What's new

RPG Patreon Active Unknown/Hiatus RPG Maker [SHOEGAZER] Dungeons and Prisoners (RJ113419)

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: RJ113419 - Dungeons and Prisoners

Fap rage?

I'd say you're grasping at straws, but maybe that's a bit inconsiderate (xD)

graysock

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

someone said fap rage?

:p

avgnar

Demon Girl
Reputation score

:confused: This.. is why I usually hide from forums or posting my own thoughts.. O.O people attack each other like rabid dogs and it seems to be all my fault for bringing up the idea of expansions and DLC's.. It was simply a thought.. Nothing more people don't need to go berserk..

Back top topic then.. Can't wait to see the new content Ill! Your artistic style is amazing..

To Graysock's post: Your missing the after effects of the fap.. ^.^ When they tire out after there done!

moogles

Lurker
Reputation score

:confused: This.. is why I usually hide from forums or posting my own thoughts.. O.O people attack each other like rabid dogs and it seems to be all my fault for bringing up the idea of expansions and DLC's.. It was simply a thought.. Nothing more people don't need to go berserk..

Back top topic then.. Can't wait to see the new content Ill! Your artistic style is amazing..

To Graysock's post: Your missing the after effects of the fap.. ^.^ When they tire out after there done!
They have to pass time somehow waiting for a new demo :p

I'm sure ill is working hard to try to meet the deadline from what i can tell o_O
*mash F5 on Ill's blog* Soon™ (hopefully!)

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I still don't get why being enraged is now a requirement for pointing out someone's stupidity...

Somehow this is giving me the mental image of The Hulk running around correcting people...

Lucky777

Sex Demon
Reputation score

I had a question about RPG games in general.. Dungeons and Prisoners has some amazing game mechanics as well as CG and Heroine! Why don't creators usually make expansions for RPG games that are such a huge success? For instance expanding off of a previous game they make? I'm sure this will be a huge success when it is released.. So far the game itself has some amazing content already!
Huh?

If you mean sequels, those already do happen.

If you mean "further stories involving the same characters and the same setting" those can take place in sequels.

If you mean "why don't more game developers release games which tell half the story and then promise to tell the other half in another installment at full price"?

...Well it's because the consumers will obviously get annoyed at them.

Azunia

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Huh?

If you mean sequels, those already do happen.

If you mean "further stories involving the same characters and the same setting" those can take place in sequels.

If you mean "why don't more game developers release games which tell half the story and then promise to tell the other half in another installment at full price"?

...Well it's because the consumers will obviously get annoyed at them.
I think its more ment as a real expension... like for example that online game world of warcraft and alot others like that.... they add higher lvl caps / more items / more story as you keep your avatar and the equipment... and i dont see it as a bad idea at all for popular games.... for some games i rather like to "continue" my avatar then starting over again in what still feels like a different world with a few things like oh yeah i recognize that from the old game or so

Longherin

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

It depends on the scope of the game. WoW needs to constantly expand in order to keep a fanbase since it depends on subscriptions to get money, and if they don't keep releasing new content the players will get content burnout and stop playing and paying for the game.

A one type release game (like an RPG maker one) won't get as much income from an expansion or a path (hell, people mostly expect those for free), so it's...not as valuable.

From a less monetary viewpoint most people make a game without expanding to it because they have told the story they wanted to tell, so there's not much of a desire to.

It just depends on how the game is built.

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The problem is, an RPG is generally a complete story, ending in you defeating the "big bad"

Making an expansion and suddenly introducing a random "bigger bad" only detracts from the original experience (or at least, it's hard to really justify in terms of storytelling, which is kind of important for an RPG)

So it makes much more sense just making a sequel, as you're not so limited in what you can write.

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

A further limitation, as far as I know is that -for the mot part- RPG Maker titles generally don't support heavy DLC loads. They usually have to make a completely new release with the new content already implemented.

(Off topic follows)
When censuur said "random bigger bad" I was reminded of FFIX. And Necron. Trance Kuja should've been it. But no, we get some loosely explained end boss that can expel at a whim.
(Off topic end)

If there could be one RPG I wouldn't mind paid DLC for, it'd be this one. Even the demo is more developed than some full release titles.

ILL said he's making plans for another game some time ago. That will be something to see ^^v

avgnar

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I think its more ment as a real expansion... like for example that online game world of warcraft and a lot others like that.... they add higher lvl caps / more items / more story as you keep your avatar and the equipment... and i dont see it as a bad idea at all for popular games.... for some games i rather like to "continue" my avatar then starting over again in what still feels like a different world with a few things like oh yeah i recognize that from the old game or so

BINGO! He hit it on the money better than I could sadly.. :p But yes.. If a game has amazing REPLAY.. Experience.. then it would make sense to further more create a expansion to more so develop the story! Like World of Warcraft does.. And even with the very little play experience form Ill's game already I can already see that game having replay experience all the time..

To quote another post as well.. With big expansions though like WoW has those cost.. RPG creators could do the same sort of concept! If they thought about further more creating a big story with different enemies for the Heroine/hero to fight and deeper or newer quests / stories then they could charge another price for the expansion to add onto the original game especially if it's alot of content lol ;p

Last edited:

zarion

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Knowing ILL if he say 1 week than probably about 6 more months, for demo and 2 more years for full relase :D
Don't know if you ended up jinxing it or what, but it looks like we're in for yet another delay.

Last edited:

kb88

Banned
Reputation score

The demo is up on his JP site.

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Demo is up on both blogs now.

The English translation is not implemented yet, so you might want to give ILL a bit more time to finish that.

*edit*

Apparently the mega link is down, not entirely sure what's up with that (might not be finished uploading or ILL is reuploading)

Last edited:

Sion40k

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I wanted to post a picture of a hype train...but I need more posts.

...I just wanted to show my enthusiasm.

-EDIT-

Mega upload seems to be down for me on the English website. Its also down on the Japanese website...probably same download.

Last edited:

zarion

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Apparently he uploaded something he wasn't supposed to. Did anyone make it in time before he took it down, does anyone know what was inside?

Dimly Lit Hamster

Tentacle God
Reputation score

According to his twitter there was a test method in it that shouldn't have been.

zarion

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Damn, please tell me it had something to do with rape.

mystery99x

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Son of a bitch, my hopes went up only to get nuked just as fast. :D

fedefyr2

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I managed to grab the current version before the mega links went down, and its broken. I cant move or do anything after the first meeting with the kobold/dragon people, and each time i enter a new screen i got an error message.