What's new

RPG Patreon Active Unknown/Hiatus RPG Maker [SHOEGAZER] Dungeons and Prisoners (RJ113419)

Eskella

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: RJ113419 - Dungeons and Prisoners (Still only the same demo, no update yet)

Does anyone know where the state descriptions (from the details) page are listed? I'd hoped to translate some of the buffs/debuffs to at least figure out what some spells do but I can't figure out where that info is saved.

markus0i

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Does anyone know where the state descriptions (from the details) page are listed? I'd hoped to translate some of the buffs/debuffs to at least figure out what some spells do but I can't figure out where that info is saved.
As far as I know, Monkeyman translated everything, but due to ill's eyeball eating illness, much of it hasn't been put in game. Maybe MM could send some of the translations to the mod people? Although I think ill was paying MM for the top quality translation, so him doing that would be shooting himself in the foot financially.

Gamer23

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

As far as I know, Monkeyman translated everything, but due to ill's eyeball eating illness, much of it hasn't been put in game. Maybe MM could send some of the translations to the mod people? Although I think ill was paying MM for the top quality translation, so him doing that would be shooting himself in the foot financially.
Really? It eats the eyeball? I thought it was only some skin condition.

Bryanis

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Really? It eats the eyeball? I thought it was only some skin condition.
If only.

It just that his Illness have side effect (or side illness).
I don't have the twit where Ill say the name, but if my memory is good, you can say the skin and eye trouble are some of the side illness of his true illness.

There have already been a couple of argument about his illness on the thread. If you really want the details, I'll let Ill or someone with medical training make the full explanation....

Dimly Lit Hamster

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Nah, 'tis pro-bono :L Honestly, I'm not 100% sure if that's even still going ahead anymore? Last time I was talking to ILL he was all for it, but that was a few months ago now.

I don't think I have the files anymore, or if I do they're buried somewhere deep in the clusterfuck I call a filing system :p I'll see what I can find, though I'll be honest, I don't actually remember doing States? It's possible ILL already had them done because I remember a rudimentary English translation of most menus was in the game before I started work on it.

Cupio

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

It's pretty much just the case that the demo at one point had so much promise and was of such a high quality that it created some pretty significant hype. It also provided a surprisingly large amount of gameplay content in latter builds.

So you've basically got two types of people who are likely to keep checking out the thread over the long term even with the release looking unlikely at this point; Folks who were caught up in the height of the hype and folks who got a full-game worth of enjoyment out of a free demo. There's plenty of overlap there, mind you.

That's where all those views come from. Those two types of people popping their head in just in case there's an update on a regular basis. The thread itself was immense even before progress actually slowed, to be fair.
The fact that the author actually come to this forum to have discussions (which counts for a lot) and try to give the game some English support, combine with the fact that the game does look quite promising, and its not at all that surprising that this game got this much attention and discussion. I have not really been keeping up with this thread so I dunno if the author still comes here but a TON of discussion was generated because he did.

Yuan-Tiki

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

He popped in very briefly a little while ago, but didn't really have much to say.

macer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

New tweet from ILL with some patch.
Probably nothing big ;\

Sir-Sabin

Demon Girl
Reputation score

The Good News is He's Working on fixing the bugs in it

duck666

Tentacle God
Reputation score

... Working...
I know not everyone is as pessimistic as I am, but 'ILL" and 'work" has be skeptical for over a year now...

lazycat

Lurker
Reputation score

I know not everyone is as pessimistic as I am, but 'ILL" and 'work" has be skeptical for over a year now...
Well, he did release a patch via twitter earlier that was related to having too many items lying on the floor if I'm not mistaken.

smilez

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Well, he did release a patch via twitter earlier that was related to having too many items lying on the floor if I'm not mistaken.
Much 1 years work ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌

Arde645

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Well, I had a bit of free time this week so I decided to add a couple stuff.

ARDE Mod V6.0 for DnP V4.01
Changes:
-Added Bugbear, Sahuagin, Goblin Chef, Mind Flayer, and Maneater (R&B) to the Monster Spawner.
-Added clarifications to some of the messages.
-That's all, I was a lazy shit.

Backup your maps. Explore Miene's Room if this is your first time using this mod.

As usual, report any problems and I might fix them.

Attachments

Last edited:

Hawk999

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

As usual, report any problems and I might fix them.[/I]
THank you a lot!
I appreciate your work and had quite some fun with it
wish there were a reputation system still to give you some of the deserved dedication-points

Vyrinic

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Changes:
-Added Bugbear, Sahuagin, Goblin Chef, Mind Flayer, and Maneater (R&B) to the Monster Spawner.
-Added clarifications to some of the messages.
-That's all, I was a lazy shit.

Backup your maps. Explore Miene's Room if this is your first time using this mod.

As usual, report any problems and I might fix them.

I found an issue, but I'm not entirely sure if its related to the mods i installed that are posted on the main blog. Anyways the issue is that Lynn follows me around, even though she's not supposed to enter the area, or is lost already.

SirMalo

Cthulhu
Reputation score

My ass is happy.

Let's see if there's a new update as soon as this thread has 1000 sides full of quality comments. ;)

Arde645

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I found an issue, but I'm not entirely sure if its related to the mods i installed that are posted on the main blog. Anyways the issue is that Lynn follows me around, even though she's not supposed to enter the area, or is lost already.
Depends, which areas is she appearing in? I allowed her entry into Heaven in a previous version of the mod because doing the same thing over and over again gets boring, so I decided to spice it up a bit.

No idea about the lost bit. Do you mean she died and is respawning or "lost" in the infinite dungeon and then showing up again?

Vyrinic

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Depends, which areas is she appearing in? I allowed her entry into Heaven in a previous version of the mod because doing the same thing over and over again gets boring, so I decided to spice it up a bit.

No idea about the lost bit. Do you mean she died and is respawning or "lost" in the infinite dungeon and then showing up again?
After the ship scene, you're suppose to "lose" lynn, as a party member. However she still follows me around like nothing is wrong.
I got her off the party by ditching her in the abyss dungeon

lazycat

Lurker
Reputation score

After the ship scene, you're suppose to "lose" lynn, as a party member. However she still follows me around like nothing is wrong.
I got her off the party by ditching her in the abyss dungeon
The ship is the end of demo, after that you're allowed free roam.

You can also interact with the sword-shelf thing next to the infinite dungeon entrance to 'shelf' Lynn.

(note that by default she won't go into other combat area with you except the infinite dungeon)