What's new

[Complete - Full] [RJ129520] WITCH ACT

Status
Not open for further replies.

1baka

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Re: [RJ129520] WITCH ACT

thx ewn for making fix/updates. much appreciated!

"if" you do more editing, it would be nice if you could include this script:

this script allow you to change screen-size/full screen maintaining the right aspect ratio. to add it just put it in the script menu (F11) and insert (INS) a new script and copy/paste the script.
(i do this to most games)

Gfurst

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I did. I just archived the data from the translated game. I thought that was how everyone was doing it since it's always just a data folder in the translations here.
yeah, I don't think that's the case, most people who share like that edit the game files directly(via the rpgm editor)
usually patchs and shared on their own to be applied by the user himself
anyway, the patch creates a bunch of extra files at the root directory, I didn't even know it worked without those
well, anyway, good to see it works none the less

MidnightXV

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

+Rep for being awesome and translating games

vladislav4

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Is this for v1.04 or v1.05? I'm using this on v1.05 and I noticed some errors early on, like missing first line in first sorcerer encounter and untranslated (Russian) job title when Shame is below 75.

zipetya

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Apparently, the 1.04 Russian translation served as the basis of this TL, so yeah, pretty much 1.04.

There is a good chance that some things are going to get effed up if you apply this on a 1.05 game - v1.05 added 5 scenes (plus who knows what else) and I think the event scripts and whatnot (not really knowledgeable about this lol) will very likely mess up.

Is there an easy way to get a lower version TL sort of 'updated' to one that is fully compatible with the most recent version, dear Translator-samas?
Can maybe RPGMaker Trans help with that?

Anyhow, thank you very much for the translation ewn. Clymenia is always welcome.

Bamioum

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Thank you for translating this game. This circle makes pretty decent games so a translation is very welcome.
for the most part the translation seems to hold up quite nicely so it's not nearly as bad as you seemed to imply.

Things that need fixing: in the first conversation With Clement in the second city the Words >END STRING appears same With the fourth painter scene in same town. Also none of the titles are translated from russian.
stuck in wall scene nr.3 is not translated at all.
Tatiana in Third city has some missing dialogue in first h-scene.
gatekeeper in fourth city has no dialogue when first approach (might be intended?).
some mistakes of the grammatical kind, like our heroine they get around a fair bit so might not be worth the trouble.

Also here's a save if anyone needs it ; View attachment Save13.zip

Last edited:
OP
E

ewn

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Thank you for translating this game. This circle makes pretty decent games so a translation is very welcome.
for the most part the translation seems to hold up quite nicely so it's not nearly as bad as you seemed to imply.

Things that need fixing: in the first conversation With Clement in the second city the Words >END STRING appears same With the fourth painter scene in same town. Also none of the titles are translated from russian.
stuck in wall scene nr.3 is not translated at all.
Tatiana in Third city has some missing dialogue in first h-scene.
gatekeeper in fourth city has no dialogue when first approach (might be intended?).
some mistakes of the grammatical kind, like our heroine they get around a fair bit so might not be worth the trouble.

Also here's a save if anyone needs it ; View attachment 23612
Thanks, I'll take a look at those.
I've translated the stuck in the wall scene like 3 times already, patching process just keeps resetting all the translations I did on that map in the patch files,
I have no idea why. I still don't get rpgmakertrans sometimes.
Also it doesn't seem to be ripping the titles, I can't find them anywhere in the patch. I think I'd need rpgmaker for that. Everything else should be fixed, updated the first post.

Last edited:

1baka

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

shame level:69
map: Osborn house (fight Osborn again)
when: while fighting, any attack action from Hildegarde

checking the script at line 470:
Code:
  def draw_actor_icons(actor, x, y, width = 96)
    icons = (actor.state_icons + actor.buff_icons)[0, width / 24]
    icons.each_with_index {|n, i| draw_icon(n, x + 24 * i, y) }
  end
another untranslated line >

another untranslated line:
in the arena, after you kick Klaus ass, and you try to talk with him he says:
Боец Клаус

OP
E

ewn

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

shame level:69
map: Osborn house (fight Osborn again)
when: while fighting, any attack action from Hildegarde
checking the script at line 470:
Code:
  def draw_actor_icons(actor, x, y, width = 96)
    icons = (actor.state_icons + actor.buff_icons)[0, width / 24]
    icons.each_with_index {|n, i| draw_icon(n, x + 24 * i, y) }
  end
another untranslated line:
in the arena, after you kick Klaus ass, and you try to talk with him he says:
Боец Клаус
Thanks, should be fixed now.
As for the titles, rpgmakertrans doesn't rip them. Rpgmaker itself is needed for that it seems. If you have it, pm me what needs to be translated and you could perhaps do it on your end.

1baka

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

i found it, its in common events, (CommonEvents)
i found a few lines, in both:
羞恥心減少(イベント) and 羞恥心減少(戦闘敗北)
(so, i show the title description, so you know what kind of state she is in, maybe the "google-russian-translation is not that accurate"

Hildegarde felt strange tingling down below.
Ведьма

Thoughts of sex don't embarass Hildegarde anymore.
Возбуждённая ведьма

Hildegarde is ready to have sex with anyone.
Развратная ведьма

All of Hildegarde's thoughts are of sex.
Ведьма-спермоприёмник

the first one, translate : Witch, and i think its "dumb" to use it. shes already a witch, and to give that "shame" title is odd. better find a better one. such as "Excited/Curious",
same can we say about the second one. google translate it to "Horny", but the description says shes not embarrassed anymore. I would say its better with something like "Venturous/Shameless".
third, could be "Horny" and the last one "Depraved". the last one google translation is: Witch-spermopriёmnik ? wtf is that?

Last edited:

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

third, could be "Horny" and the last one "Depraved". the last one google translation is: Witch-spermopriёmnik ? wtf is that?
I think it should be something around Cumdumpster Witch...
Or literally "cum container witch"... But I may be wrong as hell here xD

OP
E

ewn

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

i found it, its in common events, (CommonEvents)
i found a few lines, in both:
羞恥心減少(イベント) and 羞恥心減少(戦闘敗北)
(so, i show the title description, so you know what kind of state she is in, maybe the "google-russian-translation is not that accurate"

Hildegarde felt strange tingling down below.
Ведьма

Thoughts of sex don't embarass Hildegarde anymore.
Возбуждённая ведьма

Hildegarde is ready to have sex with anyone.
Развратная ведьма

All of Hildegarde's thoughts are of sex.
Ведьма-спермоприёмник

the first one, translate : Witch, and i think its "dumb" to use it. shes already a witch, and to give that "shame" title is odd. better find a better one. such as "Excited/Curious",
same can we say about the second one. google translate it to "Horny", but the description says shes not embarrassed anymore. I would say its better with something like "Venturous/Shameless".
Still can't find them, even on a new-made patch.

Yeah, just 'witch' looks kinda out of place. But since it's possible to beat the game with high shame or basically to be innocent, a 'regular witch' or something along those lines would look better.
Second one could be left as 'horny witch'
Third one is more along the lines of 'perverted witch'
And the last one is basically as this guys said
I think it should be something around Cumdumpster Witch...
Or literally "cum container witch"... But I may be wrong as hell here xD

1baka

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

actually the first nickname is:
"Great Sorceress (in dreams)"

the Ведьма (Witch) is when the Shame is below/equal 75
the second is at 50, third at 25 and the last one, at 0.

if we gonna change it, we need to think of:

100: Great Sorceress (in dreams)
75: Ведьма (Witch or Regular Witch)
50: Возбуждённая ведьма (Horny Witch)
25: Развратная ведьма (Perverted Witch)
0: Ведьма-спермоприёмник (Cumdumpster Witch)

so, if the first one is "her own" thought, she believes that shes are great sorceress, then why at 75 she get to be a Witch? no sense right? we need to come up with something that follow the "corruption" :D
in the game, the first 100-75 is all about exposing herself.
shes somehow "Indecent" maybe Indecent Witch? or instead of Witch, we use "Sorceress", Indecent Sorceress, Horny Sorceress ... ?

Last edited:

zipetya

Reputation score

Nice to see you guys going after the possible mistranslations, aiming for perfection. (or something close to it! ;)) Devil is in the details! Cheers.

That said, could someone who had played through the game with the TL state what version he applied the patch to? Getting conflicting reports! lol

(I assumed it was translated from the 1.04 russian TL -thus only usable with the 1.04-, then again, someone in the game's thread wrote that the patch didn't work with the 1.04 version (errors), yet worked after applying to the 1.05)

Shadowstorm

Reputation score

Nice to see you guys going after the possible mistranslations, aiming for perfection. (or something close to it! ;)) Devil is in the details! Cheers.

That said, could someone who had played through the game with the TL state what version he applied the patch to? Getting conflicting reports! lol

(I assumed it was translated from the 1.04 russian TL -thus only usable with the 1.04-, then again, someone in the game's thread wrote that the patch didn't work with the 1.04 version (errors), yet worked after applying to the 1.05)
I played the game with the translation in the 1.05 and everything was fine, even the 5 new scenes from the 1.05 update are translated.

-----------------------------

EDIT: Btw, I think that with this file the "Job titles" should be translated, at least they are for me.

NOTE: If you want the titles translated you have to start a new game, the titles are "stored" in the save files. Or edit the game and add 1 item that change your title, but I'm to lazy to do it.

Last edited:

zipetya

Reputation score

^ Thank you for the clarification and for the file as well!

Much obliged.

Gfurst

Demon Girl
Reputation score

So is actually an more or less easy way to port the translation over 1.05,
rpgm-trans itself doesn't conflict between game versions, however the patch files would be different between japanese and the russian translation
what we could do is port over lines from your russian patch to a new japanese patch,
shouldn't be too difficult, since most of the lines should all be in the same files in the same place, some quick checking with machine translation could confirm if those are indeed the same lines

as for the titles, there are indeed some quirks with rpgm-trans, you could check up known issues or with the author if these are indeed our case,
if it is so, then indeed those need to be edited directly with rpgm, preferably before trying for a patch
ps: actually for titles I'd remember those actually being available in my patch when I tried it, in the actors file, might not be the same thing you're talking about

torkenstiem

Tentacle God
Reputation score

ive played through half the game so far with no problems, good job.

zipetya

Reputation score

Goodness gracious, now I'm unsure again!! lol
Anyways, it will be easiest to try it rather than talk about it for myself. I have the v1.05 Jap version (acquired from nyaa - thx nyaa), will try the patch on it when I get the chance.

But just to surmise, and do correct me if I am wrong:
  1. there was this nice Russian guy, torpaza192 (thx), who made a Russian TL for the v1.04
  2. that v1.04R was then translated into English by ewn (thx), with RPGMaker Trans
  3. but for convenience's sake, he made it available in not the RPGMaker Trans patch format, but with the good old 'Data' folder that just needs to be copied into the decrypted game's folder
  4. ???something or someone or the supernatural or who knows lol
  5. hopefully (well, according to people on the threads, factually) working when applied to a v1.05 virgin Japanese game

Oh well. Hoping for the best! XD

Anyhow, you guys and gals providing these free services for us, are very much appreciated. Thanks and keep on fighting the good fight!

Gfurst

Demon Girl
Reputation score

But just to surmise, and do correct me if I am wrong:
  1. there was this nice Russian guy, torpaza192 (thx), who made a Russian TL for the v1.04
  2. that v1.04R was then translated into English by ewn (thx), with RPGMaker Trans
  3. but for convenience's sake, he made it available in not the RPGMaker Trans patch format, but with the good old 'Data' folder that just needs to be copied into the decrypted game's folder
  4. ???something or someone or the supernatural or who knows lol
  5. hopefully (well, according to people on the threads, factually) working when applied to a v1.05 virgin Japanese game
actually no,
if you copy over the data files, the translation should work well regardless, but then you're pretty much just playing 1.04
you can't use the same patch from the russian version to the japanese either, since the original game strings will be different(from japanese to russian)

I've been playing for a while, didn't see any issues, and translation is pretty good too,
from what I remember, the last patch didn't add much stuff either, besides some bugfixes

Status
Not open for further replies.