What's new

[ScaleGarden] セイレンの竪琴 / Seiren Harp (RJ035000)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erochi Man

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Re: Seiren/セイレンの竪琴 RJ035000

This is so nice of you. Thank you very much for translating one of my favourite games! I love this community.

HappyGoomba

Sex Demon
Reputation score

I've just released a small update. I'm going to be releasing updates whenever I finish a map instead of waiting 'til I'm done with the entire area. Now that I'm at the Village, I'm into the main storyline, so there's more text per map than there was in the earlier areas.

I'm calling this one Update 3a. You need to have Update 3 installed to use it. It covers all of the events on the main Village map. That's 10 major dialogs in total, but only 2 before you run into Japanese text again. Next, I'll start in on Doug's house, with another 10 dialogs to do.

I'll release Update 4 when I'm done with all the Village and Rain is about to enter the Underground Ruin.

MichelleK2

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I've just released a small update. I'm going to be releasing updates whenever I finish a map instead of waiting 'til I'm done with the entire area. Now that I'm at the Village, I'm into the main storyline, so there's more text per map than there was in the earlier areas.

I'm calling this one Update 3a. You need to have Update 3 installed to use it. It covers all of the events on the main Village map. That's 10 major dialogs in total, but only 2 before you run into Japanese text again. Next, I'll start in on Doug's house, with another 10 dialogs to do.

I'll release Update 4 when I'm done with all the Village and Rain is about to enter the Underground Ruin.
Thank you again for your work on this. =)
xoxo

remi555

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

a new link please, the mediafire is dead

kR1pt0n1t3

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Hope this happens soon :) Can't wait for full release so I can come back here and bitch about the typos and mistakes :p

HappyGoomba

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Hope this happens soon :) Can't wait for full release so I can come back here and bitch about the typos and mistakes :p
Heh, I knew there was a reason I liked you.

I'll get back to Doug's house tonight. I took a break over the last couple of days to pursue my other hobby of turning vinyl into ones and zeros.

Last edited:

HappyGoomba

Sex Demon
Reputation score
Re: Sirens' Harp translation project

A long time coming, but I finally finished Doug's house. 9 major scenes with a couple of them very long. I had a couple cases of "translator's block", where I had real trouble figuring out what they were saying. Next is Rain's house with 7 major scenes, but none of them are as long as those two in Doug's house.

For other translators, I've found this site to be very helpful with single words and short phrases:

Follow the link in my sig for details, and as always, feedback and criticism are welcome.

MichelleK2

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Thanks a lot! I was waiting for this. =)
I'll check and let you know if Icome across any typos and such.

xoxo

One thing: during the titjob in Doug's house, text says "little /N[1]"

Last edited:

HappyGoomba

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Thanks a lot! I was waiting for this. =)
I'll check and let you know if Icome across any typos and such.

xoxo

One thing: during the titjob in Doug's house, text says "little /N[1]"
Got it. Front slash instead of backslash. I'll upload the fix later.

Last edited:

HappyGoomba

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Actually, I think I'll wait on the update. I've already started on the next bit, and I don't want to upload something half done. It's just a little typo.

MichelleK2

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Actually, I think I'll wait on the update. I've already started on the next bit, and I don't want to upload something half done. It's just a little typo.
Agree. No reason to make an update just for that.
Waiting for the rest. =)

xoxo

daede

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Begone Blue Bereted Beast and Rise Reborn Red Rain

Seeing as I can't do anything more on PF until the dang author stops with the updates allready I thought I would take a look at Sirens Harp see how the translation was going...

After 5 minutes though I just couldn't handle that awful hair colour anymore so I fixed it.

This won't appeal to everyone and for those who like the original Purple/Blue more power to you and all that, but for me and the few others like me who did not grow up around Anime, Manga and Similar sources of whackadoodle hair colours this might make things a little more tolerable.

And so without further ado I present to you... Red Rain!

Red Rain.7z
mega.co.nz/#!TJQlQSRZ!uBWrqfWEU-H7hXqaZjZXuTcfM7C6BLGI-NPTbZ6SVFI
Copy and Paste the link in a new window.

To install simply extract and copy the included Graphics folder over the original Graphics folder.

This took absolutely no effort whatsoever I just set up an automated action in Photoshop to shift the Purple/Blue to Orange/Brown and clipped out some pics to replicate the original title screen with a new one. The new hair and colour outfit is changed in ALL existing CG's and PIXEL art.

I have included the PSD for the title screen in case HappyGoomba wants to use it for the translation and as always he or anyone else is free to use and abuse all these files in anyway they see fit.

Any thanks, cookies, thumbs, reps and other gratuities go to HappyGoomba for taking on this translation.

Cheers,
Daede.

P.S.
The colour shifted surprisingly easy and given the appearance of the Breath of Fire & Iron character I wouldn't be surprised if this wasn't actually what was originally intended and at some point the author changed his mind and shifted the colours from this to that purple/blue, though for all I know the purple/blue is based of some famous character.

P.P.S.
If someone feels like fixing my link so its actually clickable please do so.

Attachments

Last edited:

Rrezz

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Oh Mah Gawd. I fucking love Scale Gardens, their games are always golden. and this is their first game? the only one I haven't played yet.
good luck with the translation Happy Gomba, you are doing gods work here.

kR1pt0n1t3

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Begone Blue Bereted Beast and Rise Reborn Red Rain

Seeing as I can't do anything more on PF until the dang author stops with the updates allready I thought I would take a look at Sirens Harp see how the translation was going...

After 5 minutes though I just couldn't handle that awful hair colour anymore so I fixed it.

This won't appeal to everyone and for those who like the original Purple/Blue more power to you and all that, but for me and the few others like me who did not grow up around Anime, Manga and Similar sources of whackadoodle hair colours this might make things a little more tolerable.

And so without further ado I present to you... Red Rain!

Red Rain.7z
mega.co.nz/#!TJQlQSRZ!uBWrqfWEU-H7hXqaZjZXuTcfM7C6BLGI-NPTbZ6SVFI
Copy and Paste the link in a new window.

To install simply extract and copy the included Graphics folder over the original Graphics folder.

This took absolutely no effort whatsoever I just set up an automated action in Photoshop to shift the Purple/Blue to Orange/Brown and clipped out some pics to replicate the original title screen with a new one. The new hair and colour outfit is changed in ALL existing CG's and PIXEL art.

I have included the PSD for the title screen in case HappyGoomba wants to use it for the translation and as always he or anyone else is free to use and abuse all these files in anyway they see fit.

Any thanks, cookies, thumbs, reps and other gratuities go to HappyGoomba for taking on this translation.

Cheers,
Daede.

P.S.
The colour shifted surprisingly easy and given the appearance of the Breath of Fire & Iron character I wouldn't be surprised if this wasn't actually what was originally intended and at some point the author changed his mind and shifted the colours from this to that purple/blue, though for all I know the purple/blue is based of some famous character.

P.P.S.
If someone feels like fixing my link so its actually clickable please do so.
GJ

Do some more variations since it takes no effort at all :)

Blonde, Black?

daede

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Well the main problem with doing more variations is that you have to come up with a punny name for each one! But fine, seeing as you asked I could do Light Rain/Toxic Rain for Blonde and Heavy Rain/Dusty Rain for Brunette but then I would have to change Red Rain to Summer Rain/Acid Rain.

Seriously though you can only easily shift a strong primary colour like Blue into other Strong primary colours desaturating or darkening the colour will create artefacts that would have to be corrected and that would be a lot work. This is why I went with Red in the first place, because it is the easiest shift to make. Black is totally out as it would create masses of artefacts on each and every one of the 500 images that would have to be corrected by hand.

Speaking of artefacts, I noticed a couple in the Red Rain I posted above. Seeing as I have to redo those ones I may as well do up a Brunette and a Blonde at the same time. I won't do any other variations because even though there genuinely is no work involved in doing this it still takes time to load up all 500 images in Photoshop press play on the action and eyeball the result to quickly scan for problems, but more importantly because try as I might I just can't get onboard with artificial hair colours.

Cheers
Daede.

Attachments

kR1pt0n1t3

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Well the main problem with doing more variations is that you have to come up with a punny name for each one! But fine, seeing as you asked I could do Light Rain/Toxic Rain for Blonde and Heavy Rain/Dusty Rain for Brunette but then I would have to change Red Rain to Summer Rain/Acid Rain.

Seriously though you can only easily shift a strong primary colour like Blue into other Strong primary colours desaturating or darkening the colour will create artefacts that would have to be corrected and that would be a lot work. This is why I went with Red in the first place, because it is the easiest shift to make. Black is totally out as it would create masses of artefacts on each and every one of the 500 images that would have to be corrected by hand.

Speaking of artefacts, I noticed a couple in the Red Rain I posted above. Seeing as I have to redo those ones I may as well do up a Brunette and a Blonde at the same time. I won't do any other variations because even though there genuinely is no work involved in doing this it still takes time to load up all 500 images in Photoshop press play on the action and eyeball the result to quickly scan for problems, but more importantly because try as I might I just can't get onboard with artificial hair colours.

Cheers
Daede.
Blonde look good also. ^_^

HappyGoomba

Sex Demon
Reputation score
Re: Begone Blue Bereted Beast and Rise Reborn Red Rain

Blasphemy!!

...not the hair color thing, the fact that you left the apostrophe off the word Sirens'.

Seriously, though, this is pretty cool. I like the purple hair so I'm not going to use it, but it's still nifty.

Teaz

Tentacle God
Reputation score

like always, games from this creator is always good in terms of gameplay and story...

but that's it, it lacks the important part of being a h-rpg, the h itself. in my opinion, all of their games (Seiren, Rhode, etc.) seemed always half-hearted in making the h scenes, and they never include the option to break the heroine completely, even though breaking heroines is, well, pretty much everything there is in a h-rpg with female main character...

don't get mistaken, this game is good as a 'game', sure, but as a 'h-rpg', it's meh at best

Status
Not open for further replies.