What's new

RoR Game Concept; Need Programmers and Artists

Jack

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: RoR Game Concept; Need Programmers and Artists

Okay I'm trying to design an engine to run this.

Here's the outline if anyone's interested.

There are four kinds of objects in the engine:

- Lilliana
- Platforms
- Enemies
- Neutrals

All objects have a hit area. When two hit areas overlap, that's a collision. The engine nudges the objects away from one another to prevent the overlap, and then notifies both objects that there was a collision, and tells them what they collided with, and from which direction.

If Lilliana collides with an enemy, she immediately takes that enemy's type, looks up in a list which animation to switch to for that type of enemy (the animation might also depend on stuff like whether she was crouching or standing when she was hit) and plays that animation.

The enemy, meanwhile, looks up a global flag (a true/false variable that all objects in the engine can access). This is the "girlIsBeingScrewed" flag. If it hasn't been set to true yet, the enemy vanishes sets it to true until it gets set back to false. If it's already been set to true, the enemy does nothing. This is to make sure that if by chance you collide with two enemies simultaneously, you only get screwed by one of them.

As soon as Lilly's done playing the animation of her getting fucked, she sets the girlIsBeingScrewed flag back to false, meaning she can now get screwed again, and the enemy that was screwing her reappears.

...then there's Neutrals, which are stuff like levers and doors and buttons. I haven't worked out the details yet for those.

OP
Iggy

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Well, the more slicked you are, the less traction you'd have/slower you'd move overall (think slipping-on-ice mechanics). Which would make it harder to evade enemies.
That's precisely what I had in mind.

Reputation score

Okay I'm trying to design an engine to run this.

Here's the outline if anyone's interested.

There are four kinds of objects in the engine:

- Lilliana
- Platforms
- Enemies
- Neutrals

All objects have a hit area. When two hit areas overlap, that's a collision. The engine nudges the objects away from one another to prevent the overlap, and then notifies both objects that there was a collision, and tells them what they collided with, and from which direction.

If Lilliana collides with an enemy, she immediately takes that enemy's type, looks up in a list which animation to switch to for that type of enemy (the animation might also depend on stuff like whether she was crouching or standing when she was hit) and plays that animation.

The enemy, meanwhile, looks up a global flag (a true/false variable that all objects in the engine can access). This is the "girlIsBeingScrewed" flag. If it hasn't been set to true yet, the enemy vanishes sets it to true until it gets set back to false. If it's already been set to true, the enemy does nothing. This is to make sure that if by chance you collide with two enemies simultaneously, you only get screwed by one of them.

As soon as Lilly's done playing the animation of her getting fucked, she sets the girlIsBeingScrewed flag back to false, meaning she can now get screwed again, and the enemy that was screwing her reappears.

...then there's Neutrals, which are stuff like levers and doors and buttons. I haven't worked out the details yet for those.
This sounds pretty solid. You'd probably want to include some kind of short extension to the "girlIsBeingScrewed" flag to allow for a few seconds of invulnerability afterwards, so that you can't get chained into never-ending rape off one or two close enemies (would feel like Fake Difficulty).

Jack

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

yeah, the girl should be invulnerable afterwards, and I think the enemy who just screwed you should be unable to attack for a few seconds as well (from exhaustion)

OP
Iggy

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

yeah, the girl should be invulnerable afterwards, and I think the enemy who just screwed you should be unable to attack for a few seconds as well (from exhaustion)
Well, it's not that the enemy would be literally exhausted, I mean, honestly, they're machines. Machines don't get tired. But in all seriousness, in most RoR games, after you get raped, your character "flashes" for about 2 seconds and in that timeframe, she isn't able to be raped again until she makes contact with an enemy after she stops "flashing".

EDIT: I'm now learning how to use game maker and I easily understand how to use it. I just need some good starting sprites to help me get going on making this game. And also, everyone that contributes to this game, no matter how small the contribution, will be mentioned in the credits, because I can not honestly take credit for this entire game.

Last edited:
OP
Iggy

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

EDIT: I've been working with game maker, and I've got a pretty firm grip on how to use it. But now I really need sprites so I can make a big push. At the moment, I'd like a simple parent sprite of the character, crouching sprite, running sprite, walking sprite, jumping sprite, falling sprite, climbing sprite, and opposite facing variations of the previously mentioned sprites. Also, for scenery, I'd like some platform, wall, floor, door, and ladder sprites. The sprites don't have to be perfect, they just need to be detailed enough so you can tell what they are.

Last edited:
Reputation score

EDIT: I've been working with game maker, and I've got a pretty firm grip on how to use it. But now I really need sprites so I can make a big push. At the moment, I'd like a simple parent sprite of the character, crouching sprite, running sprite, walking sprite, jumping sprite, falling sprite, climbing sprite, and opposite facing variations of the previously mentioned sprites. Also, for scenery, I'd like some platform, wall, floor, door, and ladder sprites. The sprites don't have to be perfect, they just need to be detailed enough so you can tell what they are.
Now sprites, that I can get ahold of. Particularly tilesets for walls/floors/doors/etc. I'll go scrounging.

Also, if the character sprite you're looking for is just a temporarily placeholder, I might be able to put something together - it won't be perfect, but then again we're not expecting a final model immediately either.

OP
Iggy

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Now sprites, that I can get ahold of. Particularly tilesets for walls/floors/doors/etc. I'll go scrounging.

Also, if the character sprite you're looking for is just a temporarily placeholder, I might be able to put something together - it won't be perfect, but then again we're not expecting a final model immediately either.
Yes, that'll be perfectly fine. I'll look forward to it.

UrineOnU

Cthulhu
Reputation score

yea i already started making the sprites (I only have the attack, crawling,cilmbing to be done) and made a test room in game maker(it's just i have to get used to scripting in gml)
i just want to get it all the animations to flow right before i post it as a reference also a HUD for hp, menu system, floors foreground and background images.

Hopefully i can have it finished soon so then the game can be assembled
I wanna make the first enemy and rape event's after

I got bored and made a menu screen concept also.

Also thinking about smexy costumes you can find in the game i think if i make a change state script(for naked,costume1 etc.)that changes all her sprites.

When I'm done the example I'll give the sprites to the programmer then we can get this started.

Attachments

OP
Iggy

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

yea i already started making the sprites (I only have the attack, crawling,cilmbing to be done) and made a test room in game maker(it's just i have to get used to scripting in gml)
i just want to get it all the animations to flow right before i post it as a reference also a HUD for hp, menu system, floors foreground and background images.

Hopefully i can have it finished soon so then the game can be assembled
I wanna make the first enemy and rape event's after

I got bored and made a menu screen concept also.

Also thinking about smexy costumes you can find in the game i think if i make a change state script(for naked,costume1 etc.)that changes all her sprites.

When I'm done the example I'll give the sprites to the programmer then we can get this started.
Okay, but I'll make the actual level designs. Right now, I need basic sprites and tilesets for the factory.

EDIT: I have successfully created a working skeleton of the first main room for my game using game maker. I also got down some of the basics down for the character movement. I'll replace everything with appropriate sprites when I get them~.

Last edited:

Luppikun

Tentacle God
Reputation score

YES! YES! Costumes! Especially if they give us powers or something... (Nurse=can heal self?)

EDIT: Downloaded skeleton room. One question. The sprite WILL be bigger, yes?

Last edited:

UrineOnU

Cthulhu
Reputation score

YES! YES! Costumes! Especially if they give us powers or something... (Nurse=can heal self?)

EDIT: Downloaded skeleton room. One question. The sprite WILL be bigger, yes?
well here is my example so far, gotta polish a lot up but this is at very early stages of development(yes the sprites loop for crouching and jumping, but i got a fix for it soon using alarms)

more or less it's just the basics well back to drawing:)

I really wanna make costumes nurse one is done for idle.
edit: yea costume powers like Regen and boosts to attack power, hp,item effect boosts ect

Last edited:
OP
Iggy

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

@Luppikun:

1. I wasn't planning on the girl actually wearing much throughout the game, but perhaps I'll make it an unlockable that you can get after beating the game once...

2. No, but the screen will be zoomed in and centered around the character, giving the illusion of a larger sprite.

@UrineOnU: Great, but right now I kinda actually need the actual sprites...

Reputation score

Keep in mind guys, the whole premise of this first game is that all her clothes have been shredded so she has no defense against the sex machines. Giving her clothes would break several of the planned traps.

As an after-the-end bonus? Maybe. During the main game? Nope, wouldn't fit the narrative.

Also, I'm currently downloading Crossover in an attempt to be able to run .exe files on my Mac (before someone suggests it, I cannot use Bootcamp: my Macbook currently runs 10.5.8, and Bootcamp is only on 10.6 and above). If it works, then cool - if not, could a screenshot of the room skeleton be posted so I can better picture it while searching for/working on finding tiles?

Edit: It works:

Controls are left and right for motion, up for jumping, green things are climby things. I'm going to assume that we'll be zoomed in somewhat and that Lilianna will be bigger than that in searching for tilesets.

Last edited:

Oberon

Lurker
Reputation score

Dont make full costumes, make say, headgear?
Enough to get the mechanic without covering the important parts :)

UrineOnU

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Well i don't understand why the enemy's cannot tear her clothes off?
If I was naked(witch i am) and trapped in a factory with stuff trying to rape me
I would put something on, anything, because factory's are cold especially at nighttime.

Reputation score

Keep in mind though that some of the traps are insta-raep (the conveyor belts). However, if Iggy signs off on it and you're willing to animate clothes on the sprite too, all power to you.

The sprites you made look good so far, although two things stand out to me:

The last shot of the crouching animation (which repeats instead of freezing) looks odd, like her leg is too long or thick somehow, it's hard to explain.

When she's running, her arms look extremely short compared to the rest of her. Keep in mind that the arms of a normal person will usually hang to mid thigh-ish (here's a good illustration picture for the pose you're going for with the covering up):

UrineOnU

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Keep in mind though that some of the traps are insta-raep (the conveyor belts). However, if Iggy signs off on it and you're willing to animate clothes on the sprite too, all power to you.

The sprites you made look good so far, although two things stand out to me:

The last shot of the crouching animation (which repeats instead of freezing) looks odd, like her leg is too long or thick somehow, it's hard to explain.

When she's running, her arms look extremely short compared to the rest of her. Keep in mind that the arms of a normal person will usually hang to mid thigh-ish
(gotta polish a lot up but this is at very early stages of development)
I'm no expert at this.
I already explained the imperfections i gotta make her boobs more dynamic so I'm defiantly going to reedit the running sprite(and her arms are definitely too short).
I wanna make all the variations of movements then go back and get them to flow all together.
The crouching sprite will change into crawling so i forgot to adjust the last frame(there is another frame after that one she gets alittle lower) i see the leg is a tad too big and long but that's an easy fix maybe i can just edit that one and forget the last frame probably.

OP
Iggy

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

You guys are doing a good job and keep up the good work. As for me, I've gotten the camera to focus on the sprite as opposed to the entire room. I mean, this is a pretty bigg room. And it just makes the sprite look pretty small. And I also need to figure out how to make a working door mechanic for the game. And I'm also going to need to learn how to program rape animations and escape commands into the game.

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score

Okay, I just got finished retouching my enemy ideas for the game. I'll post them up in here when I can get on with my laptop instead if my iPhone and can get them uploaded on the site.

EDIT: Here they are, is this what you meant by slimmed, or enough? :
PS: Sorry for sucky quality, Im stuck to using my iphone cam till i can get my laptop fixed to where the dvd rom is working for me to reinstall my printer/scanner. :(

Last edited: