What's new

Sakura Dungeon

echidna

Sex Demon
Reputation score
Re: Sakura Dungeon

There are a number of missable events/CGs.

Some of them are pretty obvious (the defeated warrior CG is a no brainer to anyone who plays VNs) while others are outright obtuse (the succubus one is arguably impossible to find without a guide) with everything in between (the Queen Bee one pretty much depends on how much tolerance you have for invisible walls)
The succubus is far from impossible. The key item is literally the big room on the way to the boss, and if you're exploring the map like you should to avoid being underleveled you'll definitely find it. I made a save before I chose the extra scene because I didn't know what would happen, but to miss that one would mean you're bad at both dungeon crawlers and VNs. The maps are designed in such a way that almost all invisible walls are pretty easy to figure out once you fill out the rest of the map.

Welkin

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Just got the Holy Bolt scroll on floor 14...

Is Sylvi around for the whole game? I am trying to decide if I should teach it to her (since she does not have astral spells yet) or Yomi or save it for later on. Can you get more Holy Bolt scrolls later on? Same for the toxic bomb scroll.

Rawr1125

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Just got the Holy Bolt scroll on floor 14...

Is Sylvi around for the whole game? I am trying to decide if I should teach it to her (since she does not have astral spells yet) or Yomi or save it for later on. Can you get more Holy Bolt scrolls later on? Same for the toxic bomb scroll.
Just pick anyone you want for your party really. Focus on 3 and you won't really need anyone else later on. Earlier monsters scale horribly though, level 60+ rabbit for example still has like 1 in all stats. If you use a regular earlier monster you'll probably have to use a lot of stat boosts to get them to usable stats.

Sylvie will get a couple power boosts from events and will keep gaining stats so she's okay to use.

AGamerPassingBy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Just pick anyone you want for your party really. Focus on 3 and you won't really need anyone else later on. Earlier monsters scale horribly though, level 60+ rabbit for example still has like 1 in all stats. If you use a regular earlier monster you'll probably have to use a lot of stat boosts to get them to usable stats.

Sylvie will get a couple power boosts from events and will keep gaining stats so she's okay to use.
I'm pretty sure actually only Ceri who got stats upgrade for leveling up, each odd levels precisely, thanks to her trait "Capacity".
As for important char like Yomi, Sylvi, and Maeve, there are events that nicely grows their stats. For example that Slime event with Sylvi, or Maeve with the Ryuuou.

So a Bunny with all 1 stats will never be better even if you got her to level 50+, unless you use Seeds of course.
This is why Seeds is very valuable.

Wait a minute, then what the hell is the function of Level precisely?! Just so you can capture enemies?!
*Note: You can only capture enemies that is equal or lower level than the capture spell caster.

Last edited:

Rawr1125

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I'm pretty sure actually only Ceri who got stats upgrade for leveling up, each odd levels precisely, thanks to her trait "Capacity".

So a Bunny with all 1 stats will never be better even if you got her to level 50+, unless you use Seeds of course.
This is why Seeds is very valuable.

Wait a minute, then what the hell is the function of Level precisely?! Just so you can capture enemies?!
*Note: You can only capture enemies that is equal or lower level than the capture spell caster.
I'm pretty sure the human companions gained some stats outside of events, although very slowly. I could be mistaken though I guess.

Welkin

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Thanks! Does the shop sells scrolls later on?

Rawr1125

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Thanks! Does the shop sells scrolls later on?
Nope, only the Capture scroll.

You can get some scrolls from mobs rarely though. Might wanna wait until you finish the luck statue before you attempt to farm for any though. Doubt there's a drop list for skills though.

In all honesty though, I'm pretty sure I sold almost every scroll except for meditate, and giving each of my fighters a single magic attack for use vs phys resistant mobs.

Welkin

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Thanks :) That means I can simply invest all my gold on seeds.

And yea, I gave both Ceri and Maeve a fire slash scrolls (managed to get 3 of these from the sword witch)... but that holy bolt scroll looks like one of a kind, and astral magic has the benefit of bypassing resistance. Too bad it only has 80 hit. Would be nice if someone can data mine a list of spells.

Anyway, does range attack has any special benefits/good against certain attributes?

I am only lv27/floor 15 atm, but that Capacity attribute is going to make Ceri much more powerful than Maeve in the long run (she is already 7/6/6/6/6/6 since I've been feeding her all the seeds as priority to take advantage of Capacity).

Welkin

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Spell List (Just going to do magic for now)
Outside of Astral Spells, Air has the highest hit/lowest damage, while Shock has the highest damage/lowest hit.
Observation so far: (Astral spell is where they dump the misc bucket, so astral is less accurate on the scale)
Damage: Astral > Shock > Ice > Fire > (Air = Poison)
Crit: (Astral = Shock) > (Ice = Fire = Air) > Poison
Hit: Air > Poison > Fire > Ice > Shock, Astral does its own thing

Format: Spell, Element, AP, CP, Power, Hit, Crit

Fire Twist, Fire, -20, 0, 18, 110, 20
Combust, Fire, -30, 0, 24, 100, 20
Rings of Flame, Fire Wide, -40, -1, 28, 90, 20

Ice Flash, Ice, -20, 0, 20, 110, 20
Crystal Spike, Ice, -30, 0, 26, 90, 20
Avalanche, Ice Wide, -40, -1, 30, 80, 20

Gust, Air, -15, 0, 12, 130, 20
Whirlwind, Air, -25, 0, 19, 120, 20
Tornado, Air Wide, -35, -1, 24, 110, 20 (only does full damage on primary target)

???, Shock
Thunder Chain, Shock, -35, 0, 28, 80, 30
Thunder Storm, Shock Wide, -50, -1, 32, 70, 30

Poison Dust, Poison, -15, 0, 12, 120, 10
Poison Bolt, Poison, -25, 0, 19, 110, 10
Toxic Bomb, Poison Wide, -35, -1, 24, 100, 10
Note on Poison: Poison attack has chance to inflict paralyzed. While paralyzed, every melee and ranged skill get a 50% penalty to their hit rate.

Holy Bolt, Astral, -40, -1, 30, 80, 30
Astral Flare, Astral Wide, -60, -10, 60, 80, 30 (Require flow state)

Beneficial traits for Caster (besides high MNT & AGI):

Recovery
This character recovers AP equal to her agility stat + 5.

Serenity
This character is immune to disrupting attacks and the panic state. (You cannot cast spells while disrupted)

Conjurer
This character gains a magic critical bonus equal to 3x her CP.

Spiritual
If this character lands a hit, the CP cost for skills is reduced by 1. (Better spells cost CP)

Prudent
This character starts with higher CP when entering combat, or when Flow/Panic ends.

Endurance
This character's AP drains 50% slower.

Last edited:

Keyen

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Anyway, does range attack has any special benefits/good against certain attributes?
Ranged attacks are buffed by Dex (+1 for each point) when melee is buffed by strenght. And physical attacks are buffed by strenght. So you have a Ranged physical attack, it gets +1 for each point in dex and str, when a physical melee get +2 for each str point.

I am only lv27/floor 15 atm, but that Capacity attribute is going to make Ceri much more powerful than Maeve in the long run (she is already 7/6/6/6/6/6 since I've been feeding her all the seeds as priority to take advantage of Capacity).
Maeve (and all other "story recruited" characters) falls off quickly (excepted Yomi, which is a beast if you gave her seeds before her events, and also a bit Sylvi). You shouldn't bother with them, except if you want read their dialogues inside the dungeon.

Last edited:

AGamerPassingBy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

An attribute of attacks also affect majorly in battles against enemies with "Barrier"-type Traits.

Dispel-Shield (D-Shield) will decrease opponent's Magic Attacks hit rate by half of current AP. (Won't consume AP)
Stealth-Field (S-Field) will decrease opponent's Ranged and Magic Attacks hit rate by half of current AP.
Parry will decrease opponent's Melee Attacks hit rate by half of current AP.
And as you can expected, when attacks hit rate is zero or below, a miss is guaranteed.

Mobs with those traits are still manageable, but bosses is not so much.

Last edited:

Welkin

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Just got to lv18 and unlocked the pirate. Do I need to bring her with me anywhere to unlock CG, or can I leave her alone in the inn?

Town Event 18+ (1-17 can be found in otakulair guide)

Floor 18
Introduce Ceri to some artifacts. -> Unlock floor 18
Go to the beach. -> Unlock floor 18

Floor (19)
Administer a punishment for the assassin. -> Return to town after defeating the assassin on floor 19, you will be forced into another assassin fight but with Yomi alone.
Ceri has been acting strangely. -> Unlock Ceri's Lingerie costume and recruited Hammer.

Floor (20)
No town events, the 2 CGs are recruiting queen bee on floor 17 after you get the key item in the middle of the floor, and recruiting the chocolate mimic in NE corner (negotiate with her).

Floor (21)
Help Sylvi overcome her shyness. -> Unlocks floor 21
Talk to Isabella and Charlotte. -> After assembling the luck statue.
Note: Chocolate bath room on this floor.

Floor (22)
Enjoy some time in the meadow. -> Unlocks floor 22
Have another browse through Charlotte's curios. -> Unlock the bondage outfit.
Have a chat with that sultry whip wielder. -> Clears floor 22 boss.
Note: Room in the North requires you to capture an Abyss Goat and in party. You get a fire resist seed.

Map with switches:
temp3.jpg
! on dead ends are switches. Set switch to down to pass the red circle; set switch to Up to pass the blue circle.

Floor (23)
No town events. Hidden recruit in center of floor 23. Defeat Optional Boss gets you an infinite use warp gem, and having the optional boss and chocolate mimic (doesn't need to be in party) will give you more H-scenes in the cholocate bath (West of Anubis' milk bath). Can also go challenge Anubis now that you clear floor 22.

Floor (24)
No town events. Boss related events at half way point and at boss.

Floor (25)
Talk with Ceri about what is bothering her. -> Unlocks floor 25.
Call Ceri to she if she is ready. -> After above, remove Yomi from party.
Talk to Ceri about the battle. -> After above, give Yomi a good spanking in battle :p (fight seems easier if you fight with just Ceri...)
Use that abyssal shard. -> Obtain an abyssal shard (from chest on floor 25).

Floor (26)
See if the succubus is doing fine in her cell. -> After giving the succubus another spanking.

Floor (27)
All town events are available after giving the last boss a spanking:
See how Sylvi and Ceri are getting along now.
Investigate rumors regarding a ghost.
Check on Vesta.
Check on the spirit guardian. -> After clearing Investigate rumors regarding a ghost above.
Go to the room of seals. -> Talk to Ryuuou in your old throne room and select the new option.

The last 2 town events happen after beating the post game dungeon boss and the miko event boss respectively.

Last edited:

TouchFluffyTail

One Angeri Floof
Reputation score

Just got to lv18 and unlocked the pirate. Do I need to bring her with me anywhere to unlock CG, or can I leave her alone in the inn?

Town Event (Floor 18+)
Bonny only has one CG and it's when you do her introduction event.

echidna

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Town Event (Floor 18+)
She only has one scene, but I like her character and dialogue. She has has pretty high dex and I used her for my ranged damage.

Welkin

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

sadly bonny and slyvi have no h scenes
Well at least Slyvi has at least 2 scenes with other girls (up to floor 21 so far)
Totally a missed opportunity with Bonny and the tentacles imo.

imercenary

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

The succubus is far from impossible. The key item is literally the big room on the way to the boss, and if you're exploring the map like you should to avoid being underleveled you'll definitely find it. I made a save before I chose the extra scene because I didn't know what would happen, but to miss that one would mean you're bad at both dungeon crawlers and VNs. The maps are designed in such a way that almost all invisible walls are pretty easy to figure out once you fill out the rest of the map.
Uhhh... you realize that you're basically justifying bad map design with bad gameplay design with bad gaming community attitude right?

"The player will have to run around each and every floor multiple times simply to grind. Therefore, it doesn't matter if the map is poorly designed or if we overuse non-intuitive invisible walls. And if they still don't methodically clear the map/bang their face against every wall/remember to save/load to try every dialogue option... well, get gud scrubs."

echidna

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Uhhh... you realize that you're basically justifying bad map design with bad gameplay design with bad gaming community attitude right?

"The player will have to run around each and every floor multiple times simply to grind. Therefore, it doesn't matter if the map is poorly designed or if we overuse non-intuitive invisible walls. And if they still don't methodically clear the map/bang their face against every wall/remember to save/load to try every dialogue option... well, get gud scrubs."
"The maps are generally squares. If you clear the map and there's a chunk of the square missing, there's an invisible wall to it at the end of a corridor. If you don't clear the map, you're gonna be underleveled and die."

There's literally like one or two walls that can't be guessed by completing a square and they house an outfit and a scroll. I'm not saying the map design is perfect, but it's far from impossible. A fuck load better than Raidy 3 or 3.5 at any rate.

Keyen

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Actually, the map design is very well done, since you have plenty of clues allowing you to guess where secret passages are. Also, since you get much more exp when you are underleveled, you can't be THIS much underleveled.

Even character at the Inn (which doesn't get any hit exp, and half kill exp) are decently leveled in the end (never more than 15 levels IIRC)

AGamerPassingBy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

This game only has pitfall traps just for one fricking floor, how could you say that isn't a good map design?!
Even Ceri herself commented on it. The map designer of this game got all of my thanks. :D

Last edited: