What's new

RPG Patreon Active Unknown/Hiatus RPG Maker [SHOEGAZER] Dungeons and Prisoners (RJ113419)

Mingzors

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: RJ113419 - Dungeons and Prisoners

I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be Mine, I don't know why you'd think it should be something else. Like, it seems to be a direct transliteration of the romanisation and probably isn't supposed to be read as "Mine" as in Minecraft but rather as "Mi-ne" or "Mii-neh."

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score

I'm pretty sure there's an option not to be a virgin. One of your passives is "Virgin - +20% Magic Attack", so similiar to Virgin Island, you decide you love sexy time, you lose your bonus.
However that may be more for other characters. Didn't someone mention the dragon's... something... has to be a virgin? That sounds kind of plot important, so for Mine she may have to remain a virgin the entire game, and only loses it in a game over.

The virginity bonus may be more for future party members (Not Lynn, as she isn't a virgin).

helhansen84

Lurker
Reputation score

However that may be more for other characters. Didn't someone mention the dragon's... something... has to be a virgin? That sounds kind of plot important, so for Mine she may have to remain a virgin the entire game, and only loses it in a game over.

The virginity bonus may be more for future party members (Not Lynn, as she isn't a virgin).
that would be very disappointing. like all the other games that came out lately.
but those who like anal should have their fair share of games, too.

romanisation
greatest weakness of native english speaking people. seriously, y u no pronounce letters like everyone else :S
guess that would be too mainstream ;)

Last edited:

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score

that would be very disappointing. like all the other games that came out lately.
but those who like anal should have their fair share of games, too.
Well I'm just going by what I hear, and it sounds like Mine's virginity is kind of an important thing. Having her lose it would be your usual GoR kind of situation.

I don't know why a game needs the main character to lose virginity to be a good thing, particularly if the game establishes it to be a very bad thing (although, really realistically, there'd be no way to tell if a swordswoman WAS a virgin or not given the hymen is perfectly capable of tearing on its own but...)

OP
habisain

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be Mine, I don't know why you'd think it should be something else. Like, it seems to be a direct transliteration of the romanisation and probably isn't supposed to be read as "Mine" as in Minecraft but rather as "Mi-ne" or "Mii-neh."
The problem is that if you, as an English person, read the name as Mine, it is Mine as in Minecraft - ergo, something needs to change. I would go with Minnie because it's the closest western name to it, and the names do seem to be western (or at least foreign; foreign names are in Katakana, like ミーネ, so oriental pronounciations on Mi-ne, Mii-neh don't really work). I'd put this in a similar situation to say Cloud from FF7 say, whose Japanese name of クラウド romanises to Kuraudo.

krisslanza said:
Well I'm just going by what I hear, and it sounds like Mine's virginity is kind of an important thing. Having her lose it would be your usual GoR kind of situation.

I don't know why a game needs the main character to lose virginity to be a good thing, particularly if the game establishes it to be a very bad thing (although, really realistically, there'd be no way to tell if a swordswoman WAS a virgin or not given the hymen is perfectly capable of tearing on its own but...)
I don't think that the dragon doesn't mention that Minnies virginity as important - only that only a virgin can receive his protection. It seems to be the Virgin Power trope. Also, it isn't anything to do with hymens: Lynn (the swordswoman) was raped. It pretty much says so on her "Maidens Secrets" stats page. Anyhow, judging from the stuff that in the games code, if Minnie gets raped, she gets raped and the game goes on. It might be that you have to remain a virgin for a good end, but that's about it.

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score

I don't think that the dragon doesn't mention that Minnies virginity as important - only that only a virgin can receive his protection. It seems to be the Virgin Power trope. Also, it isn't anything to do with hymens: Lynn (the swordswoman) was raped. It pretty much says so on her "Maidens Secrets" stats page. Anyhow, judging from the stuff that in the games code, if Minnie gets raped, she gets raped and the game goes on. It might be that you have to remain a virgin for a good end, but that's about it.
Ah I see. I can't read any of the game (I can read kata/hira, but that doesn't mean I can translate it back), so I wasn't sure and just figured as she had that Virgin Barrier thing, that her virginity was kind of a plot point/game over if lost.

And really? Unusually realistically correct thing there - most H-games just always associate hymen with virginity, and make it invincible to everything that isn't a penis :p

sacredfire

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Are you only able to move diagonally during combat? Even though i spam one direction I only move if I try to move diagonally.

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score

What are all the "Maiden Secrets" Lynn has anyway? She seems to be fairly sexually experienced.

Or, at least, she was raped a lot. Which is surprising when she's a level 13 Bushi, and in D&D that means she's fairly badass.

Shadowknight502

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I'm still a little lost with this bar fight scene. As in, I can't seem to find it. Anywhere. Once i get to the port town, it won't let me do anything but get on the boat. Am I missing something here?

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

talk to the maid right at the beginning of the town

OP
habisain

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

And really? Unusually realistically correct thing there - most H-games just always associate hymen with virginity, and make it invincible to everything that isn't a penis :p
Don't think that's the case in this game. If I can get a translation working, I suppose you'll be able to see for yourself what I mean with regard to Lynns backstory.

Are you only able to move diagonally during combat? Even though i spam one direction I only move if I try to move diagonally.
Somethings going wrong if that's the case.

And incidentally, on the translation front: almost everything works. There's one unfortunate bug which affects equipment categories though, causing (for example) 'underwear' equipment to appear in the 'head' slot for some reason. So it's not plain sailing, unfortunately.

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score

And incidentally, on the translation front: almost everything works. There's one unfortunate bug which affects equipment categories though, causing (for example) 'underwear' equipment to appear in the 'head' slot for some reason. So it's not plain sailing, unfortunately.
There's a joke in that somewhere. Does it still functionally work, and you just lose out on headgear equips or something?

Hentie

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Just played the demo, indeed the side panel animation during sprite sex is excellent on top of an excellent looking game system. I may have to throw money at this developer!

cronosss

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Is there only a demo out yet?

OP
habisain

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

There's a joke in that somewhere. Does it still functionally work, and you just lose out on headgear equips or something?
There is a joke in there, which is why I picked that example. But reality isn't as funny: all the non-standard armor slots map onto standard armor slots when translated. So I'd call that functionally broken.

Also it looks like my translator broke the window resize script as well. Not sure how that happened...

EDIT: Think I've figured it out the armor slots thing now. The solution is going to be kinda crappy (need to build in Regex editing functionality to RPGMaker Trans VX, and dump out a few more fields, and make a custom Python program to fill in all the detail), but at least I know why it's going wrong.

Last edited:

agagagas

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Reminds me a great deal of final fantasy tactics, although I now realize that there was something very important missing from my childhood playtime :D

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score

There is a joke in there, which is why I picked that example. But reality isn't as funny: all the non-standard armor slots map onto standard armor slots when translated. So I'd call that functionally broken.

Also it looks like my translator broke the window resize script as well. Not sure how that happened...
Well I meant more in that does the game still function with underwear and helmets just switching slots, but still reflecting proper in-game?

If so, it's a weird bug, but it doesn't really gimp you in anyway. If you can't, then well yeah I guess it does gimp you.

Also replaying the demo a bit, the "dialogue" when she's being raped is probably saved as an image somewhere, meaning it'll probably need to be hard translated or something, wouldn't it? (Like Incubus Fantasy)

I also assume that bar fight is completely unwinnable. Minnie has all the accuracy of a blind man trying to hit the broadside of a barn - and missing.

alcaster42

Lurker
Reputation score

Reminds me a great deal of final fantasy tactics, although I now realize that there was something very important missing from my childhood playtime :D
Reminds me of Shining Force.
Because Shining Force has cut-scene.

OP
habisain

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Well I meant more in that does the game still function with underwear and helmets just switching slots, but still reflecting proper in-game?

If so, it's a weird bug, but it doesn't really gimp you in anyway. If you can't, then well yeah I guess it does gimp you.

Also replaying the demo a bit, the "dialogue" when she's being raped is probably saved as an image somewhere, meaning it'll probably need to be hard translated or something, wouldn't it? (Like Incubus Fantasy)

I also assume that bar fight is completely unwinnable. Minnie has all the accuracy of a blind man trying to hit the broadside of a barn - and missing.
Oh right. Well, strictly speaking yes, you can equip underwear as a helmet. But you must also equip Socks as a shield, Gloves as an Accessory and so on. Essentially, you lose half of your equipment slots - and that gimps you, because that's potentially a lot of stats (although not so much in the demo).

Anyhow, I think I've figured out the problem. I need more features in my translator to fix it, but it is doable.

Also, quite handily, you're wrong on text-images. When I said that the programmer had some serious skills, I meant it. The only text in the demo which is not an editable string in the game somewhere is the help screens you get when pressing F8. Everything else is somewhere in the code. The text you mentioned is scattered across a few of the Ruby scripts.

Incidentally, whilst I didn't try it out myself, someone did mention that you can glitch your way through the fight, by expoiting the fact that the spear/pole-axe type weapon can stab through doors, and bandits can't seem to open doors. However, as you'd expect, the fight is supposed to be unwinnable, so nothing happens even if you do beat them all.

Finally, Minnie's accuracy isn't that bad, I think. The issue is the D&D style rules, where armor causes attacks to miss rather than reducing damage. At least, I think that's what's happening in the code...