What's new

[ScaleGarden] セイレンの竪琴 / Seiren Harp (RJ035000)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kR1pt0n1t3

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Seiren/セイレンの竪琴 RJ035000

I can't remember exactly where it was anymore but when I did my UI & Item translation I fixed that shit and I increased the window size a bit so any text other then normal can also fit there.

<-- this is how it looks.

Here's the link to my UI & Item translation.

I think you can copy just scripts file for this to be applied to your translation.

Put those two pictures inside attachment inside "Graphics\Windowskins" to increase the size of the menu window.

EDIT:

So the text [Normal] is located in Window_Base line 175.

Yes, it is safe to change variable&switch names in 99.99% cases. The game uses the number of the variable and value of a variable. Name is just for the coder/programmer so he knows what that variable actually is for.

Attachments

Last edited:

HappyGoomba

Sex Demon
Reputation score

OK, last tweaks to the ship before I move on to Hastur's house.

Link removed
Updates at the post in my signature.

I corrected some more typos, alignment problems, and awkward phrasings. I also incorporated Kryptonite's status background.

Kryptonite, thanks for the script pointer and the graphics. One thing though, the menu background you uploaded is a .jpg so the transparency doesn't work. Do you still have the .png?

Last edited:

kR1pt0n1t3

Tentacle God
Reputation score

OK, last tweaks to the ship before I move on to Hastur's house.

I corrected some more typos, alignment problems, and awkward phrasings. I also incorporated Kryptonite's status background.

Kryptonite, thanks for the script pointer and the graphics. One thing though, the menu background you uploaded is a .jpg so the transparency doesn't work. Do you still have the .png?
I have no clue why the extension is jpg... Something to do with forum attachments maybe. Anyway here are the png uploaded on mega.

EDIT:

I just played a bit of your translation and I must say it's spot on. There are few mistakes here and there still, but nothing major.

I'm really looking forward to seeing this fully translated. The quality of your translation is superb. Do you understand Japanese yourself or did you use machine translation?

One thing I don't really like is the skill "Kill" :) I translated that one in my translation as Slash since you're using sword, knife or axe. Maybe the translation was really Kill, but slash sounds more natural to me. But that's me :) I can always use my own translation for that part ^__^ Anyway, the translation is really awesome so far and I hope you finish it.

Last edited:

HappyGoomba

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Thanks for the images.

No, I don't understand Japanese, I'm running these through 5 online translators with Chiitrans and using the context to come up with my best guess. For some of the harder ones, I copy it into Google translate and deconstruct the sentence and look at alternate translations for each part.

I've been thinking of replacing "kill" with "cut", but maybe "slash" would be better.

kR1pt0n1t3

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Thanks for the images.

No, I don't understand Japanese, I'm running these through 5 online translators with Chiitrans and using the context to come up with my best guess. For some of the harder ones, I copy it into Google translate and deconstruct the sentence and look at alternate translations for each part.

I've been thinking of replacing "kill" with "cut", but maybe "slash" would be better.
Cut is also fine :) or maybe sword and axe slash and cut for knife.

Jack archer

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Need a bit of help? I understand a dash of japanese myself, and am wiling to assist in translation.

MichelleK2

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Awesome that this is being translated! Thanks in advance for it. =)

vrtrtr

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Thanks for the effort so far (upload & partial translation), but I must hijack this thread to come back to a question asked in the first few replies -
where do I find the damn herb to make the ogre drunk?
I'm on the x'th day of captivity after getting introduced to the red snakes - and I still haven't found it.
Have been doing quite some grinding on the red snakes and would hate to see that time go to waste.

Any pointers? I remember having passed this trial before (another version perhaps?), but I cannot replicate my earlier success.

Help is much appreciated :)

HappyGoomba

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Thanks for the effort so far (upload & partial translation), but I must hijack this thread to come back to a question asked in the first few replies -
where do I find the damn herb to make the ogre drunk?
I'm on the x'th day of captivity after getting introduced to the red snakes - and I still haven't found it.
Have been doing quite some grinding on the red snakes and would hate to see that time go to waste.

Any pointers? I remember having passed this trial before (another version perhaps?), but I cannot replicate my earlier success.

Help is much appreciated :)
Read your notebook. Then that little patch of red mushrooms South of the pool will start to sparkle.

vrtrtr

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Thanks, you're a livesaver!

HappyGoomba

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Need a bit of help? I understand a dash of japanese myself, and am wiling to assist in translation.
Here's one. This is the scene where the Imp gropes her in return for giving back her notebook. By context, I think she's trying to act tough, even though she's really starting to feel it.

Code:
「そ、んなもんなの…………まだまだね……
Google: Of such mon ...... such " Su do I still ...... ......
Microsoft:"Those, I a Mon's... Still, I do.
Babylon:"u305d, u3093u306au3082u3093u306au306e ...... ...... lie down still more; ......
SDL:"Even な that not そ, んな of.. ... 《主語なし》It is ね.. still. 
Honyaku:"そ, んなもんなの" ... ... Still more ...
Google TL:`So, n'na mon na no…… …… madamada ne……
The translators are choking on that first phrase.

HappyGoomba

Sex Demon
Reputation score

I've finished Hastur's house and it's surroundings. Next I'll start on the forest and the Troll-king's lair.

From now on, I'll be linking updates on post 10. Check the link in my signature.

kR1pt0n1t3

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Nice, gonna try playing it later on to see if everything is good :)

Lionfist

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I've finished Hastur's house and it's surroundings. The link leads to the folder on Mega with the full game and the translation patch. I'm going to update here from now on.

The full game includes the UI translation, all the translated dialog is in the patch.

Let me know what you think. I don't actually know Japanese, so this was done with multiple machine translations recast into American idiom. So if you think some of my translation is off or you spot a spelling or grammar error, let me know.
Mother of god. I've just been talking (even though its just a short statement) about this game in the Rhode thread. Lucky day ;) Great work so far! *cheers*

Red_Swallow

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Could someone help me out a bit? I assume I'm on the final quest in some tower, I've progressed through to the tower made my way to the bald pirate guy. But hes blocking me before my fight with a dragon? He has 2 options of dialogue 1'st being "I'm ready" I guess, second being not sure. I try and say I'm ready but he tells me I'm not.

Now I've cleared all rooms from visible enemies, giant chicken, Ogre, Snake lady, 3-Headed Snake, Crocodile, Skeleton Pirate, 2 machine golem things, all the fish men and orcs also mamoths. Obtained items such as; Sirens Harp and the Fire Cloak. Am I not allowed to pass because I haven't reached a certain level? Or am I missing a certain Item? And if so, what?

HappyGoomba

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Could someone help me out a bit? I assume I'm on the final quest in some tower, I've progressed through to the tower made my way to the bald pirate guy. But hes blocking me before my fight with a dragon? He has 2 options of dialogue 1'st being "I'm ready" I guess, second being not sure. I try and say I'm ready but he tells me I'm not.

Now I've cleared all rooms from visible enemies, giant chicken, Ogre, Snake lady, 3-Headed Snake, Crocodile, Skeleton Pirate, 2 machine golem things, all the fish men and orcs also mamoths. Obtained items such as; Sirens Harp and the Fire Cloak. Am I not allowed to pass because I haven't reached a certain level? Or am I missing a certain Item? And if so, what?
You have to have beaten Homer in single combat back when you were living with the pirates.
You've actually completed the game already. The dragon fight is optional.

Red_Swallow

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

You have to have beaten Homer in single combat back when you were living with the pirates.
You've actually completed the game already. The dragon fight is optional.
Ah I see now, thanks alot.

HappyGoomba

Sex Demon
Reputation score
Re: Sirens' Harp translation project

New update!!

I've finally finished all the forest maps. The story is now complete up through the Troll's lair.

Also, there are various scenes from later in the game now translated. One of the reasons it's taking me so long between updates, is that I'm not strictly following the game chronology as I translate. Instead, I'm translating everything on each map as I come to it. For example, I've already translated all the scenes at Hastur's house when Rain, Johnny and Cart return there after the Frog-men rescue. It slows me down now, but it will speed things up when I get to the later game. The main reason is so I don't skip scenes and forget to come back to them.

Next, I'll start on the Village.

kR1pt0n1t3

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Sirens' Harp translation project

New update!!

I've finally finished all the forest maps. The story is now complete up through the Troll's lair.

Also, there are various scenes from later in the game now translated. One of the reasons it's taking me so long between updates, is that I'm not strictly following the game chronology as I translate. Instead, I'm translating everything on each map as I come to it. For example, I've already translated all the scenes at Hastur's house when Rain, Johnny and Cart return there after the Frog-men rescue. It slows me down now, but it will speed things up when I get to the later game. The main reason is so I don't skip scenes and forget to come back to them.

Next, I'll start on the Village.
We don't mind waiting ^_^

GJ on the work so far.

MichelleK2

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Thanks for this! Loving the translation, hope you keep going. :p

xoxo

Status
Not open for further replies.