What's new

VN/TEXT Roninsong games(Ai Subeki, Eddy Bear, Candy shop)

SquareEnix

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Re: Roninsong games(Ai Subeki, Eddy Bear, Candy shop)

Well, my card won't work on dlsite :C and I cant find it on eng dlsite ;-;

Seems it will be out on english dlsite in 7-10 days. Woo.

Last edited:

Nicko

Lurker
Reputation score

It's out on some sharing sites.
It's really fucking disappointing. The animations skip even more frames than his usual flashes and it's blurry as shit.

MrPotato

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

It's out on some sharing sites.
It's really fucking disappointing. The animations skip even more frames than his usual flashes and it's blurry as shit.
Ok trying to download it (catalogue).
In the meantime is that censored on purpose for dlsite trial, or censored at all ? Don't tell me it's fucking censored like last Yosino's games.

EDIT:
Ok the game is pretty blurry (I have no idea why) and it's censored, maybe only for Jap market ? Then it's a movie and not a game, so no dialogues, quite short and I'd add poor considering the patron/pledging and 1-year-long project.

And the fps is indeed lower compared to other Ronin's games.
I'll wait for Candy Apple game because this one is kind of disappointing..

Last edited:

SquareEnix

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Oh wow. It really was very disappointing..... I'm surprised nobody who actually got it earlier mentioned any of this.

Sonatafox

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

So for $8,000 you can get a game that isn't actually a game, lower quality than the actual games he made of candy shop, and completely lose the interactivity all together.

"The catalog is 3d interactive book that features full animation that plays on each the pages. We accomplish this by embedding .swf files onto the digital pages, meaning that the art will be in full motion as you turn from page to page. The catalog will contain a spread of each Candy girl and at the end of the book will be a selection page with interactive buttons. Choosing one of the buttons will open a flash game that will feature a short story and the chance to have sex with the girl you choose. These scenes play out in animated sequences"

Part of me wants to believe that this is just some "its almost done" update, but at the same time hes selling this thing on dlsite so that says to me that "this is literally it." I feel like "disappointing" is an understatement. Unless the dlsite version is just for the japanese audiance and theres a "full version" floating around that came from the offbeatr, this is pretty sad. The animation is good but the blurry filter on top of it along with the lack of pretty much literally everything they said to sell the offbeatr makes this a bust.

MrPotato

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Oh wow. It really was very disappointing..... I'm surprised nobody who actually got it earlier mentioned any of this.
Actually someone made a review about it, even if at moment looks very different from the dlsite version which is a movie and NOT an interactive-game.

I got the Candy Shop Catalog Premium....

The content was good, but to be perfectly honest, for the AGES he had to work on it, there was a severe lack of content. Fifty percent of the content was text. Stories are cool and all, but I believe the donors were paying towards hot candy sex. The girls of roninsong gallery only contained 50% of the girls he could have put in there.

I don't know, I was just dissapointed by the lack of content when he had almost a year to work on it.
However in both reviews I see "Lack of content".
Nothing regarding the blur effect or censorship, so maybe only for jap version ? I really hope so.

Can you confirm it will be released soon in English ?

EDIT:

Here's Ronin's reply about the censorship:
"Yeah, apparently the censoring was incorrect so I had to do it over again. Those DLsite guys are really picky 0__0. I’ll update you all as soon as something happens"
Fucking Jap dlsite.

Last edited:

xXHaseoXx

Tentacle God
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Wow. His concept art when he was advertising the game looked better than this. I played for a few seconds but it was hurting my eyes after awhile. I wonder if he knew it is pretty blurry on top of that it may be worse than his smaller projects.

I need to msg him and see what he has to think about it.

Papanomics

Lurker
Reputation score

I am disappoint.

whitecode

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

now....
its not bad, lets say that censorship ruined half of the work, but its not his fault

well as of the underside is, i expected a plot
all of his work has humorious plots but this is just plain short movie, from the offbeatr description i do expect at least some words to describe

PS:i also expected climax

MrPotato

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

now....
its not bad, lets say that censorship ruined half of the work, but its not his fault

well as of the underside is, i expected a plot
all of his work has humorious plots but this is just plain short movie, from the offbeatr description i do expect at least some words to describe

PS:i also expected climax
Yes the censorship was unexpected, but as it's dlsite (jap or eng) is normal. Maybe he'll release the uncensored one with another site.

The point is that after 1 year there's a game that it's not a game, with an awful fps and blur effect (!!!) and no climax. Plus no dialogues, at least for this version.

I was used to enjoy his games both for sprites, but even for funny dialogues (Tahl :3).

Anyone has already tried Candy Shop - Candy Apple ? I'm curious if he has done the same mistake for that game..

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Quite surprised that the not crappy dlsite thing that the patreons got hasn't leaked yet.

I mean damn, the dlsite one is truly awful, it appears to be just a couple of loops he took video of then threw pixelation over the genitals. I haven't really been anticipating this or anything, but am still rather disappointed.

Zadkhiel

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Just to let you guys know, what your seeing from the jap site is not the real thing by a long shot. Trust me though about the real thing, your not missing much. I think Roninsong is gonna quit on us. Ai Subeki, his greatest series, is all but abandoned, he wasted a year on this joke of a major product, and eddy bear is running out of new ways to fuck cammy. The only awesome thing that could happen now is andy fucking tahl....

MrPotato

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Just to let you guys know, what your seeing from the jap site is not the real thing by a long shot. Trust me though about the real thing, your not missing much. I think Roninsong is gonna quit on us. Ai Subeki, his greatest series, is all but abandoned, he wasted a year on this joke of a major product, and eddy bear is running out of new ways to fuck cammy. The only awesome thing that could happen now is andy fucking tahl....
Ty Zadkhiel for your review and it's sad to read that "Full" version is not that different and/or better..
But then 8000 $ for what if this project is low quality and latest Eddy Bear episodes are boring and out of ideas ?
And still I've not tried the latest Candy Shop (Candy Apple) yet.

I suggested him the same (Tahl+Andy) through Tumblr, but never got a reply..
Or Cammy with her sister (the goth girl of Ai Subeki) in a bonus scene !

EDIT:
Good news 3 new candy shop games.

Candy apple is really hot !

Some screenshots:
(Cheesecake) --> Quite good
(Apple) --> HOT, even fps is not that good
(Bday) --> Meh

Can't share them because these last games are .js files and not .swf, so don't expect to see them on swfchan or other sites.

Last edited:

Papanomics

Lurker
Reputation score

at least new girls are being created

SquareEnix

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

.js huh? So it's not possible to rip anymore? Or would it just take more effort to convert?

I think he made the shitty quality one available because he knew pirates would get it. I was going to buy it whether I got it early or not, but after seeing all the (Blah blah blah) I decided it would have just been a waste of money.

If there was a demo on dlsite anyways and saw how it was, I probably wouldn't have bought it either.

MrPotato

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

.js huh? So it's not possible to rip anymore? Or would it just take more effort to convert?

I think he made the shitty quality one available because he knew pirates would get it. I was going to buy it whether I got it early or not, but after seeing all the (Blah blah blah) I decided it would have just been a waste of money.

If there was a demo on dlsite anyways and saw how it was, I probably wouldn't have bought it either.
I don't think you can convert a .js into a .swf file. It looks similar to mnf protection, I mean playable only online or offline if cracked (idk how).

petergriff

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

So he can pump out new boring Eddy Bears like crazy, finish a Patreon project, and now he's doing Candy Shops three at a time.

Still hasn't done a new Ai Subeki in over a year.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Not sure about this, but might be worth a try: Save page as or make available offline should do the trick for those .js files. Then to check, simply disconnect from your internet connection and attempt to load the page in your browser of choice.

Might want to take a look at the source and search for your user/pass just to make sure those weren't saved along with the rest of the page.

If that doesn't work, upload the .js file and I can take a look at it to see if I can figure anything out. Don't hold your breath though, it's been a long time since I've done anything with javascript and without any real training I've never figured out how to grab resources from a remote server that's being used in an attempt to secure content.

MrPotato

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Not sure about this, but might be worth a try: Save page as or make available offline should do the trick for those .js files. Then to check, simply disconnect from your internet connection and attempt to load the page in your browser of choice.

Might want to take a look at the source and search for your user/pass just to make sure those weren't saved along with the rest of the page.

If that doesn't work, upload the .js file and I can take a look at it to see if I can figure anything out. Don't hold your breath though, it's been a long time since I've done anything with javascript and without any real training I've never figured out how to grab resources from a remote server that's being used in an attempt to secure content.
Already tried to download/save the full page and view it offline, but didn't work. And that shared account doens't work now so can't login again.
Anyway previous games are way better than these new ones, especially for fps, dialogues and scenes.

EDIT:
English version out, but always censored (well that's dlsite after all).

Here you go.
I forgot I saved one of those games to try to view it offline.

That's the .js file of Candy Apple. Tot 4.7 Mb so that's the game for sure.

EDIT:
I don't know how but private browsing seems working with the full saved html page.
I'll upload the only one I have right now, that is Candy Apple.
Try to open it with private mode (firefox or chrome) and with internet off to see what happens. Mine works with internet off so hope will happen the same for you.

It's 1Mb as .rar, otherwise it's almost 5Mb unzipped.

EDIT2:
Nevermind works even with internet on. Maybe I only had cache problems. Enjoy the game guys ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

mrttao

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

works but doesn't have sound