What's new

Discussion Sex MUGEN 2.0 General Discussion Thread

Neoseraphim

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Sex MUGEN 2.0

I've hit a wall. For the life of me I can't figure out why every bao I've found has an issue with its middle-speed cowgirl animation (anims 7232 & 27232). After a couple ticks, the sprites for 7232 disappear and a couple ticks after that so does 27232, all the while the sprites in group 1540 are playing in succession. Also, the animation seems to play a second, slightly choppier/faster time each time it plays. Anyone know what the crap is happening and how to fix it?

Shinkaiser G

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

can you paste the anim code here or attach your cns

the bao i have has that issue fixed so it shouldn't be hard to figure out comparing the two

also there is some stuff posted on the uploader for riefsbyte anims for the basic kuromaru stuff + 2 new ones

Neoseraphim

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

can you paste the anim code here or attach your cns

the bao i have has that issue fixed so it shouldn't be hard to figure out comparing the two

also there is some stuff posted on the uploader for riefsbyte anims for the basic kuromaru stuff + 2 new ones
Attaching a zip file with the bao.cns and cns9_baomaru_cns.txt files in this version.

Attachments

Shinkaiser G

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

ok cool, i will look over it as soon as i get back from the store :)

when you are testing bao, does it give you any error message in the debug screen (with ctrl+D?) during those anims?

Neoseraphim

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

ok cool, i will look over it as soon as i get back from the store :)

when you are testing bao, does it give you any error message in the debug screen (with ctrl+D?) during those anims?

Thanks a million, I'm losing soooo much sleep over this and my back is murder after sitting here so much, haha. Really trying to get a better handle on this. And no, it does not.

Shinkaiser G

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

np!

so I looked at the code and swapped out the bao cns and baomaru cns to test, and even with yours it worked without the anim groups swapping, so not 100% sure on what's going on. I know exactly what it is you are talking about, but for whatever reason it still didn't happen. :confused:. With the bao I have, the only things that was messed with outside of what i did screwing around with baomaru.cns is the SFF and AIR.. so i think the issue is coming from something else, maybe the anim groups have the same number? What is the anim group for the 1540 sprites on your bao?

Last edited:

Neoseraphim

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

np!

so I looked at the code and swapped out the bao cns and baomaru cns to test, and even with yours it worked without the anim groups swapping, so not 100% sure on what's going on. I know exactly what it is you are talking about, but for whatever reason it still didn't happen. :confused:. With the bao I have, the only things that was messed with outside of what i did screwing around with baomaru.cns is the SFF and AIR.. so i think the issue is coming from something else, maybe the anim groups have the same number? What is the anim group for the 1540 sprites on your bao?
Sprite group 1540 is being used in anims 1560 and 1569. In my cns, I find anim 1569 being written once (line 20658 under state 1040, 0) with anim 1560 being written in many places under state 1051, 1)

EDIT: I also just noticed that state 1040 lacks a statedef at all. Anywhere. Like back with 6065. Is it possibly anything to do with that?????

Last edited:

E7N

Sex Demon
Reputation score

The problem I have with mugen "bundles" is that they are generally not friendly to new characters.

Don't remember what happened, but the old mugen setup just had X boxes and any characters fit.

These new ones like "queen of light" are supposed to have X set of characters stuck in X place.

Pretty lame tbh.

Shinkaiser G

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Sprite group 1540 is being used in anims 1560 and 1569. In my cns, I find anim 1569 being written once (line 20658 under state 1040, 0) with anim 1560 being written in many places under state 1051, 1)

EDIT: I also just noticed that state 1040 lacks a statedef at all. Anywhere. Like back with 6065. Is it possibly anything to do with that?????
I dont think so. The CNS I have has no statedef either...

Try this bao here:

backup your current bao and just overwrite everything with its contents except for the stuff you've been working on obviously, and see if that fixes it. This is the oldest ver. of bao I can find now, but even this one doesn't have that issue with the anims changing.

@e7n - im not sure i understand you but i think your talking about screenpacks? you just have to add extra slots if you want more characters for those in the config files

Neoseraphim

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I dont think so. The CNS I have has no statedef either...

backup your current bao and just overwrite everything with its contents except for the stuff you've been working on obviously, and see if that fixes it. This is the oldest ver. of bao I can find now, but even this one doesn't have that issue with the anims changing.
I tried that mugenryona1180 out a couple days ago and initially was relieved until I noticed that the only reason it -appears- fixed is because the entire throw actually doesn't have the middle speed animations for ANY of the positions. Watch close and you'll notice it's the same loop you get from holding Y. :'(

Shinkaiser G

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

hmmmm...okay :(

The only other thing I can think of is that it's being caused by another var conflict. IIRC with the code the change in animation is done by taking the base anim and increasing by the value of a certain variable, which could somehow triggering the other explod anim to play instead..? Not 100% sure. For the bao you're using as a base, where did you get it at? Ill DL that one and try to figure it out

Neoseraphim

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

hmmmm...okay :(

The only other thing I can think of is that it's being caused by another var conflict. IIRC with the code the change in animation is done by taking the base anim and increasing by the value of a certain variable, which could somehow triggering the other explod anim to play instead..? Not 100% sure. For the bao you're using as a base, where did you get it at? Ill DL that one and try to figure it out
I've assured that the two cns files are no longer sharing any vars and at this point I have tried every bao on mugenryonasakura, another from a large 4shared torrent list and the one I started with which came from mugenryonadatabase which went down last December. Seriously, it almost seems like there simply -aren't- any fully-functioning versions of Bao out there. WHIIIICH.... At least makes me feel a little better knowing I'm that far from being the only guy who can't suss this punk out.

Neoseraphim

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I did it! I fixed it! I don't know how but something is wrong with animation number 7232. No matter what sprites you set into that number or what state or vars you attach it to, the effect discussed takes place. I noticed after I tried doing just that then when it failed, simply renumbered the same animation and attached the new number to the corresponding states and BAM! Works perfectly. Gonna release this new bao with a fully functioning baomaru_cns-style throw momentarily. :) Thanks for all the help guys! I'll be around!

Emerald_Gladiator

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Congrats Neo! I think a fully-functioning Bao was the dream of many a H-mugen gamer for a long time.

Hope you continue your work on other characters and looking forward to testing your Bao (should you choose to release it). :D

Neoseraphim

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Congrats Neo! I think a fully-functioning Bao was the dream of many a H-mugen gamer for a long time.

Hope you continue your work on other characters and looking forward to testing your Bao (should you choose to release it). :D
Just posted a 4shared link to the character on my tumblr (see sig).

Anything I make -will- be made public. I understand the guys who keep their work to themselves. And I believe the activity here demonstrates that they are not incorrect in their thinking. However, I also think there has to be at least a couple guys out there learning and helping the community remain productive in order to validate their sentiment as well. Another side of the coin, sorta. :)

Emerald_Gladiator

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I'll be taking a look at your Bao in a bit and give you some feedback.

But yes, I don't blame the hoarders/modders for their views (which I do share). Still, it's guys like you (assuming you're a dude) and sprite_lover, among others, who give me some hope for the H-mugen community. I'll be adding the newly uploaded sprites to my Ries (ah, they're so nicely organized and prepared that I feel all my work is wasted, because I've got most of those sprites on her anyway, though I had to rip the gifs and prep the images myself). When it's ready, I think I may just follow your example and put it out for the community as well.

Chun~Li

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Just posted a 4shared link to the character on my tumblr (see sig).

Anything I make -will- be made public. I understand the guys who keep their work to themselves. And I believe the activity here demonstrates that they are not incorrect in their thinking. However, I also think there has to be at least a couple guys out there learning and helping the community remain productive in order to validate their sentiment as well. Another side of the coin, sorta. :)
Good stuff Neo ;__;

You've inspired me to work even harder and learn more about mugen. I appreciate all the hard that came from you, sprite_lover, and everyone else that supported you guys.

Judael

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

just here to say keep it up. Western mugen-H world needs more people like you.
love what you're doing here and on your site.

Emerald_Gladiator

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Neo, the anims look incredibly clean and fluid, so good on ya for that.

I'm just complaining to myself here, but I wish Bao functioned a bit more like the mugen_raper one--cum finishes, different speeds, more sounds, internal cumshot anims, stuff like that. And I wish the AI raped; I usually just put my rapers in Watch mode and have them do the work, but AI Bao doesn't really do much, and when he actually gets into the rape anim, he just stays paused there. :/

But that's no slight to you, Neo. Just me bellyaching. Great work.
EDIT: Just saw the controls and I guess I need to go check out the speeds again. lol.

Neo, if you get a chance when you're talking to sprite_lover, can you beg him for sprite sheets? I really like his Leona and King (among many of his older characters), and would hope he doesn't forget about them before moving onto another character (as it looks like he's doing). :D

Last edited:

Neoseraphim

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

PS guys, I just found a non-h attack on the character that was broken but I was able to fix it easily. Re-visit my blog link for the version with the fix. Sorry, haha. I should have checked for non-h stuff too before releasing. It was the only one I could find though so this time it's for real. :)