What's new

Rags game - Tales of the Drunken Cowboy

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Rags game - Tales of the Drunken Cowboy

I meant in line with the corruption and mind control themes in this game.

OP
A

alako

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I meant in line with the corruption and mind control themes in this game.
Hypnopics-Collective is a forum that centers mind control. The MC Game Zone sub-forum is where all the RAGS and RPG maker games are posted. Rough Land 1 and 2 are some of their best creations. h ttp://hypnopics-collective.net/viewforum.php?f=11

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

MotelS is another one on Hypnotics Collective that's pretty good. It's very slow updating though and is nowhere near finished. It's a RAGS game and has pictures as well. Has mind control and a form of corruption, called 'programming' in the game.

If you don't mind text based games, there's Trap Quest made by our very own Aika. More about bimboification/sissification than mind control/corruption, but one could argue that bimboification and sissification are forms of corruption.

But, as stated before, the Rough Landing games are very good. The second one has much more content and replayability than the first one.

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

Do you mean adult interactive fiction games? Most are just text based only. And you have to type out commands instead of having drop down menus. This is one of a handful that actually has pictures.

w ww.ifwiki.org/index.php/GoblinBoy

His games have CG pictures but they're command based instead of menu.

I wrote up a walkthrough for the game and I THINK I got all the missions and events (minus the random ones that don't appear to do anything). Let me know if I missed anything and I'll revise it.
Note for the kidnapping, in the Darnezia path, if you use the Remora to decipher the radio you can find a shield upgrade for Celeste in apartment 04.

OP
A

alako

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

0.6A Bug fix version is up, comes with a cheat tool that I think mdqp accidentally left in the game. However, like all other Rags game, your old save won't work in the new version.

Sasha

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Anyone know how to beat the goddess when Celeste puts the bracelet on and gets kidnapped? I got to her with Piper and the other two girls, and I made sure I got the plate first, but I always lose everyone no matter what, and the guide doesn't shed any light on things.

Thanks in advance?

Ouro

Lurker
Reputation score

Anyone know how to beat the goddess when Celeste puts the bracelet on and gets kidnapped? I got to her with Piper and the other two girls, and I made sure I got the plate first, but I always lose everyone no matter what, and the guide doesn't shed any light on things.

Thanks in advance?
If you use the poisoned needle or Jane's psychic powers too much, neither can resist the goddess. Since you have Piper, she can take care of the guard and free up the needle for use against the goddess.

moogles

Lurker
Reputation score

Sounds intesting...

Too bad RAGs crashes straight away on my computer (win7sp1)

Apparently might be caused by not having Windows Media Player installed, but I remember removing that POS for a reason, though can't remember what that reason was.
I think rags just doesn't like windows 7, crashes for me also on 64bit win7

OP
A

alako

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I think rags just doesn't like windows 7, crashes for me also on 64bit win7
It works for my 64bit Win 7. Are you having the file is not readable problem? Try to download the game file again should fix it.
Edit:
I did some digging around and found that a few people also reported Rags crashing in Win7. However, most others don't. I guess it has something to do with other programs instead of Win7 itself.

Last edited:

Sasha

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

If you use the poisoned needle or Jane's psychic powers too much, neither can resist the goddess. Since you have Piper, she can take care of the guard and free up the needle for use against the goddess.
I tried to reload a save, and somehow the game bugged and let me win with Jane. Oh, well; never look a gift horse in the mouth and all that...

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score

It works for my 64bit Win 7. Are you having the file is not readable problem? Try to download the game file again should fix it.
Edit:
I did some digging around and found that a few people also reported Rags crashing in Win7. However, most others don't. I guess it has something to do with other programs instead of Win7 itself.
I decided to go ahead and reinstall windows media center and player to check this out, which fixed the crashing bug. Doesn't seem to have cocked up my file associations which is good.

What was that other RAGs game with a super heroine?

OP
A

alako

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Humm.. I dont think they are super heroine, but Rough Landing 1&2 feature a tough chick kingda protagonist. If u like super heroine, try British fox series for the TADS engine. You can find all the info at my thread on Hongfire:
hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/377867-A-search-for-games-that-are-similar-to-A-Dance-with-Rogues!-List-added

mdqp

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Just a heads up to let people know I recently released un update for my game.

I hope you'll have fun! :D

triton631

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

How u actually upgrade VR module, or this isnt in game yet?

Fifth

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

It is in game, you have to buy the house from Brad Pitt.

ElijahHu

Demon Girl
Reputation score

This game is a Transformation(Transgender) Game has Transformation Scene with Adult Scene.

volvaga

Reputation score

Anyone know of more games like this?
May not be what you're looking for, but as far as text games go. CoC, or Corruption of Champions. As well as Flexible Survival and Nimin Fetish Fantasy. Are all decent options. You can find links to all of them on the COC site, which is Fenoxo.com In the links section.

An alternative is Cursed, but really the CoC links section covers most I'd recommend.

mdqp

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

This game is a Transformation(Transgender) Game has Transformation Scene with Adult Scene.
Well, there is one character who (unwillingly) gets his body and gender changed, but it's actually a body switch (they transplanted the brain into a body grown for that specific purpose) and the transformation isn't actually shown (in this case, it would be a surgery procedure, though). You don't have sex scenes with her, although he/she ends up being a stripper, if you don't help him/her get his/her body back, so you can see her in a skimpy dress, but that's about it.

Does that qualifies as TF/TG?