What's new

Patreon SIM Unknown/Hiatus RPG Maker [Sid Valentine] Cohabitation

hornylittleorc

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Cohabitation

Great start so far. I'd say it's a solid proof of concept. Looking forward to seeing more.

The Favor idea is interesting, as a thought the favors could escalate to make the mechanic last longer. Lets not forget the protagonist lives there to help out financially. And Megan is pretty naive, you could ask her all sorts of favors to make money, like pictures of her breast to sell them, jack off strangers at the mall for a quick buck.
Megan we need the money! While working on the computer ask her for a massage because you're stressed Megan we need the money, I can't work under this pressure. And escalate it, show me your breast, it'll help me relax. Jack me off, I need to relax, this work is very stressful.

I mean, theirs countless possibilities.

Lol just thought of something. Later on you buy her a dildo, those you stick on the wall, (while she's still semi prude) you stick it on the separator. Then one day you take it down, and stick your dick between the separator, and she fucks it thinking it's the dildo....... ok, you'd really have to be dumb to not notice the difference.

Wow... I'm getting all these ideas. Anyhow, looking forward to more.
I like the whoring her out idea, allows his perverted old friends to get some fun whilst also making the money collection is grueling

Abelius

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

- Removed the confirmation sound.
Thank you! My ears and mental sanity are both happy. :p

I've also been messing around with the idea of 'Favor Points'. Once you raise her affection high enough you can start taking her out to the mall. As you spend money on her you'll build up those points which you can then spend on favors. They'd essentially be ways for Calvin to get off early on, which means they'd be incur major affection loss and a suspicion gain. My problem with this idea is that they'd become more and more useless as you progress through the game and the idea of introducing a mechanic only to later drop it bugs me for some reason.
I can understand your uneasiness. It's even a little risky for the story progression because you'll need to carefully balance her 'red line' for things that she would do for personal gifts or money to help out her family, with the other red line for things she would do for her nephew because her affection/lust/lewdness is high enough.

But I like it. The system is a good idea in itself, even when you'll need to be extra careful for the story to continue pretty solid. You also don't need to drop it completely as the game progresses. For instance, let's say she's fucking already with you and she likes it, but the sole idea of anal sex gives her the creeps and she won't try until much later affection/lewdness grinding... well, you could gain favor points and have her to do that once, and depending on how you manage the episode (treat her well or be rough) she could be glad she tried (boosting her stats but also suspicion) or be mad at you (getting a stat penalty and a huge suspicion increase). The result could even be random making the system a high-risk 'let-me-do-this-to-you-NOW!' kind of bet.

But never, ever should you use this system to get her to do things she wouldn't do before she's almost ready. Whoring her out to your friends just the day after you finally fucked her...? No please. Sucking a dog instead of you when the day for her to learn about BJs come? Hell NO! :(

This is very complex really, and in your shoes I'd refrain from introducing it before you get a solid mid-game progression already implemented. You should avoid getting the 'innocent girl corruption story' contaminated with a blackmail/pimping game mechanic that would not fit really well at early stages. Unless you make this game two-path, that is (evil / less evil).

In other words, the idea is pretty good but IMHO you shouldn't use it until she gets the typical guiltiness that most younger abuse victims develop ("I got him too excited", "I let him do that to me", "I must be a slut...", etc). Not that I'm saying you should develop a plausible psychological thriller about the sexual abuse of a timid girl (lol)... but you should definitely keep some balance so we, the players, don't look at her as an easy and taken for granted individual.

Because that is what these kind of games is all about: the thrill to touch the forbidden fruit. ;)

OP
D

dardamex

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Great start so far. I'd say it's a solid proof of concept. Looking forward to seeing more.

The Favor idea is interesting, as a thought the favors could escalate to make the mechanic last longer. Lets not forget the protagonist lives there to help out financially. And Megan is pretty naive, you could ask her all sorts of favors to make money, like pictures of her breast to sell them, jack off strangers at the mall for a quick buck.
Megan we need the money! While working on the computer ask her for a massage because you're stressed Megan we need the money, I can't work under this pressure. And escalate it, show me your breast, it'll help me relax. Jack me off, I need to relax, this work is very stressful.

I mean, theirs countless possibilities.
These are pretty good ideas, especially the whoring. I don't want them to overlap too much with regular events (i.e. jacking him off for stress relief would be too much like a regular handjob event), though, but rather I'd like them to be more... unique. Right now my three ideas for them are:
- Masturbate into her cleavage.
- Grind against / hump her ass in the shower.
- Blindfolded taste test.

I can understand your uneasiness. It's even a little risky for the story progression because you'll need to carefully balance her 'red line' for things that she would do for personal gifts or money to help out her family, with the other red line for things she would do for her nephew because her affection/lust/lewdness is high enough.
Yeah, this was another problem I was having with it. Right now my current plan is to make it so that the favors can be only a step above what she's currently willing to do in normal events.

You also don't need to drop it completely as the game progresses. For instance, let's say she's fucking already with you and she likes it, but the sole idea of anal sex gives her the creeps and she won't try until much later affection/lewdness grinding... well, you could gain favor points and have her to do that once, and depending on how you manage the episode (treat her well or be rough) she could be glad she tried (boosting her stats but also suspicion) or be mad at you (getting a stat penalty and a huge suspicion increase). The result could even be random making the system a high-risk 'let-me-do-this-to-you-NOW!' kind of bet.
This is another solid idea for the system. One-off, more forceful events (i.e. your anal idea) plus less forceful repeatable ones (i.e. the ones I listed above) would give the system more content and a longer period of being useful.

But never, ever should you use this system to get her to do things she wouldn't do before she's almost ready. Whoring her out to your friends just the day after you finally fucked her...? No please. Sucking a dog instead of you when the day for her to learn about BJs come? Hell NO!
Don't worry, I'm with you on this. One of the main reasons why I'm working on this is because most games with corruption end up disappointing me with how fast the girl progresses and/or how the game will jump from groping to gangbangs within the span of a handful of events.

This is very complex really, and in your shoes I'd refrain from introducing it before you get a solid mid-game progression already implemented. You should avoid getting the 'innocent girl corruption story' contaminated with a blackmail/pimping game mechanic that would not fit really well at early stages. Unless you make this game two-path, that is (evil / less evil).
Again, I'm with you here. Another reason I was hesitant on this idea is that it feels a bit too much like blackmail. I mean, I love blackmail stuff in hentai but it doesn't quite fit with what I'm going for in this game. So I'm trying to go for less of a blackmailing feel and more of a "Well, I guess I do owe him..." sort of naivete on Megan's end.

Because that is what these kind of games is all about: the thrill to touch the forbidden fruit.
Yep. The main reason why I like incest isn't because of the whole 'fucking a relative' thing but because the taboo nature of it forces up various walls that you have to break down first and the general unwillingness of the girl. Most incest stuff has the girls being way too willing to fuck their brother/uncle/nephew/father/whatever for my taste. It's also why I like raising / corruption simulation trainers in general: the girl being uncomfortable at first making you have to take it slow and grind down her resistance. Sadly, though, for every one good trainer or simulation game there's like... 5000 linear visual novels or RPGs (which sadly probably isn't even that much of an exaggeration).

Last edited:
OP
D

dardamex

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

v0.28.4

- Added medium affection variations for the TV and study scenes.
- Added new midnight peek / peek and masturbate scenes.

I also updated Megan's character model a bit. Made a few subtle changes to her face, the most noticeable will probably be her lips and freckles (they're darker now, so they should show up better). Her nipples are also lighter so that they don't look so bright red in scenes. Also made her lower body somewhat more curvy (wider hips, thicker legs) though sadly I made those changes after I did the midnight peeping scenes. I'm thinking of updating all previous images -- not really re-doing them but swapping in her new model and messing with the lighting a bit. I'd like to also make Calvin's face / head look a bit more realistic but HoneySelect's male character maker is very limited and kinda shitty, I'm surprised he turned out as well as he did.

Anyway, I've hit a mental roadblock of sorts -- I can't really figure out what the stage between the current innocent touching and groping should be. During this period you'll be able to kiss her but I'm not really sure what else to do to smoothly transition into groping.

Last edited:

Manamana

Tentacle God
Reputation score

(Beware, I've not played the game yet, I prefer to wait for more advanced versions)

Anyway, I've hit a mental roadblock of sorts -- I can't really figure out what the stage between the current innocent touching and groping should be. During this period you'll be able to kiss her but I'm not really sure what else to do to smoothly transition into groping.
A change of clothes (You offer slightly skimpier clothes and offer her to help her getting dressed on)? Her finding herself too fat and asking you to tell her, and you taking this occasion to grope her with the pretext of just feeling if she is fat (potential to have a mini-game where you actually fatten her or tweak her scale)? Alcohol? Aphrodisiac? Slight Mind Control (not the "zap! you're a robot" thingy)?
A bit of all of those? :D

Replicant

Reputation score

In v0.28, first day, study scene goes right to medium affection level and then black screen afterwards.

OP
D

dardamex

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

(Beware, I've not played the game yet, I prefer to wait for more advanced versions)

A change of clothes (You offer slightly skimpier clothes and offer her to help her getting dressed on)? Her finding herself too fat and asking you to tell her, and you taking this occasion to grope her with the pretext of just feeling if she is fat (potential to have a mini-game where you actually fatten her or tweak her scale)? Alcohol? Aphrodisiac? Slight Mind Control (not the "zap! you're a robot" thingy)?
A bit of all of those? :D
Skimpier clothes is a bit too lewd this early on. Plus, the idea of adding in a clothing system of any type makes me break out in cold sweats. The idea of checking to see if she got fatter as a pretext for groping is pretty good, though.

Mind control wouldn't really fit. An event where you get her drunk and take advantage of her sounds good, though that'd probably be best saved for later. I plan on adding aphrodisiacs to the game that you can buy via the computer, they'll boost her lust and maybe have some unique events tied to using them.

I'm far too incompetent to implement unique mini-games like that. The best I could probably do is some simple form of blackjack. I might do an event where they play it and strip after each game or have to do what the winner says.

In v0.28, first day, study scene goes right to medium affection level and then black screen afterwards.
I don't know how I manage to screw up simple stuff like this. Thanks for the speedy bug report. Here's a fixed version:
v0.28.1

EDIT:
I managed to screw up yet again as I fixed that bug. This one should hopefully be fully fixed now.
v0.28.2

EDIT 2:
Nope.
v0.28.3

EDIT 3:
Realized I had screwed up the status menu when I added in Favor Points (if it's working right you shouldn't see a Favor Points counter in the current version).
v0.28.4

Last edited:

JamesOBrian

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Maybe just having them talking about how she feels now to get her to ''admit'' she'd like to explore more. This would lead into an innocent yet happy uncle (low suspicion) or maybe he's looking a bit too eager to help her more (more sus...)

Or perhaps the uncle could ''accidently'' leave some internet pages open and the ever curious niece would fall upon them.

Anyhow, great game so far, keep up the good work!

Manamana

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Skimpier clothes is a bit too lewd this early on. Plus, the idea of adding in a clothing system of any type makes me break out in cold sweats.
Good, I'm really happy to see that you're taking the slow corruption thingy the right way. :p

I plan on adding aphrodisiacs to the game that you can buy via the computer, they'll boost her lust and maybe have some unique events tied to using them.
Aphrodisiacs are good for 2 types of events for me:
- a way to naturally have her wear somewhat sexier clothes. Or promote more random chirarism events (a glimpse of sexy, a good pose etc).
- masturbation events (maybe?).

I'm far too incompetent to implement unique mini-games like that. The best I could probably do is some simple form of blackjack. I might do an event where they play it and strip after each game or have to do what the winner says.
Good idea, but it shouldn't be going too far early on, this would be unnatural with the rest of the setting IMO.

edit: BTW I just launched the game, and I'm curious about one thing: what resolution is the game built with? 1080p? Or the native rpg one?

Last edited:
OP
D

dardamex

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Good, I'm really happy to see that you're taking the slow corruption thingy the right way. :p

Aphrodisiacs are good for 2 types of events for me:
- a way to naturally have her wear somewhat sexier clothes. Or promote more random chirarism events (a glimpse of sexy, a good pose etc).
- masturbation events (maybe?).

Good idea, but it shouldn't be going too far early on, this would be unnatural with the rest of the setting IMO.

edit: BTW I just launched the game, and I'm curious about one thing: what resolution is the game built with? 1080p? Or the native rpg one?
For masturbation, once you can start groping her regularly I plan to add an event where during the night if her lust is at 100 she'll masturbate and one where she does so in the shower.

Yeah, I don't plan on doing the blackjack stuff now. Maybe during the next phase when you can grope her freely.

As for the resolution, I'm using a script that *should* set it to 1280x720.

Manamana

Tentacle God
Reputation score

OK, I couldn't resist, I played a little and there is a typo: Simpe Project -> Simple Project.

Also:
- You can't see any statistic after rising one? Is it by design or just waiting to be added?
- Just a thing, but maybe she can start with even more sober clothes? A jean instead of a shorty jean, and using an actual bra? Especially for the night, she's way too daring/trusting currently IMO: I suggest pajamas, and quickly pass to her current clothes once she feels more comfortable with the mc? Some kind of prologue before he even starts to actually masturbate to her maybe.
- The various stats explanations in the beginning are good and all, but you should maybe add a reminder help somewhere, maybe in a help menu?
- Will the mc also be somehow to get better? Better physically fit for example, so that he can play passively with the girl hormones a little? Or maybe events when she see accidentally his dick, to fire up her interest?
- Are you just using the base Studio or maybe also the latest DLC? Did you know that Illusion released a pack of a lot of community shared scenes? Maybe that would be useful for you...

As for the resolution, I'm using a script that *should* set it to 1280x720.
Doesn't work: current resolution is 816x624.
Is there any way to a full HD 1080p version BTW?

PS: You should try a tipping/motivation patreon like the one Mizuki is doing, just paypal like system to donate every big new version. But I guess you are waiting for more content :)

OP
D

dardamex

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

OK, I couldn't resist, I played a little and there is a typo: Simpe Project -> Simple Project.
Thanks. Fixed it.

Also:
- You can't see any statistic after rising one? Is it by design or just waiting to be added?
- Just a thing, but maybe she can start with even more sober clothes? A jean instead of a shorty jean, and using an actual bra? Especially for the night, she's way too daring/trusting currently IMO: I suggest pajamas, and quickly pass to her current clothes once she feels more comfortable with the mc? Some kind of prologue before he even starts to actually masturbate to her maybe.
- The various stats explanations in the beginning are good and all, but you should maybe add a reminder help somewhere, maybe in a help menu?
- Will the mc also be somehow to get better? Better physically fit for example, so that he can play passively with the girl hormones a little? Or maybe events when she see accidentally his dick, to fire up her interest?
- Are you just using the base Studio or maybe also the latest DLC? Did you know that Illusion released a pack of a lot of community shared scenes? Maybe that would be useful for you...
- Pressing the SHIFT key should bring up a status menu. I don't know what it'd be mapped to on a gamepad, if it is at all.
- I like her current regular clothes. I think they show enough skin without being too risque. For her sleep clothes, I see your point but I think she's trusting / naive enough to not really think about it, especially since she has that divider there. Plus, it's summer time so wearing something loose and light makes sense.
- I guess I could add the ability to repeat the system explanation in the menu for Cal's Stuff.
- Nah, he's gonna stay a fat loser. As for accidentally seeing him I plan on having a lot of events take place in the shower, so she'll probably end up seeing it there early on.
- I'm using the recently released expansion plus all current DLC. I didn't know about the community packs of scenes, though.

Doesn't work: current resolution is 816x624.
Is there any way to a full HD 1080p version BTW?
816x624 is the native resolution and it always seems to launch at that size. Once you maximize it it should be in 720p (though stretched to your desktop size). I know this at least works because before I started using the script even when maximized all my pictures (and the map backgrounds) were horribly cropped.

The screen scales when you maximize or full screen it. The pictures are all in 720p so making it natively 1080p wouldn't have much benefit.

PS: You should try a tipping/motivation patreon like the one Mizuki is doing, just paypal like system to donate every big new version. But I guess you are waiting for more content :)
I've been thinking about getting on patreon. I have quite a few project ideas and even some started to various points. However, I want to complete a project first to show that I can actually deliver and give a complete example of the sort quality that can be expected before I start <strike>begging</strike> asking for money.

I think there's way too many people who jump on patreon with a barely working demo of their first game.

Manamana

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Some other points:
- Is it possible to make right clicking hiding the story text? I don't think there is a way to do that now?
- Maybe also a way to skip already seen text? And show the already seen text in another color?
- Another problem: at night before she changes herself, she already is in her night clothes in the images. She should be in her day clothes though:

- Pressing the SHIFT key should bring up a status menu. I don't know what it'd be mapped to on a gamepad, if it is at all.
Doesn't work on my keyboard though? I tried with US keyboard just in case, but same result.

- I like her current regular clothes. I think they show enough skin without being too risque. For her sleep clothes, I see your point but I think she's trusting / naive enough to not really think about it, especially since she has that divider there. Plus, it's summer time so wearing something loose and light makes sense.
Fair enough.

- I'm using the recently released expansion plus all current DLC. I didn't know about the community packs of scenes, though.
Here it is:

It's all of their scenes which are usually blocked for non JP IPs...

816x624 is the native resolution and it always seems to launch at that size. Once you maximize it it should be in 720p (though stretched to your desktop size). I know this at least works because before I started using the script even when maximized all my pictures (and the map backgrounds) were horribly cropped.

The screen scales when you maximize or full screen it. The pictures are all in 720p so making it natively 1080p wouldn't have much benefit.
Oh OK, you mean that the game is 16/9, and that the native resolution is 720p.
I understand better now.

I've been thinking about getting on patreon. I have quite a few project ideas and even some started to various points. However, I want to complete a project first to show that I can actually deliver and give a complete example of the sort quality that can be expected before I start <strike>begging</strike> asking for money.

I think there's way too many people who jump on patreon with a barely working demo of their first game.
OK!

OP
D

dardamex

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Some other points:
- Is it possible to make right clicking hiding the story text? I don't think there is a way to do that now?
- Maybe also a way to skip already seen text? And show the already seen text in another color?
- Another problem: at night before she changes herself, she already is in her night clothes in the images. She should be in her day clothes though
- I could probably find scripts for hiding the text box and for message skip.
- Yeah, I realize there's a disconnect between the background image for the map and those events. I plan on having Megan in her pajamas for every other event that I have planned for that time.

Doesn't work on my keyboard though? I tried with US keyboard just in case, but same result.
It's working for me. Are you using v0.28.4? I broke it somewhere between v0.22 and v0.28 when I added in 'Favor Points' but fixed it by 0.28.4.

Here it is:

It's all of their scenes which are usually blocked for non JP IPs...
Thanks. I'll have to take a look at it.

Manamana

Tentacle God
Reputation score

- I could probably find scripts for hiding the text box and for message skip..
Good, skip until unread is good :)

- Yeah, I realize there's a disconnect between the background image for the map and those events. I plan on having Megan in her pajamas for every other event that I have planned for that time.
OK.

It's working for me. Are you using v0.28.4? I broke it somewhere between v0.22 and v0.28 when I added in 'Favor Points' but fixed it by 0.28.4.
I was using 0.28.3. With .4 it works now :)

OP
D

dardamex

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I was using 0.28.3. With .4 it works now :)
Great. I was starting to worry that there was something broken I had no idea how to fix.

If plan to play the current version I'd be grateful to know if you're able to activate the kissing scene. It should activate automatically once you move into the Afternoon with Affection at 98, Lust at 77, and Lewdness at 21.

Abelius

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hi there!

Thanks for being working on the game on a daily basis. I'm really liking this little game so far. Mainly because you seem to be just in my line of thinking regarding incest story style. :D

Just one thing: I've clicked on 'spy and masturbate' in the night, with these stats...:

Aff: 32
Lust: 10
Lewd: 5
Susp: 10

...and it doesn't do anything at all.

Edit: I'm using last version 0.28.4

Cheers!

OP
D

dardamex

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Hi there!

Thanks for being working on the game on a daily basis. I'm really liking this little game so far. Mainly because you seem to be just in my line of thinking regarding incest story style. :D

Just one thing: I've clicked on 'spy and masturbate' in the night, with these stats...:

Aff: 32
Lust: 10
Lewd: 5
Susp: 10

...and it doesn't do anything at all.

Edit: I'm using last version 0.28.4

Cheers!
Yeah, I messed up here. How the mouse system works is I create invisible events around the tags on the map. To cover the entire tag (and slightly around it) I have to have create multiple instances of the event -- sometimes, though, I only update one of those events and forget to do the rest.

Try clicking near the first 'D' in divider and see if the works, it looks like I only updated that one event. I'll fix it when I create a new version, which shouldn't be long from now.

EDIT: Also, it looks like RPG Maker MV has a built-in 'skip text' function when you press Z. Skipping only previously read text, though, seems beyond simple scripting.

Manamana

Tentacle God
Reputation score

If plan to play the current version I'd be grateful to know if you're able to activate the kissing scene. It should activate automatically once you move into the Afternoon with Affection at 98, Lust at 77, and Lewdness at 21.
Seems to work AFAIK.
Just that:
- too much text without image in the beginning of the scene. Though maybe it's just temporary and you plan to add on it later?
- BTW you should from your images, it would be better for immersion and more discrete.