What's new

RPG Patreon Active Unknown/Hiatus RPG Maker [SHOEGAZER] Dungeons and Prisoners (RJ113419)

Yuan-Tiki

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Re: RJ113419 - Dungeons and Prisoners

I have suicidal headaches where the pain is so bad that I black out sometimes, I didn't even want to live once when it got really bad. I can't even drive safely because of this and i can't even go out to take out the trash in winters because i might die from the cold if i black out (I learned that the hard way.) This is chronical and the doctors still don't have any decent fixes for this aside from medication, which I'm almost 100% certain are placebos.

So, I know how it is to have medical problems. But, this is a hentai forum, not medical soliciting forum.

Let's be real here, I've taken glances at Ill's twitter, and I see maginobi, or some other game that's being played and posted, and i can't help but think, "should Ill even be on the computer if there is so much pain?"

It's been roughly 5 years or so since this thread's been made. You're all getting played in my opinon and the name of the game is pity. I for one hate taking donations just to help me with my medical conditions and work at home now... with a pillow just in case.

I'm still sorta surprised noone's really made a psudo copy of this game's mechanics aside from maidensnow since it's been so long.
Eh, you're not the first to take exception to the situation, but at the end of the day it wasn't Ill who pushed for the patreon in the first place and there's absolutely no need to donate using it unless you feel the need to personally.

I know I don't, but I'm not losing sleep over other people choosing to.

At the end of the day, I've long since given up on the game being completed. I got a lot of enjoyment out of the demo, more than many full games in fact and it never cost me a penny. It's a good enough product that if I'm proved wrong and Ill does ever finish the project, I'll almost certainly buy the finished version, but I don't feel any need to contribute before then or on a regular basis. Some people do, they want to give a little back and that's their choice.

Anyone who donates thinking it will speed up the game's development is making a mistake, but as long as folks are aware of what the Patreon is there for, I don't see anything wrong with it.

But I can appreciate your stance as well. I'm not even comfortable accepting lifts from friends unless we're particularly close, so I can certainly understand being uncomfortable with the idea of receiving donations.

But I think it's hard to say that we're getting played. The status of the game is no real secret and as much as a lot of us keep an eye on this thread in case development does meaningfully restart, I don't think the majority really expect the game to be released at this point. I know I don't.

For the record, as I understand it the condition in question makes focusing on work like coding or creating artwork somewhere between difficult and impossible depending on how it's playing up at the time (rather than being a simple pain-level situation). Personally, I think the main problem is that the condition's irregular nature has long since killed the *momentum* more than it actually preventing Ill from actually working at all times. It is a one man indie game after all, and maintaining progress on a project like that is hard enough at the best of times, there's a reason so many games get abandoned before completion.

I'd love to see some more games using the features explored in this game, personally. The main stumbling block to that is likely that they aren't off the shelf things, it's all (to my knowledge) coded in by Ill himself and would presumably take a meaningful amount of work to duplicate putting it well outside the reach of the average RPG maker style developer.

Totally agree with this. I'm fine with people giving him money out of solidarity, just don't expect the development to not slow down to a crawl. You can't take away someones incentives for work and expect his work ethic to stay the same. Fine by me if you have so much sympathy for him and pay him solely for charity, his condition sucks and I don't envy him for it. Just be aware of why development has slowed down so much, and accept that you've most likely played a role in it.
As I've already proposed, there's humane compromises to this situation but everyone seems to want to signal about how much they care about his condition as soon as anyone dares to propose ways of changing this status quo, but once the discussion has cooled down everyone starts lamenting the lack of updates again.
I'm not certain on the timeline, but it's my belief that progress was all but halted by Ill's condition flaring up before the Patreon was ever set up and that progress never really recovered. Patreon as a funding method for games like this has always been a problem, but I don't think it's relevant in this case simply because I don't believe it existing is what stopped development and I don't think removing it would make it any more likely at all. It's a non-factor, even though it's often the deciding factor in similar projects. I've got a lot of time for Ill and his game, but it's worth reiterating that people are free to continue or stop donating as their conscience, funds, whims or theories dictate, but chances are development of the game will be entirely unaffected whatever happens.

I hope to be proved wrong, but the game's basically dead at this point and has been for some time.

Last edited:

El Fuerte

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Yay! So he is still alive! :D

Glad to see you aktive again! :)

ragedude

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Feel bad for the Developor for what he is going though does sound hellish. but, i am also suprised that no one have picked up the game, for I really think the game had potentional. but seems like it might never be realised. And for the people who think he is scamming people on patreon, I dont think so, i am happy that people want to support him, not because of his game, for there does not seem to be anything of game in sight, but just to help a man, so yeah, not like he have not been honest about it, Even his patreon referes to Money will go to medical expense

El Fuerte

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Feel bad for the Developor for what he is going though does sound hellish. but, i am also suprised that no one have picked up the game, for I really think the game had potentional. but seems like it might never be realised. And for the people who think he is scamming people on patreon, I dont think so, i am happy that people want to support him, not because of his game, for there does not seem to be anything of game in sight, but just to help a man, so yeah, not like he have not been honest about it, Even his patreon referes to Money will go to medical expense
What Medical expenses? 0 o

I just wanna support him because he seemed like a nice person ^^

OP
habisain

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I'm still sorta surprised noone's really made a psudo copy of this game's mechanics aside from maidensnow since it's been so long.
Normally I stay out of this thread, but an important note: DnP is copying MaidenSnow, and not the other way around. Unpack the scripts of DnP - You will find that it is using scripts from MaidenSnow. Note that there is nothing inherently wrong with this: Ramble Rabbit (MaidenSnow's author) did publish some of his scripts for others to use. However, there was some falling out between Ramble Rabbit and ILL, which is why ILL is reluctant for there to be any comparisons between DnP and MaidenSnow (he stated as much on this forum, but a very, very long time ago and I'm not sure in which thread). Note that I'm not privy to the details of this falling out, although I could hazard a guess.

SirMalo

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Normally I stay out of this thread, but an important note: DnP is copying MaidenSnow, and not the other way around. Unpack the scripts of DnP - You will find that it is using scripts from MaidenSnow. Note that there is nothing inherently wrong with this: Ramble Rabbit (MaidenSnow's author) did publish some of his scripts for others to use. However, there was some falling out between Ramble Rabbit and ILL, which is why ILL is reluctant for there to be any comparisons between DnP and MaidenSnow (he stated as much on this forum, but a very, very long time ago and I'm not sure in which thread). Note that I'm not privy to the details of this falling out, although I could hazard a guess.
As long as everyone is fine with that i have zero problems if that's the case. The mechanics from MaidenSnow are cool and building another game around it isn't bad at all. There are already enough shitty HRPGs to witness.

Kitin

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

can you make lyn stay somewhere in a dungeon and not follow you?

Yuan-Tiki

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

last town, i think there is a rack there u can put her
She can also get kidnapped and lost in the dungeon sometimes, at which point finding and recovering her can be more of a trick than avoiding doing so, potentially.

Junk-Hobo

Demon Girl
Reputation score

She can also get kidnapped and lost in the dungeon sometimes, at which point finding and recovering her can be more of a trick than avoiding doing so, potentially.
That is pretty true as I'm gonna do that. Go down the infinite dungeon venture forward deeper down and then exit on a floor and come back to find her again.

Maybe that should be the next challenge then just how far you travel down the endless dungeon. Intentionally have Lynn get defeated and leave her. (For success make sure her active avatar disappears from you and go to the next floor) And then post your success if you can.

Yuan-Tiki

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

As a meta-game, I always enjoyed going in to the infinite dungeon vaguely pure and going down as far as I possibly could until it all went completely, utterly wrong.

Then trying to escape and recover and fight my way back up to safety the hard way. No scrolls, just whatever items are left in the aftermath and Lynn if she even survived.

souldead341

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

What Medical expenses? 0 o

I just wanna support him because he seemed like a nice person ^^
I don't remember the full issues, but if I recall right he had a specific issue with his eyes, that makes it impossible to look at a screen at times.

El Fuerte

Sex Demon
Reputation score

I don't remember the full issues, but if I recall right he had a specific issue with his eyes, that makes it impossible to look at a screen at times.
oh ok = (

I hope he doesn´t forces himself then . . . = /

ragedude

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Well good to know there is a game with similar Mechanics. And well Useing Mechanics from other games, i have never seen as a major problem. because i would like to try more with this gameplay

Lokes

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hey guys, I would like to ask you, how the state of this game is now.

A while back I played it once.. and kinda liked it, but the game ended fast (was it a demo?).

Is it fully released now and english? Or is it still in development?

bugger

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hey guys, I would like to ask you, how the state of this game is now.

A while back I played it once.. and kinda liked it, but the game ended fast (was it a demo?).

Is it fully released now and english? Or is it still in development?
Still the same demo, with some updates, but nothing in terms of actual new content. (IIRC he transitioned/tried to to another newer RPG maker engine?) There are a few gamer-made MODs (spawning room) also.

Lokes

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Still the same demo, with some updates, but nothing in terms of actual new content. (IIRC he transitioned/tried to to another newer RPG maker engine?) There are a few gamer-made MODs (spawning room) also.
Mhm I see, that's too bad, I was really hoping for the game to actually progress. But anyway, thank you for the reply. :>

souldead341

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

English please? :)
Do you mean the game, which has an english translation (though not 100% complete or perfect) built into it?

Just go into the options menu, and scroll all the way to the bottom and the language option is there.

Sayathing11

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Is the game still not finished? Don't misunderstood though, I want a game that's been on development for years and come out with great quality, than a game that been on development for a short time and came out a trash.

is it finished?
I can't really tell, but I checked the page and It seems it's still not, rayt?