What's new

RPG RPG Maker [ スケイルガーデン ] 砦のローデス (RJ125552)

hrpgheaven

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: [ScaleGarden] Rhode's Fortress

I don't think my problem with opening the game is the language issue, because I'm able to play his previous game (Sangeki of Gear).
What's your problem? Error?

Screenshot me.

Bryanis

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

One way it could refuse to start, is beacause there si already an rpg game working in background (most probably, it didn't close properly before). Killing it before restarting cool be a solution.

Sometime rpg game take a while to load to, just don't spam it and see if it start after some minutes starting no other program.

But I don't think it's the real deal here.

Could you tell the step you take to install the partial translation ? maybe you made a mistake preventing the game from starting ?

The best could be to start anew, from the orignial unmodified files.

gman14

Lurker
Reputation score

I don't think my problem with opening the game is the language issue, because I'm able to play his previous game (Sangeki of Gear).
Switching to Japanese locale will fix this issue. I can run his previous games without switching the locale as well except for this one. Don't bother using AppLocale. It will run the game for sure but you get no text in return while you play.

bgnac

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

His next game is already on the way, most people like the new heroine (so far, he is known to change them) more than the previous one (the one in Rhodes Fortress) so, we'll see what strategy they adapt in this one.

I hate the way he draws hands tho but I don't want to nitpick, anyway, just so everyone can check it out:
Sure, it looks different than the other heroines ('cept the chest size, they all seem to have a rather sizable chest but I'm not complaining), but honestly I preferred Sangeki's heroine the best in terms of looks alone.

Bryanis

Reputation score

Switching to Japanese locale will fix this issue. I can run his previous games without switching the locale as well except for this one. Don't bother using AppLocale. It will run the game for sure but you get no text in return while you play.
Not certain the problem is local setting related. It may be (depending on you version of window maybe). I can play both game without jap local setting or applocale. It's just that in Rhode's Fortress case, without jap setting (even applocale) I can't see the text.

You could try again with compatibility mode to try another win version. Try using admin mode just to check.

Sin

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Not certain the problem is local setting related. It may be (depending on you version of window maybe). I can play both game without jap local setting or applocale. It's just that in Rhode's Fortress case, without jap setting (even applocale) I can't see the text.

You could try again with compatibility mode to try another win version. Try using admin mode just to check.

NekoMG2

Sex Demon
Reputation score

The other option is that you missing the font for the game, so the game can still played, but since the font is missing, then the text can't be seen.

madman3237

Tentacle God
Reputation score

When I click on the game icon it won't open. There's no error or anything, it just won't even open. Anyone know what the cause of this is?
When I click on the game icon nothing happens. No error, crash or anything. Just won't open.
It could well be because you do not have the correct RPG Maker RTP dll file installed. Some versions of Sangeki of Gear floating around used RGSS103J.dll, some used 104J or E. Some may have used 102J. Check ini file of your version of Sangeki of Gear and ini file of Rhodes. Different people had different results with the various RGSS files. Most seemed to have best results with the 104E version (must change your ini file to reflect what you want to use). This could only just correct missing text issue but I can see where not having referenced RGSS on your system MIGHT cause system to ignore game start. are the RGSS files in a zip.

One way it could refuse to start, is beacause there si already an rpg game working in background (most probably, it didn't close properly before). Killing it before restarting cool be a solution.

Sometime rpg game take a while to load to, just don't spam it and see if it start after some minutes starting no other program.

But I don't think it's the real deal here.

Could you tell the step you take to install the partial translation ? maybe you made a mistake preventing the game from starting ?

The best could be to start anew, from the orignial unmodified files.
Either is a possibility.

Good point. Windows can be quite quirky. :p

Here is some info for you that you may not realize. Unless you use a non-Roman alphabet in your work, having non-unicode set for Japanese SHOULD not affect other programs. Even if that is the case, you should be able to install Japanese fonts and only select Japanese for non-unicode when you are running games. I'm on Win8.1 and my only setting change would be as in this pic.
My full post on language settings is here. I THINK, worse case scenario, you could set up a separate user for running games.

Note to all that don't know: Changing your locale/region and installing Japanese fonts does NOT automatically change your input or display language (Except MAYBE for those using a non-Roman alphabet - can someone using such let me know their experience?) You will remain in original input and display language unless you select the change in account settings. Depending on Windows version, you may get an icon on taskbar to change input language.

The other option is that you missing the font for the game, so the game can still played, but since the font is missing, then the text can't be seen.
True. FAQ on installing fonts etc is here:

MilkaCow

Lurker
Reputation score

Hello
when I start the game, a window appears and brand as what a file is missing ".....Audio/BGM/017 - Theme 06....." Why do this to me?
Sorry for my english , I'm French ;)

Klonosz

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I have a problem: When i start the game it says that i missing something from the bgm folder but i don't even have one.

WanderingWang

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hello
when I start the game, a window appears and brand as what a file is missing ".....Audio/BGM/017 - Theme 06....." Why do this to me?
Most likely you need to unpack it in Japanese Unicode. And your English is better than several Native-English speakers.

Bryanis

Reputation score

Hello
After looking at my game folder, there no BGM folder in it. So I guess your missing the rpg maker version's rtp

try downloading and installing it :

Still, you'll have to turn to japanese unicode to play the game later on. If you don't, you won't see the text in game -_-

Ginaparn

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I have a problem too... No text showing.

I change region to japan but still no text. When I replace data/graphics with the english ones, it doesn't show either... :confused:

Bryanis

Reputation score

I have a problem too... No text showing.

I change region to japan but still no text. When I replace data/graphics with the english ones, it doesn't show either... :confused:
the answer is the game .dll

open the game.txt file, and change the dll version. madman3237 explained it just above. you need to replace the dll name by the right one (and have it too. grab them and place them in the game folder).

Try 104E or 104J first. if unsuccesfull, try with 103 or 102. good luck.

Ginaparn

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

the answer is the game .dll

open the game.txt file, and change the dll version. madman3237 explained it just above. you need to replace the dll name by the right one (and have it too. grab them and place them in the game folder).

Try 104E or 104J first. if unsuccesfull, try with 103 or 102. good luck.

Downloaded the RGSS104E, changed the name in the game.txt to RGSS104E,

Changed the language for non unicode programs to japanese...

But still having problems...

h**p://s2.postimg.org/ioy077qdl/rhode.jpg

Bryanis

Reputation score

Downloaded the RGSS104E, changed the name in the game.txt to RGSS104E,

Changed the language for non unicode programs to japanese...

But still having problems...

h**p://s2.postimg.org/ioy077qdl/rhode.jpg

normally if you start and got square everywhere, if mean the game's OK. But you have to turn your local setting to japanese (computer restart needed).

If you already done that, try using the 104J.dll to see what happen.

Ginaparn

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

normally if you start and got square everywhere, if mean the game's OK. But you have to turn your local setting to japanese (computer restart needed).

If you already done that, try using the 104J.dll to see what happen.

With the 104J, I have now japanese text. :(

Ginaparn

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

And what language were you expecting to see? English?
Well, that's why I dl the english patch... ^^'
I only saw 1 english sentence in the game... When she says she can't wander naked/partialy naked outside her room.