What's new

Tarum III - Space Station The Dividing Line

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Tarum III - Space Station The Dividing Line

Draven stepped outside of the ship, taking up position and beginning to explore just a bit around the area.

Tsuki

Lurker
Reputation score

"Good. I dislike having to walk around like this, so let's hurry up and get this thing running." Sanya was breathing slightly heavier too. She thought she was in pretty good shape, but she just wasn't used to having to walk around with silly magnetic boots.

ShadowWolfSBI

Chief Spam Hunter Why Are You Making Me Do This
Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Viper nods, and continues keeping an eye out for any signs of movement that isn't coming from someone on the team.

OP
Rule 34

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Mara once more opens the door, and the group stares down yet another corridor. "I get tired of dark hallways." Nadia chuckles. "That's funny. I can't get enough of them." She passes the Telarin and steps into the corridor, gun raised.

((Thread change to Command))

Last edited:
OP
Rule 34

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Slowly the lights in the station come online. Everybody could hear a quiet whirring as unseen machines start moving the first time in four years. A containment field seals off the hangar from the open space, and at last the artificial gravity comes online.
And something else comes alive. The "eyes" of the Mako suddenly light up, and a shield comes online.

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Draven had been just about to to head back into Krysta's ship when the power came on, and this caused him to stop and turn around, looking over the now lighting hangar. His eyes stopped and froze when he saw the Mako come back online, and a shield go up. He wasted no time, immediately moving away from Krysta's ship and closer to a protrusion of the hangar wall before keying his comm system.

"Oh FUCK. The Mako came online when you guys turned the power on, repeat the Mako is LIVE. It's shielded, and it acts like it's drawing power from the station, or was set to re-activate when the station did. Krysta, STAY INSIDE, I repeat do NOT exit your ship at this time."

He continued to watch the Mako from his corner, both in awe that it was still viable, and not a little bit worried.

((He was outside of Krysta's ship, and I am going on the assumption it would be close enough for him to have noticed.))

Bartnum

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

Cyrus runs into the hangar, and heads stright to the Scimitar. Removing his helmet and tossing it into the cargo hold, he turns to the Mako and scans it.

"Dammit, I've got nothing. These guys were all wiped out while I was in stasis, so I haven't got any info on them. I can't pull up any data on what's happening inside the ship."

Last edited:

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Viper runs in, and drops back behind part of the Dragon's Fang. "Does anyone have any suggestions on how to find out what's going on inside the Mako?"

Bartnum

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

"I'd normally scan it, but as I said before you got here, that's no good in this case. We could always crack the bugger open."

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"It's protected by some kind of force shield. Right now it hasn't done anything else since coming online, but if we start trying to get through that shield, I'm willing to bet it will have some kind of defense system. This though begs a question. WHY did the restoration of power to the station bring it back online?"

A thought occurs to him and he makes a beeline for his own ship, running inside and sitting down.

"It's too bad we don't have anything on these things at all, now we're a bit stuck. Thall, Mara, you folks know anything about these things, now would be a good time to speak up."

OP
Rule 34

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"We only know that they are fierce fighters. As we said before, we didn't get much of a chance in studying them."

The Mako lies still for a moment... and then the seamless skin of the Mako splits open along the back like somebody filleted it. Pretty quickly the water inside starts to move, faster and faster.

And then suddenly a grenade is chucked out of the cockpit, exploding into a greenish puff of smoke that conceals the entire ship. A shadow seems to move inside the cloud - and then IT breaks forth.

An Ashotur. Easily surpassing eight feet, packed with muscles that tense under grey skin, a mouth full of teeth and beady black eyes. A rifle that looks somewhat like a fish up at the shoulder and a water collar around the neck. Also, supposedly dead.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Krysta gulped down the rest of her coffee at Draven's pronouncement and hurried back to her cockpit, and turned on her monitors just in time to see the thing emerge from the ship, "Oh my God. What the hell is that thing?" Then she took a deep breath, "If anyone would like some extra shielding from this thing you are free to come aboard The Shining Star... just hurry!"

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Draven had only heard stories of an Ashotur's shape and looks, and now he was faced with one right off to start the day.

"Son of a bitch, THALL we have a LIVE ASHOTUR loose! Plasma beams will be useless here, I risk venting our atmosphere. Cyrus, Viper, I need cover from your ships. This son of a bitch is going down."

He shifts into a full out Bentari form, praying to god that it's strength is at least on par with this thing. Complete with Bentari armor capable of repelling most bullets, and absorbing most KNOWN forms of energy weapons, coupled with it's physical strength it was an alien that even the Ingrali sometimes had pause to be fearful of. Now it was Draven's turn to test the limits of the form, and he stepped outside of his ship, into the open, letting loose one of the roars the Bentari used before a battle.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

"Draven, you asshole, be careful!" she said swinging her sights on him and the Ashotur. "I swear to God if you die, I'm not putting you back together!"

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

His reply was gruff, short and much deeper of a tone than it should have been. "If I get ripped apart by that thing, you may not have to worry about putting me back together, because right now, that thing looks pretty pissed and will probably go on a slaughtering frenzy if it gets past me before backup arrives."

With that, he let out another roar, and his left hand came up. For whatever reason, he had not taken his rifle with him, meaning all he had with this thing was hand to hand combat.

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Precision blasts from Viper's rifle snap off, twice. One aimed at the Ashotur's rifle, the other at the collar. "Try going for the collar! Might buy some time."

OP
Rule 34

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The Ashotur comes to a halt as he sees the Bentari. He doesn't make a sound - probably can't - but instead it opens it's maw to reveal the two rows of deadly teeth. It's black eyes narrow slightly as it sees that the creature doesn't have a weapon.
Silly creature.
With a grin the Ashotur raises his rifle and opens fire at the Bentari. Solid steel darts, about as long as a finger, shoot out of the muzzle and seem to be pretty eager to sink into the Bentari's flesh.

As it's narrowly missed by Viper's shots it spins around and shoots from the hip, a volley of darts launching into his general direction.

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

By the time the Ashotur was turning, Viper had already ducked back behind the Fang, which really didn't seem to notice the darts. "If that thing's damaged anything more, I'm really going to be pissed..."

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Draven manages to avoid all but one of the darts fired, it sinking into the chest plating with a barely audible hiss. Once the Ashotur has turned it's back though, this opens an opportunity for Draven, and he takes it.

Charging up behind it, not giving it time to react, he grabs it by the neck and attempts to chokeslam it into the ground, one arm on it's rifle arm, keeping it pinned down, the other seeming to try and tear it's head off it's shoulders.

OP
Rule 34

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The Ashotur allows Draven to lift him up - but then he wraps his legs around the Bentari's arm and twists. At the same time it's hand claw at the Bentari's, trying to get it into it's maw.