What's new

RPG Patreon Active Unknown/Hiatus RPG Maker [SHOEGAZER] Dungeons and Prisoners (RJ113419)

Teaz

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: RJ113419 - Dungeons and Prisoners

I'm totally surprised that ILL didn't open this up on offbeatr.com or patreon.com :D the graphics and work are both amazing in this game and I'm sure ILL would get lots of fan support on those sort of sites. :)
I dunno man, there are those who started hard, but ended up half-assed when they see their fans keep supporting him both with praises and moneys...

like Akabur, for example?

I preferred the old fashioned way, especially since people would buy it anyway if it's really that good...

SoaringSpirit

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

No. Not even close. Paladins can get at the very most 4th level divine spells. Miene can get 9th level divine spells, something only available to Clerics and Druids. Miene is not a Druid, as she can wear armor and beat people to death and has no Druid abilities. Also, she worships and gets her powers from a dragon god. That makes her a Cleric.

More over, Paladins are strictly required to be Lawful Good. If they shift alignment away from that, they lose their powers. Clerics have a lot more flexibility when it comes to alignment restrictions.

Also, no Divine caster casts from Charisma in D&D. Not even the Paladin (Charisma is used for abilities, Wisdom for spells). Pathfinder has the Oracle, which is a Divine spellcaster using Charisma, but Pathfinder isn't D&D.
Favoured Soul (D&D Complete Divine) uses charisma to determine amount of spells and wis to determine strength. Basically a divine sorcerer with weapon focus and armor.

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

So what sort of class would a Chaotic Good (For the Greater Good) fit in?

FlyingBanana

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

The alignments in D&D works in two dimensions: good-neutral-evil, and lawful-neutral-chaotic. A good character can be lawful good, neutral good, or chaotic good, for instance.

Most classes can be any alignment, it's just a few that have alignment restrictions. The paladin is the most restrictive (only lawful good), bards and barbarians can be anything non-lawful, monks can only be lawful, and druids have to be neutral in at least one direction (neutral good, neutral evil, chaotic neutral, lawful neutral or true neutral/neutral neutral).

Other than those restrictions though, classes can be any alignment. A wizard or cleric/favoured soul can just as easily be neutral good as lawful evil.

If I had to choose a stereotypical 'chaotic good' it would be the bard, with barbarians/rogues in second.

Bryanis

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

So what sort of class would a Chaotic Good (For the Greater Good) fit in?

From memories (haven't oppened a DD / ADD book for years, and don't have them with me), that seem about right for the different alignment. Of course, there a bit of personnal interpretation

In short, chaotic good are people who do good thing, withtout following the rule. (you can say : I do good, not right :p ).

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score

No. Not even close. Paladins can get at the very most 4th level divine spells. Miene can get 9th level divine spells, something only available to Clerics and Druids. Miene is not a Druid, as she can wear armor and beat people to death and has no Druid abilities. Also, she worships and gets her powers from a dragon god. That makes her a Cleric.

More over, Paladins are strictly required to be Lawful Good. If they shift alignment away from that, they lose their powers. Clerics have a lot more flexibility when it comes to alignment restrictions.

Also, no Divine caster casts from Charisma in D&D. Not even the Paladin (Charisma is used for abilities, Wisdom for spells). Pathfinder has the Oracle, which is a Divine spellcaster using Charisma, but Pathfinder isn't D&D.
Paladins as of the latest editions can be of any alignment, and I think D&P started production when that happened.

Still, maybe she just doesnt' feel very Cleric-y because she uses a sword in promotional art, and I think Clerics are stereotypically associated with blunt weapons in D&D...

OP
habisain

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

While the debates fun, ILL's stated that DragonMaiden is a custom class. Personally, I think that it's actually closest to Bard in the core set (mainly with a different spell list - it's certainly not the base bardic magic set, but considering that bardic magic contains arcane and divine, it's a fairly good match - and losing bard song for some more combat ability).

Incidentally, if memory serves D&P is loosely based off D&D 3.5e.

Sarav

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

is there a mega link for this? i dont really feel like goingn through 200+ pages to find it

sorry
Actually yes. It's called going to the FIRST PAGE and going to his english blog.

noman

Lurker
Reputation score

While the debates fun, ILL's stated that DragonMaiden is a custom class. Personally, I think that it's actually closest to Bard in the core set (mainly with a different spell list - it's certainly not the base bardic magic set, but considering that bardic magic contains arcane and divine, it's a fairly good match - and losing bard song for some more combat ability).

Incidentally, if memory serves D&P is loosely based off D&D 3.5e.
Hmm. I reckon she's just the typical MC class - high health, high mana, ridiculously high DPS (both magic and physical skills) and defense. Essentially if your level is high enough you can make god your bitch.

Meyi

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Does anyone have any insight as to what happened to ILL? His twitter feed has gone silent for a while. I hope it's that he's super focused on his game.

Mashi

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Does anyone have any insight as to what happened to ILL? His twitter feed has gone silent for a while. I hope it's that he's super focused on his game.
ILL posted here a week or two back, they're known for going silent for a bit.

cavecricket48

Sex Demon
Reputation score

ILL posted here a week or two back, they're known for going silent for a bit.
Hopefully it's not as long as when ILL had to deal with that monitor of his ruining his eyesight...

Yuan-Tiki

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Hmm. I reckon she's just the typical MC class - high health, high mana, ridiculously high DPS (both magic and physical skills) and defense. Essentially if your level is high enough you can make god your bitch.
Cleric in a world of not-clerics. :)

Crispin

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Except for the Favored Soul, which is functionally a sorcerer equivalent.
Huh... I totally forgot they used Charisma. Odd, as I used FS to multiclass once. >_>

Last edited:

cavecricket48

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Is there a reason the Ochre Jellies became so ridiculously hard to clear? I've had to resort to always running away from them because they have some ridiculously high rate of splitting.

avgnar

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I believe one of the patches fixes the splitting issue? I noticed after applying the latest and running threw the dungeon again the Jellies where much easier to handle.

doomulol

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

can i ask whats the updates or current progression of this whats been added since the1st demo?....

Narly_Thotep

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Is there a reason the Ochre Jellies became so ridiculously hard to clear? I've had to resort to always running away from them because they have some ridiculously high rate of splitting.
You have to use a bludgeoning weapon to keep them from splitting.