What's new

Random movie talky stuff.

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Random movie talky stuff.

I just don't like his acting style sin but you just gave me new hope for the movie.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I just don't like his acting style sin but you just gave me new hope for the movie.
Fair nough.

Also found out Jeremy Renner is in it. Fuck yes again.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Just got back from watching "The Fountain". Partially out of curiosity after watching Aronofsky's "Black Swan", and partially because as I've gotten older and with the experiences I've had the subject matter was rather interesting to me.

The plot is rather weird to describe. I suppose the easiest way to say it is Hugh Jackman's character goes on a 1000 year journey to save his love, but after watching it that doesn't quite feel right. An exploration of death in science and the metaphysical it really feels more an experience than any sort of proper story.

In the end I greatly enjoyed it, but I don't quite know how to tell people about it or how to say if it's good for them or not. It's entirely about death, despite being about living forever.

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I've just watched and listened to The Phantom Of The Opera, the 2004 film. Not many people like it, which is a surprise to me. Just the songs are worth it, in my opinion, and especially the performance of Emmy Rossum is spectacular. Personal highlight is definitely the masquerade ball with the big dance number. Only thing I dislike, same as many others, is the lack of actual disfigurement of the Phantom.

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

Really? Not many people liked it? My friends are all massive fans...

I suppose I never really paid much attention beyond that though. I'm not a massive movie person.

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Well, opinions on it have been mixed. Ratings were rather average, with a 4 to 5 out of 10 as far as I know.

Ranger Princess

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I love the Phantom of the Opera! It's my favorite musical of all time (and I like a lot of them). You should check out the musical in a theater if its ever around because the effects are really amazing. I saw the movie at the cinema, and I rememeber liking it too. Emmy did a really good job as Christine. For me, she still can't compare with my girl Sarah Brightman, but that's doesn't mean she wasn't good. ^_^

Last edited:

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

the movie was pretty good, i dont see what people have against it. i saw it in london and that was good to, but the addition of cinamatography helped somewhat (i dont think that is something that would work for many operas). My favourite is les miserables though, but this may be skewed as when i saw it in london as well i randomly got great seats and apparently the person doing javert was the best there has ever been. That is one that probably wouldn't translate as well into a film when taking the same direct aproach as phantom did.

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

o_O

That is... odd.

Around the same time Rule posted that he watched Phantom of the Opera, I was watching of the exact same movie.

ALSO:
Just went back and re-watched Titan A.E. finally (had the DVD since Christmas). It's not quite as great as I remember from watching it when it was in theaters, but I still really like it.

Now I just need to go find and re-watch Atlantis: The Lost Empire.....

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Where do you think I got the idea to watch the movie again from?

E

Exofluke

Thoughts?

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Thoughts?
I watched part 1, I'll watch part 2. Might as well to continue the story. Besides I actually rather enjoy the films, though I never did get past the first hundred pages of book six all those years ago.

Ranger Princess

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I watched part 1, I'll watch part 2. Might as well to continue the story. Besides I actually rather enjoy the films, though I never did get past the first hundred pages of book six all those years ago.
Book 6 was my favorite one! Well except book 3 but that one's in a league of its own. :rolleyes:

I really didn't like part 1 of deathly hallows at all...I probably won't like this one either, but there's no way I'm missing it. I didn't know it was coming out so soon!

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Book 6 was my favorite one! Well except book 3 but that one's in a league of its own. :rolleyes:

I really didn't like part 1 of deathly hallows at all...I probably won't like this one either, but there's no way I'm missing it. I didn't know it was coming out so soon!
I didn't know it was coming out that soon either. Now I need to buy part 1 so I can watch it the night before I go to see it in the cinema.

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

Part 1 was alright, so I'll most likely watch part 2.

I'm partial to book 4. I remember finishing it and thinking 'shit, son, SHIT JUST GOT REAL.'
Also, the Tri-Wizard Tournament was awesome.

Luppikun

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The fourth book was quite good. As was the third. I think my fave BOOK would be either 5 or 6. 7 was alright, but it felt rushed. (Although I like freaking people out by telling them
Harry dies

The fourth movie SUCKED, IMO. Haven't seen DH part 1 yet.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

I've liked all the movies and all of the books so far so I see no problem with The Deathly Hallows Part 2 after seeing the trailer. It's pretty rare that I actually like both the books and the movies because I usually only like one or the other. Of the books I liked the Half-Blood Prince the best, but of the movies I liked the Goblet of Fire the best. The Half-Blood Prince movie was lacking in something that the book had, though I still liked it.

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

my fave BOOK would be either 5 or 6.
Seriously? Harry Potter and the Order of the Emowhinge is in your shortlist? Like, you're not just trolling? AFAIC, worst book in series.

Luppikun

Tentacle God
Reputation score

XD I meant the whole ACTION part. Not the Wizard Angst.
Mmmm... Luna...

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

So finally watched the movie "Silence of the Lambs", which leaves only one Hannibal film left to see, which is "Red Dragon". I rather enjoyed the film, except I found that it would have been much better had I seen it closer to its release.

It suffers from the same problem that all classic movies suffer from, and that is all the references to it in newer media really dilute the effectiveness of some scenes. Buffalo Bill would have been much creepier had he not been parodied so often.

Still, I enjoyed the movie, and at some point I'll track down Red Dragon.