What's new

Rags game - Tales of the Drunken Cowboy

Joeballs

Reputation score
Re: Rags game - Tales of the Drunken Cowboy

wonder if anyone can help am stuck in the Jane side quest, i need to lace the coffee with some thing. what is it and were can i find it?

mdqp

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

wonder if anyone can help am stuck in the Jane side quest, i need to lace the coffee with some thing. what is it and were can i find it?
The item you need can be found on the lower level, where the cells are, if you didn't get it then, you can't get it anymore. You don't necessarily need the item, though, you can use Jane's powers to get past the guard.

If you want to know how to get the item anyway, here is a little spoiler:

You must read the mind of one of the guards on the floor with the cells. This way, you'll learn that the cleaning lady is very gullible, so when you meet her, you can lie to her, and then read her mind, so you can know the location of a mysterious package.

mdqp

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Just a heads up, the new version is out! I can't add the link, though (I don't have enough posts here :( ).

Anyway, you can find it at my blog, have fun! :D

mdqp

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

A new version of the game is out, if you are interested in checking it out, you can find the link and the changelog at my blog (just search mdqpgames, you can't miss it ;p).

Have fun! :D

mdqp

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

The 1.0 version of the game is here, checkout my blog for links and details.

Trigon

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

The 1.0 version of the game is here, checkout my blog for links and details.
Congrats on releasing your game mdqp. I've been following it for years, and I know it's been a long road. Good luck on whatever project you decide to do next.

mdqp

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Congrats on releasing your game mdqp. I've been following it for years, and I know it's been a long road. Good luck on whatever project you decide to do next.
Eh-eh, thanks! :D

The next one will likely be an RPGMaker VX Ace project, I have a prototype that is already in development, hopefully it won't be too long before I feel like I can show it to the public. I am struggling a little with my finances, so I am strongly considering setting up a patreon, but the game will still be free, so it shouldn't change much, except maybe I'll release updates more often. :p

Pykrete Blue

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Congrats on having the patience to stick with Rags for so long, jeez! I think I gave up somewhere around the point where it managed to corrupt not only the currently open version of a game I was working on, but also all 3 of its backups.

And obviously grats on releasing 1.0!

mdqp

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Congrats on having the patience to stick with Rags for so long, jeez! I think I gave up somewhere around the point where it managed to corrupt not only the currently open version of a game I was working on, but also all 3 of its backups.

And obviously grats on releasing 1.0!
Believe me, I am really tired too. The worst part is that eventually I'll have to make chapter 2. I could import the data and continue with RAGS, or else I'll have to find a new engine, and have players answer a LOONG series of questions, if they want to continue from where they finished in chapter 1. :mad:

Pykrete Blue

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Well personally, after experimenting with Twine for a bit - it's very open ended but a bit beyond me - I went with Quest. Been able to do some fairly cool stuff with it so far. Only real downside is that it's currently not html based, so you can play it online, but only through Quest's hosting site. In a few months they should be rolling up an update html conversion thing though, so, looking forward to that.

However, I've heard Quest gets a bit 'bed shitty' once you shove too many pictures and sound files in there, which I'm not using. Though I imagine Rags is probably the same, I remember it having pretty bad memory leak problems and memory bloat with just text alone...

mdqp

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Well personally, after experimenting with Twine for a bit - it's very open ended but a bit beyond me - I went with Quest. Been able to do some fairly cool stuff with it so far. Only real downside is that it's currently not html based, so you can play it online, but only through Quest's hosting site. In a few months they should be rolling up an update html conversion thing though, so, looking forward to that.

However, I've heard Quest gets a bit 'bed shitty' once you shove too many pictures and sound files in there, which I'm not using. Though I imagine Rags is probably the same, I remember it having pretty bad memory leak problems and memory bloat with just text alone...
The worst problems are the pictures, but they slow down the game more when they are large than when they are numerous. Eventually, any large game is going to have troubles, though.

I can't remember what interface quest used, maybe I should give it a look.
Anyway, my next game is almost 100% sure to be an RPGMaker game, so I am not too pressed for finding an engine right now.

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

So I'm not really finding clear indication of the content present in this game beside the initial pitch. I remember playing this a year or two ago and not liking it much due to it being less of a 'struggle against the influence of a rogue A.I trying to turn you into a submissive slut' and more of a 'find some dom to sub to' I seem to recall some dude hypnotizing the character and getting no option to fight back etc.

Am I miss-remembering? Is the focus on submission or resistance here?

mdqp

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

So I'm not really finding clear indication of the content present in this game beside the initial pitch. I remember playing this a year or two ago and not liking it much due to it being less of a 'struggle against the influence of a rogue A.I trying to turn you into a submissive slut' and more of a 'find some dom to sub to' I seem to recall some dude hypnotizing the character and getting no option to fight back etc.

Am I miss-remembering? Is the focus on submission or resistance here?
If you didn't like it enough 1 or two years ago, there is little chance you are going to like it now. While new content has been added, the game didn't undergo extreme changes, so I doubt you'll find it a significantly different experience.

I'd say the focus of the story is resistance, but if you want sexy content and/or bad ends you'll find them more easily if you submit, as in many games in this genre.

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Cheers, looking at a walkthrough for the game it looks as though the event that irked me so much last time is basically an isolated case, so I'll at least give it another shake. Congrats on finishing it by the way, something I wish I got to say more often ;)

mdqp

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Cheers, looking at a walkthrough for the game it looks as though the event that irked me so much last time is basically an isolated case, so I'll at least give it another shake. Congrats on finishing it by the way, something I wish I got to say more often ;)
I am a player myself, so I know how frustrating it can be to get unfinished games. So far I completed 3/3 games, so my track record is still spotless. :D

mdqp

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

One last note: the web version is now available, for those who can't play the normal RAGS version.