment for me." A few buttons are tapped, and almost immediately Draven can feel his weight reducing as the artificial gravity is almost completely negated. Thall sighs contently and reaches up to pull off his helmet. "This is much better already." He works on detaching his gloves. "A normal Telarin wouldn't mind wearing this thing and working in it, but I find it a bit cramped."

ShadowWolfSBI

Chief Spam Hunter Why Are You Making Me Do This
Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Umbral sits in the work area of his ship, thinking. After a bit of thought, he reaches over, puts his rifle back in its place on the back of his flightsuit, then grabs his helmet. With these, he heads out into the hangar, and catches the activity over by the Zeta, which he approaches. "Message from the command center: Quarters are straight out the corridor, past the stairs leading to the medical bay."

Unless stopped, he'd head off towards the aforementioned medical bay, to deliver the same message.

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"That's fine," he says.

"Copy that, thanks for the info."

OP
Rule 34

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

A deep sigh escapes Thall as he sheds the Grav suit, revealing a simple jumpsuit underneath. He stretches to his full 6'8" and nods. "Much better. Now." Thall steps over to the seemingly plain wall and touches a certain spot. Almost at once a hatch opens, and Thall pulls out a length of cable. He hands Draven one end. "Here. Go nuts."

Last edited:

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Draven smiles widely at this, barely restraining a laugh, as he begins to pull the cable out from the wall, making his way towards the Mako as quickly as he can.

OP
Rule 34

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Thall sits back down and follows Draven with his silver eyes. After a moment he hits a button, activating the exterior speakers. "You're gonna have to take a dive inside... If you have something with gills in your repertoire I would suggest using it now."

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

A smile crosses his features again as he says, "I don't breathe. Just tell me where inside I'm plugging this bad boy into and it'll be done in short order."

OP
Rule 34

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Alright. In the cockpit should be an instrument board near the front. You have to detach the underside and you will see a plug that the cable will fit into." Thall takes a deep breath, trying to calm himself.

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Got it."

Draven lugs the cable in behind him into the ship after climbing onto it and inside and then sets it down. Looking around he spots the board Thall was speaking about. Detaching the appropriate part with care, he then plugs the cable into it, and after making sure it is secure, he climbs back out of the ship, and just jumps off the top of it.

"Cable is set, and I have to say, swimming in there in mist form was kind of fun."

Last edited:
OP
Rule 34

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Very well then. Pray to whatever entity you believe in that we'll at least get a few letters and words." Thall starts putting in commands as he murmurs to himself in Telarin.

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Draven shakes his head slightly, wondering if praying to the Ancients counted. Shrugging his shoulders, he sent a silent prayer anyway, not really certain if it counted or not, but willing to give it a try.

"Alright, I'll be back inside in a moment."

He makes his way back into the Zeta carefully, and it isn't long before he is standing behind Thall. "I guess if this doesn't work we can try my own database, but I am almost positive yours should be superior in the translation department."

OP
Rule 34

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Thall doesn't respond. His eyes move back and forth with each line of code popping up, and his lips move quietly as if he's in prayer. Minutes pass, and nothing happens, until-
"YES!" Thall jumps up from his seat and leans over the monitor. "We have a g!" Thall presses a button, and a holograph shows up. On the left is something that looks like an alien bird's footprint, and on the right stands an uncapitalized g.
"Alright! Let's feed this back in, and maybe we'll get a word next." The Telarin enters a new line of code and leans back, still watching the monitor before him intently.

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Draven's mind starts racing with this revelation. "Their language is symbolic? If that is true..."

He trails off, remembering the language left behind by another race apparently, losing track of the fact he isn't speaking out loud any more.

OP
Rule 34

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"No, see? They all look alike. It's like the human letters - similar, but not totally." Thall brings up a few more letters that indeed resemble the g from before. The Telarin is visibly excited.

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"So their letters are similar to human letters, just a different form of writing them and a different language. This might not be as difficult as we thought to begin with. Though we'd still need to figure out their pronunciations of their words and letters. I wonder if an audio file reversal would work with that?"

Draven pulls out his pad again and starts inputting any letters and "symbols" they decode, saving a copy to a hard disk just in case.

"This is amazing, already exceeding what I had hoped we might get out of it."

Caulder

Is completely fucking irrelevant. And he's a bitch
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Vance, who had gotten lost in the hallways, finally makes it into the hanger, looking at the cable running across the floor "The hell you two been up to?!" he yells, yet asks "I hope it isn't anything bad" he says, walking towards the Zeta "Permission to come aboard, whoever the hell is in there?"

OP
Rule 34

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Sure, come on in - WOO! Capital E!" Thall has given up sitting, instead he is constantly hopping around and waving his arms. Is he... dancing?

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Draven jots this one down as well, he himself barely managing to suppress his own joy over this. He chuckles slightly at the Telarin's antics, but says nothing, knowing full well why he is, and not seeing any problem with it. He also begins inputting some form of code with it, saving it as he goes.

"This is just incredible. Truth be told, I didn't expect this to work Thall."

The Ingrali is clearly impressed by the turn of events.

"Vance, you might enjoy this too, Thall says alright to come in so come on up."

Caulder

Is completely fucking irrelevant. And he's a bitch
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"What the hell....." Vance says as he hears Thall exclaim the capital E "Are you doing?" he finishes his question as he sees Thall dancing "That's a first. Never seen anyone but a Human dance with joy" he says, trying to hold back his laughter as he crosses his arms, his white coat covering most of his arms "Care to explain, Thall?" he asks, finally releasing his laughter

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

It is Draven who explains.

"We're running a reverse translation program from our language to the Ashotur language, and then asking it to translate back into ours, thus revealing their language cipher, or at least that is the plan. So far we have two letters in about five minutes. Slow, but we're getting SOMETHING out of it."