What's new

ADV Patreon Active RPG Maker [Reepyr] Adventures of Tara (v0.86.D19)

OP
Reepyr

Reepyr

Sex Demon
Reputation score
Re: Adventures of Tara - English H-Game [Demo]

One small suggestion; are we going to see a Corruption counter in later builds?

I do like how she is just completely unlikeable. Too many slutty and overly nice elves in HRPGs so this is actually a welcome change. From such a short demo I already don't like her, and am actually siding with Sidius... (damn, that is so close to being plagiarism). Nice to have a near faceless weirdo rather than the traditional fat, ugly, impotent yet relentlessly horny old bastard we're seeing a lot of these days.

I'm not actually too fond of the 3D art style (but that's a personal thing rather than an actual critique) but I can live with it as the game is looking good.
I fixed the grammatical error you mentioned in the one place where I knew where it was, if you happen to remember the details of the other one let me know and I will keep an eye out for it as I run through the testing the game. Strange how that towel rack made the square passable but I fixed that as well as the 2 other squares in the university that allowed Tara to run around up on the border of the room.

There is a corruption counter that is visible when loading a save game so all I will need to add later is a way to see it inside the game itself, it currently lists Experience (total of all sexual acts) and then a breakdown of each individual type of act. By the end of the demo you should see 5 Experience, 2 Exposed, 1 Masturbation, 1 Blowjob and 1 Sex (even though it almost shouldn't count :)).

Thanks for playing and giving me great feedback!

Needs some straight shota and customizable outfits!

But I say this in every patreon I end up interested in!

Other than that, seems good.
I wouldn't mind putting in shota scenes but I will have to check on the legality of it before I can commit to it.

There will definitely be multiple outfits that you can choose from moving forward. I'll probably even go back through the demo and allow some different options for some of the scenes.

Thanks!

Short but nice and promising demo. As already mentioned having a bitch for a main character is a nice change.

One issue seen: Tara can climb on top of the wall (see attached screenshot).
Thanks moonblack for the kind words and I have fixed all the locations that have been reported as allowing Tara to go where she should not be able to.

Last edited:

Zodiark69

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I fixed the grammatical error you mentioned in the one place where I knew where it was, if you happen to remember the details of the other one let me know and I will keep an eye out for it as I run through the testing the game. Strange how that towel rack made the square passable but I fixed that as well as the 2 other squares in the university that allowed Tara to run around up on the border of the room.

There is a corruption counter that is visible when loading a save game so all I will need to add later is a way to see it inside the game itself, it currently lists Experience (total of all sexual acts) and then a breakdown of each individual type of act. By the end of the demo you should see 5 Experience, 2 Exposed, 1 Masturbation, 1 Blowjob and 1 Sex (even though it almost shouldn't count :)).

Thanks for playing and giving me great feedback!

I wouldn't mind putting in shota scenes but I will have to check on the legality of it before I can commit to it.

There will definitely be multiple outfits that you can choose from moving forward. I'll probably even go back through the demo and allow some different options for some of the scenes.

Thanks!

Thanks moonblack for the kind words and I have fixed all the locations that have been reported as allowing Tara to go where she should not be able to.
You put in shota, you can't share a single link to the game here anymore. Against the rules, just like Loli.

Troufas

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

You put in shota, you can't share a single link to the game here anymore. Against the rules, just like Loli.
Not directly, but there are many ways to circumvent that, so don't let the bullies scare you :)

stoper

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Not a fan of the theme myself, but there were aspects of the game that I liked.

The main character is interesting, being such a bitch with everyone. Tho' I would've liked her more if she had at least a couple of brain cells between her elven ears. I understand being naive about sex, but she crossed the stupid line more than a couple of times in this short demo.

The game also moved way to fast for my taste. In one moment we are teased with the main character touching herself, in the next she had already blown one of the guys and is being raped by another one.

The maps were good. The game was well structured, there wasn't much unnecessary walking around, in all of the cases it was clear what you were supposed to do and where to go.
The areas felt empty and there was pretty much no interactions with objects and characters, but I guess that's normal for such an early stage of development.

The 3D is decent. Tho' you definitely need some better male characters. And make sure they have genital textures in them, nothing is more repulsive than a dick that doesn't match the body.

I may sound a little harsh, but I wanted to point out some stuff I didn't like.
Stay sharp and keep us updated on the progress.

babon123

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

quite good game...

I also think the progression is quite fast,

I personally like when the progression is like scgarden games..

3D art is quite good, bit lack of freedom in exploration , I hope this will change in future.

Also hopefully there will be option to modify clothes similar to scgarden

Wulfe

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

This is easily the best 3D art game I've played... In fact it's the only 3D art game I've seen so far that I'd actually consider contributing to. That said I have a few comments, some of which I'm pretty sure are already on the 'to do' list, but which stood out to me on my playthrough.

- The school feels empty at times. I love the setpieces you have, but when you leave a classroom the place is just barren... I get that you need the halls to be empty for the Inquisitor scene (I know that's the wrong word, but it's what I hear in my head each time), but you could definitely scatter a few students around in the library, apothecary(?) and entryway. Maybe outside the dorm stairs too. Make the place feel a little more alive.

- Just on the subject of setpieces, they work wonderfully for an introduction to the world, and they didn't outstay their welcome... Yet... But if that demo had been say, twice the length, and just as dense with uncontrollable, non-interactive scenes, you'd probably be pushing my limit for that sort of thing... But as long as the gameplay in between starts to open up from here and lets me start exploring or making more choices for myself, then we're golden.

- Tara goes from Untouchable Bitch to Naive Submissive waaaay too quickly. You set up this great, unique character and then before the demo's even over she's already turning into more of a cookie-cutter elf slut... Please, please, please avoid that temptation! The bedroom scene with Bernal for example, all he has to do is say she was a big meany meanums to him and suddenly she's slobbering all over his cock like an apprentice crackwhore? I don't buy it. When he accuses her of being mean, she should be even meaner and tease him about being such a crybaby... She should fight to -be- a bitch until the effect of the curse overwhelms her. Certainly that early in the piece.

- As for being naive, she's an official 'adult' now. And these students apparently know enough about fraternization to be banned from it without having the minutiae explained to them. We can all assume it's going on in quiet, dark little corners all over the school... Right?... Certainly the male students all seem to know exactly what the plumbing's for, so why is Tara all "Not my private parts!" and "I'm so embarrassed!" like every other schoolgirl character ever?
She started out much more like a character who's rich, talented, beautiful and KNOWS IT. She shouldn't be surprised that boys want to perv on her, because of course they do, but her aloofness should come from superiority not naivety. They're -beneath- her... Even the headmaster, she could mentally accuse him of being a filthy old lecher who just wants to see some prime pussy before he kicks the bucket; without knowing that she's actually right. Better that than 'Ooh, I couldn't possibly show him my wibbly bits'.
So let me lay out what I think are the three keys to a GREAT narrative that you've already established, because it's the competition between them that I find most interesting (and fun):

1) Tara's innate curiosity about sex, her rampant young-adult hormones, that in any other circumstance would go unexplored because noone at the school could possibly measure up to her standards.

2) Tara's desire to remind everyone else of their proper place beneath her in the pecking-order, despite the obvious new kinds of power that they now wield over her.

3) The tension between control and submission; in that the harder she tries to reassert control over a situation, the more the curse is going to literally bring her to her knees... That's so awesome, and I can't wait to see what you do with it. (Personally I'm rooting for a Mord Sith solution)

To those ends I have one specific story suggestion, or request if you'd prefer... Right now Bernal doesn't know about the blackmailers, and the blackmailers don't know about the curse. Please don't be in too much of a hurry to tie these elements together, because I think there's a lot of scope in the idea that some characters are tormenting her days, another is tormenting her nights, her potential 'saviour' could still try to exploit her, and ALL OF THEM would think they're in total, independent control.

- Finally I wanted to comment on the Patreon tiers. Just note that I'm coming at this from the perspective of an unemployed guy who nevertheless -is- a patron to other devs. Specifically Eromancer, YummyTiger, Switch and Vortex... My personal line in the sand is that for $5 per month, or $10 per game update I expect to be able to give useful feedback on up-to-date builds. I'm long-winded about it (not sure if you've noticed), but I'd like to think I make clear and well supported arguments when I do offer feedback or suggestions.
Your first tier to actually provide access to content is $10 per month, and it's deliberately out-of-date content. Since that's the kind of money I would pay for EVE Online, an impossibly huge and content-rich experience, no amount of good will or hopefullness is going to be enough to get me over that hurdle, even when I -was- working... I absolutely understand the desire to generate an income from your own work, it's the artisan's dream and I'm jealous that I don't have a compatible skillset to try it myself, but I really wanted to mention that because I worry that some devs are pricing themselves out of some support. And if you're gating the kind of timely feedback that could actually improve the game, who does that benefit?

Having not been in your situation, and having no practical experience to draw from I'd still suggest dropping the $50pm and $100pm tiers until you've really got some momentum going. Focus on the value and strength that you can draw from larger number of $5, $10 and $20 supporters first... Hell you could probably graph the exponential curve of tier numbers as they build and get a pretty good idea of when to reintroduce the high-roller tiers.

Last edited:

Xil

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

- Tara goes from Untouchable Bitch to Naive Submissive waaaay too quickly. You set up this great, unique character and then before the demo's even over she's already turning into more of a cookie-cutter elf slut... Please, please, please avoid that temptation! The bedroom scene with Bernal for example, all he has to do is say she was a big meany meanums to him and suddenly she's slobbering all over his cock like an apprentice crackwhore? I don't buy it. When he accuses her of being mean, she should be even meaner and tease him about being such a crybaby... She should fight to -be- a bitch until the effect of the curse overwhelms her. Certainly that early in the piece.

- As for being naive, she's an official 'adult' now. And these students apparently know enough about fraternization to be banned from it without having the minutiae explained to them. We can all assume it's going on in quiet, dark little corners all over the school... Right?... Certainly the male students all seem to know exactly what the plumbing's for, so why is Tara all "Not my private parts!" and "I'm so embarrassed!" like every other schoolgirl character ever?
She started out much more like a character who's rich, talented, beautiful and KNOWS IT. She shouldn't be surprised that boys want to perv on her, because of course they do, but her aloofness should come from superiority not naivety. They're -beneath- her... Even the headmaster, she could mentally accuse him of being a filthy old lecher who just wants to see some prime pussy before he kicks the bucket; without knowing that she's actually right. Better that than 'Ooh, I couldn't possibly show him my wibbly bits'.
I feel like that's the interesting part though. She is obviously not like other protagonists where she shys away from doing stuff like that, while having no idea what is she doing but at the same time doing it because she would get herself rid of that "feeling" she's getting.

First of all, she doesn't shy away from it, because she knows it will help her, and she doesn't seem like a slut exactly because she is doing this because it would help her. Furthermore, there's nothing to indicate she becomes a slut unlike in other games where the protagonist actively looks around to find a dick to suck or ride.

And secondly, if she "knows it" as you say, then there wouldn't be much of a corruption element in the game.

Wulfe

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I thing you've misunderstood what I was saying, but I'll try to be clearer.

I feel like that's the interesting part though. She is obviously not like other protagonists where she shys away from doing stuff like that, while having no idea what is she doing but at the same time doing it because she would get herself rid of that "feeling" she's getting.
Tara definitely starts out "not like other protagonists", but then she almost immediately gets turned into the Naive Schoolgirl trope... The way she references 'naughty bits', the passive embarrasment, the meek submission are all pretty standard stuff for that trope and she slips right into them.
She doesn't really resist at all, which doesn't make sense for the Self-Entitled Bitch personality that she's given at the beginning.

Now keep in mind I'm NOT saying this shouldn't happen... I'm just saying it shouldn't happen so damn fast.

First of all, she doesn't shy away from it, because she knows it will help her, and she doesn't seem like a slut exactly because she is doing this because it would help her. Furthermore, there's nothing to indicate she becomes a slut unlike in other games where the protagonist actively looks around to find a dick to suck or ride.
Are you saying you think she believes, from day one, that this is all going to help her in the long run and so she's just embracing it from the moment it starts?... How is that more interesting? Where's the drama in that?
Also, if she's already down to get dirty that quick, why does she keep thinking about revenge?

I think it's a much more interesting story arc if she first resists, then starts to understand, and finally sees an opportunity she can actually exploit for herself... So that when she finally truly 'submits' it may not be quite what the villains expected.

And secondly, if she "knows it" as you say, then there wouldn't be much of a corruption element in the game.
She knows she's rich, talented and beautiful. How does that negatively effect corruption? ... It seems to me that people who are wealthy and full of themselves are generally -more- corruptible, not less.
I -want- to see the corruption happen, and at the moment we don't get that... She's a Domme one minute, and then immediately becomes a Sub she moment she's exposed to this strange magic we call 'being horny'... That's not a process of corruption.

[edit]
So let me just expound upon what I think a process of corruption would look like:
Firstly everyone's favourite uppity bitch is incensed at the liberties all these young men are taking, blackmailing HER?!? Fondling HER?!? Making HER the victim of their animal lusts?!? ... And so she resists. She insults them, mocks them, even while she's doing everything they tell her to. Even when they try to punish her for it... And every time she does she just makes herself hornier and hornier from the curse, until she ends up lost in her own desire and lust. And every time the guys congratulate themselves and pat themselves on the proverbial back over what great slut-trainers they've turned out to be. Because that's the only way they can rationalise this limitless elvish fucktoy they've created.
And every night our anti-heroine returns to her room only to be toyed with again by the emboldened puppy-dog guy that used to follow her around everywhere, who knows about the curse and uses his stories about all those times in years past (remember they're all in the final year now, so they've known each other a good long while) when she would tread on him in her climb to the top of the class, treating him like shit while he remained loyal. And now he's increasingly getting a kick out of -making- her treat him badly, finding buttons he can push that make her lash out, and get hornier... And hornier, and hornier until she's literally whimpering in her frustration at not having his cock pounding into her.
And then somewhere in this blur of day, after night, after day of seemingly endless violation she starts to realise something... She has, a strange kind of power here. She keeps getting everything she craves, even if it's a curse making her crave it, and the young men feeding these cravings are HERS... What she gives to them and takes from them she can give and take from any man. Maybe even women too, why not?... But what they now crave? They can only get -that- from HER.
And so she starts to explore this new idea... The old Grand Master, who likes to look but is too wise to try and touch, could she make him crave her too? Crave her so much he'd risk propriety and his very position at the school just to plow her with that wrinkled old cock? Wouldn't that be something... And the Invigilator! Oh, the very demon who cursed her! She'd just bet that he'd be curious to see his own handiwork, to lay his giant hands on the tiny, fragile young form he tried to mold? To delve deep, deep down inside and really understand what makes her tick, to draw out her full and total potential? Oh yes, he most definitely would.

That would be my process of corruption... :D

Last edited:

Xil

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I thing you've misunderstood what I was saying, but I'll try to be clearer.

Tara definitely starts out "not like other protagonists", but then she almost immediately gets turned into the Naive Schoolgirl trope... The way she references 'naughty bits', the passive embarrasment, the meek submission are all pretty standard stuff for that trope and she slips right into them.
She doesn't really resist at all, which doesn't make sense for the Self-Entitled Bitch personality that she's given at the beginning.

Now keep in mind I'm NOT saying this shouldn't happen... I'm just saying it shouldn't happen so damn fast.
I don't know, I mean she didn't really know why she had to suck Bernal's dick or even if that made him feel good. And she didn't seem to shy away because she thought it was innapropriate nor did she think about it in a sexual way.
Are you saying you think she believes, from day one, that this is all going to help her in the long run and so she's just embracing it from the moment it starts?... How is that more interesting? Where's the drama in that?
Also, if she's already down to get dirty that quick, why does she keep thinking about revenge?
I think the only reason she masturbated was because she was forced to by the curse. She probably didn't know what she was even doing.
I think it's a much more interesting story arc if she first resists, then starts to understand, and finally sees an opportunity she can actually exploit for herself... So that when she finally truly 'submits' it may not be quite what the villains expected.
What I meant with "interesting" is that she is different from the other protagonists because, she doesn't know what she is doing, the curse maker her like it, and she doesn't mind it in the end.

The reason she wants revenger is well, because she is a stuck up bitch :D

If it wasn't for this curse in this story, it wouldn't be much different than the other ones.

squark

Tentacle God
Reputation score

$50pm and $100pm
Wow. Per month? That's the one reason I don't support many things on Patreon. Per content release might work better. But make sure patches are free and not counted as full releases.

I speak of experience of Indivi's Lust Doll project.

Reputation score

hot damn, the amount of details on your model is awesome!!! man.. i cant believe that little number supporters you have in comparison to so many scammers.. wish you luck in the business dude, you got a long road ahead

OP
Reepyr

Reepyr

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Lots of replies and so a lot of information to try and make clear about my plans and current thoughts about the game!

[Zodiark69] / [Troufas] Shota.I know that if I ever were to put any loli/shota content into this game it would not be able to be linked to on this and other sites so I won't be doing that. Possibly in a different project in the future once I have proven my work ethic and have supporters asking for it.

[stoper] 3D textures. I will be doing my best with the textures for the male models as well, although Tara will always be my main focus :). All depends on what is available for skins on the models I use and whether they give textures for the genitals.

[Wulfe] Cutscenes. Much fewer cutscenes from here on out. I was concerned that there were too many in the demo but I haven't heard that as a complaint so far. Everything from here on out will be much more player driven.

[Wulfe] Environment. There will be much more added into the university environment soon. Librarians, students in the hallways between classes and just more atmosphere to make the school feel more 'lived in'.

[stoper] / [babon123] / [Wulfe] Progression I agree completely about the quickness of certain scenes but I wanted to give a demonstration of the artwork and both of the more explicit scenarios made sense to me as a 'one-off' type of situation. Basically she is not going to allow either one of those things to happen anytime soon, (She will be checking every damn chair before sitting down for one thing :D) and while the curse had a dramatic first effect it was only because she had been particularly brutal to Bernal and she really had no argument against that. That is why I made sure in the dialogue to have Bernal agree to never use those particular actions of hers again.

So my thoughts on how the game moves from here is a constant struggle for Tara to not be mean enough to trigger the curse (even though so many people just constantly piss her off!) and resisting as much as possible anything that Sinius attempts to force her to do. Sinius won't let anyone know about his new found influence over Tara, (except I'm sure Bryce will be demanding of some favors at some point) and Bernal will certainly keep the information about the curse to himself for his own benefit. In fact Bernal might just offer to 'assist' when Tara can't escape activating the curse. ;)

One of the ideas I was thinking about was to have a timer start as soon as the curse is triggered and have a game over if she can't find either a place to take care of it herself, or get some assistance from some other friendly and helpful person. All without being caught by the Head Mistress, of course.

The Invigilator will certainly make another appearance later down the road!

[wulfe] Patreon amounts I did deliberately make the top 2 tiers high because rather than having someone pay that monthly I figured that someone might be interested in contributing that one time to name one of the characters (any of the other students who will be involved later in the game) early on in the game creation and request a specific scene and artwork which could either be put into the game or kept to themself.

This will also be the first time I am letting anyone know that for the first month or two any pledge will automatically get bumped up to the next tier! So a $20 contribution will put you into the $50 level and if there is only one, then that person automatically wins the drawing for the month to name a character and request a scene!

I currently have quite a bit of time to devote to the game and I intend to prove my work ethic quickly to the community.

Thank you all for taking the time to offer your suggestions/criticisms and if I did not adequately address any issue just let me know!

Last edited:

torkenstiem

Tentacle God
Reputation score

all that sounds really good...dont really care about game overs tho, but its yer baby. keep up the good work and hope to see this finished some day :D

moonblack

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Question: Will the girls get some payback too, or will it be just the boys? Based on what was shown in the demo there should be at least a few girls who would love some payback...

OP
Reepyr

Reepyr

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Wow. Per month? That's the one reason I don't support many things on Patreon. Per content release might work better. But make sure patches are free and not counted as full releases.

I speak of experience of Indivi's Lust Doll project.
I see those tiers as more of a one off for anyone who wants a commissioned scene or character rather than being a regular monthly contribution.

Patches will definitely not be considered individual content releases, they are just bug fixes as far as I am concerned.

hot damn, the amount of details on your model is awesome!!! man.. i cant believe that little number supporters you have in comparison to so many scammers.. wish you luck in the business dude, you got a long road ahead
Thanks! Since my Patreon has only been up for a day I am pretty happy to have any pledges at all ;) I've certainly got a lot of work to do!

all that sounds really good...dont really care about game overs tho, but its yer baby. keep up the good work and hope to see this finished some day
Feels like there needs to be some consequence to failing to find a safe place to deal with the curse effects but I will see if there is something else I can use in the game instead of a straight Game Over screen with some ending image. I will keep working on it until it is done and then share it with anyone who is interested.

Question: Will the girls get some payback too, or will it be just the boys? Based on what was shown in the demo there should be at least a few girls who would love some payback...
Absolutely! I was just going over in my head last night how the scene was going to play out with one particular female student that Tara was rude to. Took me a while to go to sleep! :D

Also there will be situations where Tara will be working to get some of the other girls to handle some of the 'homework' given to her by Sinius. She'll do whatever it takes to graduate but won't have any qualms about tricking other girls into taking over some of the tasks assigned to her.

Last edited:

DwDuck

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

One of the ideas I was thinking about was to have a timer start as soon as the curse is triggered and have a game over if she can't find either a place to take care of it herself, or get some assistance from some other friendly and helpful person.
I personally can't stand timers because I really like exploring every inch of a game and therefore a timer is really contraproductive.

I was actually (positively) suprised by the demo. Love the artwork and the general story - so far :)

OP
Reepyr

Reepyr

Sex Demon
Reputation score

I personally can't stand timers because I really like exploring every inch of a game and therefore a timer is really contraproductive.

I was actually (positively) suprised by the demo. Love the artwork and the general story - so far :)
My plan for the timer is that it would only happen when you have the curse triggered, meaning you would need to find a safe place to ummm, 'take care of it' (like Tara's room or maybe an empty spot in the library) without being caught by the Head Mistress. This would still leave you all the time you wanted to explore the area at any time that you aren't cursed of course.

The more often the curse is triggered means the timer starts at a lower number making it more challenging to not get caught or possibly needing to get some assistance from someone else. ;)

Thank you for the feedback, it means a lot to me and my plan is to release smaller updates quickly rather than larger updates more spread out. So it shouldn't be too long before I have the public release available to share here with more content for you to enjoy.

Last edited:

torkenstiem

Tentacle God
Reputation score

im sure if she gets caught, shes gonna have to "pay" in some way or another ;)

OP
Reepyr

Reepyr

Sex Demon
Reputation score

im sure if she gets caught, shes gonna have to "pay" in some way or another ;)
Ha! I like how you think! And yes, as long as Tara has enough experience/corruption then there will be some options for her to try and get herself out of trouble, depending on who spots her.

She will have to be quite imaginative to get the Head Mistress to let her go however. :D

Last edited:

torkenstiem

Tentacle God
Reputation score

as long as Tara has enough experience/corruption then there will be some options for her to try and get herself out of trouble, depending on who spots her.
awesome :D