Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Re: 旅の仲間対勇者の卵

i was looking for the endings tbh :)

Dreamclaw

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: 旅の仲間対勇者の卵

Hello guys ! i can't play the game, i'm getting this weird screen when i start up this game. What should i do ? thanks for the help :)
I am having the same problem, couldn't find any solution so far. The language for non-unicode applications (also known as system locale) is set to Japanese, regional format is set to Japanese, country/region itself are set to Japan, even the goddamn time zone is set to Tokyo and Japanese is added and selected as the current input method. On top of this I tried running it with and without the Japanese locale emulator, placing the game in the root folder of drive D to minimize non-Japanese folder names, and a few other tricks, but in all cases I get this weird error screen, which is complete BS as I can run EVERY other Japanese game, including the new title from the same creator.

I am sorry for bumping the thread, but draining games like this are my absolute favorite (I wish I knew of more like it, male or female hero, either with level drain or something like seed magic seen here) and it annoys me to no end that I can't run it. Does anyone have any idea on what may be causing this and how I can overcome it? Obviously this is some sort of poorly-implemented custom integrity check, but what may be setting it off? Both the full and trial versions of the game fail with the same error screen for me...

unassumingtentacle

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Haven't actually played this myself, but any chance there are some file names that got corrupted due to being encoded in Shift-JIS in a zip file? Aside from that, maybe try running the program in compatibility mode for XP/Win7?

Ed - Looking around, yeah, the problem is probably related to corrupted folder names in sys/boot.

Last edited:

Dreamclaw

Lurker
Reputation score
Haven't actually played this myself, but any chance there are some file names that got corrupted due to being encoded in Shift-JIS in a zip file? Aside from that, maybe try running the program in compatibility mode for XP/Win7?

Ed - Looking around, yeah, the problem is probably related to corrupted folder names in sys/boot.
First of all, thank you for the reply!
It is weird... looking closer, they indeed appear to be somewhat weird, which shouldn't have been the case as I extracted them on a machine configured to use Japanese wherever possible, even redownloaded the demo archive just to be sure the previous one wasn't corrupted... This is how the folder names in the sys/boot look for me, IMO the circles with numbers are a bit sketchy, so are Roman numerals:
Ⅰ①Ⅱリヲ目ⅲニ, Ⅱ①Ⅸ拔鬻蠡琪ゾブ③, Ⅲⅳ麁ニ⑨グピヴ舉⑥, ⅣⅤ綠ホト⑨⑫ム證ロポヌ, Vヅ⑦ゲ靠瀨ニ榮ズベ①Ⅷリ, 圖ギ④瀨①ヲⅠⅳ
and this is an example of a file name: ①ル⑨ジ矚滿Ⅱ邇□②デ增郞.png, 1目鄕ブ綠Ⅵ三摎賍Ⅱヲ三デ2.png...

The compatibility mode was among the things I tried yesterday, but it didn't work. Folder names seem to be like that inside the archive too, even when I use Ctrl+E and explicitly switch from default to the Japanese (932 Shift_JIS) encoding in it before browsing and unpacking on my Jap encoding machine. Are those folder names different for you? If so, do you know what may be causing this issue to manifest only for this game and only in this one folder (I am not seeing these weird symbols in other game folders)? What can be done to resolve this? I'd rename them myself if I knew what the proper names were, but the images inside are also corrupted... Perhaps the archive gets corrupted as it is downloaded, a browser encoding or something like that, if it is even a thing? :\

unassumingtentacle

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Yeah, that's how it looks like to me - the rest of the file seems like it's in UTF-8. First time I've seen two separate encodings in a single archive; it's some real wizardry.

I tried using Shift_JIS and EUC to extract the sys folder myself, but I couldn't seem to get it to work at all.

MrBo

Reputation score
First of all, thank you for the reply!
It is weird... looking closer, they indeed appear to be somewhat weird, which shouldn't have been the case as I extracted them on a machine configured to use Japanese wherever possible, even redownloaded the demo archive just to be sure the previous one wasn't corrupted... This is how the folder names in the sys/boot look for me, IMO the circles with numbers are a bit sketchy, so are Roman numerals:
Ⅰ①Ⅱリヲ目ⅲニ, Ⅱ①Ⅸ拔鬻蠡琪ゾブ③, Ⅲⅳ麁ニ⑨グピヴ舉⑥, ⅣⅤ綠ホト⑨⑫ム證ロポヌ, Vヅ⑦ゲ靠瀨ニ榮ズベ①Ⅷリ, 圖ギ④瀨①ヲⅠⅳ
and this is an example of a file name: ①ル⑨ジ矚滿Ⅱ邇□②デ增郞.png, 1目鄕ブ綠Ⅵ三摎賍Ⅱヲ三デ2.png...

The compatibility mode was among the things I tried yesterday, but it didn't work. Folder names seem to be like that inside the archive too, even when I use Ctrl+E and explicitly switch from default to the Japanese (932 Shift_JIS) encoding in it before browsing and unpacking on my Jap encoding machine. Are those folder names different for you? If so, do you know what may be causing this issue to manifest only for this game and only in this one folder (I am not seeing these weird symbols in other game folders)? What can be done to resolve this? I'd rename them myself if I knew what the proper names were, but the images inside are also corrupted... Perhaps the archive gets corrupted as it is downloaded, a browser encoding or something like that, if it is even a thing? :\
1) Download 7zip
2) Download the trial from dlsite
3) extract the trial with 7zip
4) copy the sys folder from the trial to your game folder

this should work.
If not change your Region to japan and do steps 3 and 4 again.

unassumingtentacle

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
1) Download 7zip

this should work.
Hats off to you if you got it to work with the trial - I haven't had any luck using 7zip or unzip in UTF-8, SJIS or EUC-JP.

I guess it's possible my distro's not handling SJIS properly, but I have properly extracted other files in SJIS before so I don't think that's the case.

Ed - Or I'm just an idiot? The folder names for the trial and full version look almost identical, though...

Last edited:

Dreamclaw

Lurker
Reputation score
1) Download 7zip

this should work.
Oh wow, it actually worked. What the heck o_O
So apparently extracting via 7zip works perfectly fine while WinRAR (even with an explicit instruction to use the Japanese character set/encoding) messes everything up, who would have known?
Thank you for the advice, this has resolved the issue for me! :)