What's new

ACT [Royal] Trigger Happy 2 -DarkStriker- (RJ201002)

y0sman

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: [RJ201002] [Royal] Trigger Happy 2 -DarkStriker-

How do i get entry 8 in the diary? Thanks!
In stage 2, there's a platform that is sparking above and to the left of a red UFO. You need to shoot an invisible spot above it.

jccq89

Demon Girl
Reputation score

In stage 2, there's a platform that is sparking above and to the left of a red UFO. You need to shoot an invisible spot above it.
thank you!

z3r0nx

Lurker
Reputation score

What are the effects of the different clothes?

jccq89

Demon Girl
Reputation score

What are the effects of the different clothes?
Using a translator here, it says:

Initial clothes have none
Bunny outfit has double jump
Maid clothes recover HP for a while
Last outfit raises defense while you walk and resets if you get hit, something like this
Naked has you with full libido all time

y0sman

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

So I unlocked the last secret boss. I'm pretty sure I only had to get past a higher wave count in guardian devil, since I've only done that since I last tried to go there.

jccq89

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I tried to make a 100% save, here is what it has:
All challenges complete
All special achievements done (both secret bosses defeated)
Survival Horror minigame, Guardian Devil Arcier Mode and Maid mini game complete
Boss Rush Darkness clear
All CGs/animations
All weapons unlocked and bought
All costumes
All puzzles solved
Everything special stuff bought at the slots
All skills at Guardian Devil Arcier Mode unlocked

Only thing missing is entry 18 on the diary, i don't know how to unlock it yet, so any help is appreciated. And thanks everybody for all the help so far with the game, i could get this done thanks to the hints on this topic.

Attachments

Last edited:

HeartfulAlice

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I managed to figure out how to get #18 in the diary.

It's triggered by using the tree branch in the fourth boss fight to send "SOS" in morse code while the helicopter is on screen, after which the tree branch will disappear, and the helicopter will come and damage the boss. It's rather finicky though. I randomly got it by standing near the right edge of that platform, in a position where the tree branch constantly activates, and continuously shooting.

Here's my 100% save file.

Attachments

jccq89

Demon Girl
Reputation score

It's triggered by using the tree branch in the fourth boss fight to send "SOS" in morse code while the helicopter is on screen, after which the tree branch will disappear, and the helicopter will come and damage the boss. It's rather finicky though. I randomly got it by standing near the right edge of that platform, in a position where the tree branch constantly activates, and continuously shooting.

thank you!!

ilmncsm

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Ok, I have all the other diary entries besides 20, and that's just because I was going through them in order, and I can't figure out how the heck you did it. You weren't kidding about the thing being finicky, I must have tried a dozen times before I gave up for now and figured I'd see if you had any recomendations on how to do it myself. I realize you have a 100% save file right there waiting for me, but I've managed to get quite a bit of the secrets in the game myself and want to try at least a few more times before giving up.

I rather think that says something about either the quality of the gameplay or my obsesive completionist habits. I'm not sure which.

HeartfulAlice

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Ok, I have all the other diary entries besides 20, and that's just because I was going through them in order, and I can't figure out how the heck you did it. You weren't kidding about the thing being finicky, I must have tried a dozen times before I gave up for now and figured I'd see if you had any recomendations on how to do it myself. I realize you have a 100% save file right there waiting for me, but I've managed to get quite a bit of the secrets in the game myself and want to try at least a few more times before giving up.

I rather think that says something about either the quality of the gameplay or my obsesive completionist habits. I'm not sure which.
Other tips?
Use the bunny suit to jump up to the tree branch immediately.
Make sure to keep the light on the tree branch white. If it turns red again, that's probably a failure.
Make sure both short tones and long tones are being produced.
Keep trying after the helicopter leaves to "practice". The tree branch will disappear when the game thinks it's "correct", even if the helicopter doesn't come.

After further testing I've found more success standing in a position near the right edge of that platform facing left where standing produces short tones and firing produces long tones. The single shot rifles were not very good at this. The sequence isn't exactly "SOS", in fact the sequence doesn't seem to be fixed at all. It seems kind of random what the game accepts as the sequence.
Also, the helicopter will kill the boss for you, even if you game over after summoning it. I don't know whether or not it counts, though.

ilmncsm

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Other tips?
Use the bunny suit to jump up to the tree branch immediately.
Make sure to keep the light on the tree branch white. If it turns red again, that's probably a failure.
Make sure both short tones and long tones are being produced.
Keep trying after the helicopter leaves to "practice". The tree branch will disappear when the game thinks it's "correct", even if the helicopter doesn't come.

After further testing I've found more success standing in a position near the right edge of that platform facing left where standing produces short tones and firing produces long tones. The single shot rifles were not very good at this. The sequence isn't exactly "SOS", in fact the sequence doesn't seem to be fixed at all. It seems kind of random what the game accepts as the sequence.
Also, the helicopter will kill the boss for you, even if you game over after summoning it. I don't know whether or not it counts, though.
Thanks for the help. I had figured out the Bunny suit as a good way to get up there myself, but couldn't quite figure out what to do with the branch as a pattern. You're completely right about it not actually being SOS, which was rather annoying as I had been continuously trying to get the -dit-dit-dit-da-da-da-dit-dit-dit pattern with the branch.

In the end I actually got it after failing to find the right position in time, falling off trying to find it, and jumping back up and shooting wildly just as the helicopter was about to go offscreen. Dear lord is that diary entry finicky. I recommend to everyone else that unless you think yourself lucky, or are an obsessed completionist like me, just grab the save file.

Papanomics

Lurker
Reputation score

For some reason, I liked Trigger Happy 1 better. Not saying that this is bad or anything.

Remilnelia

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Is it just me, or does Trigger Happy 2 feel... a little lacking?

There's a lot more things to do in TH2 over TH1, but... something about it just doesn't sit well with me, and I can't really describe what it is. It just feels like a downgrade to me.

Galleon

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I get that "feels lacking" feeling, too. I dislike the gallery we got compared to the old one and, I don't know, it seems like there's less... Variation? In what we got. Certainly there's more to do but it just doesn't have that same... Factor, I guess, that Trigger Happy 1 did.

If there's a Trigger Happy 3 I hope it can marry the improvements in 2 with the feel of 1 to make some kind of super Trigger Happy, but who knows?

z3r0nx

Lurker
Reputation score

For some reason I'm having trouble finding the second secret boss.
So is nobody going to mention the weird secret thing in the diary if you push left from the beginning? I don't know a lick of Japanese so whatever it is it seems to involve Stage 1 Area 1.
Viewing this secret in the diary is what unlocks the secret boss location at the very beginning (in Area 1) of Stage 2.
It doesn't appear until after you have cleared the main story.

thswherizat

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

You know what I honestly feel is the problem? The game itself isn't fun anymore. Trigger Happy and ESPECIALLY Caprice Doll were incredibly hard games at times. I remember working on levels of Caprice Doll for like, an hour until I finally beat it. All of the levels in this game were basically aim right and hold the shoot button and you'll be just fine.

Caprice Doll had these excellent and challenging platformer areas, some secrets you could only get with certain weapons equipped... Whereas TH2 feels like they got bored of making levels.

Also, too many enemies that just run at you.

Justicex88

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Trigger Happy and ESPECIALLY Caprice Doll were incredibly hard games at times. I remember working on levels of Caprice Doll for like, an hour until I finally beat it.
I think you hit the nail on the head. I couldn't figure out exactly what I didn't like about the game, but you're exactly right. Especially after thinking back on it, I remember doing the exact same thing with both of those games: Trying to get everything locked, and not just because of sexy time. It was legitimately fun.

The first level had the most promise with the vines and the moving ropes etc. But, those were easily skip-able and, in fact, faster if you just tanked some of the enemies and ran right.

It has promise and I don't regret buying it, but I do hope a Trigger Happy 3 happens and that it's more of a culmination from his past three (better) games.

seraverlane

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I have to agree on the difficulty. It was laughably easy.

Having said that, this is one of the few act games that I know of that has more than a single yuri scene, so I'll take what I can get.

They did put a lot of care into their work, and there is plenty of shit to do, so I can't complain much more than that.

z3r0nx

Lurker
Reputation score

I don't think this has been mentioned, but if you play the substory, then want to play it again, you won't see any dialogue events seen in a prior playthrough except for those at the final boss. Also, all keys will already be collected, and the events occurring when getting them will not play.

To reset the dialogue events, you can open save.ini and set val01 to val10 (under [ys_data]) to 0.
This does not affect which CGs are unlocked.

Archy

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hate to necro but I noticed on the Dlsite that there is an English version now. Seems to be a DLsite translation